GGT #231 Declares Bullet Witch The Best 360 Exclusive This Gen

Arkham on the handhelds sounds cool maybe.

[quote name='GUNNM']Yo indignate dawg gamefly is sending me warriors orochi 3[/QUOTE]

We're going to have so much fun probably.

[quote name='Indignate']Arkham on the handhelds sounds cool maybe.

We're going to have so much fun probably.[/QUOTE]

True... if 2.5D Metroidvania is executed properly -- I mean, Arkham Asylum was basically a Metroidvania (more than Arkham City was).

Just got around to beating Sleeping Dogs, probably one of my favorite games in a long time, it was just really fun to me and the story was amazing as well. I'm gonna mop up some of the stuff I didn't finish then go through the DLC that I have and wait for the rest of it to go on sale and pick it up.

[quote name='Luxuria']That awesome feeling when your classes are cancelled for the day. :]

The Best Megaman Game Ever

Also: Superman/Goku video[/QUOTE]

My next two classes were cancelled as well, it is pretty sweet!
Megaman doesn't exist anymore, he's just a figment of everyone's imagination.
That video is the whole reason we started talking about Goku/Superman.

[quote name='Luxuria']Arkham Origins Announced[/QUOTE]

Interesting....I hope they both turn out to be good games, I wonder how different it will be though and what Rocksteady is doing.

[quote name='j-cart']2.5D Batman Game?

Can it be as awesome as this?
[/QUOTE]

I remember going through that game with my buddy in co-op, it was definitely a unique game, pretty different.

[quote name='MoCiWe']
I remember going through that game with my buddy in co-op, it was definitely a unique game, pretty different.[/QUOTE]

You mean worse than the already terribly awesome movie right?

[quote name='j-cart']You mean worse than the already terribly awesome movie right?[/QUOTE]

Terribly awesome's a good way to describe the game as well. Definitely didn't go through it because it was a good game, it did give some good laughs so, and going through it in co-op made it that much better, I don't know if I ever even got anywhere in it solo since it just wasn't the game.

[quote name='j-cart']You mean worse than the already terribly awesome movie right?[/QUOTE]

I liked Batman Forever -- though I suppose you could go with 'terribly awesome".
As opposed to Batman & Robin which was straight up terrible.

Oh, Jesus Christ. When they say "Origins", they better not mean, "Hey, we're going to show Bruce's parents dying and him transforming into Batman because nobody in our target audience has seen that, like, five times already, right?"

[quote name='Luxuria']Arkham Origins Announced[/QUOTE]
I'm glad to see the rumors from 2 years ago were true.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Purdy scared about dat dev switch.[/QUOTE]
It's just because RockSteady is working on a sequel to Arkham City.

[quote name='j-cart']
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/09/lost-planet-3-delayed-until-august-27-in-na-august-30-in-eu/

Because we all know Spark Unlimited is known for their quality in game making.[/QUOTE]
LOLOLOL! Not surprised in the slightest. Game's gonna get steamrolled and be $20 in a month.

[quote name='Indignate']Arkham on the handhelds sounds cool maybe.[/QUOTE]
Lockdown was interesting on iPhone. Ran like ass, but I like to think that the sales from that (and all the iap costumes) really opened WB's eyes on how much people would pay for a mobile Batman game.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I liked Batman Forever -- though I suppose you could go with 'terribly awesome".
As opposed to Batman & Robin which was straight up terrible.[/QUOTE]
My view on it completely, except Batman and Robin is terribly hilarious to watch. Still mad about what happened to Bane.

[quote name='The Crotch']Oh, Jesus Christ. When they say "Origins", they better not mean, "Hey, we're going to show Bruce's parents dying and him transforming into Batman because nobody in our target audience has seen that, like, five times already, right?"[/QUOTE]
They will. I mean, we saw it in Asylum and we got to pay our respects in City, so I'm sure we're going to see it again in this. And only 5 times? I've seen the Wayne parents tragically murdered almost as many times as I've seen Uncle Ben die (and I've seen Uncle Ben die more times than I've seen myself naked).

[quote name='The Crotch']Oh, Jesus Christ. When they say "Origins", they better not mean, "Hey, we're going to show Bruce's parents dying and him transforming into Batman because nobody in our target audience has seen that, like, five times already, right?"[/QUOTE]

I doubt you'll actually see it. My guess is that this will be resembling Year Zero where Bats is just starting to fight crime. There have also been the on/off rumors of Green Lantern, Supes and other JL members showing up in the story, but I dunno how that would work given that you've heard next to nothing on them in Asylum and City.

