GGT 219 only listens to dubstep if Bane is in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you have to drive to another city for a chick fil a I don't even wanna drive to the other side of town.
Their honey mustard is the best

[quote name='GUNNM']Damn you have to drive to another city for a chick fil a I don't even wanna drive to the other side of town.
Their honey mustard is the best[/QUOTE]
I'd have to drive balls deep into Chicago. Not worth it in the slightest.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Happy birthday, dude.

GIFfest is the best way to start a workday.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! :) Love GIFs, we need more that don't involve Leda. Or we need ones of Leda faceplanting and getting clamshots.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Happy birfday, Spanky![/QUOTE]
THanks, Frostylicious! :)

Happy Birthday, Broseph!

SkFpRON.gif

[quote name='Indignate']Speaking of, do you have the expansion?

Is it worth it? Religion wasn't my favorite thing in Civ IV.[/QUOTE]
I answered this on Steam the other night, but I would just like to reiterate that the expansion is baller as fuck and religion is way better than in Civ IV. Espionage is kinda lame, though.

[quote name='The Crotch']I answered this on Steam the other night, but I would just like to reiterate that the expansion is baller as fuck and religion is way better than in Civ IV. Espionage is kinda lame, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they still didn't bring back the throne room so fuck'em.

Theres a chikfila in oak brook outside embasy sweets,
and theres definitely more around.

you dont have to go to downtown chicago
maybe you should explore more outside of cornville dude

hapy birthday

General Gaming Thread. It's something of a deceptive title at times.[quote name='dohdough']Yeah, but they still didn't bring back the throne room so fuck'em.[/QUOTE]
That's what I was saying! Civ III had its lame palace thing, but I accept no substitutes, god dammit.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Furmark that shit.[/QUOTE]

Plan to Bday boy! Thought I need get my 975 BE to a stable 4.0ghz first. Shit is my bottleneck.

[quote name='Rosterking']What does GGT stand for?[/QUOTE]

Good Games Talk, where we talk about anything but games. Unless it is me, I try to get everyone to talk about SWTOR.

Anyone who thinks religion is better in 4 than 5 hasn't played enough of either. G&K (and the fall patch) was very impressive, I didn't think they had it in them. I've played a shitton of 5 in the past 6 months, it's been a huge gaming sink for me. I've pretty much abandoned ME2's hand-holding, half-assed "scifi" to return to 5's ICS-loving arms.

I'm hoping the next expansion is worthwhile, there's still a lot that can be done to make the game even better. Diplomacy is nuts, the AI is too given to tagging others as warmongerers. In experimenting with ICS, I get treated like I'm a warmonger even though I'm just expansionist. The AI should be able to tell the difference and react differently because of it. My ICS tactics have to involve warmongering just because my neighbors want it that way, after a while they won't trade, they denounce, what the hell am I supposed to do? I can wait for them to DOW me, which they'll do early on, but later in the game it's this retarded standoff where they denounce and renew their denouncments. Just because my cities are everywhere! It's bullshit.

[quote name='dothog']Anyone who thinks religion is better in 4 than 5 hasn't played enough of either. G&K (and the fall patch) was very impressive, I didn't think they had it in them. I've played a shitton of 5 in the past 6 months, it's been a huge gaming sink for me. I've pretty much abandoned ME2's hand-holding, half-assed "scifi" to return to 5's ICS-loving arms.

I'm hoping the next expansion is worthwhile, there's still a lot that can be done to make the game even better. Diplomacy is nuts, the AI is too given to tagging others as warmongerers. In experimenting with ICS, I get treated like I'm a warmonger even though I'm just expansionist. The AI should be able to tell the difference and react differently because of it. My ICS tactics have to involve warmongering just because my neighbors want it that way, after a while they won't trade, they denounce, what the hell am I supposed to do? I can wait for them to DOW me, which they'll do early on, but later in the game it's this retarded standoff where they denounce and renew their denouncments. Just because my cities are everywhere! It's bullshit.[/QUOTE]
I can't do ICS. I just have to get six hexes between my cities for maximum efficiency. Of course, the AI still gets pissed off at me a whole bunch just for planting cities in the early game. I'd totally buy an expansion for a diplomatic and military AI overhaul alone.

