Frys.com: PS Vita $199.99

[quote name='chopper731']You hit the nail on the head. The vita is a great system and an extraordinary handheld. All of the games I have played have been nothing short of excellent. The gaming "community" has got to be one of the worst communities on the planet. Its filled with people trying to tear everyone and everything down rather than building anything up. Its irritating and vita threads are a prime example.

Too many of these guys...
south-park-gamer.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

And the counter-argument is that some Vita fanboys intentionally exaggerate the Vita's worth in order to try and dupe people into a buying Vitas. Like calling the Vita "extraordinary" and claiming every single Vita game they've played is "excellent." And then insulting people who rationally criticize the Vita.

[quote name='Meno']Because your argument's specious. The point of noting that the Vita's been on the market 10 months instead of 7 is to show that if you're going to use the number of months a system has been on the market as a heuristic for determining the expected quality of its current lineup--and that's exactly what GBA was doing when he cited the figure and why he chose to use the 7 month figure instead of the 10 month figure--then you should use the actual number of months its been on the market instead of trying to fudge the number.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I agree. If you're going to use the amount of months the system has been available on the international market, then you have to talk about all of the games available in the international market. However, you want to use the 10 month date (which includes the three months it was only available in Japan) yet you are only talking about the quality of the lineup that was available during the 7 months the Vita was available in North America.

If you're only going to use the games from one market, then you must use the date that the system came out in that one market.

Here's a more extreme example of what you're doing:

Let's say a system has been out in Japan for 5 years and has 300 games over there. It just came out here last month and only has two games. What you'd say is that the system has been out for 5 years and only has two games. It's fuckin stupid logic and I love watching you continue to defend it.

[quote name='Meno']And the counter-argument is that some Vita fanboys intentionally exaggerate the Vita's worth in order to try and dupe people into a buying Vitas. Like calling the Vita "extraordinary" and claiming every single Vita game they've played is "excellent." And then insulting people who rationally criticize the Vita.[/QUOTE]

I don't even have a Vita and I think you're coming off as a fanboy moron. You literally have no leg to stand on and you dodge every attempt at actual discussion to push your uninformed opinion.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']There are 30 games out for a 7 month old system with another 10 on the way by the end of the year. That might be one of the best launches on a console in a calendar year ever. Am I missing something? Most of the games that game out are pretty good too :whistle2:k I think most people that complain about the Vita are the people who don't own them. My one and only issue with the device is the price of the memory cards. It's a good device, Sony needs to do a better job advertising, they're supporting it fine, just not publicly.[/QUOTE]

Apparently you are. No one wants those games. They aren't appealing.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012...rms-playstation-vita-price-cut-coming-in-2013 There you have it folks a price cut is coming in 2013 so can all of you now shut the fuck up? Hint Hint (I'm sure the bundles and black friday deals will be better).

"But what you will see us doing is work very hard with our retail partners to add value to the product to make it more compelling." So that basically means more bundles. All I want is a price cut on those damn memory cards, come on Sony!

To me, the Vita is exactly as advertised. A system capable of PS3 level gaming on the go. For me, that's PRECISELY what I wanted. I love it so far. Problem is, is that a sustainable business model against Nintendo?

[quote name='RealDeals']To me, the Vita is exactly as advertised. A system capable of PS3 level gaming on the go. For me, that's PRECISELY what I wanted. I love it so far. Problem is, is that a sustainable business model against Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

Sure it is. Nintendo's hardware is cheaply designed and cheaply manufactured junk. It is so behind the curve it isn't funny. The 3D gimmick on the 3DS is terrible. I'd rather play games on much better hardware, anything but their gimmicky junk. The Vita is well-designed, high quality hardware.

Which one will stand the test of time better? Obviously the Vita, since it isn't gimped like the 3DS. Can't believe that people fall for Nintendo's cheap gimmicks anymore; just amazing.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Sure it is. Nintendo's hardware is cheaply designed and cheaply manufactured junk. It is so behind the curve it isn't funny. The 3D gimmick on the 3DS is terrible. I'd rather play games on much better hardware, anything but their gimmicky junk. The Vita is well-designed, high quality hardware.

