GS Sale 7/13 50% off select Used Games| Top 2008 Used Sale | Wii Sale

tenzor

CAGiversary!
IMPORTANT: PRICES WILL NOT BE MARKED DOWN LIKE A NORMAL PRICE DROP. THEY SHOULD HAVE A 50% off STICKER, or the $5,$10,$15 stickers on them. If there is no sticker, and you know the game is on the list, chances are the store just forgot to sticker it. Just bring it up, and when they total the transaction it will automatically discount it.

This sale begins on 7/13

Currently there is also a sale going on for Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits (7/8-7/12 only) and Select New Titles marked down to $19.99
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229890

Save $5, $10, $15 off on Top Selling 2008 Used Games

Save $5 off
Devil May Cry PS3
Grand Theft Auto IV 360
Grand Theft Auto IV PS3
Madden NFL 2009 PS3
Madden NFL 2009 360
NCAA Football 2009 PS3
NCAA Football 2009 360
Prince of Persia PS3
Prince of Persia 360
Pure 360
Saints Row 2 PS3
Saints Row 2 360
Too Human 360
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 360
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 PS3

Save $10 off
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway 360
Devil May Cry 360
Fallout 3 PS3
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) PS2
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) PS3
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) 360
Need for Speed Undercover PS3
Need for Speed Undercover 360
Soul Calibur IV PS3
Soul Calibur IV 360

Save $15 off
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) Wii
Little Big Planet PS3
MLB 08 The Show PS3
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe PS3
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe 360
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 PS3
Resistance 2 PS3
Socom: Confrontation (Game Only) PS3

Save 50% off Select USED Games
A lot of crappy games like old sports games, or really crappy games. Edge card should still stack so technically it will be 60% off.

PS3

Madden NFL 2007
Virtua Fighter 5

Battlefield Modern Combat
Madden NFL 2007
Madden NFL 2006
NCAA Football 2007
Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End
Pocketbike Racer
Prey
Project Gotham Racing 3
Rainbow Six Vegas
Sega Superstar Tennis
Sega Superstar Tennis/Arcade Games 2 Disc Pack

PS2
ATV Off Road Fury 2
ATV Off Road Fury 3
Corvette
DDR Extreme
DDR Max 2
DBZ Budokai 2
DBZ Budokai 3
DBZ Budokai Tenkaich
DBZ Budokai Tenkaich 2
DT Racer
ESPN NBA 2K5
ESPN NFL 2K5
Eye Toy Play (Game Only)
Ford Racing 2
Ford Racing 3
The Getaway
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire
Juiced
Madden NFL 2002-2007* (Madden 2002-2007 are all on sale individually)
Major League Baseball 2k6
Manhunt
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix
MLB 06 Show
MVP 06 NCAA
MVP Baseball 2004
MVP Baseball 2005
MX Unleashed
Naruto Ultimate Ninja
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles
NASCAR 2005
NASCAR 2006
NBA 2K7
NBA Live 2004-2007* * (Live 2004-2007 are all on sale individually)
NBA Street
NCAA Football 2004-2007*(NCAA 2004-2007 are all on sale individually)
NFL 2K3
NFL Street 2
Onimusha 2
Onimusha Warlords
Powerdrome Racing
Rebel Raiders
The Sopranos
Spider-Man 2
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Stutman Ignition
Super Trucks Racing
Suzuiki TT
Thrillville
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Tony Hawk's Underground
Tourist Trophy
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist of the Roses

Special Weekend Sale 7/16-7/19 EXPIREDBUY 2 USED GAMES GET 1 FREE
*THE 50% OFF, and Top 2008 USED Games Discount will NOT STACK WITH THE B2G1F. The computer will give you best deal depending on what you bring up.
Discussion in this tread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229428

Nintendo Sale 7/22-7-26
Buy a Nintendo Wii New System, and receive a free select Wii Game.

**Thanks to CAG user zaff2000 for the complete list**

Excite Bots
Animal Crossing city folk (game only)
Wii Music
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Wario Land Shake it
My Fitness Coach
Mario and Sonic Oylmpic games
Shaun White snow boarding
Rayman Raving Rabids tv
Mad World
Don King Boxing
Sonic Unleashed

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='J7.']
Why not wait for the B2G1? These looked like they changed the actual prices online so I would think it would stack.
[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of waiting but I did the math and saw that I would be saving 2 dollars at most. I figured I might as well buy them now when the prices are low because if one of more of the games went up in price, I would be paying more for games that I wanted.

DO NOT BUY BF2:MC. EA has shut down the servers, permanently (on 360). They are trying to kill off this game in stores now. The single player game is pretty terrible. Don't buy it. If you want BF, get 1943 or BC.

Just a heads-up.

[quote name='acyw13']looking forward to the Nintendo deal[/QUOTE]

Same, I really want some more info on what it is going to be. Come on GS, don't be stingy with your intel.

interested in picking up socom for $15 if the price holds up, anyone know if it's still riddled with bugs, & more importantly how fun the game actually is.

