Frys.com: PS Vita $199.99

Market conditions for the PSP were quite different when that came out. It had better 3rd party support, and for $250 there wasn't a competitive device available. Also the PSP predates the original iPhone, so the PSP didn't have to compete against mobile gaming at all...

[quote name='Cygnus11']It all comes down to this. The 3DS sells well due to the nintendo exclusives that are and will be released on the platform. The vita provides the best handheld console-like experience period. There is simply a bigger audience for nintendo exclusives than there is for people who want a console-like experience on a handheld.[/QUOTE]

I think you nailed it with "console-like." I can't be the only person who is looking for a different experience from a handheld than from a console. I want unique experiences that can't be (or just aren't) replicated on a console. That's one reason the original DS is one of my favorite handhelds of all time. There were so many unique experiences on that system. The 3DS and Vita are both disappointing to me. I own the former and will almost certainly cave and buy the latter. But there's so little that's exciting to me on either system. Part of the problem is that mobile and XBLA/PSN have diminished the appeal of handhelds for me. So many experiences that used to be handheld-exclusive can now be replicated in those mediums at a fraction of the cost. And, where handheld used to be the go-to for great 2D games, XBLA/PSN have really been dominating that segment lately. It just dims the luster of the new handhelds for me. I will buy a Vita because I'm a sucker, but I want more experiences like Escape Plan and Locoroco, and fewer like Uncharted and Assassin's Creed. I understand that for huge fans of those franchises, more equals better, but for me, I just want something that's different from 360/PS3.

[quote name='leichstein']Your original post said that the reason the Vita is a poor system is because of the games. Sadly, your list of Metacritic averages and your "critiquing" of them do nothing to support that statement.[/quote]

Let the record show that you're claiming review scores, multiplatform availability, multiplatform inferiority, developer's pedigree, development budget, and rehashing have no significant impact on the gaming public's perception of a game's quality or the overall quality of a system's library, nor would it be rational for them to have a significant impact.

I think the credibility of that claim speaks for itself.

Once you brought up the sales of the Vita as a point of why the Vita is a poor system, you indirectly opened up the sub-topic on why their sales are low. It's perfectly fine to discuss ways to improve those sales.

If you're going to continue to use that strawman in order to obfuscate, okay, cite exactly where I claimed the Vita is a poor system because of its poor sales.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Market conditions for the PSP were quite different when that came out. It had better 3rd party support, and for $250 there wasn't a competitive device available. Also the PSP predates the original iPhone, so the PSP didn't have to compete against mobile gaming at all...[/QUOTE]
True.I'm pretty excited for PS Mobile.There are a few game I would like to play like Dead Space,Age of Zombies,Pac-Man CE and Lara Croft Guardian of Light.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Market conditions for the PSP were quite different when that came out. It had better 3rd party support, and for $250 there wasn't a competitive device available. Also the PSP predates the original iPhone, so the PSP didn't have to compete against mobile gaming at all...[/QUOTE]

I think something else that people aren't mentioning is that the 3DS looks a lot more attractive to the purchaser (when they aren't the main user---i.e. mom, dad, relative, etc.) when they see how many sub $20 and even sub $10 games are on store shelves being clearanced out.

Let's face it... Despite 1st party titles holding their value Nintendo is a magnet for shovelware which is a term I'm sure most casual gamers don't know about. They see all these cheap 3DS games and get excited. I can't think of a single game that didn't have mario in the title that hasn't been easy to find somewhere for $19.99 or less.

[quote name='mrx001']True.I'm pretty excited for PS Mobile.There are a few game I would like to play like Dead Space,Age of Zombies,Pac-Man CE and Lara Croft Guardian of Light.[/QUOTE]

What do those games have to do with PS Mobile. From what I saw PS Mobile will be games that can run on the Vita and PlayStation certified devices...

[quote name='Meno']Let the record show that you're claiming review scores, multiplatform availability, multiplatform inferiority, developer's pedigree, development budget, and rehashing have no significant impact on the gaming public's perception of a game's quality or the overall quality of a system's library, nor would it be rational for them to have a significant impact.

