= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have waited and bought the bundle today for the 100% charity thing, but eh. Would sorta be nice if they allowed you to choose how much of your purchase went to charity.

[quote name='asheskitty']Well after the various bits of CAG praise, added bonuses, and 100% to charity, I finally broke down and snagged it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']I would have waited and bought the bundle today for the 100% charity thing, but eh. Would sorta be nice if they allowed you to choose how much of your purchase went to charity.[/QUOTE]

I realize this is a personal choice but I never could understand this "I would buy this if more or all of the money went to charity". Personally, I never give money to charity through these bundles (including the HIB). I always give 100% of my money to the developers (and bundle organizers) since they did the work to create and sell their games, and give to charities of my choice separately. Donations to any charity of your choice is available all year round (and in the US may get you a tax deduction if you're looking for a bit more incentive). If the developers & organizers decide to give 10% of their bundle earnings to charity, that's clearly their choice.

[quote name='seamoss']I realize this is a personal choice but I never could understand this "I would buy this if more or all of the money went to charity". Personally, I never give money to charity through these bundles (including the HIB). I always give 100% of my money to the developers (and bundle organizers) since they did the work to create and sell their games, and give to charities of my choice separately. Donations to any charity of your choice is available all year round (and in the US may get you a tax deduction if you're looking for a bit more incentive). If the developers & organizers decide to give 10% of their bundle earnings to charity, that's clearly their choice.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I always give full money to developers. If I wanted to give to charity, I'd write a check to them or something.

Anyways, Topware and Alpha Funding. both might be cool

With the underwhelming Humble Bundles lately, Groupees is definitely taking the my number one spot! Even if they don't all have steam keys, I've ended up liking most of these games a lot more.

Can't wait to see whats in the new bundles:bouncy:

[quote name='seamoss']I realize this is a personal choice but I never could understand this "I would buy this if more or all of the money went to charity". Personally, I never give money to charity through these bundles (including the HIB). I always give 100% of my money to the developers (and bundle organizers) since they did the work to create and sell their games, and give to charities of my choice separately. Donations to any charity of your choice is available all year round (and in the US may get you a tax deduction if you're looking for a bit more incentive). If the developers & organizers decide to give 10% of their bundle earnings to charity, that's clearly their choice.[/QUOTE]
So you don't understand why anyone would do/see things differently than you, because clearly you're doing it correctly?

To explain my position, I honestly don't have a lot of money. I like to spend the little bit of "fun" money I have on games. When I do that, it's nice to give some of it to charity in the process. I did buy this bundle, but I bought it earlier on when the charity portion was 10%. Since I buy almost every Groupees bundle and always support them with my purchases, I would have liked to buy this bundle while it was all going to charity, instead of only 10%.

When I buy HIBs, I go 50% charity and 50% devs, and sometimes I throw in 10% or so to HIB (since I know they aren't going to go under without my help).

Just because someone does it differently doesn't mean there's anything wrong with that.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']With the underwhelming Humble Bundles lately...:[/QUOTE]

IDK I've been pretty darn happy with Humble. A ton of solid Android games for dirt cheap and absolutely killer Weekly deals now (until this week...).

[quote name='Izod517']IDK I've been pretty darn happy with Humble. A ton of solid Android games for dirt cheap and absolutely killer Weekly deals now (until this week...).[/QUOTE]

I guess I've just been spoiled by past bundles. Since Bastion I haven't cared for any of the weekly sales, and mobile was a bit annoying not having steam keys. I still buy almost all of them, but personally I've found Groupees has had more of what I want as of late.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I honestly don't have a lot of money. [/QUOTE]

This has literally nothing to do with the content of your post, but just once I want to see somebody say:

"Me, I've got loads of cash. I live very comfortably, but this gaming thing? For the birds! You think I'm going to give my fortune to game developers? I use this website because on principle I refuse to pay over $7.50 for a video-game. I'd pirate them instead, but I don't know how these damn waterfall spigots work everyone's always talking about. Same reason I had to wait so long to watch Game of Thrones. Because, let me tell you, do you think I'm going to let any of this pile of money I sit on like a chair (dare I say 'throne'?) slip into the greedy fingers of those clowns at Home Box Office? Hell no! If I had my way, I'd burn this money and make you watch. Then I'd hack your Steam account and play your games. But I don't know how to hack, obviously, because I can't even get the torphoons to download and even if I could, why the heck doesn't this .mkv file play in realplayer? Anyway, for FTL it's $1 or bust."