What's really funny is that the AI kind of goes in to ICS mode in the late game. Every tiny fucking island in the map gets its own city in the last couple hundred turns, regardless of its resources or proximity to other cities.

I fuckin love you, Hank. I don't care how old you think you get. Your hair and beard are magnificent.

tumblr_mckid6QdFc1qbit7i.gif

[quote name='The Crotch']I answered this on Steam the other night, but I would just like to reiterate that the expansion is baller as fuck and religion is way better than in Civ IV. Espionage is kinda lame, though.[/QUOTE]

You mean last night? Why are you trying to hide the fact that you enjoyed our conversation?

[quote name='dohdough']Yeah, but they still didn't bring back the throne room so fuck'em.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, were you there?

[quote name='TheLongshot']Real men play Crusader Kings II.[/QUOTE]

CKII is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Only grand strategy game that I like. That Game of Thrones mod is baller.

It's just a cover to hide the fact that this is really a Leda thread.

tumblr_mesa91871n1rf3b43o2_400.gif
tumblr_mf5e7vU19O1rhguiao1_500.jpg

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/28/sony-sells-tokyo-office-building-for-1-2billion/

lol sonys fucking homeless
ps3 sucks[/QUOTE]

PS3 does sucks :p

[quote name='dothog']Anyone who thinks religion is better in 4 than 5 hasn't played enough of either. G&K (and the fall patch) was very impressive, I didn't think they had it in them. I've played a shitton of 5 in the past 6 months, it's been a huge gaming sink for me. I've pretty much abandoned ME2's hand-holding, half-assed "scifi" to return to 5's ICS-loving arms.

I'm hoping the next expansion is worthwhile, there's still a lot that can be done to make the game even better. Diplomacy is nuts, the AI is too given to tagging others as warmongerers. In experimenting with ICS, I get treated like I'm a warmonger even though I'm just expansionist. The AI should be able to tell the difference and react differently because of it. My ICS tactics have to involve warmongering just because my neighbors want it that way, after a while they won't trade, they denounce, what the hell am I supposed to do? I can wait for them to DOW me, which they'll do early on, but later in the game it's this retarded standoff where they denounce and renew their denouncments. Just because my cities are everywhere! It's bullshit.[/QUOTE]

You and Crotch need to stop it. I don't need to play Civ 5 right now...

Srys Q

How come Uraizen gets all these cool nicknames? Is it cuz he's our leader and we love him so?

Also, I'm skipping class today and I'm going to play DW7E instead. How does that make everyone feel?

[quote name='The Crotch']I can't do ICS. I just have to get six hexes between my cities for maximum efficiency. Of course, the AI still gets pissed off at me a whole bunch just for planting cities in the early game. I'd totally buy an expansion for a diplomatic and military AI overhaul alone.

What's really funny is that the AI kind of goes in to ICS mode in the late game. Every tiny fucking island in the map gets its own city in the last couple hundred turns, regardless of its resources or proximity to other cities.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't particularly enjoy ICS because of the way diplomacy is set up. At least the way I've gone at it, you're effectively choosing warmongering/domination. Besides, there's nothing difficult about ICS, it's just a lot of push, push, pushing. It's ugly not just in carpeting the map with shitty cities, but also in the sense that if you choose ICS, you're stuck warmongering, which I don't enjoy much.

It is fun in the early game, assuming you're playing Immortal/Deity, just because it can be a trick to get going with your neighbors pounding on you. Everything can hinge on one very important "archer or another settler?" decision. Then again, all higher difficulty games, regardless of strategy, are fun for similar reasons.

However, I wanted to play with ICS just to see the hammers/beakers/gold you can put up per turn. And you can put up a lot!

Also, I feel like there's not much they can do with military AI. It can be a little sharper, I suppose, but so long as they're pillaging (which they do now) and protecting ranged units, you can't expect much there, it's always going to be quirky and stupid. I'd like to see diplomacy improved, and I'd also like to see distant (and possibly undiscovered) AIs become more of a threat in the game. I think the game is still too forgiving of strategy that doesn't put exploration first. Scouts should be far more important than they currently are, IMO.