Would getting Fallout 3 for the PS3 be worthwhile, even if I own the CE for the PC, at the price listed now?

I don't have an edge card, so I think it'd come out to $25 roughly with free shipping via the SAVER + CAG16 coupons.

Also, what does it take now to get an edge card now? I've heard different things looking around, and am curious on the final solid answer :)

[quote name='J7.']I checked Socom and the price hasn't changed.[/QUOTE]

oops, i meant if the used price actually drops by $15 come monday. not that i an doubting any leaked info by fellow cagS, just that i almost always just go to gamestop during their B2G1 or to trade & these recent deals definitely raised some eyebrows.

[quote name='DaMonStEr']Think these prices will hold until the B2G1 free sale?[/QUOTE]

hard to say, but I think these won't be price drops, but discounted PROMOS. Which means the computer drops the price when the transaction is totaled, and will only allow one promotion at a time. (i.e. No B2G1 FREE and PROMO discount, and 20% coupons etc.) They basically will give you the best deal, but no stacking of deals.

So, for example if you were to bring up Prince of Persia for 360, which is currently priced $18.99 (as of 7/11/09), the Save $5-$15 on Top 08 USED games would discount it down to $13.99. However, if you brought up Prince of Persia, and two other games during the B2G1 free week it would not discount it $5 because the B2G1 Free is the better deal. So, they would give you the free game, but charge you the regular $18.99 price of Prince of Persia.

[quote name='tenzor']hard to say, but I think these won't be price drops, but discounted PROMOS. Which means the computer drops the price when the transaction is totaled, and will only allow one promotion at a time. (i.e. No B2G1 FREE and PROMO discount, and 20% coupons etc.) They basically will give you the best deal, but no stacking of deals.

So, for example if you were to bring up Prince of Persia for 360, which is currently priced $18.99 (as of 7/11/09), the Save $5-$15 on Top 08 USED games would discount it down to $13.99. However, if you brought up Prince of Persia, and two other games during the B2G1 free week it would not discount it $5 because the B2G1 Free is the better deal. So, they would give you the free game, but charge you the regular $18.99 price of Prince of Persia.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info

A lot of crappy games like old sports games, or really crappy games. Edge card
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='tenzor']hard to say, but I think these won't be price drops, but discounted PROMOS. Which means the computer drops the price when the transaction is totaled, and will only allow one promotion at a time. (i.e. No B2G1 FREE and PROMO discount, and 20% coupons etc.) They basically will give you the best deal, but no stacking of deals.

So, for example if you were to bring up Prince of Persia for 360, which is currently priced $18.99 (as of 7/11/09), the Save $5-$15 on Top 08 USED games would discount it down to $13.99. However, if you brought up Prince of Persia, and two other games during the B2G1 free week it would not discount it $5 because the B2G1 Free is the better deal. So, they would give you the free game, but charge you the regular $18.99 price of Prince of Persia.[/QUOTE]

Aww man, I was going to try this and thought I would work. Will the 20% off coupon work atleast?

[quote name='as50193']Aww man, I was going to try this and thought I would work. Will the 20% off coupon work atleast?[/QUOTE]

Nope. The 20% off coupon is also a promo so it won't stack.

Following are the current prices for the possible 50% off games. I skipped the sports games.

PS3

Virtua Fighter 5 20

Battlefield Modern Combat 15
Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End 10
Pocketbike Racer 3
Prey 8
Project Gotham Racing 3 8
Rainbow Six Vegas 13
Sega Superstar Tennis 7
Sega Superstar Tennis/Arcade Games 2 Disc Pack

PS2
ATV Off Road Fury 2 6
ATV Off Road Fury 3 10
Corvette 5
DDR Extreme 20
DDR Max 2 18
DBZ Budokai 2 6
DBZ Budokai 3 10
DBZ Budokai Tenkaich 10
DBZ Budokai Tenkaich 2 20
DT Racer 5
Eye Toy Play (Game Only) 5
Ford Racing 2 4
Ford Racing 3 4
The Getaway 4
Ghost Recon 3
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 15
Grand Theft Auto Vice City 5
Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire 10
Juiced 10
Manhunt 10
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty 5
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix 18
MX Unleashed 10
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 10
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 15
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles 10
NASCAR 2005 8
NASCAR 2006
Onimusha 2 5
Onimusha Warlords 4
Powerdrome Racing 4
Rebel Raiders 3
The Sopranos 10
Spider-Man 2 9
Splinter Cell Double Agent 13
Stutman Ignition 15
Super Trucks Racing 4
Suzuiki TT 4
Thrillville 13
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland 10
Tony Hawk's Project 8 10
Tony Hawk's Underground 7
Tourist Trophy 10
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist of the Roses 6

[quote name='Mongoose07']DO NOT BUY BF2:MC. EA has shut down the servers, permanently (on 360). They are trying to kill off this game in stores now. The single player game is pretty terrible. Don't buy it. If you want BF, get 1943 or BC.