Maybe I let that get away from me.

But I would love to see someone say that on these boards.

[quote name='Idiotekque']So you don't understand why anyone would do/see things differently than you, because clearly you're doing it correctly?

Just because someone does it differently doesn't mean there's anything wrong with that.[/QUOTE]

Please read my post carefully & calmly - nowhere in there did I say it was "incorrect" or "wrong" to do things differently. What I did say is that I didn't understand the logic behind giving all the money to charity and explained my point of view.

[quote name='seamoss']Please read my post carefully & calmly - nowhere in there did I say it was "incorrect" or "wrong" to do things differently. What I did say is that I didn't understand the logic behind giving all the money to charity and explained my point of view.[/QUOTE]
I see what you're saying. Really I never give completely to charity, since the devs do deserve money for their work. In this case, the cause was nice and since I always give Groupees money (and since the devs agreed on this 100% charity day) I would have liked to have bought that day instead. Oh well.

I always give 100% to charity if given the choice to. No real sense of doing anything good or anything, but I figure why not. If the devs really wanted money they would sell their games and never put them in a bundle and if I really wanted to support the devs I would actually like pay more than the bare minimum for a bundle. Giving to charity also puts me over the edge for say bundles where I don't really have interest in most the games, figure worst case I wasted a few bucks on charity and got some games I'll never play in exchange.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I always give 100% to charity if given the choice to. No real sense of doing anything good or anything, but I figure why not. If the devs really wanted money they would sell their games and never put them in a bundle and if I really wanted to support the devs I would actually like pay more than the bare minimum for a bundle. Giving to charity also puts me over the edge for say bundles where I don't really have interest in most the games, figure worst case I wasted a few bucks on charity and got some games I'll never play in exchange.[/QUOTE]

This

[quote name='Eldredpe']This has literally nothing to do with the content of your post, but just once I want to see somebody say:

"Me, I've got loads of cash. I live very comfortably, but this gaming thing? For the birds! You think I'm going to give my fortune to game developers? I use this website because on principle I refuse to pay over $7.50 for a video-game. I'd pirate them instead, but I don't know how these damn waterfall spigots work everyone's always talking about. Same reason I had to wait so long to watch Game of Thrones. Because, let me tell you, do you think I'm going to let any of this pile of money I sit on like a chair (dare I say 'throne'?) slip into the greedy fingers of those clowns at Home Box Office? Hell no! If I had my way, I'd burn this money and make you watch. Then I'd hack your Steam account and play your games. But I don't know how to hack, obviously, because I can't even get the torphoons to download and even if I could, why the heck doesn't this .mkv file play in realplayer? Anyway, for FTL it's $1 or bust."

Maybe I let that get away from me.

But I would love to see someone say that on these boards.[/QUOTE]

That pretty much describes my attitude

So.. a bunch of games from past bundles now show a GOG pic when you click on them.. Could be either a glitch, or an indication that some of those games will come with GOG keys in the Topware bundle.

Example:
ff646c41dcdcaaa6049b0f50630eeca7a1de0586.JPG

If you wanna test, go to http://groupees.com/bm6 and click on Enclave, Earth 2160, or Two Worlds.

Two Worlds 2, and X-Blades also show the GOG pic, but that's probably a glitch.

The bad news? If these games do come with GOG keys in the Topware bundle, I doubt they'll be giving them to previous bundle buyers.

[quote name='spoderman']So.. a bunch of games from past bundles now show a GOG pic when you click on them.. Could be either a glitch, or an indication that some of those games will come with GOG keys in the Topware bundle.

Example:

If you wanna test, go to http://groupees.com/bm6 and click on Enclave, Earth 2160, or Two Worlds.

The bad news? If these games do come with GOG keys in the Topware bundle, I doubt they'll be giving them to previous bundle buyers.[/QUOTE]

Good new so for me because I didnt buy into the 5 dollar tier with those LOL

I'm thinking there won't be blatant repeats in this Topware bundle. I was involved in a conversation with Jonny where I clearly asked him if there would be more repeats happening (since it has happened in a couple BaBs lately). He said that the aim is to place one or two internal repeats in the BaBs, but not other bundles.

