GS Sale 7/13 50% off select Used Games| Top 2008 Used Sale | Wii Sale

tenzor

CAGiversary!
IMPORTANT: PRICES WILL NOT BE MARKED DOWN LIKE A NORMAL PRICE DROP. THEY SHOULD HAVE A 50% off STICKER, or the $5,$10,$15 stickers on them. If there is no sticker, and you know the game is on the list, chances are the store just forgot to sticker it. Just bring it up, and when they total the transaction it will automatically discount it.

This sale begins on 7/13

Currently there is also a sale going on for Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits (7/8-7/12 only) and Select New Titles marked down to $19.99
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229890

Save $5, $10, $15 off on Top Selling 2008 Used Games

Save $5 off
Devil May Cry PS3
Grand Theft Auto IV 360
Grand Theft Auto IV PS3
Madden NFL 2009 PS3
Madden NFL 2009 360
NCAA Football 2009 PS3
NCAA Football 2009 360
Prince of Persia PS3
Prince of Persia 360
Pure 360
Saints Row 2 PS3
Saints Row 2 360
Too Human 360
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 360
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 PS3

Save $10 off
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway 360
Devil May Cry 360
Fallout 3 PS3
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) PS2
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) PS3
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) 360
Need for Speed Undercover PS3
Need for Speed Undercover 360
Soul Calibur IV PS3
Soul Calibur IV 360

Save $15 off
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) Wii
Little Big Planet PS3
MLB 08 The Show PS3
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe PS3
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe 360
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 PS3
Resistance 2 PS3
Socom: Confrontation (Game Only) PS3

Save 50% off Select USED Games
A lot of crappy games like old sports games, or really crappy games. Edge card should still stack so technically it will be 60% off.

PS3

Madden NFL 2007
Virtua Fighter 5

Battlefield Modern Combat
Madden NFL 2007
Madden NFL 2006
NCAA Football 2007
Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End
Pocketbike Racer
Prey
Project Gotham Racing 3
Rainbow Six Vegas
Sega Superstar Tennis
Sega Superstar Tennis/Arcade Games 2 Disc Pack

PS2
ATV Off Road Fury 2
ATV Off Road Fury 3
Corvette
DDR Extreme
DDR Max 2
DBZ Budokai 2
DBZ Budokai 3
DBZ Budokai Tenkaich
DBZ Budokai Tenkaich 2
DT Racer
ESPN NBA 2K5
ESPN NFL 2K5
Eye Toy Play (Game Only)
Ford Racing 2
Ford Racing 3
The Getaway
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire
Juiced
Madden NFL 2002-2007* (Madden 2002-2007 are all on sale individually)
Major League Baseball 2k6
Manhunt
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix
MLB 06 Show
MVP 06 NCAA
MVP Baseball 2004
MVP Baseball 2005
MX Unleashed
Naruto Ultimate Ninja
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles
NASCAR 2005
NASCAR 2006
NBA 2K7
NBA Live 2004-2007* * (Live 2004-2007 are all on sale individually)
NBA Street
NCAA Football 2004-2007*(NCAA 2004-2007 are all on sale individually)
NFL 2K3
NFL Street 2
Onimusha 2
Onimusha Warlords
Powerdrome Racing
Rebel Raiders
The Sopranos
Spider-Man 2
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Stutman Ignition
Super Trucks Racing
Suzuiki TT
Thrillville
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Tony Hawk's Underground
Tourist Trophy
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist of the Roses

Special Weekend Sale 7/16-7/19 EXPIREDBUY 2 USED GAMES GET 1 FREE
*THE 50% OFF, and Top 2008 USED Games Discount will NOT STACK WITH THE B2G1F. The computer will give you best deal depending on what you bring up.
Discussion in this tread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229428

Nintendo Sale 7/22-7-26
Buy a Nintendo Wii New System, and receive a free select Wii Game.

