GFW Daily Deals 12/2 -12/7 (FINAL DEAL: Max Payne 2 $1)

CrossFireXT17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
cboxmaxpayne2.jpg

DAY 6 DEAL (Final Day): Max Payne 2

"Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne is a violent, film-noir love story. Dark, tragic and intense, the in-depth story is a thrill-ride of shocking twists and revelations. Love hurts. Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne delivers the most intense gameplay experience imaginable. The fierce, yet stylish action sequences and slow-motion gunplay that has become synonymous with Max Payne is back and better than ever. New and enhanced moves and options provide breathtaking cinematic game play"

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/Max-Payne-2/
:bouncy:

No Achievements for this one! :cry:

Note: Max Payne 2 is THE FINAL deal in this series of Daily Deals. There will be no "Daily Deal" on December 8th!

Previous Deals:
Day 1: Deus Ex for $0.99 (discussed until post #53)
Day 2: Shadowrun for $0.99 (discussed until post #97)
Day 3: Viva Pinata for $0.99
Day 4: Blacklight Tango Down for $0.99
Day 5: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know when they plan on fixing mic issues to 360 users? It would be really nice to be able to join parties as well

I missed the Shadow Run deal which would have been interesting but oh well. I enjoyed VP on the 360, any reason to buy it again for the PC?

[quote name='abhinav']I missed the Shadow Run deal which would have been interesting but oh well. I enjoyed VP on the 360, any reason to buy it again for the PC?[/QUOTE]
a extra 1000 achievement points?

wow blacklight tango for $1 pretty cheap for a more recent game. Viva looks interesting for $1.. achievements..

got Viva for 80points lawl, and it's a full game 50 achievements for 1000 points, that'll give me something to do with that game I otherwise probably would've passed on. Thanks

[quote name='Brother Daz']a extra 1000 achievement points?[/QUOTE]

does it really have achievements (too lazy to check myself ;) ) but I have this page bookmarked and its not on there..

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/games/pc/

anyways, definitely getting Viva and Blacklight, really hard to pass up these $1 deals, but I've been using my card, maybe I need to get an XBL points card in true CAG fashion..

Just a side note, more appropriate to Shadowrun than today or tomorrows deals. Games that are Cross-Platform capable (PC playing Xbox 360 users) share the same achievement list. This would include Shadowrun, Universe at War, Lost Planet Colonies, and BlazBlu Calamity Trigger. Just a note for achievement hunters.

viva pinata is a 7.57 GB download size by the way. I hope they put up gears of war or fable for 99 cents soon...

[quote name='shrike4242']Just picked up Shadowrun, as it's still showing $0.99 / 80 points.[/QUOTE]

Just checked it on the website and Shadowrun is still listed at $1. Picked it up for 80 spacebucks as well as Viva Pinata. Thanks Shrike!

[quote name='loomis1975']Just a side note, more appropriate to Shadowrun than today or tomorrows deals. Games that are Cross-Platform capable (PC playing Xbox 360 users) share the same achievement list. This would include Shadowrun, Universe at War, Lost Planet Colonies, and BlazBlu Calamity Trigger. Just a note for achievement hunters.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir for the tip! I was wondering how that worked... so Viva Pinata and Blacklight will be an additional 1000 points each! w00t!

[quote name='mentos888']viva pinata is a 7.57 GB download size by the way.[/QUOTE]
I just saw that, wonder how big the actual install will be! Sheesh!

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Thank you sir for the tip! I was wondering how that worked... so Viva Pinata and Blacklight will be an additional 1000 points each! w00t!

I just saw that, wonder how big the actual install will be! Sheesh![/QUOTE]
Blacklight only has 200 GS

Worth noting:

If you're low on Microsoft Points and/or plan to buy all the $0.99 deals they throw at us, Amazon has the 1600 Microsoft Points Online Code for $17.99, $2 less than the usual price, that's an extra 10% off.

Is blacklight separate from Xbox 360 live users?

I think Steam has its own blacklight stuff as well. Wonder if Steam/GFWL blacklight are separate also which would make the community on the GFWL side pretty small and not worth buying.