That could change with these publisher based bundles, but in general it sounds like he's purposefully trying to steer away from internal repeats besides in BaBs where they bring back a "hit", so to speak, and keep it optional.

At least I hope so.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm thinking there won't be blatant repeats in this Topware bundle. I was involved in a conversation with Jonny where I clearly asked him if there would be more repeats happening (since it has happened in a couple BaBs lately). He said that the aim is to place one or two internal repeats in the BaBs, but not other bundles.

That could change with these publisher based bundles, but in general it sounds like he's purposefully trying to steer away from internal repeats besides in BaBs where they bring back a "hit", so to speak, and keep it optional.

At least I hope so.[/QUOTE]

He said there won't be any repeats in the Be Mine bundles, I don't remember him saying that for other bundles. Even if he did, I doubt he meant publisher bundles. I don't see how this bundle won't have repeats. I expect nearly all of them to be repeats, with maybe 1-3 that aren't.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I always give 100% to charity if given the choice to. No real sense of doing anything good or anything, but I figure why not. If the devs really wanted money they would sell their games and never put them in a bundle and if I really wanted to support the devs I would actually like pay more than the bare minimum for a bundle. Giving to charity also puts me over the edge for say bundles where I don't really have interest in most the games, figure worst case I wasted a few bucks on charity and got some games I'll never play in exchange.[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking! Charity definitely pushes me over the edge. Some IG a year ago had Sacred Gold, which I quickly jumped in on for $5-6 and slid that AbleGamers slider all the way over. I wouldn't have done that for a charity I didn't believe in. Similarly, the recent 8-bit Groupess bundle, the 100% to charity for the 21 year old with muscular dystrophy who needed a reliable van to get to class pushed me over the edge for a bundle that wasn't quite appealing to me. While we're on the topic, the best manual wheelchair is Whirlwind's RoughRider, and they have a Buy-One-Give-One program at $800 (quite cheap).

[quote name='spoderman']So.. a bunch of games from past bundles now show a GOG pic when you click on them.. Could be either a glitch, or an indication that some of those games will come with GOG keys in the Topware bundle.

Example:

The bad news? If these games do come with GOG keys in the Topware bundle, I doubt they'll be giving them to previous bundle buyers.[/QUOTE]

Weird, X-blades isn't on GOG (and the Steam version has Topware's super special 3-activation limit DRM ... not that I'll play it again on hard).

[quote name='asheskitty']Weird, X-blades isn't on GOG (and the Steam version has Topware's super special 3-activation limit DRM ... not that I'll play it again on hard).[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's why I said it's probably a glitch for that game and Two Worlds 2.

[quote name='spoderman']Yeah that's why I said it's probably a glitch for that game and Two Worlds 2.[/QUOTE]

There's also a Steam icon there for Enclave, which isn't on Steam.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I always give 100% to charity if given the choice to.[/QUOTE]

This is the way a real CAG does it so he can deduct the entire purchase on his/her taxes! Boom CAG-lawyered bitches!

[quote name='Izod517']This is the way a real CAG does it so he can deduct the entire purchase on his/her taxes! Boom CAG-lawyered bitches![/QUOTE]
Actually, even if you select all charity, you can't deduct it from your taxes, unless you're paying more than the combined retail price (and even then you can only deduct the amount in excess of the retail price).

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc506.html
If your contribution entitles you to merchandise, goods, or services, including admission to a charity ball, banquet, theatrical performance, or sporting event, you can deduct only the amount that exceeds the fair market value of the benefit received.

Videos are up. Games are:

Enola (Desura)
Dary's Legend (Desura)
Realm Explorer (Desura)
Pirate Hell (Desura)

for the Alpha bundle ($4 for all), and:

Earth 2140 (DRM-Free & GOG)
Earth 2150 (DRM-Free & GOG)
Earth 2160 (Steam, DRM-Free & GOG)
East India Company Gold (Topware Key)
Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire (Steam, DRM-Free & GOG)
World War II Panzer Claws I & II (DRM-Free)
Pirates of Black Cove (Topware Key)

for the Topware bundle (2 game minimum, $0.75 per game)

[quote name='spoderman']New bundle site is up, but bundle isn't live yet.

http://groupees.com/alpha

EDIT: Another one is up too, lol

http://groupees.com/topware[/QUOTE]

Promo videos appear to be up on each bundle.

