Frys.com: PS Vita $199.99

According to IGN there won't be a full on price cut this year.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/01/sony-on-vita-price-cut-not-so-much-if-but-when

“We always aim to establish price cuts,” he said. “So the question is not so much if, but when. We won’t have an across the board price down this Christmas. But what you will see us doing is work very hard with our retail partners to add value to the product to make it more compelling.”

Someone mentioned black Friday and I am sure there will be deals then too, who knows, but no lower MSRP this year it seems.

[quote name='Carbonite']According to IGN there won't be a full on price cut this year.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/01/sony-on-vita-price-cut-not-so-much-if-but-when

“We always aim to establish price cuts,” he said. “So the question is not so much if, but when. We won’t have an across the board price down this Christmas. But what you will see us doing is work very hard with our retail partners to add value to the product to make it more compelling.”

Someone mentioned black Friday and I am sure there will be deals then too, who knows, but no lower MSRP this year it seems.[/QUOTE]

SCEE says sometime in 2013. Is it early 2013 or later 2013? No one knows. Is it worth waiting a year to save $50? Depends on the person.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']SCEE says sometime in 2013. Is it early 2013 or later 2013? No one knows. Is it worth waiting a year to save $50? Depends on the person.[/QUOTE]

I got the launch bundle. :whistle2:\"

[quote name='leehom']Can't wait for Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

Roughly two more weeks. :)[/QUOTE]
Oh Snap I thought that didn't come out until the end of the year. My preorder will be here before I know it.

Fry's has the most ridiculous online to store policy of 3 days. I go there this morning to pick up my Vita that I ordered 4 days ago and it is gone. So fucking mad right now. Who else only gives 3 days to pick up your stuff?

[quote name='TheBomb69']Fry's has the most ridiculous online to store policy of 3 days. I go there this morning to pick up my Vita that I ordered 4 days ago and it is gone. So fucking mad right now. Who else only gives 3 days to pick up your stuff?[/QUOTE]

I think bby does the same it's just a few days.

[quote name='CaptainZombie']I think bby does the same it's just a few days.[/QUOTE]

I know Best Buy gives you at least a week (I think it is 8 days) and Walmart gives you a week too.

I own both a 3DS and a VITA and to be honest my 3DS would be collecting dust if it was for Resident Evil Revelations which is a great game. Super Mario 3D Land was brilliant but other than that I'm not really engaged in the ecosystem. The hardware feels dated and slow compared to the VITA. The marketplace has some decent games but the Store is a joke. With VITA I get a lot of games on both platforms for one price. Zen Pinball 2 (a recent example) is superb.

I'm still waiting for this amazing 3DS software lineup. Luigi's Mansion (Inferior console port) Paper Mario (Inferior Console Port) yada yada sis boom ba.

Someone called Mutant Blobs a "budget title" but does that make the game any less awesome? If anything it makes it better since it's cheap and it's awesome!

Uncharted - B rate title? This is really funny because it's so inferior to the PS3 yet when compared to any 3DS game it's leaps and bounds beyond anything on the 3DS. So why don't your eyes bleed when you play 3DS games? If you actually played through the game you would see that it's a great game. Sony Bend was responsible for some of the best PSP games Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Logan's Shadow, and Resistance Retribution. Uncharted follows in that greatness.

PS+ is coming. PS Mobile is now here, offering some cheaper tablet-ish games. What does the 3DS have that compares? Overpriced B&W Gameboy titles?

I just find it funny that Vita's biggest competition is the PS3 because to me it's pretty amazing a handheld is being talked about in the same breath. Maybe we should start comparing the 3DS to the PS3 and see how it fairs.

[quote name='jkam']I own both a 3DS and a VITA and to be honest my 3DS would be collecting dust if it was for Resident Evil Revelations which is a great game. Super Mario 3D Land was brilliant but other than that I'm not really engaged in the ecosystem. The hardware feels dated and slow compared to the VITA. The marketplace has some decent games but the Store is a joke. With VITA I get a lot of games on both platforms for one price. Zen Pinball 2 (a recent example) is superb.

I'm still waiting for this amazing 3DS software lineup. Luigi's Mansion (Inferior console port) Paper Mario (Inferior Console Port) yada yada sis boom ba.

Someone called Mutant Blobs a "budget title" but does that make the game any less awesome? If anything it makes it better since it's cheap and it's awesome!

