Free 2 Month Blockbuster Total Access

Kosley

CAGiversary!
Free 2 months of Blockbuster Total Access for new members (1, 2, or 3-out at a time)

1. Go to www.blockbuster.com/transfer

2. Go to the bottom of the page, on the left side under terms and conditions click the two small dots (Picture)

3. On the next page put store number "91271" and password "bbonline"

4. Next page where it says dish id put "666441"

5. Then sign up and enjoy 2 months of free movies, games, and blu-ray rentals!

This promotion is used for the B&M stores that are closing. Just be sure to cancel before your 2 months is up or it will auto bill you

Updated: 01-20-13
Credit: gamerguy223

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pedrobeara']one game i ordered was lost in the mail and they shipped another one out right away and both copies came for some reason (not sure if i have to return both) and another came without the disc and they are shipping me another copy guess i'm having bad lick but I'm also using a pre paid CC so no worries even if they do decide to charge the card with only a dollar on it[/QUOTE]

talk about fraud so you reported a game lost. they send you a replacement the lost one comes and now you think you can just keep it for free .

I can confirm you have about 30 days to return a game, but they will send you an email with an exact date that it must be back by.

On another note, I can't believe anyone would pay for this service. Truly, truly awful. I am glad I snagged a few DVDs Netflix didn't have in stock but I would never pay for this service again. Netflix is better in every way.. unless you live near a BB for unlimited exchanges. That would be nice.

[quote name='Nimrod4431']I can confirm you have about 30 days to return a game, but they will send you an email with an exact date that it must be back by.

On another note, I can't believe anyone would pay for this service. Truly, truly awful. I am glad I snagged a few DVDs Netflix didn't have in stock but I would never pay for this service again. Netflix is better in every way.. unless you live near a BB for unlimited exchanges. That would be nice.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that statement. I'm glad I got this free trial as it allowed me to rent some older games and boost my gamerscore, but there is no chance in hell I'd paid what they charge for this type of service. Netflix pretty much does everything better, even down to the quality of the envelopes.

I'd probably pay for a 1 or 2 out service, I'm assuming I live near the local BB mail center as it takes two days to get to me and one day to get back.

yeah i cant see me paying for this service. Its annoying when they get a movie back friday, and i have to wait till monday for them to ship a new one back to me.

[quote name='Nimrod4431']I can confirm you have about 30 days to return a game, but they will send you an email with an exact date that it must be back by.

On another note, I can't believe anyone would pay for this service. Truly, truly awful. I am glad I snagged a few DVDs Netflix didn't have in stock but I would never pay for this service again. Netflix is better in every way.. unless you live near a BB for unlimited exchanges. That would be nice.[/QUOTE]

yea im starting to get throttled already..

first month movies came within 2 days checked back in within 2days.

2nd month MOvies are all SHIPPING from west cost (even new releases) taking 3 to 4 days each way

first month got 12 movies

be very lucky to get 6 this month

Its a case to case basis, I have to disagree, I have had netflix, and it was worse. Also their streaming service stinks in comparison to the streaming I get on Dish cable. Also, Im lucky and live near a store, so i do the exchanges, great deal, better value than netflix, and they get the movies sooner. Plus games, even if older ones.

Do you need a brand new email to sign up for this? I've been a member off and on for years with different emails.

[quote name='Nimrod4431']On another note, I can't believe anyone would pay for this service. Truly, truly awful. I am glad I snagged a few DVDs Netflix didn't have in stock but I would never pay for this service again. Netflix is better in every way.. unless you live near a BB for unlimited exchanges. That would be nice.[/QUOTE]

I've been saying this for a long time. When you add in all the frustration and aggravation you'll get from broken and scratched discs, excessive wait times, lack of titles, their shoddy website and poor customer service it's barely tolerable as a free trial. It certainly doesn't entice you to become a paying member. Under DISH it somehow managed to get worse.

[quote name='slidecage']yea im starting to get throttled already..

first month movies came within 2 days checked back in within 2days.

2nd month MOvies are all SHIPPING from west cost (even new releases) taking 3 to 4 days each way

first month got 12 movies

be very lucky to get 6 this month[/QUOTE]

My case is like yours but get this,I live in California and they are shipping my movies or games from I think the east coast so it is taking 3-4 days each way for me also now.