Which one will stand the test of time better? Obviously the Vita, since it isn't gimped like the 3DS. Can't believe that people fall for Nintendo's cheap gimmicks anymore; just amazing.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, like I've said before, is the Vita can't compete against Nintendo in terms of selling the same amount of units. Nintendo is synonymous with kids. The market for 3DS's is far bigger than the market for Vita's. I'd be surprised if many parents were willing to buy a Vita for their six year old but the 3DS is perfect for them.

However, just because it doesn't sell as many units as the 3DS, it doesn't mean it's a failure. The PSP did not sell nearly as many units as the DS yet it was considered a success. There does not have to be a winner and a loser.

[quote name='Namerson']http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012...rms-playstation-vita-price-cut-coming-in-2013 There you have it folks a price cut is coming in 2013 so can all of you now shut the fuck up? Hint Hint (I'm sure the bundles and black friday deals will be better).

"But what you will see us doing is work very hard with our retail partners to add value to the product to make it more compelling." So that basically means more bundles. All I want is a price cut on those damn memory cards, come on Sony![/QUOTE]

That is crazy! Sony announcing a price cut months ahead of time. I really don't think elements of Sony knows what they are doing admitting that, because that may affect their sales in the short term...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']That is crazy! Sony announcing a price cut months ahead of time. I really don't think elements of Sony knows what they are doing admitting that, because that may affect their sales in the short term...[/QUOTE]

To be fair, that's SCEE and they don't say when in 2013. I mean, if it's later in 2013, isn't that about when price drops start to happen? Realistically, how far do people think it's going to price drop? I'd be surprised if it's cheaper than $199. Granted, if they do it in Jan 2013, that is a little odd to be mentioning a price drop in advance.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Sure it is. Nintendo's hardware is cheaply designed and cheaply manufactured junk. It is so behind the curve it isn't funny. The 3D gimmick on the 3DS is terrible. I'd rather play games on much better hardware, anything but their gimmicky junk. The Vita is well-designed, high quality hardware.

Which one will stand the test of time better? Obviously the Vita, since it isn't gimped like the 3DS. Can't believe that people fall for Nintendo's cheap gimmicks anymore; just amazing.[/QUOTE]

*Sigh*... Yes, obviously to you the Vita is superior because in comparison it's a technical marvel. I agree. Guess what though? Sony already got our sales. The base for people interested in Vitas is miniscule in comparison to the 3DS. What gettinmoney said is true thought, just because the Vita doesn't beat the 3DS means it's failure. I'm sure Sony still views the PSP, (truth be told, the biggest problem was piracy, not competition with the DS) overall, as a success.

Dear CAG, does it matter how many VITA games are actually out? NONE of you even play games anyway! You have a giant "backlog" of 9000 games!

And great deal, but will AMAZON match it, cuz CAG has so much credit saved up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40 games for a calender year is mediocre, for any system. Handheld or otherwise. Although I do admit that what's out there, is mostly good titles. However, it still doesn't dismiss the fact that the system is selling like crap. Good systems with good games doesn't necessarily translate into great sales. And just because some of you fanboys think 40 games in a year is a lot, doesn't mean that Sony thinks that. Stop being so sensitive when people pull the 'facts' card. If you like it and enjoy it, then that's all that should matter.

[quote name='ricoraney']40 games for a calender year is mediocre, for any system. Handheld or otherwise. Although I do admit that what's out there, is mostly good titles. However, it still doesn't dismiss the fact that the system is selling like crap. Good systems with good games doesn't necessarily translate into great sales. And just because some of you fanboys think 40 games in a year is a lot, doesn't mean that Sony thinks that. Stop being so sensitive when people pull the 'facts' card. If you like it and enjoy it, then that's all that should matter.[/QUOTE]

Does this "fact" card say that 7 months equals a calendar year? Because, if so, I definitely don't mind you bringing that card out.

