GS Sale 7/13 50% off select Used Games| Top 2008 Used Sale | Wii Sale

tenzor

CAGiversary!
IMPORTANT: PRICES WILL NOT BE MARKED DOWN LIKE A NORMAL PRICE DROP. THEY SHOULD HAVE A 50% off STICKER, or the $5,$10,$15 stickers on them. If there is no sticker, and you know the game is on the list, chances are the store just forgot to sticker it. Just bring it up, and when they total the transaction it will automatically discount it.

This sale begins on 7/13

Currently there is also a sale going on for Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits (7/8-7/12 only) and Select New Titles marked down to $19.99
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229890

Save $5, $10, $15 off on Top Selling 2008 Used Games

Save $5 off
Devil May Cry PS3
Grand Theft Auto IV 360
Grand Theft Auto IV PS3
Madden NFL 2009 PS3
Madden NFL 2009 360
NCAA Football 2009 PS3
NCAA Football 2009 360
Prince of Persia PS3
Prince of Persia 360
Pure 360
Saints Row 2 PS3
Saints Row 2 360
Too Human 360
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 360
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 PS3

Save $10 off
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway 360
Devil May Cry 360
Fallout 3 PS3
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) PS2
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) PS3
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) 360
Need for Speed Undercover PS3
Need for Speed Undercover 360
Soul Calibur IV PS3
Soul Calibur IV 360

Save $15 off
Guitar Hero World Tour (Game Only) Wii
Little Big Planet PS3
MLB 08 The Show PS3
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe PS3
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe 360
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 PS3
Resistance 2 PS3
Socom: Confrontation (Game Only) PS3

Save 50% off Select USED Games
A lot of crappy games like old sports games, or really crappy games. Edge card should still stack so technically it will be 60% off.

PS3

Madden NFL 2007
Virtua Fighter 5

Battlefield Modern Combat
Madden NFL 2007
Madden NFL 2006
NCAA Football 2007
Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End
Pocketbike Racer
Prey
Project Gotham Racing 3
Rainbow Six Vegas
Sega Superstar Tennis
Sega Superstar Tennis/Arcade Games 2 Disc Pack

PS2
ATV Off Road Fury 2
ATV Off Road Fury 3
Corvette
DDR Extreme
DDR Max 2
DBZ Budokai 2
DBZ Budokai 3
DBZ Budokai Tenkaich
DBZ Budokai Tenkaich 2
DT Racer
ESPN NBA 2K5
ESPN NFL 2K5
Eye Toy Play (Game Only)
Ford Racing 2
Ford Racing 3
The Getaway
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire
Juiced
Madden NFL 2002-2007* (Madden 2002-2007 are all on sale individually)
Major League Baseball 2k6
Manhunt
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix
MLB 06 Show
MVP 06 NCAA
MVP Baseball 2004
MVP Baseball 2005
MX Unleashed
Naruto Ultimate Ninja
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles
NASCAR 2005
NASCAR 2006
NBA 2K7
NBA Live 2004-2007* * (Live 2004-2007 are all on sale individually)
NBA Street
NCAA Football 2004-2007*(NCAA 2004-2007 are all on sale individually)
NFL 2K3
NFL Street 2
Onimusha 2
Onimusha Warlords
Powerdrome Racing
Rebel Raiders
The Sopranos
Spider-Man 2
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Stutman Ignition
Super Trucks Racing
Suzuiki TT
Thrillville
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Tony Hawk's Underground
Tourist Trophy
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist of the Roses

Special Weekend Sale 7/16-7/19 EXPIREDBUY 2 USED GAMES GET 1 FREE
*THE 50% OFF, and Top 2008 USED Games Discount will NOT STACK WITH THE B2G1F. The computer will give you best deal depending on what you bring up.
Discussion in this tread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229428

Nintendo Sale 7/22-7-26
Buy a Nintendo Wii New System, and receive a free select Wii Game.

**Thanks to CAG user zaff2000 for the complete list**

Excite Bots
Animal Crossing city folk (game only)
Wii Music
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Wario Land Shake it
My Fitness Coach
Mario and Sonic Oylmpic games
Shaun White snow boarding
Rayman Raving Rabids tv
Mad World
Don King Boxing
Sonic Unleashed

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Can someone post if they've been able to stack the XBOX360 20% coupon? If so, I may wait to see if there's PS3 Coupon before I pick up POP.[/QUOTE]

I tried and it didn't stack. Oh well, $12.10 after edge still isn't a bad price.

[quote name='easyjohnnyd']is fallout 3 (used) for the ps3 29.99 in store (like it is online) OR is it 49.99 (like...how i just called someone)?

And if its 29.99....can i get the additional 10$ off like stated in this promotion and get it for 19.99?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't 29.99 at the store i went to. It was in the $40 can't quite remember.