And you're right, espionage isn't much. It's should be more fun, instead it's a minigame you're required to play just to keep up with the Joneses. Same goes for research agreements. I feel like both of those mechanics are there because someone feels like they have to be there and not because anyone wants them there.

[quote name='Indignate']Srys Q

How come Uraizen gets all these cool nicknames? Is it cuz he's our leader and we love him so?

Also, I'm skipping class today and I'm going to play DW7E instead. How does that make everyone feel?[/QUOTE]

i stay home all day and play video games and nothing else

[quote name='snakemaster2389']i stay home all day and play video games and nothing else[/QUOTE]

I like you.

You remind me of someone that I used to know but then he got a job and stopped liking Godzilla and Sonic and fell back in love with Pokemon.

[quote name='Luxuria']Happy Birthday, Broseph!

SkFpRON.gif
[/QUOTE]
Thank you. :) Post more GIFs.

That goes for all of you.

[quote name='distgfx']Already wished you a happy b-day, but happy b-day again!

tumblr_mimsjz77WE1rmerh9o1_400.gif

He's got a bitch of an itch.[/QUOTE]
lol Friend used to drive some old piece of shit Dodge Dynasty, and one night we were cruising along, and this deer was out in the road. He slowed down and crept up on this deer. Deer was staring at us, freaking out probably. He gently nudged him with the car, probably going 2 MPH, and that fucker took off like a bolt of lighting. lol Was the trippiest shit ever.
[quote name='mrspicytacoman']Theres a chikfila in oak brook outside embasy sweets,
and theres definitely more around.

you dont have to go to downtown chicago
maybe you should explore more outside of cornville dude

hapy birthday[/QUOTE]
Thanks. :) And the nearest one to me is the one in Crystal Lake, and it's 49 miles away. I''m not that hungry for Chick-Fil-A.
Getting Gangsta Tats, because we all look like Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza. :cool:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Getting Good Trades.
It's all about flipping games to GS for profit.[/QUOTE]
Or this.
[quote name='j-cart']Plan to Bday boy! Thought I need get my 975 BE to a stable 4.0ghz first. Shit is my bottleneck.

Good Games Talk, where we talk about anything but games. Unless it is me, I try to get everyone to talk about SWTOR.[/QUOTE]
You won't believe how much that 975 is holding you back. Architecture is just too old anymore. Intel is murdering AMD. It's sad. :cry:
[quote name='mrspicytacoman']http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/28/sony-sells-tokyo-office-building-for-1-2billion/

lol sonys fucking homeless
ps3 sucks[/QUOTE]
Sony can always set up at the local strip mall near me. It's $1200 a month, they might be able to swing that.
[quote name='Indignate']I fuckin love you, Hank. I don't care how old you think you get. Your hair and beard are magnificent.

tumblr_mckid6QdFc1qbit7i.gif

It's just a cover to hide the fact that this is really a Leda thread.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, but my beard and hair aren't THAT magnificent, are they? Are they? They pale in comparison to Leda's briar patch of a snatch jungle she's got going on down there. Whew.
[quote name='icebeast']Happy birthday Hank!

rlpW2.gif
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, IcyBizzle. :) You need to creep up the GGT more. It's too PG in here.
[quote name='snakemaster2389']manlove, mmmmmm. hugs and cuddles everyone :3:3:3[/QUOTE]
:grouphug:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Was that Hank sitting between Icebeast and Josh?[/QUOTE]
Yes. I told those fuckers to get a room. :nottalking:
[quote name='distgfx']Yes.[/QUOTE]
Affirmative.
[quote name='Indignate']Durraizens jelly.[/QUOTE]
He might be. . .

Also, I'm skipping class today and I'm going to play DW7E instead. How does that make everyone feel?[/QUOTE]
I coined the name Durraizen first, so I'll take credit for that. The rest is all you guys.

And it makes me hard, rock hard. . .

arent you a liberal arts major or something
why would you go to class ever?

