GGT 235 Something Something Inside Joke

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Seriously, nobody would ever find your body if you even attempted anything with him.

18, hornball. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

ur asian hank? Asian jesus?

[quote name='Indignate']I'm sure Joel would be able to.

Cuz I'm sure he would help. Dude loves disposing of bodies.[/QUOTE]
trufax. I love disposing of bodies.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The Joel Rule: It's not a crime if you don't get caught.[/QUOTE]
Truth. Been doing so much of that lately. Love it so much.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']There's friendly fire in that sense in Soul Sacrifice too. There's absolutely NO EXCUSE for a 3D action-combat type game to not have a lock-on, and a competent one at that. You should not have to try to be managing the camera to figure out where the target went while you're in the middle of healing/attacking/whatever. :p[/QUOTE]

One of the reasons I like it better is because there's no lock on and you have to manually keep up with the monster, I know it can be seen as a gameplay disadvantage but I like the challenge from it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Poker Night 2 on 360, so Omaha and Texas Hold 'Em.[/QUOTE]

Game's so good, I played way too much of it yesterday, told myself I'd do like a tournament, ended up getting off like 4-5 hours later lol

There is an excuse Frosty, it's called game design.

Also, Monster Hunter does have a soft lock on.

But I don't care about that cuz I'm mainly defending Dragon's Dogma which has no lock on, because it doesn't need one.

I think one of my favorite things about MH is the core concept that under those layers of spikes, dragon skin, and kraken brains, you're still the same person you started off as. You don't learn new moves, you don't magically become resistant, you have to supplement at all times through your forging, crafting and buying.

With that, you can have dudes armed to the teeth murdering everything, and in the same room people in their underwear doing even better.

That said, the game absolutely has shit wrong with it. Camera's wonky and there's ton of pretty poor collision and hitbox decision, but nothing unforgivable. Pretty much shit that you see in most hack n' slashes. I was stoked for the lock on feature in MH3U, but I honestly don't even find myself using it often.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']I think one of my favorite things about MH is the core concept that under those layers of spikes, dragon skin, and kraken brains, you're still the same person you started off as. You don't learn new moves, you don't magically become resistant, you have to supplement at all times through your forging, crafting and buying.

With that, you can have dudes armed to the teeth murdering everything, and in the same room people in their underwear doing even better.

That said, the game absolutely has shit wrong with it. Camera's wonky and there's ton of pretty poor collision and hitbox decision, but nothing unforgivable. Pretty much shit that you see in most hack n' slashes. I was stoked for the lock on feature in MH3U, but I honestly don't even find myself using it often.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is really cool that it's more gear and skill based rather then learning new skills/abilities, I definitely like that about it. The hit boxes can be rather screwy as well, although compared to what they were in MH1 they're amazing now lol.

Everyone said "work on your thesis" so I watched an entire season of degrassi jr high, took off my pants and ate tapioca pudding.

neilhope.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg

Them new blazbluers in screenshoted action.

blazc_01.jpg
blazc_06.jpg
blazc_07.jpg
blazc_02.jpg

Oh, and apparently Celica A. Mercury is alive now. I can't wait to explain who this character is to Uraizen in the next GGT that is solely dedicated to explaining the story of BlazBlue to Uraizen like he's always wanted.

blazc_10.jpg

Refreshing myself on the rich and deep BlazBlue mythology.

There was so much stuff that I had forgotten or straight up missed.

Uraizen is in for a treat.

Man, those screenshots make me want to pick it up Day One and I've never really played much BlazBlue before. Shit's cray.

Almost finished with Poker Night 2. Just have to win Glados' bounty item.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Everyone said "work on your thesis" so I watched an entire season of degrassi jr high, took off my pants and ate tapioca pudding.

neilhope.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg
[/QUOTE]You best not be talking shit 'bout my boy Wheels.