[quote name='segaplayer']Associates did not mention anything on the phone about the sale, are we sure its nationwide?[/QUOTE]

Went to my local store. Associate said sale started yesterday actually.

Picked up (w/ edge %) -
RSV1 $4.50 YMMV
RSV2 $7.20
PoP $12

RSV1 had a $15 off sticker on it also. It didn't ring up for a discount at the register though. I told her to forget it and also take the EDGE card I was buying off because this forum is ruining me and I now see the need for it, lol. She said she would give it to me for $5 if I kept the EDGE card on.

I might have to go back and grab Resistance 2 since I can't seem to find it anywhere else cheap unless i save it for B2G1.

Thanks OP and the rest of CAG members. I truly couldn't have started this mass collection of unplayed games without you.

[quote name='segaplayer']Associates did not mention anything on the phone about the sale, are we sure its nationwide?[/QUOTE]

neither did my store. i called for a price check on one of the games its still at its 54.99 price he said he had no clue about the sale :bomb:

Got Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 and Prince of Persia: Limited Edition for $19.58!
Rainbow Six was only 7.49 after the discount with EDGE and PoP was 12.09.

From the Store I went to seems the EB Website was updated over the weekend for the Monday sale start...so Devil May Cry fro 360 for example is 14.99 after 10$ not before....guess can't expect that good of a deal on newish current gen games....LOL..guess I wait till the buy 2 get 1 sale for some of the newish but old games that I want for cheap...

I was abel to pick up Socom for $14.99 + tax. Not a bad deal I guess. I also saw MK vs DC, LBP and RES: 2 on sale.

Went to two stores at lunch. This is what I picked up.

Project Gotham Racing 3 (360) - $3.19 after Edge card and 50% off.
Prince of Persia (PS3) - $12.09 after Edge card and $5 off bonus.
NCAA Football 2007 (360) - $1.19 after Edge card and 50% off.
Brothers in Arms (360) - $ 6.19 after Edge card and $10 off.
Prototype (360) - $31.49 after Edge card and 20% off Xbox games weekly coupon.

Great deals overall.

Went to my local store at lunch and grabbed:

Prince of Persia (360)
Brothers in Arms (360)
Prey (360)
Rainbow Six Vegas (360)

All for under $29 (including 8.25% tax) ... Sweet

[quote name='drevel']I also saw MK vs DC, LBP and RES: 2 on sale.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking for LBP for awhile, but $40 used is way too much.

Great sale, thanks OP!

I picked up RSV2 & PoP (both PS3). I saw earlier that someone was having problems getting Resistance 2. Don't listen to the employee, just have them ring it up and they'll see it's $34.99. Or you can just point to the flyer they have next to the register.

BTW...I didn't see this mentioned in the OP, but these sale prices end on 8/02. So, now I'm wondering if these prices will be able to stack with the upcoming B2G1??? I might have to do a return/rebuy if that's the case.

[quote name='dino88']Great sale, thanks OP!

I picked up RSV2 & PoP (both PS3). I saw earlier that someone was having problems getting Resistance 2. Don't listen to the employee, just have them ring it up and they'll see it's $34.99. Or you can just point to the flyer they have next to the register.

BTW...I didn't see this mentioned in the OP, but these sale prices end on 8/02. So, now I'm wondering if these prices will be able to stack with the upcoming B2G1??? I might have to do a return/rebuy if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

Did you see anything else of interest in the $10 range for PS3? I was looking for that same reason but really didn't see much.

[quote name='blindside8zao']So, is this just not an online sale for some games? Little Big Planet is still pretty steep online.[/QUOTE]

Once the 15 gets taken off, and you use CAG16, SAVER (if they both stack, I'm not sure if they will), and your edge card, you'll get the game shipped free to your house for $29.59.

If they don't stack, you'll get it for $35.99 and still free shipping. It's not that bad.

[quote name='tripleoptic']Did you see anything else of interest in the $10 range for PS3? I was looking for that same reason but really didn't see much.[/QUOTE]
No, I think RSV2 was the best deal. I was thinking about Brothers in Arms:HH, but then realized that the deal was only for the 360 version. I got lucky with RSV2, it was the last copy.

edit: How are you guys getting these prices online? I didn't see a promo code anywhere? As far as I know, it's only in-store.

[quote name='Taboner']Thanks. I'm trying to find flips for the Amazon deal:/[/QUOTE]

The only decent flips i found for the Amazon deal are Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Is RSV2 for PS3 still $15 off? Online on GS.com, there's two separate listing for the PS3 game, one says its 19.99 used, the other 24.99, so would that make it like $4 something with Edge card if you told the employee their website has it at 19.99?

Worth a try. Anyone?

Edit: Nevermind!, did some research. Noticed this on GS.com: "This is an internet price that is not valid at local stores, while supplies last." Ok, that cleared it for me, will pick up Madden 07 for less than $2 tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
just came back from my local gamestop. picked up pop and rsv2 for 21 bucks woot. i wish they had pop limited though =[

Picked up Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 for 7.50. They didn't have them stickered and the guy didn't know it was part of the deal.