[quote name='dothog']
Also, I feel like there's not much they can do with military AI. It can be a little sharper, I suppose, but so long as they're pillaging (which they do now) and protecting ranged units, you can't expect much there, it's always going to be quirky and stupid. I'd like to see diplomacy improved, and I'd also like to see distant (and possibly undiscovered) AIs become more of a threat in the game. I think the game is still too forgiving of strategy that doesn't put exploration first. Scouts should be far more important than they currently are, IMO.

And you're right, espionage isn't much. It's should be more fun, instead it's a minigame you're required to play just to keep up with the Joneses. Same goes for research agreements. I feel like both of those mechanics are there because someone feels like they have to be there and not because anyone wants them there.[/QUOTE]
They're fucking piss-poor at recognizing where to fight, though.

Like, a couple games ago I was playing as the Inca (as I usually do) and I was butting heads with a Great-Wall having England (which is basically the worst thing ever). At one point I was threatening one of their major cities with a bunch of knights and siege units, but the whole of their army was way off to the north, outside of their territory (thereby surrendering their Great Wall bonus), fighting in hills (giving me the movement advantage) with mostly cavalry (not gaining any tile defence bonuses). It was just so god damn bizarre to see an AI with the most impossibly perfect defencive setup do everything in its power to not utilize any of it.

Research agreements are an awkward compromise. I don't think Firaxis will ever go back to the full-blown tech trading of old, but research agreements are pretty much the biggest "Yo, we're friends." thing in the game, so... eh. They have their place.

Also, I miss vassal-ing other civs. Completely killing them off gives you a huge diplomacy penalty with the other AIs, so I always end up leaving one shitty city furiously pumping out riflemen to match my tanks, denouncing me, yelling at me for being friends with people, getting in the way of troop/ship maneuvering, etc. for the rest of the game. Being able to say, "Hey, I could kill you, but I'll let you live if you work for me for the rest of the game." was sweet. Really problematic with how the AI worked in Civ IV, but sweet.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']You need to GET IN THAT.[/QUOTE]
The amount of booze it would take to make that attractive? I'd probably die.
[quote name='mrspicytacoman']pretty sure shes on the niu cheerleading team[/QUOTE]
It's funny because ti's true. :cry:

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']arent you a liberal arts major or something
why would you go to class ever?[/QUOTE]

Liberal Studies.

It's totally different.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
You won't believe how much that 975 is holding you back. Architecture is just too old anymore. Intel is murdering AMD. It's sad. :cry:
[/QUOTE]

I know :p but thankfully not many games (other than SWTOR) has been very CPU heavy.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The amount of booze it would take to make that attractive? I'd probably die.

It's funny because ti's true. :cry:[/QUOTE]

If you need a second liver, you can use mine!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
63mw.jpg
[/QUOTE]
i lol'd

I try not to make fun of liberal arts majors cuz it gets me in trouble
but sometimes I think they are actually totally clueless

[quote name='j-cart']I know :p but thankfully not many games (other than SWTOR) has been very CPU heavy.[/QUOTE]
Weren't you planning on buying Heart of the Swarm?

[quote name='The Crotch']They're fucking piss-poor at recognizing where to fight, though....It was just so god damn bizarre to see an AI with the most impossibly perfect defencive setup do everything in its power to not utilize any of it.
[/QUOTE]
I don't disagree with that, it's likely true in general. With your particular instance, how was Vicky doing with other civs in that match? What you're perceiving as AI not knowing how to confront you on that advantageous front may instead be a case of AI assessing multiple DOWs and underestimating the threat of a given front. Which goes even further toward your point of the AI just not understanding war, but on a deeper level: I think the AI is capable of tactics like using geography in terms of "Where to fight?", but there's a step before those simple tactics that is broken, and that's threat assessment. The AI has no clue.

Also, Vick's such a cunt. I love her, I get excited when she's in a match. My favorite moments with Vick are those 4 or 5 turns in the early game in which, for whatever reason, she kind of likes me. I love that brief moment, waiting for her to hate the shit out of me. There's something comforting about the inevitable and inexplicable hatred of Vicky.

Same goes for early scouting and seeing Monty as a neighbor, and then 2 turns later he pops a forward settlement on you. Monty's a good friend that way.