Exactly, gotta love how supposedly the vita is a year old now, these people talking out of their ass continue to amuse me.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Does this "fact" card say that 7 months equals a calendar year? Because, if so, I definitely don't mind you bringing that card out.[/QUOTE]
New Math?

[quote name='renique46']Exactly, gotta love how supposedly the vita is a year old now, these people talking out of their ass continue to amuse me.[/QUOTE]

With all this :argue: and :boxing:

I'm gonna go sing Happy Birthday to my Vita! :beer:

[quote name='chopper731']You hit the nail on the head. The vita is a great system and an extraordinary handheld. All of the games I have played have been nothing short of excellent. The gaming "community" has got to be one of the worst communities on the planet. Its filled with people trying to tear everyone and everything down rather than building anything up. Its irritating and vita threads are a prime example.

Too many of these guys...
south-park-gamer.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

If only there was a online community of gamers sharing good deals on video ga. oooooh yeah.

Rational arguments for not buying or wanting a Vita:

Not enough games that I'm interested in
Price is currently too high for me
I don't like the pricing of the memory cards

Everything else is not a rational argument. Arguing that there are no good games as an objective fact that can somehow be proven is not rational. Arguing that $250 is too expensive in general is not rational. Arguing that Vita games are shit without ever touching one is not rational. Comparing Vita games to iOS/Android games when you've never played a Vita game is not rational. Completely making shit up is not rational. Really, anything else that you people like to bring up is not rational.

If I don't want a 3DS because I only like games like Tokyo Jungle and there are no games like that on the 3DS, I don't tell people the 3DS has no games. Then I would be a moron.

What I don't understand is that most of these same arguments can be easily made about the 3DS. Do you people swarm 3DS threads and complain about it? Of course not. It's just the Vita that gets this unnecessary and needless hate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how when it comes to games, it's only rational to not buy a Vita if there are NO games you're interested in. If there's only one game you're interested in, then it's irrational not to buy a Vita.

Great logic, gettingmoney. Lecture us some more on rationalism.

[quote name='Meno']I like how when it comes to games, it's only rational to not buy a Vita if there are NO games you're interested in. If there's only one game you're interested in, then it's irrational not to buy a Vita.

Great logic, gettingmoney. Lecture us some more on rationalism.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I only speak in black and white terms. It's zero or nothing. I couldn't have possibly meant none or a few. I'll edit it for you though since you need everything spelled out for you in specific terms.

I do like how you ignored every other argument of yours that I annihilated though. I thought you gave up but you're still in here. Did you come up with some more information on those 14 other games since the Vita has been out for 10 months? I want to know which ones are above an average rating of 80 and then why they aren't that great like you did with the American line up.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Yes, I only speak in black and white terms. It's zero or nothing. I couldn't have possibly meant none or a few. I'll edit it for you though since you need everything spelled out for you in specific terms.

I do like how you ignored every other argument of yours that I annihilated though. I thought you gave up but you're still in here.[/QUOTE]

You didn't disprove any of my arguments and I just caused you to edit one of your posts because it was so absurd.

[quote name='Meno']I like how when it comes to games, it's only rational to not buy a Vita if there are NO games you're interested in. If there's only one game you're interested in, then it's irrational not to buy a Vita.

Great logic, gettingmoney. Lecture us some more on rationalism.[/QUOTE]

Honestly dude, you should go back to being too embarrassed to post. You haven't said a single thing of any value because you've never even played the system.

On top of that, you literally think Metacritic is a good substitution for actual experience. Simply put, you're a pathetic fool.

[quote name='Meno']You didn't disprove any of my arguments and I just caused you to edit one of your posts because it was so absurd.[/QUOTE]

Bwahahha, the denial is amazing. Okay then, how are those other 14 games? I'm assuming they're all awesome and at least 4.5/5 stars like Hatsune Miku. Prove me wrong.

[quote name='Nochance']Honestly dude, you should go back to being too embarrassed to post. You haven't said a single thing of any value because you've never even played the system.