[quote name='Indignate'] One final down, four more to go.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='ActionKazimer']These games make for such sexy screenshots.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Tried out the Soul Sacrifice demo earlier. It was... somewhat fun. Not sure if I really want to get it though. My Vita will forever remain a Persona 4 Golden console. :l

Gah I'm between games...huge backlog but dunno what to play next.

I still need to hit 50 in BL2 with at least one character, but my buddy just has way more time to devote to leveling than me.

[quote name='MoCiWe']One of the reasons I like it better is because there's no lock on and you have to manually keep up with the monster, I know it can be seen as a gameplay disadvantage but I like the challenge from it.

Game's so good, I played way too much of it yesterday, told myself I'd do like a tournament, ended up getting off like 4-5 hours later lol[/QUOTE]

Shame it's only sold about 120k copies on XBLA as of last night.

I'm about 2 hours into Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. So far its a nice, if guided take on the metroidvania genre. The mouse controls feel a bit awkward at times. I'm going to try a 360 controller and see if it is any better.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Shame it's only sold about 120k copies on XBLA as of last night.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a feeling it will/is doing a lot better on PC though. Mainly since the first one was only on PC, you could have gotten it for half the price, and I know people really love unlocking their Team Fortress 2 hats, so hopefully combined on all three platforms it's doing really well. I'm trying to tell some of my friends to pick it up but they don't think a poker game without online multiplayer is worth it, even though this game has that comedy aspect to it that makes it a lot more entertaining to play, even if it is only single player.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I'm about 2 hours into Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. So far its a nice, if guided take on the metroidvania genre. The mouse controls feel a bit awkward at times. I'm going to try a 360 controller and see if it is any better.[/QUOTE]

I thought it felt waaaaaaaaaaay better on a 360 controller. Fun little game.

Edit: GOTY?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/2...ster-bros-by-adventure-time-pocket-free-games

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueScrote']I'm about 2 hours into Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. So far its a nice, if guided take on the metroidvania genre. The mouse controls feel a bit awkward at times. I'm going to try a 360 controller and see if it is any better.[/QUOTE]

Did I gift you that? I can't remember.
Anyway, yes, use a 360 controller; the game was designed as a Summer of Arcade XBLA game and then ported to PC... so it was designed with a controler in mind. I'd highly suggest using one.

Kazimer, that game is amazing.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']I thought it felt waaaaaaaaaaay better on a 360 controller. Fun little game.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Did I gift you that? I can't remember.
Anyway, yes, use a 360 controller; the game was designed as a Summer of Arcade XBLA game and then ported to PC... so it was designed with a controler in mind. I'd highly suggest using one.

Kazimer, that game is amazing.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess that decides that.

Frosty, I think I got this one through a humble bundle. Although it's hard to keep track of all the indie games I haven't played that I got through the bundles.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Well I guess that decides that.

Frosty, I think I got this one through a humble bundle. Although it's hard to keep track of all the indie games I haven't played that I got through the bundles.[/QUOTE]

Could be -- but I had the feeling I'd gifted *someone* in here that game. Seems I did on July 20, 2012. :lol: Can't remember who though. Wonder if gmail would tell me.
Huh, I gifted it to gunm and someone else apparently. I was apparently in a giving mood that day.
The second time I bought it along with FEAR3 and dropped it in my inventory to just push the games through there.

I want vanquish, demons souls and the mega man bundle on playstation plus but won't be able to play them anytime soon should I wait until the last day of this month to buy them? I'm assuming these free games rotate monthly?

If they're free, just make sure to add them to your cart and start the initial download. You can then download them whenever you want through your purchase history.

[quote name='Indignate']If they're free, just make sure to add them to your cart and start the initial download. You can then download them whenever you want through your purchase history.[/QUOTE]
Well I haven't used my PSN plus code yet so I'm waiting until the last day that I'm able to download these I'm assuming the last day of April?
[quote name='Indignate']Also I missed you.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back