GameStop: Preowned 2 for $10 Sale - Starts 9/30

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
List wont be available till Friday or Saturday. I'm guessing it might be a combination of the games from the 2 previous preowned sales (B1G1 & 50% off sale).

[attachment=339:001.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up:

LA Noire: 4.50 is a steal, was able to get 4 of the dlc case codes/chicago piano/badge challenge as part of it so it's a simple no brainer.

The Saboteur: one of my faves of this gen, had it before. never finished it. this time it stays. I am a sucker for open world games with 100% checklists.

tomorrow...

Wet

Dead rising 2

Any thoughts on those 2 before i go all in on them?

So anyone have thoughts on dead rising 2 vs dead rising 2: off the record, before I pull the trigger?

5 bucks is a steal but I wanna make sure I'm not getting a lesser experience. Help?

My local gamestop has dead rising 2 (with an actual box and manual, no less) but I'm wondering if I should skip it in favor of that "off the record" version? I've never played either so I'm not sure. Can anyone comment on whether off the record is worth it, or if I should plunk down the 5 bucks for the original?
Off The Record has you playing as Frank West from the original Dead Rising. As far as I know the plot is the exact same, just with some different, more Frank West-y dialogue. It also has a new amusement park area with several new missions and items. It also includes a sandbox mode that allows you to mess around without time limits.

If these extras and any affection for Frank West make paying more for the Off The Record version worth it to you, then wait for that version. Otherwise, 5 bucks is a steal for DR2. The original is still an awesome game and you get to play it as the actual main character.

I vote for MvC3 for no other reason than because of how much fan service it has. I mean, how many games let you pit Wolverine and Leon Kennedy against each other :twoguns: :bomb: :whee:

I can't say I know anything about fighting games though, so you probably will want someone else's opinion on this ^_~
No Leon, only Wesker and and boulder-punching-action Chris. Still, your point is pretty valid.

Just bought a PS3 recently, looking at these:

Dante's Inferno

Infamous

Uncharted 1 + 2

Killzone 2 + 3

Thoughts on DI? Also will I be missing out to get KZ 2 and 3 if I haven't played the first one?

Really wish Asura's Wrath was on this list, been wanting to get that cheap. Never seems to drop from when I've checked, though. :(

Dante's Inferno

Infamous

Uncharted 1 + 2

Killzone 2 + 3

Thoughts on DI? Also will I be missing out to get KZ 2 and 3 if I haven't played the first one?

Really wish Asura's Wrath was on this list, been wanting to get that cheap. Never seems to drop from when I've checked, though. :(
DI starts off great, but the second half is really bland. They had an opportunity to create interesting environments and boss fights for the various sins and levels of hell and the ones in the beginning are pretty neat but the second half seems like they ran out of ideas and went the usual hack and slash route of rehashing waves of enemies. Still definitely worth the $5 though imo.

Dante's Inferno

Infamous

Uncharted 1 + 2

Killzone 2 + 3

I'm pretty sure everyone would recommend skipping Killzone 1, it was received pretty poorly at launch so I can only imagine it holds up even worse today. The story wasn't particularly important in Killzone 3, so I don't think you'll be missing much having just played 2/3.

Also wish Asura's Wrath was on there, it's a game I keep forgetting I want but that I would pick up in a heartbeat for the right price :whistle2:(

I'm generally going to play SP-only, so yeah, I would be. From reviews the story campaign seems decent at least in 2. Is this not the case?
Well I wouldn't recommend 3 for the story that's for sure, but the campaign was sorta enjoyable in a "everything looks amazing and blows up real good" sort of way, but I had a lot more fun in the hour or so I spent with the multiplayer. I haven't played 2 so I can't comment on it, but in terms of campaign story you should expect something more akin to CoD than Bioshock (very broad references, but hopefully you catch my drift).

I'm generally going to play SP-only, so yeah, I would be. From reviews the story campaign seems decent at least in 2. Is this not the case?

Well I wouldn't recommend 3 for the story that's for sure, but the campaign was sorta enjoyable in a "everything looks amazing and blows up real good" sort of way, but I had a lot more fun in the hour or so I spent with the multiplayer. I haven't played 2 so I can't comment on it, but in terms of campaign story you should expect something more akin to CoD than Bioshock (very broad references, but hopefully you catch my drift).

All of that. Gameplay is fun but if you are looking for an Uncharted type of story I wouldn't recommend it. Killzone looks great and for $5 a pop you can do much much worse. I say pick it up and if you don't like it return it within 7 days.