On top of that, you literally think Metacritic is a good substitution for actual experience. Simply put, you're a pathetic fool.[/QUOTE]

And now the Vita fanboys start back in with the ad hom attacks because they're upset.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Bwahahha, the denial is amazing. Okay then, how are those other 14 games? I'm assuming they're all awesome and at least 4.5/5 stars like Hatsune Miku. Prove me wrong.[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt in my mind that you think games like Project Diva are awesome.

As to your argument, GBA was the one who brought up the issue of how long the Vita's been on the market. My argument about the quality of the Vita's library has nothing to do with how long it's been on the market. Its lineup, current and future, is what it is regardless of how long the system's been on the market. I was simply correcting GBA.

Try again.

[quote name='Meno']And now the Vita fanboys start back in with the ad hom attacks because they're upset.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a Vita. In fact its one of the only commercial handhelds I don't have.

Kinda cute when you call me a fanboy and accuse me of an ad hominem in the same sentence. I'm guessing you learned that today are pretty excited to say it even if you don't know what it means.

[quote name='Nochance']I don't have a Vita. In fact its one of the only commercial handhelds I don't have.

Kinda cute when you call me a fanboy and accuse me of an ad hominem in the same sentence. I'm guessing you learned that today are pretty excited to say it even if you don't know what it means.[/QUOTE]

The term "Vita fanboy" isn't an insult; it's descriptive. And just because you don't have a Vita doesn't mean you aren't a Vita fanboy. You could simply be young or poor and therefore unable to afford one. Or your super ego could be preventing your id from buying a Vita because it thinks the Vita has a poor lineup. I can think of all kinds of plausible scenarios.

[quote name='Meno']I have no doubt in my mind that you think games like Project Diva are awesome.

As to your argument, GBA was the one who brought up the issue of how long the Vita's been on the market. My argument about the quality of the Vita's library has nothing to do with how long it's been on the market. Its lineup, current and future, is what it is regardless of how long the system's been on the market. I was simply correcting GBA.

Try again.[/QUOTE]

Uh oh, is that an ad hom attack because you're upset?

You were the one who suggested that the Vita lineup is not of good quality. You are the one who said the Vita has been out for 10 months. However, you have zero information on 14 games that have been out during those 10 months. How can you make a claim that the Vita lineup is not of good quality if you have zero information on 14 games? Should you not know how good every game is before you make a claim on the entire lineup?

Unless ignoring and deflecting is an acceptable argument technique now? In which case, you are the champion.

[quote name='Meno']The term "Vita fanboy" isn't an insult; it's descriptive. And just because you don't have a Vita doesn't mean you aren't a Vita fanboy. You could simply be young or poor and therefore unable to afford one. Or your super ego could be preventing your id from buying a Vita because it thinks the Vita has a poor lineup. I can think of all kinds of plausible scenarios.[/QUOTE]

Lol, wow. I'm not wasting my time on this fucking idiot.

[quote name='Nochance']Lol, wow. I'm not wasting my time on this fucking idiot.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, whoa, whoa, calm down, Vita fanboy. You are obviously a fanboy. It's not like you're someone who can just see how fuckin stupid he is, how terrible his arguments are, and comment on that. If you argue against him, you're a fanboy because that would be the only logical reason for arguing against him.

I bet it is your superego that is preventing your id from buying a Vita though. That sounds like a totally rational conclusion.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Uh oh, is that an ad hom attack because you're upset?

You were the one who suggested that the Vita lineup is not of good quality. You are the one who said the Vita has been out for 10 months. However, you have zero information on 14 games that have been out during those 10 months. How can you make a claim that the Vita lineup is not of good quality if you have zero information on 14 games? Should you not know how good every game is before you make a claim on the entire lineup?

Unless ignoring and deflecting is an acceptable argument technique now? In which case, you are the champion.[/QUOTE]

I'm a gentlemen. I assure you that's not an ad hom attack. It's rational speculation based on what I've observed of your personality and gaming tastes. I suspect you own lots of anime pillows too. Again, that's not an ad hom attack.