[quote name='GhostShark']I doubt you'll actually see it. My guess is that this will be resembling Year Zero where Bats is just starting to fight crime. There have also been the on/off rumors of Green Lantern, Supes and other JL members showing up in the story, but I dunno how that would work given that you've heard next to nothing on them in Asylum and City.[/QUOTE]
Maybe the story in Injustice will somehow open up the Arkhamverse more considering that in the end of the game
Batman opens a portal to Arkhamverse and gets Arkhamverse Superman to kick the shit out of Injustice Superman.

Guys guys guys....I won this from the Injustice Sweepstakes....this is awesome :D So happy right now...

One (1) Ferris Aircraft Prize Pack will be awarded to each of the five (5) winners: Each prize will consist of one (1) of each of the following items (hereinafter collectively referred to as an “Injustice Battle Arena Giveaway Prize”). An Injustice Battle Edition; a DC Collectibles We Can Be Heroes: Justice League 7-pack box set; a Green Lantern Symbol iPhone 5 case; a pair of classic Green Lantern logo hi-fi noise-reducing ear buds; a Funko Green Lantern Pop Heroes figure; and an Injustice T-shirt. ARV of an SPDP#3 Injustice Battle Arena Giveaway Prize: Three hundred eighteen dollars and ninety-three cents ($318.93).

[quote name='MoCiWe']Guys guys guys....I won this from the Injustice Sweepstakes....this is awesome :D So happy right now...

One (1) Ferris Aircraft Prize Pack will be awarded to each of the five (5) winners: Each prize will consist of one (1) of each of the following items (hereinafter collectively referred to as an “Injustice Battle Arena Giveaway Prize”). An Injustice Battle Edition; a DC Collectibles We Can Be Heroes: Justice League 7-pack box set; a Green Lantern Symbol iPhone 5 case; a pair of classic Green Lantern logo hi-fi noise-reducing ear buds; a Funko Green Lantern Pop Heroes figure; and an Injustice T-shirt. ARV of an SPDP#3 Injustice Battle Arena Giveaway Prize: Three hundred eighteen dollars and ninety-three cents ($318.93).[/QUOTE]

Getting the game for free is probably the only way I'd play it. ;)
Even then, I'd be tempted to dump it and wait for the price crash.

[quote name='GUNNM']Wow are they bullshitting about it being $300.
but congrats none the less[/QUOTE]

It's the version that comes with the fightstick, so that's $150, I looked at the figures and they have a MSRP of $100, then the iPhone case (selling this, have no iPhone) is like $35, then the earbuds, funko figure, and t-shirt must make up the other ~35. Thanks though, kinda cool to actually win something like this for once.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Getting the game for free is probably the only way I'd play it. ;)
Even then, I'd be tempted to dump it and wait for the price crash.[/QUOTE]

I already had it preordered, so for me this is nice, saves me some money this month, might not get it on day 1 but for free I wont complain.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Guys guys guys....I won this from the Injustice Sweepstakes....this is awesome :D So happy right now...

One (1) Ferris Aircraft Prize Pack will be awarded to each of the five (5) winners: Each prize will consist of one (1) of each of the following items (hereinafter collectively referred to as an “Injustice Battle Arena Giveaway Prize”). An Injustice Battle Edition; a DC Collectibles We Can Be Heroes: Justice League 7-pack box set; a Green Lantern Symbol iPhone 5 case; a pair of classic Green Lantern logo hi-fi noise-reducing ear buds; a Funko Green Lantern Pop Heroes figure; and an Injustice T-shirt. ARV of an SPDP#3 Injustice Battle Arena Giveaway Prize: Three hundred eighteen dollars and ninety-three cents ($318.93).[/QUOTE]
Daaaayuuuum! That's fucking awesome! I hope I win one of the prize packs! I need a fight stick.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Daaaayuuuum! That's fucking awesome! I hope I win one of the prize packs! I need a fight stick.[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting one forever, but didn't really want to pay the prices that they go for, so this is pretty sweet. I wonder if they'll ask which console I want it for or if I'm just gonna get one randomly.

Not sure about the quality of that fight stick, but at least it has the standard 6-8 button layout that's common these days instead of using that strange "old school MK" layout which I didn't think was practical for MK9 (even though it only has 5 buttons)... the change from high/low to back/front and how they sort of adopted the Capcom punches on top/kicks on bottom was jarring if you'd ever played an MK game before.