Holy crap!!! Blockbuster just sent me a damned burned disk instead of the actual movie disk. Some damn idiot stole their movie. I damned well better not be held responsible for it.!!!!!!!

This is BS

[quote name='lllGurulll']Holy crap!!! Blockbuster just sent me a damned burned disk instead of the actual movie disk. Some damn idiot stole their movie. I damned well better not be held responsible for it.!!!!!!!

This is BS[/QUOTE]

Was the movie by any chance "girl with dragon tattoo"? Cause the design supposed to looks like a copied disc:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/celebritology/post/girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-dvd-design-has-proven-confusing-to-some/2012/03/21/gIQAVi9ESS_blog.html

Can't get this to work. I get this error every time:

"We're sorry, but the email address you entered is already in use. Please enter a new email address, or if you wish, you may log into your existing account and update your email preferences."

I've tried a bunch of different email addresses... and I've never registered for Blockbuster before.

[quote name='JohnnyS5']Do you need a brand new email to sign up for this? I've been a member off and on for years with different emails.[/QUOTE]

let me sign up with my existing email :)

I just got a cracked in half dvd from them in the mail and I reported it but they have not sent me a replacement for that dvd.I think they may not have a replacement becuase its an old dvd.My question is how do I make sure they don't waste an open slot for weeks waiting for a disc they don't have?
I don't see a button to click like netflix where they ask if you want a replacement or the next item in your Que list.
Thanks

This still works.

The online service is horrible, but if you still have a B&M store nearby, you can swap all .99 daily rentals as much as you like. So, if there's a lot games you've missed out on, which fits for me as a late comer to the PS3 after the Gamestop $199 deal, it's pretty great.

Thanks, Kosley.

[quote name='mikepeluso']I just got a cracked in half dvd from them in the mail and I reported it but they have not sent me a replacement for that dvd.I think they may not have a replacement becuase its an old dvd.My question is how do I make sure they don't waste an open slot for weeks waiting for a disc they don't have?
I don't see a button to click like netflix where they ask if you want a replacement or the next item in your Que list.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

if you reported BROKEN DISC the item will remain in your slot an item may ship out but i think mine was held for a week need to call them if you dont want it anymore

ANYONE TRY THIS

Sign up under EMAIL 1 stay 2 months ... CANCEL at the end of 2 months (ends coming up very soon for many)
2 months later Cancel Sign up under EMAIL 3

repeat

im going to cancell friday as my 2 months ends MAY 21

first month 12 movies
2nd month 8 movies

neither worth 20 per month

I think you'd also need separate CCs and addresses. It would probably work. If Blockbuster is still in business 2 months from now.

[quote name='No.']I think you'd also need separate CCs and addresses. It would probably work. If Blockbuster is still in business 2 months from now.[/QUOTE]

have more the one email (check)
have more then one CC (check)
have more then one Address (half check wouldnt be worth the gas money running over to the other house to grab movies

So blah LOL

Thanks OP for this, signed up for the 3 out at a time and so far in one week got 3 movies, exchanged 3 in store, and have 2 shipped this morning.

The girl with the dragon tattoo was good but started slower and seemed like it had more filler than the original.
Drive sucked and I do not see how critics were saying it was a good movie.
The Darkest Hour was very mediocore but not too bad.
Contraband was good but seemed like they rushed the movie together.
Warrior was excellent with a good story, good action, and great performances.
Bridesmaids was good but also did not deserve all the praise it got and was definitely not the funniest movie of last year.

I've gotten 16 rentals out of it so far with 12 more days left, 6 of which are games:
Alice: Madness Returns
Alan Wake
Mass Effect
Infamous
God of War Collection
How to Train Your Dragon

The only one I didn't beat was Mass Effect during the rental period, I ended up buying it off amazon and into my backlog.

I don't have a blockbuster near me, and it waks 3 days from the mailing center to recieve it and vice versa so this is great deal and have no idea why people saying it not the effort.