As to the Vita's lineup, it's not really me who's suggesting the Vita's line up is poor. It's MetaCritic along with the objective qualities of the games themselves. Please allow me to reiterate the argument:

[quote name='Meno']This is the general argument for why the Vita is poor system. Here are all the Vita games with an 80 or higher MetaCritic average:

88 Rayman Origins (Inferior console port.)

88 LittleBigPlanet (Milked. Forth LBP in four years with no significant changes to the franchise's formula.)

86 Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (Budget download game.)

85 Mortal Kombat (Inferior console port.)

84 Sound Shapes (Budget download game.)

84 Gravity Rush

83 Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Glorified iOS/Android game.)

83 BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (Inferior console port.)

82 Super Stardust Delta (Budget download game.)

81 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Inferior console port.)

80 Uncharted: Golden Abyss (B-team Uncharted.)

80 Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Inferior console port.)

It's arguably a very thin lineup filled with inferior console ports, budget download games, and little else.

Worse yet, it's 2013 lineup is extremely thin, and there are continuous reports (including from Sony themselves), that Sony is having a difficult time securing third party support for the Vita. The present is bleak and the future looks even bleaker.[/QUOTE]

And of course the Vita is also selling very poorly, Vita is facing strong competition from cell and tablet gaming, most Vita owners also own PS3 which gives publishers less incentive to fund Vita versions of their games, and last but not least, very few new Vita games have been announced since the Vita launched.

As to the 15 games currently marooned in Japan, it's very unlikely that most of them will be localized, and there's very little public interest in playing untranslated games.

If you'd like to cite their Japanese review scores for those hardcore otaku-types who like to torture themselves by playing untranslated games, please do. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

[quote name='Nochance']Lol, wow. I'm not wasting my time on this fucking idiot.[/QUOTE]

Or most likely, you're a Sony fanboy who doesn't currently think the Vita is worth buying but you reflexively defend it because it's a PlayStation system. By any chance did also defend the PSP Go?

Then again, you could simply be lying and you do own one. Vita fanboys aren't exactly known for their integrity.

[quote name='Meno']I'm a gentlemen. I assure you that's not an ad hom attack. It's rational speculation based on what I've observed of your personality and gaming tastes. I suspect you own lots of anime pillows too. Again, that's not an ad hom attack.[/QUOTE]

That's funny, because you have no idea what my gaming tastes are. I simply used the information you provided to assume that Hastune Miku is a good game. I don't even watch anime, let alone have an anime pillow. Therefore, this is not a rational speculation, it is an ad hom attack. Oops.

[quote name='Meno']As to the Vita's lineup, it's not really me who's suggesting the Vita's line up is poor. It's MetaCritic along with the objective qualities of the games themselves. Please allow me to reiterate the argument:[/QUOTE]

I already broke that down as to why it's beyond stupid. Maybe it's due to a bad memory, but I suggest you go back a couple of pages to read it.

[quote name='Meno']As to the 15 games currently marooned in Japan, it's very unlikely that most of them will be localized, and there's very little public interest in playing untranslated games.

If you'd like to cite their Japanese review scores for those hardcore otaku-types who like to torture themselves by playing untranslated games, please do. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

For I think the fifth time (a faulty memory seems to be the issue here), you said the Vita has been out for 10 months. It has only been out in Japan for 10 months. Therefore, you must use ratings on all games available in Japan before commenting on the Vita's lineup. What's funny is that if you would just admit that you were wrong and that the Vita has only been out for 7 months (because you are obviously only talking about the North American market, you just admitted that those games will be marooned in Japan and it is unlikely that many of them will be localized, therefore, they are irrelevant to the discussion), this part of the argument would have died long ago, yet you keep defending it. It's fascinating.

[quote name='Meno']Or most likely, you're a Sony fanboy who doesn't currently think the Vita is worth buying but you reflexively defend it because it's a PlayStation system. By any chance did also defend the PSP Go?