[quote name='GUNNM']Stan lee breaking down the fights was great. Such an awesome person to hear talk[/QUOTE]
True. Would've been funny if he had made a joke about stealing things, though.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Not sure about the quality of that fight stick, but at least it has the standard 6-8 button layout that's common these days instead of using that strange "old school MK" layout which I didn't think was practical for MK9 (even though it only has 5 buttons)... the change from high/low to back/front and how they sort of adopted the Capcom punches on top/kicks on bottom was jarring if you'd ever played an MK game before.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know if it will have the best quality but that's fine by me. I'm not too intense in fighting games and the only current stick I have is the wireless Tekken 6 one, which I know a lot of people said sucked. But mine's lasted for a while now and I feel that I do fine with it so I'm sure this one's better then that. I've mainly used the SF4 and MVC fightpads over sticks though, but I like having options because certain games feel better with each. Luckily, these games always have adjustable controls so I just set them to all be similar anyway, but I do know what you mean how there's a big difference from MK and Capcom games.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Yeah, I don't know if it will have the best quality but that's fine by me. I'm not too intense in fighting games and the only current stick I have is the wireless Tekken 6 one, which I know a lot of people said sucked. But mine's lasted for a while now and I feel that I do fine with it so I'm sure this one's better then that. I've mainly used the SF4 and MVC fightpads over sticks though, but I like having options because certain games feel better with each. Luckily, these games always have adjustable controls so I just set them to all be similar anyway, but I do know what you mean how there's a big difference from MK and Capcom games.[/QUOTE]
I have no idea how you've lasted longer than a little while with the Tekken 6 stick. I murdered the shit out of that think in a couple of weeks.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I have no idea how you've lasted longer than a little while with the Tekken 6 stick. I murdered the shit out of that think in a couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mash and smash, it can last a bit... especially if you're not used to something like a TE... but it's easy to start feeling the buttons stick and such... I keep it around to let company use if we play fighters.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Yeah, I don't know if it will have the best quality but that's fine by me. I'm not too intense in fighting games and the only current stick I have is the wireless Tekken 6 one, which I know a lot of people said sucked. But mine's lasted for a while now and I feel that I do fine with it so I'm sure this one's better then that. I've mainly used the SF4 and MVC fightpads over sticks though, but I like having options because certain games feel better with each. Luckily, these games always have adjustable controls so I just set them to all be similar anyway, but I do know what you mean how there's a big difference from MK and Capcom games.[/QUOTE]

I was talking more about MK9 vs previous MK games. Yeah, it's still 4+block instead of 6 attack... but the moving of the punch button and the change of it to front/back kind of screwed me up -- especially since uppercut used to be down+[], roundhouse was back+/\, sweep was back+O... changing some of those really fucked with my head at first.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I have no idea how you've lasted longer than a little while with the Tekken 6 stick. I murdered the shit out of that think in a couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

Lol, not sure I guess, I have almost all of my old controllers from every system still in working order though, I know I don't really smash buttons and such much. Recently my MVC3 fightpad is really the only controller I remember that actually stopped working, I've had some problems with sticking joysticks and stuff though, usually take the controllers apart and clean them to fix that though. I know I used the stick quite a bit, I'm happy it still works though, although I'll be glad to get an upgrade.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
I was talking more about MK9 vs previous MK games. Yeah, it's still 4+block instead of 6 attack... but the moving of the punch button and the change of it to front/back kind of screwed me up -- especially since uppercut used to be down+[], roundhouse was back+/\, sweep was back+O... changing some of those really fucked with my head at first.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, yeah I see how that stuff could be confusing, since you are used to that style of controls from the one series so you expect the newest game to stay like how they used to be.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Lol, not sure I guess, I have almost all of my old controllers from every system still in working order though, I know I don't really smash buttons and such much. Recently my MVC3 fightpad is really the only controller I remember that actually stopped working, I've had some problems with sticking joysticks and stuff though, usually take the controllers apart and clean them to fix that though. I know I used the stick quite a bit, I'm happy it still works though, although I'll be glad to get an upgrade.

Gotcha, yeah I see how that stuff could be confusing, since you are used to that style of controls from the one series so you expect the newest game to stay like how they used to be.[/QUOTE]

Especially if you think about the layout from the fight stick in the MK9 $150 bundle.
Oh, this is like playing MK/MKII/UMK3? I want to uppercut.. so... I press down and the top left button... WTF?! Why is there a kick where low punch should be? OH! Uppercut is now basically down and high kick... son of a bitch. :p

And there's something about the combo strings and the way it was designed that it is optimal for the new setup -- cause I originally mapped everything to try to be like the original MK layout on my TE... didn't work so well for me.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Congratulations, Mo! That's fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! I'm pretty excited about it, I'll definitely post pictures when the box arrives of all my goodies :D

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Especially if you think about the layout from the fight stick in the MK9 $150 bundle.
Oh, this is like playing MK/MKII/UMK3? I want to uppercut.. so... I press down and the top left button... WTF?! Why is there a kick where low punch should be? OH! Uppercut is now basically down and high kick... son of a bitch. :p

And there's something about the combo strings and the way it was designed that it is optimal for the new setup -- cause I originally mapped everything to try to be like the original MK layout on my TE... didn't work so well for me.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, there's an original MK cabinet in an arcade near me that has that layout. I haven't used the newer MK9 stick but that would be like learning the game over again with how the game plays.

