GGT 329 is the Loniest Number That it'll Ever Do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I've pretty much had the worst three weeks of my life. I ended a relationship of over three years, moved six hours back to my shitty small town to stay with my parents, my car is unsalvagable and I'm low on cash. I've pretty much been forced to entireely recalculate my life plans and I've sank into a pretty rough depression. I'm up til 7am every night, I have trouble getting myself out of bed, and I've been getting belligerent drunk almost every night. So i don't know. I'm feeling pretty shitty, guys.
One thing I'd recommend is to try to get out and do something whenever you can, even if it sounds dumb. I know you said your car is unsalvagable, but if your parents can ever drop you off somewhere or if you have any friends you can hang out with, don't pass up those chances. Look up if there's any local activities going on in your area, or any free things to do. And when you are home, try your best to do something fun, creative, and productive. You'll feel better if you feel like you accomplished something. Sitting at home alone every day can take its toll on your mental and physical health. Hell, I'd hang out with you sometime if you lived close enough. Maybe you do even? You live in PA, right? I live right outside Baltimore, which is pretty close to southeastern PA if you happen to live there.

And yeah, try to limit the drinking. That's only going to make you feel worse.

Hey guys, I've pretty much had the worst three weeks of my life. I ended a relationship of over three years, moved six hours back to my shitty small town to stay with my parents, my car is unsalvagable and I'm low on cash. I've pretty much been forced to entireely recalculate my life plans and I've sank into a pretty rough depression. I'm up til 7am every night, I have trouble getting myself out of bed, and I've been getting belligerent drunk almost every night. So i don't know. I'm feeling pretty shitty, guys.
You need to cut down on the alcohol, it's only going to make matters worse (all I did when my relationship of two years ended out of nowhere was go to school and get drunk after class for a month or so straight and it was miserable). As Josh has already said, ask your parents or friends if they can give you a ride somewhere to do something, cause it is better than sitting around the house and dwelling on the past

One thing I'd recommend is to try to get out and do something whenever you can, even if it sounds dumb. I know you said your car is unsalvagable, but if your parents can ever drop you off somewhere or if you have any friends you can hang out with, don't pass up those chances. Look up if there's any local activities going on in your area, or any free things to do. And when you are home, try your best to do something fun, creative, and productive. You'll feel better if you feel like you accomplished something. Sitting at home alone every day can take its toll on your mental and physical health. Hell, I'd hang out with you sometime if you lived close enough. Maybe you do even? You live in PA, right? I live right outside Baltimore, which is pretty close to southeastern PA if you happen to live there.

And yeah, try to limit the drinking. That's only going to make you feel worse.
Well said.

I need to get back into gaming...I got the Last of Us on PS4 and have not started it yet. I am very happy because I managed to have the guy who posts the cosplay pics on NeoGAF take a few of my cosplay pics at Otakon (like Rin Okumura, Zidane Tribal, etc.).

Thanks for the support, guys. I'm in the middle of getting my shit together to substitute teach this fall (i have to go get a physical from my hot doctor, Carolyn, so at least I have that to look forward to). Unfortunately I'm in western PA so I don't think Baltimore is very cloee lol. I've been hanging out with my buddy from high school so at least I have some outlet. And yeah after this bottle of rum is out I don't think i'm gonna buy any more alcohol.

While trying to save one of Leda's pictures from her blog, I accidentally set it as a background.

Oh well.

Here's not one of the ones that I set.

0b5Bc96v.jpeg

I know everyone else has pretty much weighed in on this, but lay off the alcohol. I know how you're feeling (went through something pretty similar a couple of years ago) and you should get out and do something. Anything will help, just try to have some fun. Getting your mind off things will really raise your spirits. Above all else, remember that things will get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back