goHastings Deal Thread - B2G1 $1 | $5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muthafodder

Banned
About goHastings:
"Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used CDs, books, videos and video games, as well as boutique merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games. Company currently operates 148 retail locations in 20 states."

Follow goHastings on

Deals via Facebook:
-- Online Deals

@goHastings
on Twitter
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/...e=FB&utm_medium=WE&utm_campaign=WeeklyEmailAD

Current Weekly Deal
Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 (Limited Selection)
Use Promotional Code: POSSEUP

Special Labor Day Week Deal

2 Ways to Save - 5 Days to Shop
$5 Off $40 or $10 Off $60
Used Books, Music, Movies, or Games
Use Promotional Code DAYOFF
Valid 9/1-5/11

Contact the goHastings customer service:
Call: 1-877-HASTINGS (877-427-8464)
Email: [email protected]
PM Official CAG Rep: John -
gohastings

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='merchie89']If this deal could last like 2 weeks, I would literally die.getting a HUGE check and wanna get some blus/games....[/QUOTE]
Credit card?

[quote name='AgentW']my order from the 31st came today. 5 games. PS3 for Infamous, Killzone 2, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, and R&C tools of destruction, and 360 prey (cause prey 2 looks awesome, might as well figure out a vague connection)

prey looks kinda scratched, i still have to install it to check for sure though, all of the ps3 discs are great. Only problem I had was the missing manuals in both Killzone 2 and Tools of destruction. any luck trying to get manuals? or what? any advice?[/QUOTE]

You can try this for the missing manuals:

http://www.videogameinstructionbooklets.com/servlet/StoreFront

My last minute order arrived today :ps3:Dead space 2 $12.50.
Other than 2or 3 finger prints it was in like new condition, the version i got has free DS extraction. Now i have one more reason to buy move.
Go hastings is awesome.

the website is constantly timing out and crashing tonight everytime you go to click any game the site just locks up . tries to load for like a minute or two and then finally gives u the error screen

Anyone else having problems getting mm123 to apply? Granted I've used this code twice today already.. any limit to how many times you can use a code?

[quote name='shivan128']Anyone else having problems getting mm123 to apply? Granted I've used this code twice today already.. any limit to how many times you can use a code?[/QUOTE]

It appears to be a limited selection of used games.

I recieve my DSL today and well,im very dissapointed.The screen are very scratched,the stylus is missing and the charger i think is from a DSI and none of the games i have work.

First bad experience with gohasting,just hope they give me a refund

Can anyone chime in with their experience regarding the waiting time of returns? I returned two games using their pre-paid USPS label last Saturday (July 30) and have yet to receive confirmation if they've received it.

I know it's only been almost a week but I get antsy with returns ever since USPS lost an Amazon package several days ago.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Can anyone chime in with their experience regarding the waiting time of returns? I returned two games using their pre-paid USPS label last Saturday (July 30) and have yet to receive confirmation if they've received it.

I know it's only been almost a week but I get antsy with returns ever since USPS lost an Amazon package several days ago.[/QUOTE]

I have been waiting for a refund on three books that were sent to the wrong address for close to a month. The last USPS update had the package as being return to sender. I have been patient since I asked them to resend the books but it now seems that the books are lost in limbo.

This is the first big issue that I have had with them. I am still ordering just disappointed on how long it is taking. I have been stocking up on graphic novels with this sale.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Can anyone chime in with their experience regarding the waiting time of returns? I returned two games using their pre-paid USPS label last Saturday (July 30) and have yet to receive confirmation if they've received it.

I know it's only been almost a week but I get antsy with returns ever since USPS lost an Amazon package several days ago.[/QUOTE]I have only returned one item to GoHastings and it took them about a week to receive the item and send the confirmation email. It should be arriving there soon for you.

I know it's only been almost a week but I get antsy with returns ever since USPS lost an Amazon package several days ago.[/QUOTE]

After their July 4th sale, it took them three weeks to process my return of Dance Central and Dual Shock 3 controller. My first return which was Oblivion, took a mere three to four days...I think the holiday weekend backed them up...

Just received Fallout New Vegas, Dead Space, and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for Xbox 360. Cases in good condition. Discs were a little dirty(lots of specks and fingerprints) but after cleaning them up seemed just like new no scratches.

Is it just me, or do those "50% off" prices really seem pre-discount? $11.89 used for Alpha Protocol when it's $11.42 new on Amazon? I don't get it...

[quote name='stageman12']Is it just me, or do those "50% off" prices really seem pre-discount? $11.89 used for Alpha Protocol when it's $11.42 new on Amazon? I don't get it...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I expected a code to knock 50% off these prices.

Their regular spiel is save up to 75% off of used games, so...not sure how this is really a deal.

Maybe they're recovering from July.

[quote name='stageman12']Is it just me, or do those "50% off" prices really seem pre-discount? $11.89 used for Alpha Protocol when it's $11.42 new on Amazon? I don't get it...[/QUOTE]

I had alpha protocol on my wish list for awhile now and while i cant remember specifics it was totally $11 and change for about a month now and clearly that was well before this "50% off sale".

