GS Sale 7/13 50% off select Used Games| Top 2008 Used Sale | Wii Sale

tenzor

CAGiversary!
IMPORTANT: PRICES WILL NOT BE MARKED DOWN LIKE A NORMAL PRICE DROP. THEY SHOULD HAVE A 50% off STICKER, or the $5,$10,$15 stickers on them. If there is no sticker, and you know the game is on the list, chances are the store just forgot to sticker it. Just bring it up, and when they total the transaction it will automatically discount it.

This sale begins on 7/13

Currently there is also a sale going on for Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits (7/8-7/12 only) and Select New Titles marked down to $19.99
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229890

Save $5, $10, $15 off on Top Selling 2008 Used Games

Save $5 off
Devil May Cry PS3
Grand Theft Auto IV 360
Grand Theft Auto IV PS3
Madden NFL 2009 PS3
Madden NFL 2009 360
NCAA Football 2009 PS3
NCAA Football 2009 360
Prince of Persia PS3
Prince of Persia 360
Pure 360
Saints Row 2 PS3
Saints Row 2 360
Too Human 360
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 360
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 PS3

Save $10 off
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway 360
Devil May Cry 360
Fallout 3 PS3
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) PS2
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) PS3
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) 360
Need for Speed Undercover PS3
Need for Speed Undercover 360
Soul Calibur IV PS3
Soul Calibur IV 360

Save $15 off
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) Wii
Little Big Planet PS3
MLB 08 The Show PS3
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe PS3
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe 360
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 PS3
Resistance 2 PS3
Socom: Confrontation (Game Only) PS3

Save 50% off Select USED Games
A lot of crappy games like old sports games, or really crappy games. Edge card should still stack so technically it will be 60% off.

PS3

Madden NFL 2007
Virtua Fighter 5

Battlefield Modern Combat
Madden NFL 2007
Madden NFL 2006
NCAA Football 2007
Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End
Pocketbike Racer
Prey
Project Gotham Racing 3
Rainbow Six Vegas
Sega Superstar Tennis
Sega Superstar Tennis/Arcade Games 2 Disc Pack

PS2
ATV Off Road Fury 2
ATV Off Road Fury 3
Corvette
DDR Extreme
DDR Max 2
DBZ Budokai 2
DBZ Budokai 3
DBZ Budokai Tenkaich
DBZ Budokai Tenkaich 2
DT Racer
ESPN NBA 2K5
ESPN NFL 2K5
Eye Toy Play (Game Only)
Ford Racing 2
Ford Racing 3
The Getaway
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire
Juiced
Madden NFL 2002-2007* (Madden 2002-2007 are all on sale individually)
Major League Baseball 2k6
Manhunt
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix
MLB 06 Show
MVP 06 NCAA
MVP Baseball 2004
MVP Baseball 2005
MX Unleashed
Naruto Ultimate Ninja
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles
NASCAR 2005
NASCAR 2006
NBA 2K7
NBA Live 2004-2007* * (Live 2004-2007 are all on sale individually)
NBA Street
NCAA Football 2004-2007*(NCAA 2004-2007 are all on sale individually)
NFL 2K3
NFL Street 2
Onimusha 2
Onimusha Warlords
Powerdrome Racing
Rebel Raiders
The Sopranos
Spider-Man 2
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Stutman Ignition
Super Trucks Racing
Suzuiki TT
Thrillville
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Tony Hawk's Underground
Tourist Trophy
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist of the Roses

Special Weekend Sale 7/16-7/19 EXPIREDBUY 2 USED GAMES GET 1 FREE
*THE 50% OFF, and Top 2008 USED Games Discount will NOT STACK WITH THE B2G1F. The computer will give you best deal depending on what you bring up.
Discussion in this tread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229428

Nintendo Sale 7/22-7-26
Buy a Nintendo Wii New System, and receive a free select Wii Game.

**Thanks to CAG user zaff2000 for the complete list**

Excite Bots
Animal Crossing city folk (game only)
Wii Music
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Wario Land Shake it
My Fitness Coach
Mario and Sonic Oylmpic games
Shaun White snow boarding
Rayman Raving Rabids tv
Mad World
Don King Boxing
Sonic Unleashed

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. Definitely a great pick-up as I'm really enjoying the single-player campaign so far. Terrorist Hunt mode is an awesome mode also. Thanks OP & CAG'ers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to the counter with GTA IV and RSV2 for PS3 (with no visible discount stickers). Asked if the marked prices were correct ($34.99 for GTA and $24.99 for RSV2). The guy scanned them, said yep, and that only games with price reduction stickers were on sale. Shrugged and left after picking up Madden 07 for $2.11 after Edge.