Alpha Funding Bundle
$4 Minimum.

Games:
Enola
Dary's Legend
Realm Explorer
Pirate hell

Topware Bundle
2 Game Minium - $0.75 per game

Games:
Earth 2140
Earth 2150
Earth 2160
East India Company Gold
Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire
World War II Panzer Claws 1 & 2
Pirates Of Black Cove

EDIT: Damn you Spoder. You beat me to it.

There was a mistake in the video description for the Alpha bundle. Supposed to be $1 minimum, $4 for all. The Alpha bundle looks interesting, but the Topware bundle seems pretty crappy so far, but maybe it'll have nice bonuses.

I wonder if any of the alpha game will have Linux support. They look a bit rough, but I suppose that's because they're alpha builds.

Also, I still don't get what the group bonuses are. Is there some way to somehow pool a purchase, or is it just referring to the bonuses added when a certain amount of bundles are sold?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I wonder if any of the alpha game will have Linux support. They look a bit rough, but I suppose that's because they're alpha builds.

Also, I still don't get what the group bonuses are. Is there some way to somehow pool a purchase, or is it just referring to the bonuses added when a certain amount of bundles are sold?[/QUOTE]

It's just referring to bonuses added when goals are met.

[quote name='spoderman']It's just referring to bonuses added when goals are met.[/QUOTE]

thanks, I've been wondering about it for a while. Seems they could have worded it better, or maybe I'm just a bit thick:wall:

LOL, I asked Groupees on Twitter if they could put Realm Explorer in the bundle if it wasn't going to be in it already, and what was their response?

"No, wont be added due to license issues, sadly :("

And here it is! Misdirection!

Yup, both bundles are live.
Just a quick updates and reminders:

First, in the Topware Bundle, the first bonus is Knights & Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion which I guess will come with a GoG redemption code

Second, if only one game interests you in the Topware Bundle, it might be worth waiting until the last 24 hours of the bundle when, most likely, Groupees will lower the minimum purchase to 1 game/$0.75; and yes, you'll get all the unlocked bonuses also.

Third, OP has been updated. If you click the GoG Icon or Red Key Icon, it should take you to the GoG redeem webpage or the Topware store in English, where on the far right you enter your code to download your game. Also for the Alpha bundle, the OP contains the links for all the games in the bundle that are on steam greenlight at the moment, so click on green thumbs and vote them up (or search for them manually in steam).

Edit: Also, it seems the GoG redemption keys expire on the 14th of May, 2013.

I might be interested in Pirates of Black Cove for $0.75, which I'll reconsider during the last 24 hours minimum price reduction. Can't say I'd really be disappointed if I missed it though.

Already own Earth 2160 from Green Man Gaming's free giveaway, East India Company from Indie Gala, and Jagged Alliance Wildfire from GOG.com's free giveaway.

[quote name='Necrotron']Jagged Alliance Wildfire from GOG.com's free giveaway.[/QUOTE]

When was that?

I have Jagged Alliance - Unfinished Business from when it was in the Interplay name-your-own-price deal, but no Wildfire.

[quote name='Eldredpe']When was that?

I have Jagged Alliance - Unfinished Business from when it was in the Interplay name-your-own-price deal, but no Wildfire.[/QUOTE]

I got Unfinished Business as well. I've been on GOG for close to three years, and I've never heard of Wildfire being given away for free. Was it region restricted, or did you just confuse your JA games?

The Topware bundle is, in my opinion, almost entirely trash.

The Alpha Bundle intrigues me, but I have a few questions.

1) This is full ownership over these games, not just an alpha purchase, right?
2) Any thoughts on Realm Explorer?

Looks like a prettier version of Minecraft with a few additional aspects, which isn't a bad thing by any means.

[quote name='Das_Regal']The Topware bundle is, in my opinion, almost entirely trash.

The Alpha Bundle intrigues me, but I have a few questions.

1) This is full ownership over these games, not just an alpha purchase, right?
2) Any thoughts on Realm Explorer?

Looks like a prettier version of Minecraft with a few additional aspects, which isn't a bad thing by any means.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's full ownership of the games since you get Desura keys which will allow you to download all future updates from Desura.

bread's done
Back