Just a heads-up.[/QUOTE]

thanks, was going to pick this up....ill just keep playing 1943

[quote name='W0lfRHart']this sale started at my Gamestop yesterday afternoon[/QUOTE]

Wait, so the 50% off/$5-$15 off used game sale already started? Anyone else's gamestop start this sale yet?

Would you guys recommend Manhunt or is The Suffering (which I own) better?

I spent over $200 within two weeks at Gamestop a month ago and yet they keep tempting me with more offers. They should go ahead and make PS2 games B1G1 free at this point.

Down for Prince of Persia, Prey, Brothers In Arms and Devil May Cry 4. All for what, $40? Will have to see if its cheaper with B2G1.

Thank you evil. I think there's a chance it won't be just a Promo because the prices dropped for GTA IV & DMC 4 online as if they were regular price drops...

[quote name='dapunisure']oops, i meant if the used price actually drops by $15 come monday. not that i an doubting any leaked info by fellow cagS, just that i almost always just go to gamestop during their B2G1 or to trade & these recent deals definitely raised some eyebrows.[/QUOTE]
It was my bad, after seeing DMC 4 price reduced already I checked Socom and forgot the sale doesn't start until July 13th. I'm still wondering how long this sale will be good for, 1 week or longer?

Well, nuts. I swear MK vs DC was $44.99 used a few days ago. I was all excited because I'd finally be able to get a copy for ~$26 (after Edge and $15 off) but now the price is $49.99.

I ended up goin back to GS and got Jade Empire and a few of the 50% off games today. Madden NFL 2007, NCAA Football 2007, Prey, Rainbow Six Vegas
i was surprised that noone has touched the sale at my GS yet

[quote name='freedomexplosions']I might grab BF modern combat for 15, its the only battlefield game i don't currently own.
151l1259.jpg
[/QUOTE]

FYI, this CAG said this on the last page:

[quote name='Mongoose07']DO NOT BUY BF2:MC. EA has shut down the servers, permanently (on 360). They are trying to kill off this game in stores now. The single player game is pretty terrible. Don't buy it. If you want BF, get 1943 or BC.

Just a heads-up.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: I just did some Googleing and didn't find any hard evidence that the servers had been shut down though. Saw some complaints back in June about not being able to get on, but didn't find any official word on the matter. So, I'd assume they're still available. Could always return within 7 days though if the servers are out of commission.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 came up to 7.50 after the $15 off and 10%. It was a nice pickup specially since I got the limited edition. To bad it didn't have that key chain though.

I stopped by today at a gamestop in the mall as it was closing. I saw mk vs dc was priced at $50 and already had a sticker saying $15 off, and asked if i'd be able to use the 20% off xbox games coupon with it (making the game around $25 after the edge card too) the girl at the register said it should work..but the girl said the $15 had already been taken off the price...meaning it was $65 used before. I told her i think she made a mistake and she "scanned" it and said it was ringing up $50. I decided to forget it and just go to the GS i usually go to tommorrow.

Can someone post if they've been able to stack the XBOX360 20% coupon? If so, I may wait to see if there's PS3 Coupon before I pick up POP.

[quote name='anthonyd46']so sega tennis will be roughly $3 after edge?[/QUOTE]

Yeah $6.99 - 50% = $3.49 - 10% EDGE (off 6.99 price) so $3.49 - .69 = about $2.80+tax

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Can someone post if they've been able to stack the XBOX360 20% coupon? If so, I may wait to see if there's PS3 Coupon before I pick up POP.[/QUOTE]

No the coupon does not stack. It is one or the other, so whatever the better deal is the computer will choose the best deal for you.

[quote name='wwe101']when does this sale start?[/QUOTE]
Today 7/13

[quote name='wwe101']im in for prince of persia and soul calibur if this sale is real[/QUOTE]
yes it is real.

thanks OP/TC

Just picked up the following games for 70 on the nose-

Prince of Persia (PS3)
MLB The Show 08 (PS3)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PS3)
SOCOM (PS3)
SEGA Tennis/Arcade (360)
Prey (360)
PGR 3 (360)
Brothers in Arms (360)
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 (360)

Some of these games I was buying to buy back since I had traded them in earlier, or traded, while others I figured it wouldnt hurt to have for 4 dollars (I am looking at you Sega/arcade and Prey).

I also got madden at another store, but I don't really like football, I just got it so I would have another game maybe some of my friends would enjoy...friends, or 20 dollars back on credit for myself??? Tough choice.

do used games online from gamestop usually come with the original box?? planning on getting fallout 3 with cag16 + SAVER. comes out to exactly 25.19 for used Fallout 3.

Cool, picked up Prince of Persia for $14, Prey for $4, and Battlefield for $7.50 all for XBOX 360. Man how am I going to find the time to play all these games! I still have to finish off GTA IV and Dark Sector.

Does the system take Edge off the original amount or the discount amount? So would POP be (18.99-5)*.90 or (18.99*.90)-5 with the latter being cheaper?

is fallout 3 (used) for the ps3 29.99 in store (like it is online) OR is it 49.99 (like...how i just called someone)?

And if its 29.99....can i get the additional 10$ off like stated in this promotion and get it for 19.99?

bread's done
Back