How does the trade promo work? Is it $20 trade-in credit PER game or $20 trade-in credit towards the purchase of a new game? Only reason I ask is because I saw Hastings is offering $20 for some games that you can get on the cheap.

FREE standard Shipping on everything!
Expires Friday 8/19/11 11:59pm CST
Use Promotional Code:
Code will be released tomorrow via Facebook & Twitter.
Cags get first pickings :)...Code is live now!
Limit 20 items per cart.
Remember this includes everything, the linked image code above links to used games.

I'm pretty certain 90% of the games offered in the recent GameFly sale are cheaper via goHastings; with the exception of the 3DS titles.
This could be a response to their sale...I dunno.

Thanks for the shipping code.

Anybody know if Cabella's Dangerous hunts 2011 work well with the Move and Sharpshooter on PS3? I know it had its own gun peripheral but it says move compatible.

[quote name='Muthafodder']FREE standard Shipping on everything!
Expires Friday 8/19/11 11:59pm CST
Use Promotional Code:
Code will be released tomorrow via Facebook & Twitter.
Cags get first pickings :)...Code is live now!
Limit 20 items per cart.
Remember this includes everything, the linked image code above links to used games.

I'm pretty certain 90% of the games offered in the recent GameFly sale are cheaper via goHastings; with the exception of the 3DS titles.
This could be a response to their sale...I dunno.
[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I can't see your post at all on my iPhone, because the mobile forum uses a white background. Had to quote your post to see everything that shows up and interpret it, since it comes out in BBcode. I also don't see the promo code posted, even though it says it's live?

EDIT: never mind, I went to the .png myself and found the code. Thanks.

Meh, if you do the math, this is only good for games under $7 or so. If you can wait, think items will remain in stock, and that the price won't fluctuate dramatically, you're better off with the 30% off sale for most items.

Ugg. I have a sickness. I ordered 50 cent Blood on the Sand (360) for $7.99 shipped. I missed out on the BB sale and really have been wanting to get it even though I swore off cash purchases for the year. The cheapest at Amazon is $11.82 if you order $25 worth of stuff and GS has it for $19.99. It is like getting 29% off so I am fine with that.

Remember this is free shipping on EVERYTHING...you guys should venture out a bit and explore their site:

$39.99

$39.99

40213995730.jpg
Currently OOS (was $49.99)

$49.99

I know several members asked about these same shelves since I picked them up from goHastings.

Comparable prices elsewhere.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']If you want to do the Saw 2 flip, now is a good time. You can get 3 copies for 360 for 7.48 each with free shipping. They trade in for $12 at BB.[/QUOTE]

Please keep it to yourself...I don't think the official goHastings rep will be too keen on giving us first dibs at promotions if we can't make it 10 posts without talk of abusing their goodwill gesture.

Soooo spend 30 on 5 used cheap games or take that n buy no more heroes? My collection is at 82 ps3 games right now, never owned the wii. What do u think?

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Grabbed 6 books. 3 for me and 3 for the lady. Now she cant be mad about me spending money :)[/QUOTE]

Just keep in mind books always ship free :)...no code needed.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Just keep in mind books always ship free :)...no code needed.[/QUOTE]

Yep, but there seems to be an extra 40% off on used books now as well. $3.49 books went down to $2.10 with the promo code DOGDAYS

I've never ordered books from them before, can anyone comment on their experiences?

I order graphic novels from there all the time. Most are in really good condition. A few here and there not so much. For the price though I am very satisified.

thanks op. ordered friday and american history x blu- ray's for about 10 bucks. been wanting to get them so i figure for $10.50ish it was as good a time as any. need to stop buying blu-rays XD

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Yep, but there seems to be an extra 40% off on used books now as well. $3.49 books went down to $2.10 with the promo code DOGDAYS

I've never ordered books from them before, can anyone comment on their experiences?[/QUOTE]

I have been ordering graphic novels and Art books and they have been sent in good to fine condition. For some reason, there has been problems with their address labels and shipping and the books being returned to sender. I haven't had this problem before and it has only happen with book orders. I have been refunded the cost of the books but it is taking 4 weeks to resolve. It is very strange since I am still getting my orders from them. I hope this isn't a start of a pattern.

[quote name='knightimages']I have been ordering graphic novels and Art books and they have been sent in good to fine condition. For some reason, there has been problems with their address labels and shipping and the books being returned to sender. I haven't had this problem before and it has only happen with book orders. I have been refunded the cost of the books but it is taking 4 weeks to resolve. It is very strange since I am still getting my orders from them. I hope this isn't a start of a pattern.[/QUOTE]

I've had a couple books gone missing too that i needed to be refunded on.

God dammit I placed an order for that crappy LotR Trilogy Blu that nobody likes. Was trying the different codes to get the best prices and of course I placed the order on the more expensive one. How is their email CS? Hopefully they can cancel it. Baaahhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back