Uncharted - B rate title? This is really funny because it's so inferior to the PS3 yet when compared to any 3DS game it's leaps and bounds beyond anything on the 3DS. So why don't your eyes bleed when you play 3DS games? If you actually played through the game you would see that it's a great game. Sony Bend was responsible for some of the best PSP games Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Logan's Shadow, and Resistance Retribution. Uncharted follows in that greatness.

PS+ is coming. PS Mobile is now here, offering some cheaper tablet-ish games. What does the 3DS have that compares? Overpriced B&W Gameboy titles?

I just find it funny that Vita's biggest competition is the PS3 because to me it's pretty amazing a handheld is being talked about in the same breath. Maybe we should start comparing the 3DS to the PS3 and see how it fairs.[/QUOTE]

This. 100X this.

[quote name='jkam']I own both a 3DS and a VITA and to be honest my 3DS would be collecting dust if it was for Resident Evil Revelations which is a great game. Super Mario 3D Land was brilliant but other than that I'm not really engaged in the ecosystem. The hardware feels dated and slow compared to the VITA. The marketplace has some decent games but the Store is a joke. With VITA I get a lot of games on both platforms for one price. Zen Pinball 2 (a recent example) is superb.

I just find it funny that Vita's biggest competition is the PS3 because to me it's pretty amazing a handheld is being talked about in the same breath. Maybe we should start comparing the 3DS to the PS3 and see how it fairs.[/QUOTE]

Lol, you are amazingly misinformed. Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion are sequels, not ports of any existing games.

[quote name='Capocci 007']150 or lol. I can't believe this still goes for 200 with the awful games out for it.[/QUOTE]

So you'd buy a system for $150 even though it only has awful games out? That totally makes sense.

The Vita hate running through this thread is bizarre. I thought you guys liked games. I've had Vita since launch and have been really pleased with its selection of titles, not to mention all the downloadable PSP/PS1 stuff. The $200 sale price is a nice price for this system.

I have both a Vita and a 3DS XL; I enjoy both. Apparently doing this is nearly impossible, judging by the replies in these threads.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I have both a Vita and a 3DS XL; I enjoy both. Apparently doing this is nearly impossible, judging by the replies in these threads.[/QUOTE]

For me, it's just that most of these Vita complaints (the games one being the biggest one) can be pointed at the 3DS but they never are. It's just the Vita that has "no games."

I had a 3DS but I sold it because I knew I wouldn't have enough time for that, my PS3, my Vita, my PC games, and my DS backlog (which I haven't completed a single game of). Shit, I really don't have time for those four systems, but ah well.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I have both a Vita and a 3DS XL; I enjoy both. Apparently doing this is nearly impossible, judging by the replies in these threads.[/QUOTE]

I have both as well, and enjoy both. You're not alone! :)

[quote name='Nochance']Lol, you are amazingly misinformed. Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion are sequels, not ports of any existing games.[/QUOTE]

No I'm using the logic that people in the thread were saying Uncharted VITA was an inferior console port or game.

[quote name='NedHead']The Vita hate running through this thread is bizarre. I thought you guys liked games. I've had Vita since launch and have been really pleased with its selection of titles, not to mention all the downloadable PSP/PS1 stuff. The $200 sale price is a nice price for this system.[/QUOTE]

People on CAG just buy the games and never play them. D:

Did anyone actually buy one? It seems like all the posts were Vita fans trying to reassure themselves and the public that the Vita's worth owning, but otherwise no one actually posted that the were buying one.

[quote name='meno']did anyone actually buy one? It seems like all the posts were vita fans and non-vita owners trying to reassure themselves and the public that the vita's worth or isn't worth owning, but otherwise no one actually posted that the were buying one.[/quote]

Just so your comment isn't so one-sided, FTFY

[quote name='Meno']Did anyone actually buy one? It seems like all the posts were Vita fans trying to let the public know that the Vita's worth owning, and it's the best handheld ever.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. If I didn't already have one I'd buy it at that price.

[quote name='Meno']Did anyone actually buy one? It seems like all the posts were Vita fans trying to reassure themselves and the public that the Vita's worth owning, but otherwise no one actually posted that the were buying one.[/QUOTE]

You've been embarrassed into leaving this thread twice. Let's not make it a third time.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You've been embarrassed into leaving this thread twice. Let's not make it a third time.[/QUOTE]

So all that bluster yet no Vita sales?

