GFW Daily Deals 12/2 -12/7 (FINAL DEAL: Max Payne 2 $1)

CrossFireXT17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
cboxmaxpayne2.jpg

DAY 6 DEAL (Final Day): Max Payne 2

"Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne is a violent, film-noir love story. Dark, tragic and intense, the in-depth story is a thrill-ride of shocking twists and revelations. Love hurts. Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne delivers the most intense gameplay experience imaginable. The fierce, yet stylish action sequences and slow-motion gunplay that has become synonymous with Max Payne is back and better than ever. New and enhanced moves and options provide breathtaking cinematic game play"

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/Max-Payne-2/
:bouncy:

No Achievements for this one! :cry:

Note: Max Payne 2 is THE FINAL deal in this series of Daily Deals. There will be no "Daily Deal" on December 8th!

Previous Deals:
Day 1: Deus Ex for $0.99 (discussed until post #53)
Day 2: Shadowrun for $0.99 (discussed until post #97)
Day 3: Viva Pinata for $0.99
Day 4: Blacklight Tango Down for $0.99
Day 5: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone having problems logging onto VP? The game plays fine for me but in the menus when it tells me to hit the Home key to sign into a active profile it will not work for some reason. Has anyone else had that same problem?

[quote name='richyanks']Is anyone having problems logging onto VP? The game plays fine for me but in the menus when it tells me to hit the Home key to sign into a active profile it will not work for some reason. Has anyone else had that same problem?[/QUOTE]

Assuming you're on Win7 64? Yep, happened to me, this little patch fixed it:

http://www.monstrmoose.com/download.php?f=H2VWin7Fix.exe

Run as administrator.

[quote name='richyanks']It tells me there was a error somewhere it was likely not run by the admin. But im the admin on the pc and yes im on Win 7 64bit[/QUOTE]

Right-click on the file and select "run as administrator"...

[quote name='dark-star']Right-click on the file and select "run as administrator"...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that helped and now i'm able to sign in and play the game.

The reviews make this game so much better on the 360... So is it like a coop shooter where you earn shared exp with online? I'm worried about the online community honestly.

[quote name='abhinav']The reviews make this game so much better on the 360... So is it like a coop shooter where you earn shared exp with online? I'm worried about the online community honestly.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt be too worried about the online community when you have 1,000+ people buying it for a $1. Fair estimate, Probably much higher :)

[quote name='hustletron']So tempted but I can't bring myself to buy anything for G4WL. Wish steam still had this price.[/QUOTE]

Its just a $1. Service isnt that bad.

[quote name='hustletron']So tempted but I can't bring myself to buy anything for G4WL. Wish steam still had this price.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand people like this. A game is a game no matter what client you have to play it from.

I Agree. While gfwl is not as streamlined as steam it still works well. Everyone always downs gfwl. I don't have problems with it. May seem clunky as far as interface goes but it's still effective

If you aren't connected to the Internet, you automatically get booted from the game because of DRM, even if you're doing the co-op mode by yourself. Guess that's worth noting.

For those who care the leaderboards on blacklight are at 18,000 so the community should be alive and kicking.

I havent searched for a game myself, Just did a fight bots thing to check the controls. Controls like any other PC FPS.

Not much PC options. Change Resolution / Shader Detail.

If you're worried about spending a dollar, then as a general rule you probably shouldn't do it.

I on the other hand will buy just about anything from Steam or GFW for a dollar.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']If you're worried about spending a dollar, then as a general rule you probably shouldn't do it.

I on the other hand will buy just about anything from Steam or GFW for a dollar.[/QUOTE]

Well, the reason I ask is because I would be buying it with my MS Points and that would leave me with 350 points. If I don't buy it, then I'll have 430 which I could use to buy any 400 point game.

[quote name='Tsel']Well, the reason I ask is because I would be buying it with my MS Points and that would leave me with 350 points. If I don't buy it, then I'll have 430 which I could use to buy any 400 point game.[/QUOTE]

Don't waste your points on Blacklight. You're better off spending those points on DLC or other games.

The only populated game mode is team death match. Most maps are very small and you spawn in a fixed spawning area (team base). Matches essentially turn into players just spawn camping the other team's base.

The weapon customization is interesting but doesn't alleviate the flaws in the mediocre gameplay.

Co-op is actually pretty enjoyable though so if you have 1-3 other friends whom are willing to spend a $1 then you can definitely have some fun.

I can't recommend Blacklight if you're thinking of playing the game in it's main competitive MP mode (team deathmatch, etc). There are much, much better games out there in that arena (even free ones like Quake Live, Battlefield Heroes etc). For co-op, it's worth a shot.

NOTE: Co-op is invite only. No match making.

GFWL is not as some people make it to be, but it defiantly shouldn't boot you from a game if you get kicked offline. Still, I'm not complaining when I am paying only a $1 for these games and 10 cents for Age of Empires III that I bought before. If MS wants to rally Steam though, they need to fix these problems.

Awesome! I wanted to give this game a shot, and it makes it even sweeter than I can burn some of the MS points that I have just chillin'.

I'm hoping there are 3 more games on deals this week... it still says, "Come back tomorrow for another great deal!" so I'm guessing they will do one Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (since the deals started on Thursday). And like last time around, the deals can only get better!