So is it safe to assume that either these deals will be over by the time the B2G1 starts, or they won't work in B2G1 if they're still active?

[quote name='tripleoptic']Did you see anything else of interest in the $10 range for PS3? I was looking for that same reason but really didn't see much.[/QUOTE]
I forgot one. Motorstorm (PS3/used) is the deal of the week for $10. It's not part of this particular deal, so it slipped my mind.

[quote name='mkernan']EDIT: I just did some Googleing and didn't find any hard evidence that the servers had been shut down though. Saw some complaints back in June about not being able to get on, but didn't find any official word on the matter. So, I'd assume they're still available. Could always return within 7 days though if the servers are out of commission.[/QUOTE]

Ended up picking up BF2 for about $6. Tried getting in on a game, but none were available. I've read in a couple of forums that you'll get in a game if you're lucky. If I can't get online within the next seven days, I'll probably take it back. Too bad, had a lot of fun with this one when it first came out.

I ended up getting a Sega Tennis / Arcade comp since the store had no vanilla Sega Tennis that wasn't disc only and mangled.

Apparently the arcade compliation is 5 full arcade games? So that's better than I thought, since I assumed it was just a bunch of demo's. I already own 2 out of the 5 games on it but hell, I only bought it to mess around with Sega Tennis.

[quote name='dino88']I forgot one. Motorstorm (PS3/used) is the deal of the week for $10. It's not part of this particular deal, so it slipped my mind.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah good point... didnt think about that either... I have pacific rift but never played the original... pretty much for free wouldnt be bad

thanks

[quote name='Hyperlancer']So is it safe to assume that either these deals will be over by the time the B2G1 starts, or they won't work in B2G1 if they're still active?[/QUOTE]

You have a week to return it if you need too.

Picked up Pop ps3 for 12.08 also snagged unrelated tales of symphonia for Gc which Ive been looking for so a good trip for me.

Made out pretty well tonight.

Brothers in Arms: HH - $6.19
Soul Calibur IV - $12.49
Prince of Persia - $12.09
Prey - $3.19
Sega Superstar w/ Arcade disc - $3.99
GTA: Vice City - $1.99 (In pristine condition too. I was shocked to see such a normally mangled up dirty game look like it was printed yesterday)

Prices include Edge discount.

Also the clerk at my store didn't know anything about a B2G1 this week. I had big plans for that too, so I hope it turns out to be true.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Made out pretty well tonight.

Brothers in Arms: HH - $6.19
Soul Calibur IV - $12.49
Prince of Persia - $12.09
Prey - $3.19
Sega Superstar w/ Arcade disc - $3.99
GTA: Vice City - $1.99 (In pristine condition too. I was shocked to see such a normally mangled up dirty game look like it was printed yesterday)

Prices include Edge discount.

Also the clerk at my store didn't know anything about a B2G1 this week. I had big plans for that too, so I hope it turns out to be true.[/QUOTE]

Clerk at store I went to had no knowledge also. But from judging by past sales that isn't always the case. Let's hope the clerks are wrong.

How much is GTA IV on the PS3 used? The website lists it at $19.99 and is "an internet price that is not valid at local stores". Is in-store more than that with the $5 off?

i asked a manager at a gamestop what the nintendo wii sale would be, he said it was gonna be 50% off select new mature and teen rated games, not including the conduit..we'll see

[quote name='perdition(troy']Once the 15 gets taken off, and you use CAG16, SAVER (if they both stack, I'm not sure if they will), and your edge card, you'll get the game shipped free to your house for $29.59.

If they don't stack, you'll get it for $35.99 and still free shipping. It's not that bad.[/QUOTE]

Ok, but when does the 15 get taken off? I thought that online the prices were just already applied. LBP is still laster at its normal 55 dollar price. Doesn't it lower it at the very end of check out?

I was going to purchase Sega Superstar Tennis, but all the boxes looked as if they were used to play dominoes off a roof.

[quote name='KongaKing']My store had about 95,000 copies of RSV1 for 360. I picked one up. It was $9ish after 20% off coupon and edge card[/QUOTE]

You do know that it would have been 5.19 after edge card if you didn't apply the coupon. It's 50% off.

I picked up Rainbow 6 Vegas, Sega Superstars and Madded 06, 07, and NCAA Football 07. I didn't have any football games and all three of the sports cost as much as 1 rental. Only one I regret buying is Sega Superstars tennis, put about two hours into it and probably won't touch it again. i'm going tonight to see if I can find Pirates for 360 at another gamesstop.

[quote name='whatup5']You do know that it would have been 5.19 after edge card if you didn't apply the coupon. It's 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I learned that the hard way today with a different discounted game. If you use the coupon, it ignores the other discount, even if it's bigger.

bread's done
Back