Is he totally mis-informed or what's up here?

[quote name='jupiterjones']Went to the counter with GTA IV and RSV2 for PS3 (with no visible discount stickers). Asked if the marked prices were correct ($34.99 for GTA and $24.99 for RSV2). The guy scanned them, said yep, and that only games with price reduction stickers were on sale. Shrugged and left after picking up Madden 07 for $2.11 after Edge.

Is he totally mis-informed or what's up here?[/QUOTE]

Computer should ring up discounts automatically, I believe.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Went to the counter with GTA IV and RSV2 for PS3 (with no visible discount stickers). Asked if the marked prices were correct ($34.99 for GTA and $24.99 for RSV2). The guy scanned them, said yep, and that only games with price reduction stickers were on sale. Shrugged and left after picking up Madden 07 for $2.11 after Edge.

Is he totally mis-informed or what's up here?[/QUOTE]

Do they have to total out your purchase before the discount is applied?

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Can someone post if they've been able to stack the XBOX360 20% coupon? If so, I may wait to see if there's PS3 Coupon before I pick up POP.[/QUOTE]

Went to GS tonight. picked up PGR and Rainbow 6 Vegas 1. Coupon didn't stack, the cashier tried for me. Devil may cry came up at $24.99. The website lists two prices $14.99 (the one I wanted ) and $24.99. Maybe I should try another store?

[quote name='soul in a jar']Went to GS tonight. picked up PGR and Rainbow 6 Vegas 1. Coupon didn't stack, the cashier tried for me. Devil may cry came up at $24.99. The website lists two prices $14.99 (the one I wanted ) and $24.99. Maybe I should try another store?[/QUOTE]

That's online only.

And so I went to a different GS, where they ALL the games properly stickered, and picked up RSV2 for $7.49. I mentioned that the first GS I went to had no idea about the sale on that game and he wasn't too surprised.

Ill-informed GameStop employees strike again!

[quote name='soul in a jar']Went to GS tonight. picked up PGR and Rainbow 6 Vegas 1. Coupon didn't stack, the cashier tried for me. Devil may cry came up at $24.99. The website lists two prices $14.99 (the one I wanted ) and $24.99. Maybe I should try another store?[/QUOTE]

I bought DMC4 yesterday. It will take the $10 off after the transaction is totaled. It was something like $12.49 after discount and edge

I was able to get prey, Pirates, RSV1 and 2 (someone put a 50 percent off tag on RSV2 so i got that one for 12.xx), onimusha 1 and 2... all for about 30 bucks... i'm happy!

Man didn't know originally that RSV2 was included (yes I know it's on the first page) b/c store didn't have a sticker on it. Oh well, gotta try and exchange Prey as my copy won't play so I'll see if they have another.

What is GS up to with all these sales? They have all these games for $19.99, they have the B2G1 Free this weekend and now the $5, $10, $15/50% off select games. Do they have something up their sleeves?

[quote name='tylerdurden689']How's Virtua Fighter 5? Worth $9?[/QUOTE]

Sure... it's worth $9. I don't like the SEGA fighters as much as the NAMCO ones but for $9 it's worth it.

[quote name='ps360gamer']What is GS up to with all these sales? They have all these games for $19.99, they have the B2G1 Free this weekend and now the $5, $10, $15/50% off select games. Do they have something up their sleeves?[/QUOTE]
low sales

[quote name='au7oma7ic']thanks OP/TC

Just picked up the following games for 70 on the nose-

Prince of Persia (PS3)
MLB The Show 08 (PS3)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PS3)
SOCOM (PS3)
SEGA Tennis/Arcade (360)
Prey (360)
PGR 3 (360)
Brothers in Arms (360)
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 (360)

Some of these games I was buying to buy back since I had traded them in earlier, or traded, while others I figured it wouldnt hurt to have for 4 dollars (I am looking at you Sega/arcade and Prey).

I also got madden at another store, but I don't really like football, I just got it so I would have another game maybe some of my friends would enjoy...friends, or 20 dollars back on credit for myself??? Tough choice.[/QUOTE]

How much Is Socom with the discounts?

