GFW Daily Deals 12/2 -12/7 (FINAL DEAL: Max Payne 2 $1)

CrossFireXT17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
cboxmaxpayne2.jpg

DAY 6 DEAL (Final Day): Max Payne 2

"Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne is a violent, film-noir love story. Dark, tragic and intense, the in-depth story is a thrill-ride of shocking twists and revelations. Love hurts. Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne delivers the most intense gameplay experience imaginable. The fierce, yet stylish action sequences and slow-motion gunplay that has become synonymous with Max Payne is back and better than ever. New and enhanced moves and options provide breathtaking cinematic game play"

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/Max-Payne-2/
:bouncy:

No Achievements for this one! :cry:

Note: Max Payne 2 is THE FINAL deal in this series of Daily Deals. There will be no "Daily Deal" on December 8th!

Previous Deals:
Day 1: Deus Ex for $0.99 (discussed until post #53)
Day 2: Shadowrun for $0.99 (discussed until post #97)
Day 3: Viva Pinata for $0.99
Day 4: Blacklight Tango Down for $0.99
Day 5: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yruluis']Good point. The only games that don't require discs each time that I have are halo2 and shadowrun. If fallout goes on sale. It will be the easiest 1550 points (even without the dlc) on the pc.

Question: I have over 2000 point including the 800 from the promo. I read that you have to use those 800 by a certain date. Which points get used first when making a purchase?[/QUOTE]

The ones that are the closest to expire.

WTH? As soon as I log into my Live account on the page the price goes back up to $19.99 instead of $0.99.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. As soon as I added it to my cart to check-out it went back down to the correct price.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Went ahead and bought VP. I'm not the kind of person to play a casual game, but $1 for a game with a fresh batch of achievements? I can't say no to that.[/QUOTE]

Viva Pinata is as hardcore as you want it to be, like Pokemon. There are spreadsheets and build orders out there.

Yeeeaah so, VP is my first GFW purchase and this software is crap. The marketplace client has crashed twice and the install is stuck at %5.

[quote name='yukonrye']Yeeeaah so, VP is my first GFW purchase and this software is crap. The marketplace client has crashed twice and the install is stuck at %5.[/QUOTE]

my favorite is having to browse through pages of games to find what I want.

[quote name='yukonrye']Yeeeaah so, VP is my first GFW purchase and this software is crap. The marketplace client has crashed twice and the install is stuck at %5.[/QUOTE]
It isn't stuck at 5%. It just stalls there and doesn't update for a while but it is still installing.

if all these deals are .99 a piece i will shit.

I just got a alienware and am loving the pc games, and this helps me boost my gamerscore.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']if all these deals are .99 a piece i will shit.

I just got a alienware and am loving the pc games, and this helps me boost my gamerscore.[/QUOTE]

They are! They had a "daily deals" 2 weeks ago and are in the middle of one right now... you can get Viva Pinata (1000 gamerscore) for $1 right now... at 12PM EST on Sunday you can get Blacklight for $1 as well (200 gamer score) ... some people reported before that they could still get Shadowrun for $ (which was Fridays deal) so you might want to check that out.

[quote name='jaredhenry13']It isn't stuck at 5%. It just stalls there and doesn't update for a while but it is still installing.[/QUOTE]

You're correct. About 30 minutes later I checked on it and it was at 40%, a few seconds after that it was done. The GFW software still sucks though.

[quote name='yukonrye']You're correct. About 30 minutes later I checked on it and it was at 40%, a few seconds after that it was done. The GFW software still sucks though.[/QUOTE]

sure it's not your connection.

well crap i just bought it and i says i need service pack 3 for it.... and supposedly service pack 3 has problems with bootcamp... dangit.... waste of 80 points

wow, a buck for Viva Pinata is not bad. AT ALL.

tomorrow's game doesn't sound that interesting to me though, even if it is a dollar. I'll keep my eye on these sales though.

Did Blacklight ever receive the patches and updates that they did on the consoles? Kinda want it, but I don't see the point in spend even the dollar if its as broken as people say it is and has a ghosttown for a community.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']They are! They had a "daily deals" 2 weeks ago and are in the middle of one right now... you can get Viva Pinata (1000 gamerscore) for $1 right now... at 12PM EST on Sunday you can get Blacklight for $1 as well (200 gamer score) ... some people reported before that they could still get Shadowrun for $ (which was Fridays deal) so you might want to check that out.[/QUOTE]

Shadowrun is showing up as $19.99 for me. :( I forgot about it.
Already have VP on disc. (Got it for a dollar off ebay and came with a month of live lol.)

Getting Blacklight 100% because it stack with the Xbox version. (Can get 200 GS in both games.)

Yes, I'm a gamerscore junkie and proud.

[quote name='yruluis']sure it's not your connection.[/QUOTE]

My connection shouldn't be the issue. The game had already downloaded. The stalling was during the install process.

The Blacklight Deal is live. I just bought it for 99 cents. I went ahead and snagged VP as well. I will probably never play it but my son or wife probably will.

looks like I'll have to skip the Viva Piñata deal courtesy of a slow as hell seller on eBay and my bank...

If anyone has a 100 Microsoft Points card at hand, would gladly trade it for a 48 hour Gold code or could pay through PayPal...

Too slick! I didn't want Viva Pinata at first, but I'm finding it very hard to resist for just a buck. I'd love to see more games that aren't available on Steam go on sale. Gears of War and BlazBlue would be awesome.

[quote name='jaredhenry13']In case any of you are wondering, Blacklight is already showing as $.99 on the GFW software.[/QUOTE]

In the client? It's not on the site if it is live

Click to download VP: "You need a gfwl update". ok. now it says "you need service pack 3". ok. go to update on the site "you can't get service pack 3 until you're using the latest version of internet explorer. u mad?"

umad.jpg

Well, I had 80 spare points just sitting in my account, so this was perfect. I'll give it a shot; I'm sure it'll control much better than the console version as well, which was my main complaint about it to begin with.

[quote name='mercilessming']Bought it and so far there isn't a single person online playing...no matter the game type I pick?[/QUOTE]

Eesh, that's what I was afraid of. I'm gonna wait a bit to see if other people have issues similar to yours.

So how is Blacklight? I was thinking about getting it for the 360 when it first came out but never did, and now that its a dollar for Windows, thinking of getting it.

so funny, they must be propagating the price to various servers as sometimes it comes up as .99 and sometimes 14.99. Just keep hitting refresh until you get the lower price.

bread's done
Back