The Steam Blacklight: Tango Down is pretty much the same game, it also uses LIVE and have LIVE Achievements and all. THe only difference is it comes infested with steamworks drm, and has been consistently more expensive than on the Games for Windows Marketplace.

I already have it, got it off the GFWMarketplace the last time it was on sale (for like $7), good game.

As far as I know, it doesn't have crossplatform play.

[quote name='Armads']Keep trying for Viva Pinata, but it keeps ringing up $19.99...[/QUOTE]

Try the client, it seems to update before the website.

Got Shadowrun, AOE3 (back when it was 10 cents), Viva Pinata (Even though my wife already 1000/1000'd the Xbox version), and will probably get Blacklight.
This is a pretty good way to sell me on their thing. Especially since I have a mac and have to switch to windows to duel boot. You are doing a good job convincing me, Microsoft! :p

[quote name='Brother Daz']Blacklight only has 200 GS[/QUOTE]

You are right again! haha Thanks for correcting me haha... I fell into the assumption it was just 1000 points O:) meh still 200 is better than nothing! And looks like a sweet game, although reviews weren't the greatest...

Nice! I loved Viva Pinata on 360. I was actually about 79% of the way finished with downloading the demo from GFW. haha. Now I get the whole thing for a buck!

Also checked Shadowrun and its still priced at a buck too so I got that as well!

I didnt really care for Blacklight when I played the demo on 360, but for a buck how can I say no?

This is awesome. Microsoft should do this more often! lol

will be getting Viva Pinata if someone is kind enough to give me a 100 microsoft points card lol

Picked up AOE III when it was .10 and picked up Viva Pinata. I'm building a new gaming PC over the holidays, so between the Steam sales and these GFWL sales, I should have a ton of material to test out.

Well, looks like I'll be picking up Viva Pinata so I don't have to keep installing from the disc.

Finally time to pick up Blacklight tomorrow.

Does anyone know how to back up games using this service? GOG and D2D let you download the installers directly, but the GFW client downloads .cab files I think. Do I just back up the downloaded .cab files and place them back in the download folder when I want to run the client installer?

[quote name='mentos888']viva pinata is a 7.57 GB download size by the way. I hope they put up gears of war or fable for 99 cents soon...[/QUOTE]

fuck no. I paid $20 the day it was released on marketplace.

Is there any way to buy from GFWL using paypal? (Or someone gifting me the game, and I pay back using paypal?)

[quote name='MPQC']Is there any way to buy from GFWL using paypal? (Or someone gifting me the game, and I pay back using paypal?)[/QUOTE]

Not from the launcher yet. You can however, get the points from paypal through the xbox website.

[quote name='dabamus']Well, looks like I'll be picking up Viva Pinata so I don't have to keep installing from the disc.

Finally time to pick up Blacklight tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Good point. The only games that don't require discs each time that I have are halo2 and shadowrun. If fallout goes on sale. It will be the easiest 1550 points (even without the dlc) on the pc.

Question: I have over 2000 point including the 800 from the promo. I read that you have to use those 800 by a certain date. Which points get used first when making a purchase?

[quote name='YEAHBUDDY']Not from the launcher yet. You can however, get the points from paypal through the xbox website.[/QUOTE]

I went to the xbox website, and it still asks for credit card only, no paypal. :cry:

So far, I've gotten AoE III for 10 pts and Deus Ex. Also, I'm downloading Viva Pinata. Is Blacklight going to be the last game of the daily deals? I only have 140 pts left so I might have to wait and get a better game if it's not the last one.

VP is easily worth it...even for $1. It may seem goofy and kiddish but when it was released for the 360, people went nuts over it.

I hope these sales are an indication that Microsoft is trying to make their Games for Windows store competitive with online stores like Steam. I don't have a lot of PC Games, but it's hard to turn down good games for a buck.

So far I picked up Age of Empires III: Complete for 10 cents, Deus Ex: GOTY for 99 cents and Viva Pinata for 99 cents.

[quote name='YEAHBUDDY']Not from the launcher yet. You can however, get the points from paypal through the xbox website.[/QUOTE]

Can't you get a "temp" Credit card # with your paypal account to use for transactions? Also you can get a paypal debit card which is what i have that takes right out of your paypal account. Works just like a mastercard...

bread's done
Back