I think the credibility of that claim speaks for itself. [/QUOTE]

Hmmm, okay, let's break down your critique of the games:

The "inferior" console ports:
Rayman Origins - Scored a point higher than the ports that it is supposedly inferior to
Mortal Kombat - Scored exactly the same as the average between the X360 and PS3 scores
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - Scored 10 points higher than the PS3 version, four points higher than the X360 version
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - You can have this one.
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Scored the same as the PS3 version, one point higher than the X360 version.

You said LBP is not a good game because it's "milked" but that can be said about pretty much every major series that gamers like from Mario to Assassin's Creed to Call of Duty and on and on and on. Except there is one thing, you said no major changes to the formula. This one lets you save in user-created levels, which greatly expands the types of levels and games that creators can make.

Lumines as a glorified iOS game? One of the most critically acclaimed puzzle games? Yeah, okay, that's just stupid.

B-Team Uncharted still seemed to score pretty decently.

And finally, the budget download games, as if that somehow means they all suck. That's not even a criticism, you're simply saying you can download them and they're cheaper than retail games.

Sooo, I guess you were right about Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Congratulations. All of the games you listed have good review scores. Multiplatform availability means nothing. There is no multiplatform inferiority except for MGS HD. Developer's pedigree and budget, are you comparing them to console games? The rehashing claim can be made for pretty much any game that isn't a new IP, which is almost every game.

[quote name='GBAstar']I think something else that people aren't mentioning is that the 3DS looks a lot more attractive to the purchaser (when they aren't the main user---i.e. mom, dad, relative, etc.) when they see how many sub $20 and even sub $10 games are on store shelves being clearanced out.

Let's face it... Despite 1st party titles holding their value Nintendo is a magnet for shovelware which is a term I'm sure most casual gamers don't know about. They see all these cheap 3DS games and get excited. I can't think of a single game that didn't have mario in the title that hasn't been easy to find somewhere for $19.99 or less.[/QUOTE]

The fact that the 3DS can play DS games doesn't hurt either :)

I don't personally see the 3DS and the Vita competing for the same demographic, since there are few common games between the platforms.

But yes the 3DS has plenty of inexpensive casual games to choose from, that will appeal to some...

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hmmm, okay, let's break down your critique of the games:

The "inferior" console ports:
Rayman Origins - Scored a point higher than the ports that it is supposedly inferior to
Mortal Kombat - Scored exactly the same as the average between the X360 and PS3 scores
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - Scored 10 points higher than the PS3 version, four points higher than the X360 version
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - You can have this one.
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Scored the same as the PS3 version, one point higher than the X360 version.

You said LBP is not a good game because it's "milked" but that can be said about pretty much every major series that gamers like from Mario to Assassin's Creed to Call of Duty and on and on and on. Except there is one thing, you said no major changes to the formula. This one lets you save in user-created levels, which greatly expands the types of levels and games that creators can make.

Lumines as a glorified iOS game? One of the most critically acclaimed puzzle games? Yeah, okay, that's just stupid.

And finally, the budget download games, as if that somehow means they all suck. That's not even a criticism, you're simply saying you can download them and they're cheaper than retail games.

Sooo, I guess you were right about Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Congratulations. All of the games you listed have good review scores. Multiplatform availability means nothing. There is no multiplatform inferiority except for MGS HD. Developer's pedigree and budget, are you comparing them to console games? The rehashing claim can be made for pretty much any game that isn't a new IP, which is almost every game.[/QUOTE]

He really has made very few valid points. I stopped taking what he had to say seriously when he was arguing that the vita has been on the market for 10 months.

Furthermore someone already did the dirty work and showed how in the same seven months that the Vita has been out it has more high scoring games then the 3DS in the same time span and furthermore with the exception of just one game all of the high scoring 3DS games were direct ports.