Least that's what I hope! I don't have many PC games (except for Valve games and Civilization) so any more $1 or less games are good for me! I hope they do another $0.10 game , because the crazyness was awesome haha

I couldn't log into my account yesterday, I was having internet problems it sucked so I wasn't able to get the Deux Ex deal, at least I got Viva Pinata today, hopefully they'll have another .99c game on tuesday.

Loving all these dollar menu game sales @ GFW. Been waiting on a BL:TD sale, so I'm all down with picking this up for a buck. Picked up VP as well. Missed Deus Ex or I would have been all over it.

[quote name='moojuice']o_O
You can buy games with MS Points, sweet.[/QUOTE]

yea, almost passed up BLTD until i realized this. its a good day. thanks op.

2 and a half hours left of the current deal, and 3 until the new deal starts.

Hoping for Gears of War, Fable, Resident Evil 5 or GTA IV.

[quote name='DarkPGR']2 and a half hours left of the current deal, and 3 until the new deal starts.

Hoping for Gears of War, Fable, Resident Evil 5 or GTA IV.[/QUOTE]

Gears of War would be great but I bet they want to keep any PC excitement for GOW down, due to the nature of GOW 2 nor 3 coming to PC. At this point I wonder if Microsoft wishes they could forget GOW on PC even exists LOL

[quote name='mercilessming']Gears of War would be great but I bet they want to keep any PC excitement for GOW down, due to the nature of GOW 2 nor 3 coming to PC. At this point I wonder if Microsoft wishes they could forget GOW on PC even exists LOL[/QUOTE]

well it was only just recently released on the Games for Windows Marketplace, so it isn't like they act like it doesn't exists. Plus I bet both Microsoft and EPIC would love to get some more sales.

I already have both GOW and GOW2 on Xbox, but wouldn't mind getting GOW on PC as well.

I just tried to search for a team deathmatch game on BLTD and there weren't any available. I did run the patch after installing, are there anymore? Is there anyone whose playing online?

[quote name='SadExchange82']I just tried to search for a team deathmatch game on BLTD and there weren't any available. I did run the patch after installing, are there anymore? Is there anyone whose playing online?[/QUOTE]

I played for about 3-4 hours yesterday. About 2 of those hours were spent in small 3v3/4v4 games, but after that I found a big group of 5v5 or 6v6 or whatever the max is and we all played games for about two hours.

I don't know if this is just the influx from $1 buyers (which means they'll probably trickle down over the week), but my experience with it was good.

Maybe patching will find more games.

Thought about getting this multiple times, but still can't justify the purchase. Sure, its one dollar, but I just don't see myself playing it much. Here's to hoping the next game is great. (Crossing fingers for FM or anything else worthwhile)

[quote name='horns456']So noon EST/9am PST time is when the next deal is posted?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Usually someone finds it before then though.

Correct! -- I'll hopefully be able to update the post if I hear anything before then (but with 15 minutes to go... don't think anything will get leaked early haha)

[quote name='Kurina']The deal appears to be S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl. It is showing up as $.99 for me, and has been confirmed by a few people on other forums.

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/S-T-A-L-K-E-R-/

In case it is not showing up for anyone else yet (it seems to vary):
http://imgur.com/83c3Z.jpg[/QUOTE]

Man, they finally put a good game up for sale (or one I'd want, anyway, as I know the sale isn't "just for me") and it's one I've owned for over a year. I bought it when it was $1.99 on Steam. Too bad it's not one of the expansions as I don't own any of those. :(

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it is! Thanks for the tip!

I believe that we will have 2 more deals then (one Tuesday and one Wednesday) to finish out the "week"... and as last time, I think these 2 will be pretty big (at least one of them probably will) as last time around they had bioshock for $1 and AOE:III Complete for $0.10 ... so I imagine they will do something! In for $1 on S.T.A.L.K.E.R !

Here is to hoping something crazy tomorrow! ha

These prices are just awesome, I own the game on cd, but for 1$ it's a rebuy just for the electronic distribution factor. (And once again can't buy this game on my kids accounts due to age limitations). MS explain to me why this is a problem !!! I'm already assigned as the parent, so why can't I do this ?

can this version have mods added to it or no since its GFWL? i cant play these at home but this should work with parallels on my work mac.

Already have the CD version of this one. Add the fact that I had the 360 versions of Viva Pinata and Shadowrun as well as a physical version of Deus Ex and I've struck out on these deals thus far. Hopefully we'll hit a few other titles that I don't have soon enough.

Has anyone purchased this and know whether it contains any DLC etc...?

Reason I ask is that Fear 2 included Reborn despite it not saying that anywhere and that forced me to buy Fear 2 on the GFWL deal. If this somehow (crosses fingers) includes any extra content that my steam version does not, I'll buy it.

[quote name='avwjase']Has anyone purchased this and know whether it contains any DLC etc...?

Reason I ask is that Fear 2 included Reborn despite it not saying that anywhere and that forced me to buy Fear 2 on the GFWL deal. If this somehow (crosses fingers) includes any extra content that my steam version does not, I'll buy it.[/QUOTE]

There has not been any official DLC for the Stalker games afaik. The most they have received is patches to iron out the bugs, but that is about it. No idea if the GFWL copies come pre-patched or not though.

All bonus content comes mostly from mods, which there are some excellent ones out there.

Am I the only person who could not get into S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ?

I even downloaded the super mod pack thingy that gave it better graphics and fixed some bugs and yet I still can't get into the game (I think it was the map or something killed it for me)

Anyone?

bread's done
Back