Then again, you could simply be lying and you do own one. Vita fanboys aren't exactly known for their integrity.[/QUOTE]

Ooo, Nochance, you are no longer a Vita fanboy but just a Sony fanboy. These logical conclusions are awesome. Oops, another ad hom attack in there as well.

lol surprised this thread aint modded or closed yet.......maybe people need to just take their console warrior elsewhere and let those who want a vita enjoy this CAG thread

[quote name='Meno']Or most likely, you're a Sony fanboy who doesn't currently think the Vita is worth buying but you reflexively defend it because it's a PlayStation system. By any chance did also defend the PSP Go?

Then again, you could simply be lying and you do own one. Vita fanboys aren't exactly known for their integrity.[/QUOTE]

You argue like a child. I haven't even defended the Vita in a single post.

Seriously, grow up. You would get destroyed in any debate focused class because you can't form a cohesive thought, much less an argument.

[quote name='cargo555']lol surprised this thread aint modded or closed yet.......maybe people need to just take their console warrior elsewhere and let those who want a vita enjoy this CAG thread[/QUOTE]

Okay I'll stop. I've had my fun. I'm right though. :cool:

The reason I sold my Vita is because everything on the system felt like a watered down version of its PS3 counterpart.

There is no denying that the Vita has games to play on the system.

But as someone who owns a PS3 and a nice HDTV, playing the Vita version of a console game is underwhelming. I'd much rather play with my Dualshock 3 on a plasma than hold on the Vita. Even while I was out and about, playing the Vita wasn't satisfying knowing that I could be having a much more enjoyable experience at home.

At this time, there are no Vita exclusives that make the console a must have for me.

I just started Gravity Rush, and it's amazing. Beautiful game.

Also beat Golden Abyss the other day, and thought it was really good. Much better than Uncharted 3 even.

That Walmart deal was awesome.

[quote name='Nochance']I don't have a Vita. In fact its one of the only commercial handhelds I don't have.

Kinda cute when you call me a fanboy and accuse me of an ad hominem in the same sentence. I'm guessing you learned that today are pretty excited to say it even if you don't know what it means.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Nochance']You argue like a child. I haven't even defended the Vita in a single post.

Seriously, grow up. You would get destroyed in any debate focused class because you can't form a cohesive thought, much less an argument.[/QUOTE]

I like this thread. IT'S EXCITING!

star-trek-simon-pegg-scotty.jpg

And on a related note, its been a while since we had a new CAG that could speak in coherent sentences. Nice to have you man! This summer was a nightmare!

[quote name='Meno']Okay I'll stop. I've had my fun. I'm right though. :cool:[/QUOTE]

You're not right. You're just another clown on a video game forum trying to type like an English professor thinking it will help validate his opinion while whaling his thoughts around as fact with the proof being whatever 'facts' you choose. Metacritic is a great idea and good tool to see if a game is broken (if it got like a 30 average) but much like the average voter in our great democracy, metacritic has highlighted the fact that most game reviewers are morons. Thats right, theres a bombshell for ya.

Modern Warfare 2 got 94. Battlefield Bad Company 2 only got 88. Battlefield 3 only got an 85.
Metal Gear Solid 2 got a 96. Metal Gear Solid 3 only got a 91.
Gran Turismo 5 only got an 84. Forza 3 got a 92. Forza 4 got a 91. Even GRID got an 87.
Uncharted 1 only got an 88. LA Noire only got an 89. Max Payne 3 only got an 87.

If that sort of stuff makes sense to you then okay, go with your logic. But I know that doesn't make sense to a lot of people. If you own all of the systems and the Wii is your favorite one then the Vita probably isn't the portable for you and even $200 aint that great of a deal for you. But if you like the PS3 or you like the 360 and travel a lot... then the vita is a great system and if you've got $200+ in spending money then I say this would be a good buy.