Apparently he doesn't know that there is a difference between typing smart and actually being smart

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']What do those games have to do with PS Mobile. From what I saw PS Mobile will be games that can run on the Vita and PlayStation certified devices...[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what it is. It's kind of a app (game) store for the Vita and Playstation certified devices. It wouldn't be surprising to see those developers port their mobile games over to PS Mobile

since it would be available to Vita, table and cellphone owners (PS certified of course). It's also launching this Wednesday with over 30 games available for download*

*http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/19/playstation-store-for-ps-mobile-opens-its-virtual-doors-on-oct/

[quote name='Namerson']That's exactly what it is. It's kind of a app (game) store for the Vita and Playstation certified devices. It wouldn't be surprising to see those developers port their mobile games over to PS Mobile

since it would be available to Vita, table and cellphone owners (PS certified of course). It's also launching this Wednesday with over 30 games available for download*

*http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/19/playstation-store-for-ps-mobile-opens-its-virtual-doors-on-oct/[/QUOTE]

We will see what happens, but my expectations are pretty low about what the actual games are going to be...

[quote name='juanawoman']The Vita HAS games, but it doesn't have many good/original games. Same problem that plagued the 3DS. Vita only has two games I want to play: Uncharted and Gravity Rush. Most of the other games are just downgraded ports of PS3 games. If I wanted to play LittleBigPlanet/UMVC3/SFxTekken, I'd just play it on PS3. As of right now, the Vita is the PSP all over again. Granted, it has only been 7 months.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it was intentional or not, but you say inferior ports then list 3 of the most horrific examples I've ever seen. LBP isn't a port last time i checked, SfxT isn't even out yet so how you would know how its even inferior in the first place is beyond me. Umvc3 has already been documented in this very thread on why its in no way inferior and actually stands on its own merits.

[quote name='GBAstar']with the exception of just one game all of the high scoring 3DS games were direct ports.[/QUOTE]

So you don't know what a direct port is...good to know.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hmmm, okay, let's break down your critique of the games:[/QUOTE]

Rayman Origins: Multiplayer removed.

Mortal Kombat: Severe graphics downgrade.

639757_20120429_640screen003.jpg

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Missing background animations.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend: I forget how this one's been downgraded. For the sake of laziness, I'm willing to concede this one, although as with all these Vita fighters, you can't play them with a stick.

You said LBP is not a good game because it's "milked" but that can be said about pretty much every major series that gamers like from Mario to Assassin's Creed to Call of Duty and on and on and on.

Ridiculous claim. Very few series are rehashed annually. Just for starters:

Elder Scrolls
Smash Bros
Gran Turismo
Resident Evil
Devil May Cry
Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Solid
Wii Sports
Mass Effect
Mario Kart
Metroid
Fallout
Grand Theft Auto
Animal Crossing
Dragon Quest

Lumines as a glorified iOS game? One of the most critically acclaimed puzzle games?

Puzzle games like Angry Birds and Cut the Rope have higher MetaCritic averages and they're readily available on Android and iOS. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they come free in boxes of cereal.

It scored 8 to 16 points lower than the ones made by Naughty Dog, and it was almost universally considered a disappointment. That's something worth taking into consideration if you're interested in buying a Vita because you like the ones made by Naughty Dog.

And finally, the budget download games, as if that somehow means they all suck.

Strawman. Nowhere did I say they suck because they're budget download games. I'm pointing out that their quality is on par with Android and iOS game--which are a dime a dozen--and therefore they don't provide the "console experience" that Vita fanboys often trumpet as the Vita's main selling point.

[quote name='GBAstar']I stopped taking what he had to say seriously when he was arguing that the vita has been on the market for 10 months.[/quote]

The Vita was released in December of last year in Japan. Is it your assertion that it was launched in Japan without any games? That games were only released for the Vita when it was launched three months later in the US?

Furthermore someone already did the dirty work and showed how in the same seven months that the Vita has been out it has more high scoring games then the 3DS in the same time span and furthermore with the exception of just one game all of the high scoring 3DS games were direct ports.

And as I've told you before:

3. The quality of 3DS’ library has no bearing on the quality of the Vita’s library. Further, it’s rational to conclude that both systems have/had poor lineups during their first year on the market. At that point the question is: Will the Vita’s lineup continue to be poor after the first year? And based on how thin the Vita’s announced 2013 lineup is, Sony themselves publicly admitting that they’re having a difficult time securing third-party support for the Vita, and how few Vita games have been announced since the system launched, the forecast looks poor.

With the addendum: And the Vita's global sales are very poor, it's facing strong competition from the cellphone and tablet markets, and Sony themselves have stated that most Vita owners also own PS3s, which gives publishers far less incentive to port multiplatform games to the Vita.