I picked up Prince of Persia and Stuntman Ignition in the same transaction. I handed the clerk the 20% off coupon and the computer gave me 20% off on PoP!! The only problem is that it didn't give me the $5 off on PoP. I had the clerk do seperate transactions so I could get my $1.xx in credit back.

I picked up:

360:

Rainbow Six Vegas
PGR 3
Madden 07
NCAA Football 07

PS2:

Metal Gear Solid 2
GTA Vice City

I got all of these games for under $20!

[quote name='emg28']I picked up Prince of Persia and Stuntman Ignition in the same transaction. I handed the clerk the 20% off coupon and the computer gave me 20% off on PoP!! The only problem is that it didn't give me the $5 off on PoP. I had the clerk do seperate transactions so I could get my $1.xx in credit back.[/QUOTE]

Well, you're only suppose to get 1 discount per transaction. My theory is that when you use a coupon, its applied first so the automatic discount is denied. Edge should still work though

I picked up:

Rainbow Six Vegas,
PGR Racing 3,
Sega Superstars/Arcade pack
Battlefield 2

all on the 360 for $25. Is Battlefield 2 worth the $7.49 I paid for it? I don't really know anything about it, but didn't want to pass up the only decent looking copy in the store.

The computer will give you best deal depending on what you bring up.

Um... Best deal for US, or best deal for THEM? Because if the computer REALLY DOES ring up the best deal for us, mass chaos will ensue...

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']The computer will give you best deal depending on what you bring up.

Um... Best deal for US, or best deal for THEM? Because if the computer REALLY DOES ring up the best deal for us, mass chaos will ensue...[/QUOTE]

No, no, no. Don't read it wrong =/. b2g1 best for us AS IN however many titles you have, lump them in descending order of 3 most expensive ones until you're out of titles. If you have 6 games, 55,55,45,30,30,25, the computer giving you the best deal will take out the 45 and 25(NOT THE TWO 55'S, OBVIOUSLY), whereas with a fucked computer system that I use in blockbuster I would have to do something like that manually.

The computer still recognizes "of equal or lesser value", you don't suddenly buy madden 02x2 on ps2 and get Infamous for free.

Unless there is some kind of coupon code, I was interested in getting prince of persia for 360, and it's still the regular 18.99 online. I'm guessing in store only?

[quote name='Vortextk']Unless there is some kind of coupon code, I was interested in getting prince of persia for 360, and it's still the regular 18.99 online. I'm guessing in store only?[/QUOTE]
That's what I was figuring, which is good for me, because my store down the road has a huge ass surplus of games.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Okay, so since it's not going to stack with b2g1, then I'm going there tomorrow to pick up PoP.[/QUOTE]

Where has this been confirmed?
I've been waiting all week to see if I should pick up Devil May Cry 4 for the 360 on Friday or wait until Saturday when I'll be with buddies and we can each get a game and share the cost from the B2G1.

Has this sale passed yet? I was originally going to use last week's coupon to get a 360 game for 20% off, but since that's expired, this sale is the only thing left. So just wondering if it's still going on.

Son of a bitch, I didn't get around to going to GS until today, and even though there were numerous games with the $5 off sticker, Brothers in Arms not long gets the discount as of today:bomb:

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Where has this been confirmed?
I've been waiting all week to see if I should pick up Devil May Cry 4 for the 360 on Friday or wait until Saturday when I'll be with buddies and we can each get a game and share the cost from the B2G1.[/QUOTE]

I picked up 3 games, then said "oh wait I wanted Prince of Persia too", grabbed it "it's 5$ off right?" He said yes but if I was going to get it in a b2g1 it wouldn't work and...then I cut him off and said no, just the one b2g1 of games and this with 5$ off. When the computer didn't take the 5 bucks off and he was explaining to his manager what he was doing, she said it wouldn't work with b2g1 as well, and he told her I was getting it separate. So both of them made sure I knew it wouldn't stack.

I also heard the email this week had the coupon for 20% off ps3 games. Can anyone confirm and post the coupon because for the 2nd time this year I did not get it. Thank you in advance.

Guys quick question
For the

Save $5 off

Prince of Persia PS3
Prince of Persia 360
&

Save $10 off

Devil May Cry 360
Fallout 3 PS3

I looked on gamestop.com and saw the prices respectively at

Prince of Persia both 360 and PS3 18.99 used
DMC4 used 360 $14.99
Fallout 3 PS3 used $29.99

Are all these prices before or after the save $5/$10 promotion?