Guys, GameNChick deleted my post in her blog.

Unsure how I am automatically labelled a "Sony Drone" that are "complete idiots and douchbags".

I haven't had a working PS3 for almost two years now...

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Shut up, Sony Drone.[/QUOTE]

So true, Sony fanboy for life! (this statement was paid by TMK)

[quote name='GUNNM']Who?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm trying to do things not related to staring at coachella.com and wondering when the damn lineup will be posted.

[quote name='GUNNM']I'm sure you missed the dialogue achievement make sure you follow a guide or you won't get it[/QUOTE]

Is that the hidden one? If so, then I have to start a new game. Eh, half the trophies are multiplayer, and I don't see myself doing that...unless maybe one of my buddies gets it and we just play rounds between ourselves to get trophies.

[quote name='gunm']Is that the hidden one? If so, then I have to start a new game. Eh, half the trophies are multiplayer, and I don't see myself doing that...unless maybe one of my buddies gets it and we just play rounds between ourselves to get trophies.[/QUOTE]
There's three secret ones.
Kill a crab don't know why that's a secret. Shoot dynamite out of the air and talk to every member its like 7 dialogue pieces. There's casual and ranked matches and there's only one ranked achievement which is to win on every mode if you want that achievement you better play ranked now because its pretty much dead.

I'm actually having fun with the MP its not anything ground breaking but using the bow is fun and way OP

Oh and before the thread dies, Tales of Vesperia is the best 360 exclusive this gen. :)

Honorable mention to Witcher 2 if you don't count PC.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Jetstream Sam Rising DLC is up on PSN for $10.

Guacamelee! is also out today, cross-buy for Vita/PS3, $12 for PS+.[/QUOTE]
I'll buy Sam whenever we get our $10s back from Sony.

I have just enough MSP points left to buy jetstream sam. I got like 3 updates to go through on PS3 before I play this shit doe

[quote name='GUNNM']I have just enough MSP points left to buy jetstream sam. I got like 3 updates to go through on PS3 before I play this shit doe[/QUOTE]

you finally received you gow:A bundle from amazon?

[quote name='YBX87']you finally received you gow:A bundle from amazon?[/QUOTE]
Today found a cheaper one on amazon for $240 so I'm sending this one back.
(Its already opened I might as well use it but I won't be an asshole and use the codes)

BE AN ASSHOLE!

Okay don't.

I have MGS4 GUNNM, that is if you want to borrow it, or trade it for your first born. Which ever is easier.

That was basically my exact thought process when I heard it. There doesn't need to be any continuity between batman games.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Maybe the story in Injustice will somehow open up the Arkhamverse more considering that in the end of the game
Batman opens a portal to Arkhamverse and gets Arkhamverse Superman to kick the shit out of Injustice Superman.
[/QUOTE]

Wait is that an actual spoiler?

[quote name='j-cart']www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqAwJ2NPLxQ

YEAHHH! AQUAMAN's got MAD sharks![/QUOTE]

Lol @ young kevin smith.

[quote name='j-cart']BE AN ASSHOLE!

Okay don't.

I have MGS4 GUNNM, that is if you want to borrow it, or trade it for your first born. Which ever is easier.[/QUOTE]
How do I borrow it? I've been looking on ebay for a limited edition of MGS 4.

Eh I'm just going to package this shit up and send it back everything is sealed and I don't want to open it.

[quote name='GUNNM']There's three secret ones.
Kill a crab don't know why that's a secret. Shoot dynamite out of the air and talk to every member its like 7 dialogue pieces. There's casual and ranked matches and there's only one ranked achievement which is to win on every mode if you want that achievement you better play ranked now because its pretty much dead.

I'm actually having fun with the MP its not anything ground breaking but using the bow is fun and way OP[/QUOTE]

I might give it a go, but I'm not really into competitive multiplayer. Come to think of it, I have never really been interested in stuff like that, even back in the day when I was running my own CS server. Especially now, I'd much rather see co-op, although I have a hard time even rustling up the energy to hop online with my buddy to keep playing BL2. I think its because he has way more time on his hands to put into the game than I do. He's got nearly all the classes past 30, and I only have 1 lvl 41 and 1 lvl 32. :p

[quote name='GUNNM']How do I borrow it? I've been looking on ebay for a limited edition of MGS 4.

Eh I'm just going to package this shit up and send it back everything is sealed and I don't want to open it.[/QUOTE]

You give him your mailing address and he mails it to you?

And the MGS4 LE is garbage.
Just get a regular complete copy.

bread's done
Back