So because something is released in just 1 region that somehow makes the thing older when it finally has a global launch lol k

[quote name='renique46']So because something is released in just 1 region that somehow makes the thing older when it finally has a global launch lol k[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course. It IS older.

You guys do realize that the burden of proof falls on the folks claiming the vita hasn't been a failure right? As of this point, it has severely under performed, that's a fact.

[quote name='Meno']Rayman Origins: Multiplayer removed.

Mortal Kombat: Severe graphics downgrade.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Missing background animations.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend: I forget how this one's been downgraded. For the sake of laziness, I'm willing to concede this one, although as with all these Vita fighters, you can't play them with a stick.

Ridiculous claim. Very few series are rehashed annually. Just for starters:

Elder Scrolls
Smash Bros
Gran Turismo
Resident Evil
Devil May Cry
Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Solid
Wii Sports
Mass Effect
Mario Kart
Metroid
Fallout
Grand Theft Auto
Animal Crossing
Dragon Quest

Puzzle games like Angry Birds and Cut the Rope have higher MetaCritic averages and they're readily available on Android and iOS. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they come free in boxes of cereal.

It scored 8 to 16 points lower than the ones made by Naughty Dog, and it was almost universally considered a disappointment. That's something worth taking into consideration if you're interested in buying a Vita because you like the ones made by Naughty Dog.

Strawman. Nowhere did I say they suck because they're budget download games. I'm pointing out that their quality is on par with Android and iOS game--which are a dime a dozen--and therefore they don't provide the "console experience" that Vita fanboys often trumpet as the Vita's main selling point.[/QUOTE]

Yet, all those games scored equal to or higher than their console counterparts. Why is that? Maybe because one negative thing like graphics or background animations did not outweigh the other benefits they brought? I did not know background animations were a make or break decision when comparing two versions of the same game.

Did this guy just say very few series are rehashed annually? Even though LBP has actually had four releases in five years (across three platforms), you have COD, Assassin's Creed, every sports game, Street Fighter series, BlazBlue series, other fighting game series, Just Dance series, Need For Speed series, numerous other racing game series, Battlefield series, etc.

Also, Final Fantasy has been releasing games yearly since 2009. In fact, they released three games in 2009 alone.

Really? You compared Lumines to Angry Birds and Cut The Rope? Okay, that's a great argument.

B-Team Uncharted still scored pretty decently though, didn't it?

That's an even worse argument. Because you can download them, their quality is on par with iOS games? Show me an iOS game as good as Sound Shapes, Tales From Space, or Super Stardust. It is obvious you've never played either of these games to make such a ridiculous claim. By the way, two of those games are sequels to PSN games, so I guess the logical extension to your argument is that all PSN games are at the same quality as iOS games. Get the fuck out of here.

Furthermore, you are using the Japan launch for the age of the Vita yet did not include any Japanese games in your game critique? Why is that? Be consistent.

All vita threads are starting to look the same:

1. Post a message about a very good vita deal.
2. Someone eventually makes a post about how Sony needs a price cut even though this current deal represents exactly what a price cut would look like.
3. Someone else posts how the vita has no games.
4. People who love the vita and really want to see it succeed feel the need (justifiably) to defend the system because they feel it is being judged unfairly.

Bottom line - The vita is a great system that is struggling to find a large audience. It has great games, but not too many unique experiences. (Although LittleBigPlanet Vita is definitely a unique experience IMO. Great traditional controls mixed in with touchscreen/tilt controls and powerful creation tools).

I really hope more people take a chance with this system. Once you own it and play some of its games you will finally understand why we defend it so strongly.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Yet, all those games scored equal to or higher than their console counterparts. Why is that?[/quote]

Because reviewers don't hold systems to the same standards, and for obvious reasons. For instance, if you held the 3DS to the graphical standards of the PC, all 3DS games would be docked for poor graphics.