So far I'm just 2 weeks into owning it, but I REALLY like the device. I've played through MGS2 and half of MGS3, played Wipeout, MK, and Hot Shots and have yet to see the "inferior console port" argument - it's fucking Mortal Kombat when I leave the house!! Anyone who has been married for a while knows that there are more than a few times you find yourself in the car waiting for the wife to come out of a store ... this solves that boring waiting issue.

I also concur that this is the best handheld on the market. Both of my kids have a 3DS and I would rather pick up my Vita over those devices (though I do love me some old school 8 bit nintendo).

[quote name='Meno']So all that bluster yet no Vita sales?[/QUOTE]

Nope, because everyone who woukd have bought one obviously would have made a post announcing it. No one would have just bought it and left the thread. Your logic continues to amaze.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Nope, because everyone who woukd have bought one obviously would have made a post announcing it. No one would have just bought it and left the thread. Your logic continues to amaze.[/QUOTE]

But it seems no one did, dear boy. All that bluster and not a single "In for one!" post.

Isn't this the first time the Vita's been on sale for 20% off too? Yet not a single "In for one!" post? Has that ever happened before with a system? Did it happen with the N'Gage? I bet it did. At least Vita fans can take solace in that.

[quote name='Meno']But it seems no one did, dear boy. All that bluster and not a single "In for one!" post.

Isn't this the first time the Vita's been on sale for 20% off too? Yet not a single "In for one!" post? Has that ever happened before with a system? Did it happen with the N'Gage? I bet it did. At least Vita fans can take solace in that.[/QUOTE]

You must have a lot going on for you in your life, lol.

I don't want to play that card, but i'm honestly curious how old you are.

[quote name='Meno'] At least Vita fans can take solace in that.[/QUOTE]

Or, they could play some really good Vita games or hundreds of PS1 classics on the most beautiful handheld screen ever and leave worrying about 'winning' forum threads to little trolls.

[quote name='Nochance']You must have a lot going on for you in your life, lol.

I don't want to play that card, but i'm honestly curious how old you are.[/QUOTE]

It's curious that whenever I reply to this thread, you and gettinmoney literally respond within minutes, yet you're accusing me of having no life? Do you understand the irony in that?

[quote name='Meno']But it seems no one did, dear boy. All that bluster and not a single "In for one!" post.

Isn't this the first time the Vita's been on sale for 20% off too? Yet not a single "In for one!" post? Has that ever happened before with a system? Did it happen with the N'Gage? I bet it did. At least Vita fans can take solace in that.[/QUOTE]

You're right. Fry's didn't sell a single Vita. Oh well.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You're right. Fry's didn't sell a single Vita. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

At this rate, would it really surprise anyone if they didn't?

[quote name='seanmcc']Or, they could play some really good Vita games or hundreds of PS1 classics on the most beautiful handheld screen ever and leave worrying about 'winning' forum threads to little trolls.[/QUOTE]

I hope he's not worried about that. He's already ran away twice now. It seems that his M.O. is to get embarrassed, run away, then come back after a few days hoping that no one notices, then repeat.

[quote name='Meno']It's curious that whenever I reply to this thread, you and gettinmoney literally respond within minutes, yet you're accusing me of having no life? Do you understand the irony in that?[/QUOTE]

I have been checking this thread to look for more deals, as I didn't jump on this one. I think thats a bit different than coming here daily to troll a handheld i'm not even interested in. Really, you're beyond pathetic.

Kinda surprised you haven't been banned yet, but this place is pretty much a cesspool so I doubt anyone cares to clean it up much.

[quote name='Nochance']I have been checking this thread to look for more deals, as I didn't jump on this one. I think thats a bit different than coming here daily to troll a handheld i'm not even interested in. Really, you're beyond pathetic.

Kinda surprised you haven't been banned yet, but this place is pretty much a cesspool so I doubt anyone cares to clean it up much.[/QUOTE]

I don't come here daily. I've had this account for over 8 years and I have 64 total posts. This is the only Vita thread I've ever posted in, and there's been a 4 day gap since the last time I posted in it.

Meanwhile you're a defender of the Vita faith yet you yourself don't own one and passed on this deal. That pretty much says it all.

[quote name='Meno']I don't come here daily. I've had this account for over 8 years and I have 64 total posts. This is the only Vita thread I've ever posted in, and there's been a 4 day gap since the last time I posted in it.

Meanwhile you're a defender of the Vita faith yet you yourself don't own one and passed on this deal. That pretty much says it all.[/QUOTE]

I actually just, ya know, play video games. It has nothing to do with Vita or Sony, I simply buy consoles that interest me. My most played handheld for the last few months is the Swancrystal.