[quote name='No.']I think you'd also need separate CCs and addresses. It would probably work. If Blockbuster is still in business 2 months from now.[/QUOTE]

I guess you missed the memo that dish bought blockbuster..so i highly doubt anyone is closing in 2 months lol...

Had the free trial and it was awesome!! Also got Dish cable now, and the streaming is great too..so I am happy myself.

Hey I was just wondering if it says

• Next Billing Date:
    May 22,2012
Do you guys know when I have to cancel by? Like can I cancel on May 21 at night or is that cutting it too close.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I would do it before 6 pm on the 21st. I had done it once at like 9 pm and I was still charged. A call to customer service fixed that. So, before 6 pm on the 21st.

[quote name='mikepeluso']Hey I was just wondering if it says

• Next Billing Date:
    May 22,2012
Do you guys know when I have to cancel by? Like can I cancel on the May 21 at night or is the cutting it too close.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice.I am in California do I need to do it at 3pm, because I am pacific time.
To be safe I can just do before 3pm on the May 21st.
Thanks again

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm going to cancel my plan as well. I think I rented maybe 10-15 movies/games or so.[/QUOTE]

LOL shows how fucked up their company is..

i called up last night to cancel and they go think about it you have till the 22nd to cancel

I wake up this morning and have 7 Movies shipping out

and the stupid thing is all of these movies are not even on my Q anymore (removed them weeks ago)

still going to cancel.. you have 30 days to return crap after canceling right

Movies shipping
underworld awaking (already rented) I think this was a 2 part movie cause the movie ends right in the middle of it
hidden
absentia
night wolf
desendents

so they are all crap movies LOL too bad didnt get THE GREY

[quote name='slidecage']LOL shows how fucked up their company is..

i called up last night to cancel and they go think about it you have till the 22nd to cancel

I wake up this morning and have 7 Movies shipping out

and the stupid thing is all of these movies are not even on my Q anymore (removed them weeks ago)

still going to cancel.. you have 30 days to return crap after canceling right

Movies shipping
underworld awaking (already rented) I think this was a 2 part movie cause the movie ends right in the middle of it
hidden
absentia
night wolf
desendents

so they are all crap movies LOL too bad didnt get THE GREY[/QUOTE]

Lol! I would've had more rentals, but I took forever to watch the movies with my gf. Oh well, I finished some games as well so I'm not complaining.

This is weird. I got an email from them to resubscribe and get my first month free so I signed up. My next bill date was 5/19 up until yesterday. I log in today to cancel and the next bill date mysteriously has changed to 5/18. I better not get charged. I hate dealing with this kind of stuff.
Just an FYI for everyone.

I received a game in the mail that I removed from my queue 23 days ago, and it comes broken with tape on it. Oy. I don't know how anyone would pay for BB's online service.

I'd definitely recommend canceling a bit before your 2 months are up. I'll give myself a week cushion.

I've had the service for the past month or so, seen a lot of out of print films that somehow Blockbuster still has. This has worked out for me, I've only spent $ on gas zipping these back to the local store so they can mail me out some more films. Takes 2-3 days to get one to me from their mailing locations.

The amount of 99cent game rentals at some of the stores have been pretty good too so yes for free, how can you complain?

[quote name='mikepeluso']Hey I was just wondering if it says

• Next Billing Date:
    May 22,2012
Do you guys know when I have to cancel by? Like can I cancel on May 21 at night or is that cutting it too close.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Titles only ship out first thing in the morning from my experience, so if you're hoping things ship to you on the 21st cancel as soon as you see the shipping notice. If you're not expecting anything to ship that date cancel as soon as you see your last discs were sent.

[quote name='destro4eva']The amount of 99cent game rentals at some of the stores have been pretty good too so yes for free, how can you complain?[/QUOTE]
It's quite good if you still have a store nearby. The 99 cent games for me are more plentiful than the 'Available' games you can get online.

Mine expires here in a week I think. I already cancelled ahead of time to make sure I didn't forget.

Just got BF3 for my XBox360!

But yeah I went almost a month without getting a game... But All in all for being free I did get a decent amount of use out of it. Luckily for me there is a ship center so I get things the day after they ship them and same for me sending them back.