Found a few games on that list, need to narrow it down to 2.

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger
Blazblue: Continuum Shift
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Dead Rising 2

Already beat DR2 but wouldn't mind owning it. Never played Blazblue games. What do you guys think I should get?
I have the Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 version, the Ultimate version is better as you get more characters to play. The plain version MvC3 isn't bad through if you want a solid fun fighting game.

Awesome, thank you.

I never played part 1 and therefore have no real affection for Frank West. As such I think I'm safe enough playing the original version. For 5 bucks it sounds like a real steal.

Off The Record has you playing as Frank West from the original Dead Rising. As far as I know the plot is the exact same, just with some different, more Frank West-y dialogue. It also has a new amusement park area with several new missions and items. It also includes a sandbox mode that allows you to mess around without time limits.

Is it just me or is that picture blurry?
A little bit. I ran into the store thinking Assassin's Creed III was on the list, I got the handout in the store and was dissapointed to see it was ACII not ACIII.

I got the following.

Singularity

Dead Rising 2

Killzone 3

God of War 3

I wanted to pick up Rage and Resident Evil V, but the copies were in really bad shape. For $5 seems pretty reasonable considering alot of these games I foresee being hard to get once the PS4 comes out and PS3 games start getting harder and harder to find. Just like how the good PS1 and PS2 games are tough to find in good shape.

This is BS, the list is still active.
The employee didn't let me buy it
I was trying to get 20 game that came with Manual and original case
So I pick up the 20 games that was listed in the poster
So I told the cashier that I'm going to buy all this game and he didn't let me buy it
And I ask him why he said I need you to leave the store immediately and so I left
I have several hundred dollars on my wallet that I need to spend
The employee was black
So I didn't get to buy any of these games
That we're listed

So I told the cashier that I'm going to buy all this game and he didn't let me buy it
And I ask him why he said I need you to leave the store immediately and so I left
The employee was black
That we're listed
This reminds me of poetry some of my students have submitted.

So he left

a heavy heart

and a heavier wallet

ethnicity was not the reason

games were stopped.

I just picked up a Crysis 2 Limited Edition and Dante's Inferno. Both are complete and in Like New condition.Was hoping to grab a few more, but they weren't complete so I ended up passing on them for now. Will be going back on Friday so hopefully will be able to look a bit longer and pick up a few more.

The employee was black
That we're listed

Wet X360 seems to be a pretty popular choice from this sale. I had to call 5 of my closest stores before finding one that had a complete copy w/ case and manual. Even then, I still got a scratched up disc. Hope it installs fine.

SoCal Gamestop on Sunset And Andrews is stacked with copies.

Anyone near the area and looking for games should check that spot out before they run out.

Left with, 

GOW Collection

GOW 3

LA Noire

Singularity

Thanks OP!

This reminds me of poetry some of my students have submitted.

So he left

a heavy heart

and a heavier wallet

ethnicity was not the reason

games were stopped.
lmao

The employee was black
That we're listed
WTF?

Picked up Bioshock 2 for 360 and the 2 Professor Layton games plus the Golden Sun game for DS. I wish Dante's Inferno was the 360 version. Oh well.

well, that's why he asked you to leave, since Asian's yellow people hate black people. He was continuing the racist cycle.
I love black people.

On topic though, I picked up Wet for 360 and Uncharted 1 to complete the collection. Also 2x Dynasty Warriors 6 to cover the costs so pretty much getting them for free. Plan on picking up Bioshock 2 but not sure what else to pair it with. Thinking about LA Noire, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Killzone 2, or Infamous. Can anyone suggest which one of the 4 will hold the most value? I only ask because I probably won't get around to these games until winter break.

I love black people.

On topic though, I picked up Wet for 360 and Uncharted 1 to complete the collection. Also 2x Dynasty Warriors 6 to cover the costs so pretty much getting them for free. Plan on picking up Bioshock 2 but not sure what else to pair it with. Thinking about LA Noire, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Killzone 2, or Infamous. Can anyone suggest which one of the 4 will hold the most value? I only ask because I probably won't get around to these games until winter break.

They're all pretty cheap now so I don't see them getting much lower, but out of the bunch I'd strongly recommend infamous ^_^

You should delete the first line of that quote, thought that's what you were referencing at first.

:rofl:

That's terrible, but I'm on mobile so I can't edit anything...

bread's done
Back