As an example, here's GameSpot's policy on platform standards:

"We Rate Games According to the Current Standards of Their Platforms and Genres

Every gaming platform is different, especially in terms of its technical features. However, we believe high-quality gaming experiences are possible on all the gaming platforms that we cover. So we review games against the standards of their respective platforms by implicitly comparing them to other games on that same platform and, to a lesser extent, to other games in that genre. As a result, our ratings of games on different platforms are not intended to be directly compared to one another. However, relative comparisons do apply, so a game that scores poorly is a poor game by any standards, while a game that scores extremely high is an outstanding game by any standards."

Did this guy just say very few series are rehashed annually? Even though LBP has actually had four releases in five years (across three platforms), you have COD, Assassin's Creed, every sports game, Street Fighter series, BlazBlue series, other fighting game series, Just Dance series, Need For Speed series, numerous other racing game series, Battlefield series, etc.

You've named a miniscule fraction of currently active franchises.

Really? You compared Lumines to Angry Birds and Cut The Rope? Okay, that's a great argument.

You've said nothing.

Because you can download them, their quality is on par with iOS games?

Becuase of their budget and scope. Did I really have to explain that to you?

Show me an iOS game as good as Sound Shapes, Tales From Space, or Super Stardust.

Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery, Tiny Wings, Infinity Blade. You're clueless.

Furthermore, you are using the Japan launch for the age of the Vita yet did not include any Japanese games in your game critique? Why is that? Be consistent.

I used MetaCritic's scores because MetaCritic is generally considered the best of the review aggregators, and the list contains numerous Japanese games including Gravity Rush, BlazBlue, MGS HD Collection, and MvC3 Ultimate.

If you're asking why I didn't include Ragnarok Odyssey, no reviews are logged for it at MetaCritic yet, and I don't know if it'll ultimately have an 80 or higher average.

Are you asking me to predict the future now?

Hahaha, Tiny Wings is fuckin terrible. Infinity Blade is boring too. Haven't played Superbrothers but I'm sure it's like every other "great" iOS game.

And I meant games released in Japan but not here, not games produced in Japan, you fuckin idiot. But renique, you're right, I'm done.

Right, so you want me to predict the future. And now you're upset, name calling, and running away. Typical Vita fanboy.

[quote name='Meno']Right, so you want me to predict the future. And now you're upset, name calling, and running away. Typical Vita fanboy.[/QUOTE]

Quit trolling dude and Stfu.

we're here for deals and low prices not to see you spew BS on the forums.

[quote name='Meno']Right, so you want me to predict the future. And now you're upset, name calling, and running away. Typical Vita fanboy.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? I'm talking about Japanese Vita games that are currently out there that are not over here. If you're going to use the Japanese release date, use the Japanese game list. How stupid are you?

This thread devolved quickly. Vita is on sale. You either want one or you don't. What's the point of coming into the thread and arguing? Unless you're getting paid to tell people whether or not to buy a certain product, then this is a useless discussion.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']What are you talking about? I'm talking about Japanese Vita games that are currently out there that are not over here. If you're going to use the Japanese release date, use the Japanese game list. How stupid are you?[/QUOTE]

How can I include them in a list of games that have an 80 or higher review average when they haven't been reviewed, genius? Use a magic crystal ball to see into the future?

[quote name='Meno']How can I include them in a list of games that have an 80 or higher review average when they haven't been reviewed, genius? Use a magic crystal ball to see into the future?[/QUOTE]

The Japanese don't have reviews?

If you're going to use the American game list, use the American release date. If you're going to use the Japanese release date, use the Japanese game list. Whether you can read Japanese game reviews or not is not my problem if you are the one choosing to use the Japanese release date.

And once again, why are you talking about the future? Hahaha, you really are an idiot.

[quote name='Meno']How can I include them in a list of games that have an 80 or higher review average when they haven't been reviewed, genius? Use a magic crystal ball to see into the future?[/QUOTE]

If you literally use Metacritic as your golden standard, then yes, you're a fucking idiot either way.

[quote name='Nochance']If you literally use Metacritic as your golden standard, then yes, you're a fucking idiot either way.[/QUOTE]

Non-sequitur. No one is arguing that Metacritic is authorative. You may as well have told us that putting your hand on a hot stove is dumb. No kidding.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']The Japanese don't have reviews?