Again, come up with an argument of some substance, nobody wants to debate with a tryhard moron.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hmmm, I wonder why.[/QUOTE]

Because I don't live on this board like you do.

[quote name='Nochance']I actually just, ya know, play video games. It has nothing to do with Vita or Sony, I simply buy consoles that interest me. My most played handheld for the last few months is the Swancrystal.

Again, come up with an argument of some substance, nobody wants to debate with a tryhard moron.[/QUOTE]

If you don't want to debate with me, why are you? Are you mentally defective and unable to help yourself?

[quote name='Meno']Because I don't live on this board like you do.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's why you upped this dead thread, right?

[quote name='Meno']If you don't want to debate with me, why are you? Are you mentally defective and unable to help yourself?[/QUOTE]

There's no debate going on. Do you think you're in the middle of one right now?

[quote name='Meno']Because I don't live on this board like you do.[/QUOTE]

Actually, its because you've been thoroughly owned every time you've popped up to troll for a while. Its actually fairly obvious to anyone who isn't you.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Haha, that's why you upped this dead thread, right?[/quote]

I only have 68 posts in over 8 years, and this is the only Vita thread I've ever posted in. Meanwhile you 3503 posts in less than four years, and you literally respond to my posts within minutes no matter what time of the day I post at.

Are you really this dumb?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']There's no debate going on. Do you think you're in the middle of one right now?[/QUOTE]

Yes, whether the Vita is worth owning. And judging by the this thread, the public has once again said: "LOL"

[quote name='Nochance']Actually, its because you've been thoroughly owned every time you've popped up to troll for a while. Its actually fairly obvious to anyone who isn't you.[/QUOTE]

Not a single "I bought one" response despite all the bluster of Vita fanboys including yourself. My side's won the public opinion war in this thread in a rout. :D

[quote name='Meno']I only have 68 posts in over 8 years, and this is the only Vita thread I've ever posted in. Meanwhile you 3503 posts in less than four years, and you literally respond to my posts within minutes no matter what time of the day I post at.

Are you really this dumb?[/QUOTE]

Ummm, I'm confused here, what is your point? That I am more active on these forums than you? Because I will concede that. I do find it funny that after being embarrassed twice in this thread, you decided to bump it after it was pretty much dead. Are you a glutton for punishment?

[quote name='Meno']Not a single "I bought one" response despite all the bluster of Vita fanboys including yourself. My side's won the public opinion war in this thread in a rout. :D[/QUOTE]

Have you noticed that your "side" is just you?

This isn't Gamefaqs, its actually a site to post deals and find out the cheapest way to get the games you want.

There are some trolls occasionally, but they usually provide some insight thats at least worth reading while they rip a game apart. You literally have never played the console you're so upset about, and you're quite obviously getting emotional about it. Maybe time to go outside a while?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Ummm, I'm confused here, what is your point? That I am more active on these forums than you? Because I will concede that. I do find it funny that after being embarrassed twice in this thread, you decided to bump it after it was pretty much dead. Are you a glutton for punishment?[/QUOTE]

You're often confused. You implied that I posted to this thread today because I live on this board. The facts show that's yet another one of your dumb claims. Much like the post were you claimed it was irrational not to buy a Vita if you only wanted one game for it. You know, the one I forced you to edit because that claim was so stupid.

As to why I posted in this thread today, that's simple: To laugh at the Vita fanboys' inept attempt to shill for the Vita in this thread. Now that the deal is over, we can score how they did: Not a single "I bought one" post in this thread to anyone's knowledge. LOL

[quote name='Nochance']Have you noticed that your "side" is just you?

This isn't Gamefaqs, its actually a site to post deals and find out the cheapest way to get the games you want. [/quote]

But it's not just that and you yourself have said it's a cesspool of unruly opinions. So try again.

[quote name='Meno']You're often confused. You implied that I posted to this thread today because I live on this board. The facts show that's yet another one of your dumb claims. Much like the post were you claimed it was irrational not to buy a Vita if you only wanted one game for it. You know, the one I forced you to edit because that claim was so stupid.

As to why I posted in this thread today, that's simple: To laugh at the Vita fanboys' inept attempt to shill for the Vita in this thread. Now that the deal is over, we can score how they did: Not a single "I bought one" post in this thread to anyone's knowledge. LOL[/QUOTE]

Hahahah, lately you have been living on this board and in this thread. I want to know what it's like to have so much hate for an inanimate product.

bread's done
Back