**Thanks to CAG user zaff2000 for the complete list**

Excite Bots
Animal Crossing city folk (game only)
Wii Music
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Wario Land Shake it
My Fitness Coach
Mario and Sonic Oylmpic games
Shaun White snow boarding
Rayman Raving Rabids tv
Mad World
Don King Boxing
Sonic Unleashed

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mis0']Picked up:

Folklore (PS3)
GTA III (PS2)
GTA VC (PS2)
MGS2SOL (PS2)
Xenosaga I (PS2)
VF4 Evolution (PS2)

For $36.21 (CA tax included)

Not the best haul.. but I would have gladly paid $40 for a used copy of Folklore so I'm not complaining.[/QUOTE]

Why? You can get them on eBay for like $20 new

Found a PoP CE for $18.99 used. I thought I would receive the $5 off, in addition to the Edge discount, but I didn't. Oh well, the games was mint but it didn't have the second disc. I passed.

[quote name='momouchi']So we are two days away from this supposed Nintendo sale. Any details on this?[/QUOTE]

80% off all GBA games! Woohoo :bomb:

j/k

wonder how much longer this sale is going to go on for?

the games involved had their trade in values slashed horribly

went to trade in SOCOM and they offered me $3 for it :| I mean I wasn't expecting a lot but figured at least $6ish + some other games to get the extra 40%

[quote name='boneless']80% off all GBA games! Woohoo :bomb:

j/k[/QUOTE]

Haha, but I'll admit I wouldn't mind them clearancing GBA games. There are some decent games I haven't nabbed yet.

[quote name='momouchi']Haha, but I'll admit I wouldn't mind them clearancing GBA games. There are some decent games I haven't nabbed yet.[/QUOTE]

I cant see them pushing them out just yet, since the DS can still play them, and I see them getting rid of Xbox games first since they dont accept trade ins on those anymore. Once they stop accepting them as trade ins, thats a good sign, and a good time to pick up some carts just sitting at my local GS ;)

This sale is still going on? If that's the case I hope it goes on until Friday or Saturday so I can see what they have.

[quote name='acyw13']no news about the nintendo sale ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just found out about it.... prepare to be disapointed unless you plan on buying a Wii at Full Price ...

Buy a Nintendo Wii System, and receive a free select Wii Game

-MadWorld, Mario Sluggers, and Excitebots were among some of the games I saw. I think Animal Crossing was also.

^That's absolutely TERRIBLE. Other stores have been bundling Wii systems with select games for over a year now, IIRC. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that's not a deal. :/ Not to be harsh, but really... With the semi-unique sales that were going on before it, I'm sure we were all expecting something MUCH more, considering this was supposed to be their "biggest sale of the year."

i called gamestop he ran through a huge list he said excite bots animal crossing (game only) wii music and donkey kong are the ones i rember btw wiifit is not one of them i asked

EDIT: called another one heres all of them THE COMPLETE LIST
excite bots
animal crossing city folk (game only)
wii music
donkey kong jungle beat
wario land shake it
my fitness coach
mario and sonic at the oylmpic games
shaun white snow boarding
rayman raving rabids tv
mad world
don king boxing
sonic unleashed

[quote name='buckythekat']wonder how much longer this sale is going to go on for?
[/QUOTE]

The flyer I have for the 50% off / 2008 used sale says it ends 8/02/2009.

On a random note, does the Edge card stack with the $5 / $10 / $15 off? Is it like the used deal of the weeks where it takes Edge off the original used amount, or does it take Edge off the revised $$$ off?

For Example, does Edge come off the $54.99 price of Little Big Planet, and then the $15 gets applied (similar to a used deal of the week), or does Edge apply itself to the $39.99 post $15 off?

[quote name='Roufuss']The flyer I have for the 50% off / 2008 used sale says it ends 8/02/2009.

On a random note, does the Edge card stack with the $5 / $10 / $15 off? Is it like the used deal of the weeks where it takes Edge off the original used amount, or does it take Edge off the revised $$$ off?

For Example, does Edge come off the $54.99 price of Little Big Planet, and then the $15 gets applied (similar to a used deal of the week), or does Edge apply itself to the $39.99 post $15 off?[/QUOTE]

EDGE is applied after the price reduction. I bought LBP and it was $36ish.

That Nintendo "sale" is fucking pathetic. Gamestop should be ashamed of themselves for even calling that a sale and mixing in with the rest of this months promotions. Honestly, I know Wii sales have slowed as of late, but by now, just about anyone who could possibly have wanted one has one. Its just a crap sale.