If you're going to use the American game list, use the American release date. If you're going to use the Japanese release date, use the Japanese game list. Whether you can read Japanese game reviews or not is not my problem if you are the one choosing to use the Japanese release date.

And once again, why are you talking about the future? Hahaha, you really are an idiot.[/QUOTE]

You want me to use Japanese reviews? Why didn't you just say so.

Ragnorok Odyssey: 3.5/5 on Amazon.co.jp. I'm afraid it doesn't make the cut. Any other hopefuls you have in mind?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ガンホー・オンライン・...sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349052634&sr=8-1-spell

If I had the money I'd probably jump on this, but unfortunately I am going to have to pass. It is a good deal, though. Much better price for this system.

Ahh... Moot point anyway as it says its only available in-store. None around here.

[quote name='Meno']You want me to use Japanese reviews? Why didn't you just say so.

Ragnorok Odyssey: 3.5/5 on Amazon.co.jp. I'm afraid it doesn't make the cut. Any other hopefuls you have in mind?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ガンホー・オンライン・...sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349052634&sr=8-1-spell[/QUOTE]

Can we please stop feeding this troll.

We get it. You don't like the Vita. Move along, and go play something you do like.

The only thing disappointing with the Vita is that Sony did a horrible job of protecting piracy on their previous handheld. Publishers lost too much money, and Sony has done a poor job of getting them back. Otherwise, the tech is years beyond the 3DS, and the library of games is very enjoyable.
Yes, the memory cards are overpriced, but if you're a true CAG you can always find a deal.

[quote name='Meno']You want me to use Japanese reviews? Why didn't you just say so.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%83%9B%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E3%82%AA%E3%83%B3%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%BB%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%86%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88-%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B0%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AD%E3%82%AF-%E3%82%AA%E3%83%87%E3%83%83%E3%82%BB%E3%82%A4/dp/B005MNMUYY/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349052634&sr=8-1-spell[/QUOTE]

Ooo, did you just use customer reviews? Ouch.

But sure, tell me more about @field, A-men, DJ Max Technika Tune, Dream Club Zero Portable, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F, Let's Try Bass Fishing: Fish On, Little Busters! Converted Edition, Lord of Apocalypse, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Battle Destiny, Orgarhythm, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz, Surge Concerto: Ciel Nosurge, Tales of Innocence R, Time Travelers, and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. These are all games that are out right now in Japan.

Hopefully, you'll use something with a little bit more credibility than customer reviews.

[quote name='Meno']Non-sequitur. No one is arguing that Metacritic is authorative. You may as well have told us that putting your hand on a hot stove is dumb. No kidding.[/QUOTE]

By the way, you are using Metacritic as your authority on what games are considered "good" in your arguments.

[quote name='dragonjud']
Sony did a horrible job of protecting piracy on their previous handheld.[/QUOTE]
So true. PSP was way too easy to mod. Some of my friends never paid a cent for PSP games.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Ooo, did you just use customer reviews? Ouch.

But sure, tell me more about @field, A-men, DJ Max Technika Tune, Dream Club Zero Portable, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F, Let's Try Bass Fishing: Fish On, Little Busters! Converted Edition, Lord of Apocalypse, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Battle Destiny, Orgarhythm, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz, Surge Concerto: Ciel Nosurge, Tales of Innocence R, Time Travelers, and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. These are all games that are out right now in Japan.

Hopefully, you'll use something with a little bit more credibility than customer reviews.[/QUOTE]

Hot damn we've got a winner, gettingmoney.

Project Diva F: 4.5/5

Of course if you buy the game, your name will probably be automatically added to a government sex registry, but still.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ガンホー・オンライン・...sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349052634&sr=8-1-spell

[quote name='Cygnus11']All vita threads are starting to look the same:

1. Post a message about a very good vita deal.
2. Someone eventually makes a post about how Sony needs a price cut even though this current deal represents exactly what a price cut would look like.
3. Someone else posts how the vita has no games.
4. People who love the vita and really want to see it succeed feel the need (justifiably) to defend the system because they feel it is being judged unfairly.

Bottom line - The vita is a great system that is struggling to find a large audience. It has great games, but not too many unique experiences. (Although LittleBigPlanet Vita is definitely a unique experience IMO. Great traditional controls mixed in with touchscreen/tilt controls and powerful creation tools).