[quote name='destro4eva']I've had the service for the past month or so, seen a lot of out of print films that somehow Blockbuster still has. This has worked out for me, I've only spent $ on gas zipping these back to the local store so they can mail me out some more films. Takes 2-3 days to get one to me from their mailing locations.

The amount of 99cent game rentals at some of the stores have been pretty good too so yes for free, how can you complain?[/QUOTE]

if i had a blockbuster near by i wouldnt ..

Movies ship out on monday 3 x get the movies weds ...... RETURN Movies and pick up 3 games on thursday..

Play games Thursday friday and saturday and make sure they SCAN THEM SUNDAY

new movies ship out monday

12 MOVIES + 12 Games for 20 a month (movies being one day games being 3 days) would be worth 20.

NO local store = not worth it for 10 movies for 20 bucks

[quote name='No.']It's quite good if you still have a store nearby. The 99 cent games for me are more plentiful than the 'Available' games you can get online.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain how that works? If I want to exchange a DVD I received in the mail for a game in store, I only need to pay 99 cents? Is that per day or for the duration of my membership?

[quote name='whitereflection']Can you explain how that works? If I want to exchange a DVD I received in the mail for a game in store, I only need to pay 99 cents? Is that per day or for the duration of my membership?[/QUOTE]

I hope this helps. When you go to the store with your dvd rental, you can rent either a game our movie. You can rent any movie you want, but the games have to be .99 to be free. Games that are $1.99/$2.99 won't be free. You can keep the movie/game for your rental period. It'll just hold that one spot.

[quote name='fadersdream']If Blockbuster is still around in two months and I haven't bought this I'm going to feel soooo stupid.[/QUOTE]

Funny how people keep posting that, when dish network owns them now, and the online and streaming standpoints will never disappear.

I canceled, but you have to watch out because when it says part 2 of 2 you still have to hit the tiny link to cancel. I almost thought i was done, good thing i checked hard.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I canceled, but you have to watch out because when it says part 2 of 2 you still have to hit the tiny link to cancel. I almost thought i was done, good thing i checked hard.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Once I get to the computer, I'll cancel it.

Yeah you figured it out, I was expecting that two movies would ship to me on Monday morning.So I was figuring I could cancel in the afternoon.
Thanks for the advice

I have had a couple complaints.I got a broken disc and they couldn't find a replacement and wasted a slot for several days.I also had trouble getting any decent games and some trouble with older movies I wanted.They had a few times they left a slot open for longer than they should.
But actually the service worked pretty good for me. I have a Blockbuster store just 4 blocks away so I can ride my bike there to do the exchanges the same day/night I get one in the mail.

[quote name='ooga']This is weird. I got an email from them to resubscribe and get my first month free so I signed up. My next bill date was 5/19 up until yesterday. I log in today to cancel and the next bill date mysteriously has changed to 5/18. I better not get charged. I hate dealing with this kind of stuff.
Just an FYI for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this happened to me as well. They can charge me if they want, I'm just gonna dispute it.

Edit: I should also mention that I resubbed because they gave me a free month.....which I had to email tech support to activate because it wasn't working. I only received 2 games and I sent the first one back after 1 day. Never had another shipped out despite having a Q of 40+ games. Free is about all this service is worth.

First saw this thread earlier this week.. signed up for the two month free trial, received three games roughly 3-4 days later. They seem to be in good condition, no scratches as far as I can tell but I haven't tried them out yet.

Anyway, great stuff. Thanks for posting.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I canceled, but you have to watch out because when it says part 2 of 2 you still have to hit the tiny link to cancel. I almost thought i was done, good thing i checked hard.[/QUOTE]

i didnt see any SMALL PRINT

though for people with no stores close to you they do offer

3 at a time plan for 16.99 what isnt a bad deal but i still cancelled due to the fact i got a phone call that local famly video is giving me FREE half off rentals for a month what would be almost the same price

1.49 movies + Free movie if i rent tuesday - thursday so i can get

10 new releases + 10 mid releases for 14.90 from family video

if the shipping time wasnt that bad I wouldnt mind staying for 17 a month for 3 at a time but then again even at 10 movies per month that is the same as redbox

bread's done
Back