[quote name='boneless']EDGE is applied after the price reduction. I bought LBP and it was $36ish.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton, easier to spend the rest of this credit when I know where Edge takes off from.

Thanks again!

[quote name='Roufuss']The flyer I have for the 50% off / 2008 used sale says it ends 8/02/2009.

For Example, does Edge come off the $54.99 price of Little Big Planet, and then the $15 gets applied (similar to a used deal of the week), or does Edge apply itself to the $39.99 post $15 off?[/QUOTE]

Edge is based off of $54.99 not the $39.99, but it does come off last so:
$54.99-$15-$5.49=price you pay

[quote name='hlb96']Edge is based off of $54.99 not the $39.99, but it does come off last so:
$54.99-$15-$5.49=price you pay[/QUOTE]

Yep, just found this out, always awesome when Edge works in my favor like this.

Yeah, I love how the Edge 10% applied to the original price.... Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PS3) came out to $7.49 when I bought it last week.

[quote name='tenzor']
Buy a Nintendo Wii System, and receive a free select Wii Game

[/QUOTE]

That's a joke. Target has better Wii sales than that. Mine runs the buy1 get1 half off about once a month.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yep, just found this out, always awesome when Edge works in my favor like this.[/QUOTE]So that would mean that GHWT on 360 would go something like 27.99-10-2.80=15.20? Hmm. Too bad the coupon wouldn't stack as well, plus it's officially expired here on the east coast anyway. May still bite on that for 15.

is LBP worth picking up for $36ish? I always wanted to play it, and my friend has all this DLC downloaded so I would be able to play DLC stuff too, but is $36ish too much to pay? Can't I get it cheaper perhaps.

[quote name='wiishopchannels']is lbp worth picking up for $36ish? I always wanted to play it, and my friend has all this dlc downloaded so i would be able to play dlc stuff too, but is $36ish too much to pay? Can't i get it cheaper perhaps.[/quote]
Yes!!!

I tried picking up Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway 360 today and it no longer takes the $10 off. Can someone confirm this or is it just my GS?

[quote name='Rob26Smith']I tried picking up Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway 360 today and it no longer takes the $10 off. Can someone confirm this or is it just my GS?[/QUOTE]

Man I hope it's just yours. I was looking to pick that up tomorrow.

Picked up Prey for $3 and some change, thanks OP. Took a look at Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, and there were no $10 off stickers on any copy's.

[quote name='Rob26Smith']I tried picking up Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway 360 today and it no longer takes the $10 off. Can someone confirm this or is it just my GS?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brodieman']Man I hope it's just yours. I was looking to pick that up tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I posted over a week ago that this discount was no longer active, but I guess it was probably overlooked by most. Really disappointed that BiA only lasted for less than a week =\

[quote name='mrcheapo11']I posted over a week ago that this discount was no longer active, but I guess it was probably overlooked by most. Really disappointed that BiA only lasted for less than a week =\[/QUOTE]
I bought my BiA with $10 off on Friday. I went to two GameStops and both had the stickers.
I asked a worker "how long would the Top 2008 Used Sale go on?" He said "I think until the end of this month," but he didn't sound too sure.
Haven't been there since Friday either to check.

[quote name='sublime90']seriously madden 06 and 07? nba 2k5?! they should be giving those games away for free.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, they should give away NFL 2K5 to everyone to remind them just how much better off we would have been had EA never swallowed the NFL and ESPN licenses.

Picked up Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PS3) today. It wasn't marked and the $15 off didn't come up, but there was a copy sitting in a small spin holder on the counter that said Top 2008 Used so the guy just entered it manually.

It is over for sure . I tried to get it today and no go .

Is the 50% off used games of top 2008 still going on or did that end last week?

Edit: I picked up Gran Turismo 3 for the PS2, didn't see that game on the list. Great game though! :)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Is the 50% off used games of top 2008 still going on or did that end last week?

Edit: I picked up Gran Turismo 3 for the PS2, didn't see that game on the list. Great game though! :)[/QUOTE]

Judging from the posts, YMMV. I didn't see any $5, $10 or $15 off stickers when I went this morning. All the ones I saw were the 50% off used games in the OP. Although it makes me wish I checked this thread before I went, since I didn't know Prey was one of the 50% off games.

bread's done
Back