GGT 284 celebrates the announcement of Project Diva f for the Vita

Yeah, right now there's just nothing at all I would actually want to buy on either of the new systems.  Maybe next year some stuff will start coming out that interests me, but for now I'm perfectly content waiting and letting the people who do want to play some of the new games enjoy their shiny new consoles. 

I'm definitely with you. Main reasons I'm getting the PS4 are the same reasons I got a Wii U: It wasn't much out of pocket for me and I know I'm gonna be in for future games.

I've second-guessed myself a few times about getting either console at launch, but fuck it. It'll be my first launch console since, I dunno, Sega Genesis? It's nice to be excited about 'em again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been trying not to think about it since we didn't have a release date.

Now I want it now.

I don't know why everything is coming out in February
Seriously. February is going to be one hell of a month for gaming. A little bit of everything for everyone.

I agree. Whatever though, at least we are getting the game. Thank you, Nintendo. <3

Also, one thing that hasn't been brought up: account system for the 3DS! Woot!
Yeah, I hope they can handle combining well enough. I've got pretty established accounts on both consoles by this point.

I agree. Whatever though, at least we are getting the game. Thank you, Nintendo. <3

Also, one thing that hasn't been brought up: account system for the 3DS! Woot!
The account system is probably going to be half assed.

Looks like at this point all it does it let you share a balance between Wii U and 3DS.

Playing Killer is Dead. Fun!
Killer Is Dead was indeed fun! I traded my copy of it to Amazon though (got around $40 for it and I got to keep all of the Limited Edition extras), I'll probably buy it again when it's super cheap (like most Suda51 games are)

Yeah, right now there's just nothing at all I would actually want to buy on either of the new systems. Maybe next year some stuff will start coming out that interests me, but for now I'm perfectly content waiting and letting the people who do want to play some of the new games enjoy their shiny new consoles.
Same for me. Plenty to play on PS3 and 3DS, and just got a Wii U last week. I'm covered until late 2014 at the earliest, 2015 more likely. Only launch title on either platform that really interests me is Killzone, and I'm in no rush to play that after having just played the 2nd and 3rd one a couple months back. Not worth $60 to me anyway since I don't really play shooters online any more.

I also want to put in some more thought into whether to get a PS4 or just build a gaming PC next time my desktop needs upgraded. That combined with the Wii U and 3DS may be the best mix of variety. Though more cost and hassle...

Killer Is Dead was indeed fun! I traded my copy of it to Amazon though (got around $40 for it and I got to keep all of the Limited Edition extras), I'll probably buy it again when it's super cheap (like most Suda51 games are)
I'm a sucker for artbooks too, but I decided against it this time. There's still one copy at a GS near me, but I'm waiting for the price to drop a little more before I return the used copy I got for a new one.

I'm hoping that Very Hard Mode will give the cash reward to get that $100 million costume.

Same for me. Plenty to play on PS3 and 3DS, and just got a Wii U last week. I'm covered until late 2014 at the earliest, 2015 more likely. Only launch title on either platform that really interests me is Killzone, and I'm in no rush to play that after having just played the 2nd and 3rd one a couple months back. Not worth $60 to me anyway since I don't really play shooters online any more.

I also want to put in some more thought into whether to get a PS4 or just build a gaming PC next time my desktop needs upgraded. That combined with the Wii U and 3DS may be the best mix of variety. Though more cost and hassle...
Same here. Killzone is cool and all, but the 1st one is still the best one IMO. Platinuming the second is one of my proudest achievements and I got it literally 5 seconds before my fatty died on me. :rofl:

With all of the similarities in hardware and porting being more common with the games that I'd actually play on launch, I don't see why I shouldn't just have a pc work/gaming rig since the DS4 and fightsticks work just fine. I don't really see myself gaming very much anymore anyways...or at least not like I used to.

Next Friday:

StrLBwb.gif

Bravely Default looks alright. I may or may not pick it up. Knowing me, I'll still be playing Pokemon in February. 

It says in the write-up on joystiq that it's just merging 3DS and WiiU eShop accounts and tying them to a Nintendo Network ID.

Are you excited because you want to unify your 3DS/WiiU? Because at first glance, this doesn't sound like the account system most people have been asking for -- that is one that ties purchases to your ID and not to the console itself... unless I'm missing something (and I'd be happier to find out that I am. :p)

It says in the write-up on joystiq that it's just merging 3DS and WiiU eShop accounts and tying them to a Nintendo Network ID.

Are you excited because you want to unify your 3DS/WiiU? Because at first glance, this doesn't sound like the account system most people have been asking for -- that is one that ties purchases to your ID and not to the console itself... unless I'm missing something (and I'd be happier to find out that I am. :p)
It's not the account system people want--purchases are still tied to the consoles.

The only real benefit is your virtual "wallet" is now unified across Wii U and 3DS after the update, currently if you add money to your 3DS account, you cannot spend it on Wii U--and vice versa.

So still nice for those of us with both a 3DS and Wii U on that front. But still has the problem of games tied to hardware rather than account. But having a unified account across platform is at least as step in the right direction, and will make it easier for them to possibly start tying purchases to that, adding cross buy for VC games supported on both platforms etc. down the road hopefully.

i'll enter next gen with sony when this gets released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ97fjmn2aU

or that dragon rider game where you fly by waving your dualshock around.

they both look real AAA

Bravely Default looks alright. I may or may not pick it up. Knowing me, I'll still be playing Pokemon in February.
I'll probably get it at some point too as it looks pretty damn good.

But yeah, Pokemon is going to take me a while as I'm like 9 hours in and haven't even gotten to the 2nd gym yet as I spend so much time catching Pokemon etc.

And Zelda will be the next 3DS game I play for sure. That looks great, impressions have been high and the first review was a 10/10 from Game Informer. LTTP is one of my all time favorite games, so I may even put Pokemon on hold to play through this.

Yeah, finally you can at least share the credit between your 3DS and Wii U instead of juggling balances.

I'll pick up Bravely Default.  fucking CE for the US doe...short changed again.  :cry:

Amazon shipped my PS4 BF4 and PS4 ACIV.  Still waiting on the PS4 itself, DS4, and NBA2K14 PS4....

I kind of want to level up all my Poke team to Level 70 before taking on the Elite 4/Champ etc.  Any suggestion on a good grinding spot?  >_<  Wish I had more rare candies...

Well that sucks then. I thought based on Lux's post that we would be able to tie purchases to an account. Of course since it's Nintendo that's not the case. They love baby steps even when they need to catch up. As much as they are pushing digital sales, they really need to start a real account system.

bread's done
Back