[quote name='The Crotch']
Completely killing them off gives you a huge diplomacy penalty with the other AIs, so I always end up leaving one shitty city furiously pumping out riflemen to match my tanks, denouncing me, yelling at me for being friends with people, getting in the way of troop/ship maneuvering, etc. for the rest of the game. Being able to say, "Hey, I could kill you, but I'll let you live if you work for me for the rest of the game." was sweet. Really problematic with how the AI worked in Civ IV, but sweet.[/QUOTE]
There's something to that. The problem is there's good and bad to each. I agree that the way it is in 5 is pretty stupid, the game forces us to this point where we strip everything away but one shit settlement on an island with no production tiles, pillage everything, and leave them be. It's dumb.

However, the Vassal system was also a pain in the ass in 4 for the reasons you mention. The AI could do some stupid shit and you were dragged into that mess, and to make it worse, even though they were your vassal you'd miss out on a lot of benefits that you thought would've been there (e.g. shared research). For me, at least, that made vassals a novelty, it wasn't a meaningful mechanic and for that reason I didn't mind it getting cut out.

I don't know how they'll resolve that. It still goes back to diplomacy. There needs to be some consideration of mercy if you're defending against a DOW and, in the process of that defense, you could potentially wipe out the civ. (To be honest, this may be in the game. I'm only unsure because I haven't wiped anyone out in so long, when I do warmonger, I'm so accustomed to leaving them sitting with one city and not much else.)

[quote name='j-cart']I know :p but thankfully not many games (other than SWTOR) has been very CPU heavy.
[/quote]
My old ass 940 at 3.6 Ghz held back my 480 like mad, mostly in open world games. Assassin's Creed 2 would sit at 40 FPS the whole time. i5 at 4.5 Ghz solved that little problem. But yes, it depends on the game. . .

SSFIV2011-08-2312-47-50-02.jpg

SSFIV2011-08-2312-48-30-86.jpg

SSFIV2011-11-1110-21-06-49.jpg

SSFIV2011-11-1110-20-28-92.jpg

3DMarkLatest.png

If you need a second liver, you can use mine!
Won't stop alcohol poisoninc when I'm mainlining 151 Rum.
[quote name='mrspicytacoman']i lol'd

I try not to make fun of liberal arts majors cuz it gets me in trouble
but sometimes I think they are actually totally clueless[/QUOTE]
They really are clueless. It's awesome. So, make fun all you want. They deserve it.

Kinda wish the update gave humans more stuff, as they're kinda hurting right now. I think the only Big New Thing is the railgun Exo, which is a pretty fucking cruel trick, as that'll just lead to more players saving all their resources to buy useless mechs instead of jetpacks and landmines.[quote name='dothog']I don't disagree with that, it's likely true in general. With your particular instance, how was Vicky doing with other civs in that match? What you're perceiving as AI not knowing how to confront you on that advantageous front may instead be a case of AI assessing multiple DOWs and underestimating the threat of a given front. Which goes even further toward your point of the AI just not understanding war, but on a deeper level: I think the AI is capable of tactics like using geography in terms of "Where to fight?", but there's a step before those simple tactics that is broken, and that's threat assessment. The AI has no clue.[/QUOTE]
The only other civ on our continent was the Mayans, who we both hated, and who she had conquered about 20 turns before attacking me. In fact, I had no common border with her until she took Palenque. Now, I did have a lot of juicy, undefended cities to the north, but if she wanted to reach them, smashing her face into an uninterrupted mountain range was not the way to do it. At one point she did embark a longswordsman and a great general in the direction of my capital, but they turned around after spending two turns in the water.

[quote name='The Crotch']At one point she did embark a longswordsman and a great general in the direction of my capital, but they turned around after spending two turns in the water.[/QUOTE]

That is so Vicky. We have fun together. If it helps make up for the AI's lacking battle tactics, try to pretend the AI has a very advanced sense of humor. For instance, that longswordsman/general combo was a "warning" delivered with a knowing wink.

Oh Vicky you silly thundercunt.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']yo is that game single player
been wanting to check it out[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer. I got a one more copy of it. Yours for $7.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back