I really hope more people take a chance with this system. Once you own it and play some of its games you will finally understand why we defend it so strongly.[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head. The vita is a great system and an extraordinary handheld. All of the games I have played have been nothing short of excellent. The gaming "community" has got to be one of the worst communities on the planet. Its filled with people trying to tear everyone and everything down rather than building anything up. Its irritating and vita threads are a prime example.

Too many of these guys...
south-park-gamer.jpeg

[quote name='Meno']
Of course if you buy the game, your name will probably be automatically added to a government sex registry, but still. [/QUOTE]
Guess my name is on there then. But totally worth it for my lovely 初音.

[quote name='Meno']Hot damn we've got a winner, gettingmoney.

Of course if you buy the game, your name will probably be automatically added to a government sex registry, but still.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ガンホー・オンライン・...sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349052634&sr=8-1-spell[/QUOTE]

You could only give me information on one game out of the 15 I gave you? Why's that? If the Vita has been out for 10 months, you should be well versed in all these other games as well.

[quote name='chopper731']You hit the nail on the head. The vita is a great system and an extraordinary handheld. All of the games I have played have been nothing short of excellent. The gaming "community" has got to be one of the worst communities on the planet. Its filled with people trying to tear everyone and everything down rather than building anything up. Its irritating and vita threads are a prime example. [/QUOTE]

A man after my own heart. That's why I say I'm not a gamer, I'm a person who plays video games. Huge difference.

Too bad this discussion has devolved into trolling, because there are legitimate issues with Sony's strategy of making its handhelds into essentially light versions of their consoles. I really think this is one reason the Vita has struggled to find a mass audience early on. Hopefully we see Sony start to offer more unique handheld experiences as the Vita's life cycle progresses. It sounds like LBP Vita is a step in the right direction even if it is similar in many ways to the console versions.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']By the way, you are using Metacritic as your authority on what games are considered "good" in your arguments.[/QUOTE]

But I'm not using it as a final authority. There can be no final authority in this case because opinions are inherently subjective. What there can be are well-reasoned opinions, and MetaCritic is designed to gather well-reasoned opinions and democratize them. Whether it's successful at doing that is open for debate, but there's a general agreement that it's more credible than the opinion of any one random person.

[quote name='Meno']But I'm not using it as a final authority. There can be no final authority in this case because opinions are inherently subjective. What there can be are well-reasoned opinions, and MetaCritic is designed to gather well-reasoned opinions and democratize them. Whether it's successful at doing that is open for debate, but there's a general agreement that it's more credible than the opinion of any one random person.[/QUOTE]

You should be using your own personal experience as the final authority but it is quite obvious you have never played any of those games... yet you find the need to keep posting about them.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You could only give me information on one game out of the 15 I gave you? Why's that? If the Vita has been out for 10 months, you should be well versed in all these other games as well.[/quote]

Because your argument's specious. The point of noting that the Vita's been on the market 10 months instead of 7 is to show that if you're going to use the number of months a system has been on the market as a heuristic for determining the expected quality of its current lineup--and that's exactly what GBA was doing when he cited the figure and why he chose to use the 7 month figure instead of the 10 month figure--then you should use the actual number of months its been on the market instead of trying to fudge the number.

[quote name='Meno']Because your argument's specious. The point of noting that the Vita's been on the market 10 months instead of 7 is to show that if you're going to use the number of months a system has been on the market as a heuristic for determining the expected quality of its current lineup--and that's exactly what GBA was doing when he cited the figure and why he chose to use the 7 month figure instead of the 10 month figure--then you should use the actual number of months its been on the market instead of trying to fudge the number.[/QUOTE]

What? I used seven months because that is exactly how long it has been on the market in the U.S. I then asked you to compare the lineup of the Vita after 7 months to the lineup of the 3DS after 7 months and you balked at the opportunity because you knew it wouldn't support your agrument.

And will you finally admit you don't own a vita and that you have never played any of the games of which you've been criticizing?

I bought this as I just purchased a bunch of games from Walmart. $300 for the system and 7 games. I am very happy though now I need a decent price on some memory.

bread's done
Back