At 10pm at night while you're sitting in a hotel room, playing LBP vita is 1,000 times better than any phone game I've ever played. Playing MGS3 on Vita is 100 times better than playing it on the 3DS (I owned and played them both). But everyone is different and thats okay too. I bought my wife a PSP and a 3DS and she plays on her iPad instead. But, again, if you are like me and these mobile phone/tablet games just aren't cutting it for you then the Vita is a great alternative.

[quote name='chopper731']You're not right. You're just another clown on a video game forum trying to type like an English professor thinking it will help validate his opinion while whaling his thoughts around as fact with the proof being whatever 'facts' you choose. Metacritic is a great idea and good tool to see if a game is broken (if it got like a 30 average) but much like the average voter in our great democracy, metacritic has highlighted the fact that most game reviewers are morons. Thats right, theres a bombshell for ya.

Modern Warfare 2 got 94. Battlefield Bad Company 2 only got 88. Battlefield 3 only got an 85.
Gran Turismo 5 only got an 84. Forza 3 got a 92. Forza 4 got a 91. Even GRID got an 87.
Uncharted 1 only got an 88. LA Noire only got an 89. Max Payne 3 only got an 87.

If that sort of stuff makes sense to you then okay, go with your logic. But I know that doesn't make sense to a lot of people. If you own all of the systems and the Wii is your favorite one then the Vita probably isn't the portable for you and even $200 aint that great of a deal for you. But if you like the PS3 or you like the 360 and travel a lot... then the vita is a great system and if you've got $200+ in spending money then I say this would be a good buy.

At 10pm at night while you're sitting in a hotel room, playing LBP vita is 1,000 times better than any phone game I've ever played. Playing MGS3 on Vita is 100 times better than playing it on the 3DS (I owned and played them both). But everyone is different and thats okay too. I bought my wife a PSP and a 3DS and she plays on her iPad instead. But, again, if you are like me and these mobile phone/tablet games just aren't cutting it for you then the Vita is a great alternative.[/QUOTE]

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

I got the Madden bundle from BB with the $50 GC last month but honestly I think I should've just waited for the holiday sales. I don't use my Vita much. So I'm just killing a few months off the warranty, really. Probably gonna be the same bargain.. maybe $10-15 more on the GC.. :\ eh.. this upcoming 2013 Soul Sacrifice games looks awesome though. :D

[quote name='chopper731']You're not right. You're just another clown on a video game forum trying to type like an English professor thinking it will help validate his opinion while whaling his thoughts around as fact with the proof being whatever 'facts' you choose. Metacritic is a great idea and good tool to see if a game is broken (if it got like a 30 average) but much like the average voter in our great democracy, metacritic has highlighted the fact that most game reviewers are morons. Thats right, theres a bombshell for ya.

At 10pm at night while you're sitting in a hotel room, playing LBP vita is 1,000 times better than any phone game I've ever played. Playing MGS3 on Vita is 100 times better than playing it on the 3DS (I owned and played them both). But everyone is different and thats okay too. I bought my wife a PSP and a 3DS and she plays on her iPad instead. But, again, if you are like me and these mobile phone/tablet games just aren't cutting it for you then the Vita is a great alternative.[/QUOTE]

I think he got embarrassed into leaving for the second time. But who knows? Maybe he'll come back and start his argument over from the beginning again?

Vita 4 life.
You're making a mistake if you're passing on the GREAT game selection it currently has and LBP is especially impressive (the more hours I spend on it, the more I love it).

[quote name='ZincAlloy']Vita 4 life.
You're making a mistake if you're passing on the GREAT game selection it currently has and LBP is especially impressive (the more hours I spend on it, the more I love it).[/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping for a BF deal, but if there is nothing worth the carnage, i'll just bite the bullet and get one for MSRP. I'm sure there will be something though, even if its just an extra game or mem card, and based on the last few years in my area, I don't think i'll have trouble getting one. Last year there were piles of the PS3 and Wii BF bundles at Walmart while the 360's were gone before midnight even hit.

I have the Persona 4 Solid Gold edition preordered so I pretty much have no choice, hehe. If they announce that blue one for NA though, I might wait for that.

bread's done
Back