I think the prices are In Store Only. So you'd have to go to a store to ring up the final price. I called them up earlier today, and they told me the games that are 50% off also stack with the Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale they're currently having too.

I got my discounts to stack today, and I asked first if they would and was told yes. I think maybe it was the manager who maybe did an override. It was the 5,10,15 off stickers. They were still everywhere including sale displays. The override seems to have messed up the pricing, making Soul Caliber IV $9.00, not even the 14.99/13.50 it should have been, and counted it at $9 + $18 + FREE (18).

I also bought MLB2K9 new for $20, which should not and did not affect the promo pricings.

Here it goes verbatim:

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of W_____ 17.99
__Bonus: 2.00 Edge Card 10%

Command & Conquer:Red Alert 3_____ 0.00
__Disc: 17.99 Promo #7582
__You Saved 2.00 buying Used!

Soul Calibur IV ____________ 9.00
__Disc: 14.99 Promotion Not Found
__Bonus: 1.00 Edge Card 10%
__You Saved 5.00 buying Used!

Major League Baseball 2K9_________ 19.99

________________________Subtotal 46.98

I guess it should have been 18+18+FREE(15)

[quote name='rainless']Unless of course it's not there at that particular moment... then it becomes CONSIDERABLY more difficult to find.[/QUOTE]

In that case, the "search" function is your friend. ;)

picked up a primo copy of madden 09 CE with the 20% coupon on thursday afternoon. 22.67 out the door after edge card and the $5 off. i thought it was worth it since they still have head coach 09 for 20 used.

[quote name='Lt Dan']Guys quick question
For the

Save $5 off
Prince of Persia PS3
Prince of Persia 360
&

Save $10 off
Devil May Cry 360
Fallout 3 PS3

I looked on gamestop.com and saw the prices respectively at

Prince of Persia both 360 and PS3 18.99 used
DMC4 used 360 $14.99
Fallout 3 PS3 used $29.99

Are all these prices before or after the save $5/$10 promotion?[/QUOTE]

Those are after the discount. That is what you will pay if you go to a store.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']Son of a bitch, I didn't get around to going to GS until today, and even though there were numerous games with the $5 off sticker, Brothers in Arms not long gets the discount as of today:bomb:[/QUOTE]
Picked it up and had to go back when I didn't get the discount. Manager did an override.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']I got my discounts to stack today, and I asked first if they would and was told yes. I think maybe it was the manager who maybe did an override. It was the 5,10,15 off stickers. They were still everywhere including sale displays. The override seems to have messed up the pricing, making Soul Caliber IV $9.00, not even the 14.99/13.50 it should have been, and counted it at $9 + $18 + FREE (18).

I also bought MLB2K9 new for $20, which should not and did not affect the promo pricings.

Here it goes verbatim:

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of W_____ 17.99
__Bonus: 2.00 Edge Card 10%

Command & Conquer:Red Alert 3_____ 0.00
__Disc: 17.99 Promo #7582
__You Saved 2.00 buying Used!

Soul Calibur IV ____________ 9.00
__Disc: 14.99 Promotion Not Found
__Bonus: 1.00 Edge Card 10%
__You Saved 5.00 buying Used!

Major League Baseball 2K9_________ 19.99

________________________Subtotal 46.98

I guess it should have been 18+18+FREE(15)[/QUOTE]

The $5,$10,$15 promo will not work with the b2g1 without a manual adjustment. Also, if buying using the b2g1 promo and you wanted 1 of the 5,10,15 savings games have them ring it separate and save alot of trouble and confusion.

Picked up:

Folklore (PS3)
GTA III (PS2)
GTA VC (PS2)
MGS2SOL (PS2)
Xenosaga I (PS2)
VF4 Evolution (PS2)

For $36.21 (CA tax included)

Not the best haul.. but I would have gladly paid $40 for a used copy of Folklore so I'm not complaining.

[quote name='DCJ83']I think the prices are In Store Only. So you'd have to go to a store to ring up the final price. I called them up earlier today, and they told me the games that are 50% off also stack with the Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale they're currently having too.[/QUOTE]
I was told they would not stack with B2G1. I did end up buying RB6-Vegas (again) for $5.

bread's done
Back