Halo 3: ODST - Gen. Discussion & Info

I hate technology.

TWO MOTHERfuckING SETS LEFT IN THE 4TH ROUND AND THE GAME LAGS US OUT FOR NO REASON.

Lame. There goes about 2 hours down the drain but at least we know it's possible. Just... fuck.

If you guys are doing Endure...that seems to be an issue.

I've had people lag out like 3 separate times before finally having everyone stay in and get Endure.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']...

I hate technology.

TWO MOTHERfuckING SETS LEFT IN THE 4TH ROUND AND THE GAME LAGS US OUT FOR NO REASON.

Lame. There goes about 2 hours down the drain but at least we know it's possible. Just... fuck.[/QUOTE]
I thought it was just 200,000 points we needed.
Didn't realize we were so close...
At least we know how and what needs to be done.

Yeah, those choppers are a godsend. Crazy how many we had stockpiled through most of the game. I've only done...I guess 3 maps now, but of those 3, Lost Platoon seems to be the easiest. The other two being rally point and...I forget what it's called. Starts with a C and has a day and night version iirc.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']...

I hate technology.

Lame. There goes about 2 hours down the drain but at least we know it's possible. Just... fuck.[/QUOTE]

I still can't believe it myself. 2 hours - GONE. Granted, I had a lot of fun, blowing up wraiths and sniping countless grunts and jackals with my pistol, but come on... knowing that this is not an uncommon issue really kills my desire to play.

I'm not sure when we'll mentally be able to. :razz:

But yeah, if we start no later than 6 or 7 (I need to take a prework nap around 10 ish if I can), I'm down.

Considering how far we'd gotten on only our second attempt there is no way in HELL I'm going to give up now. The game literally OWES us a damn victory. I mean god damn... at one point we had at least 5+ Choppers stockpiled on the main steps so 90% of the enemies who couldn't fly had to flank to get to Swift. Well... assuming there were any left for him to kill once we all found a chopper of our own in the first place!

I'm going to get that damn achievement no matter how long it takes. Sadly between work and other priorities weekend afternoons and evenings are a dead end so I can't free up some time until next Monday. If any of you guys grow bored of the Reach beta next week then PLEASE send me an invite. I will show up guaranteed.

I did Endure months back with a group on the ONI Alpha Site map; enemies can only come from two directions and there are no vehicles to worry about. I'd recommend using that next time you guys make an Endure run, rather than Lost Platoon.

I just got this yesterday through the magic giveaway. I was disappointed to find out that there's no matchmaking for Firefight since none of my friends have this and I was really looking forward to the mode...so if anyone needs a fourth tomorrow night please PM me. I'm pretty sure I'll be available later in the evening.

[quote name='Pirate331']I did Endure months back with a group on the ONI Alpha Site map; enemies can only come from two directions and there are no vehicles to worry about. I'd recommend using that next time you guys make an Endure run, rather than Lost Platoon.[/QUOTE]

thats the truth. oni alpha endure takes just about 2 hours. really not bad if you play smart.

I was able to track down a beta code but don't own ODST... does anyone know if I can still get on somehow without the disc?

[quote name='faceturd']I was able to track down a beta code but don't own ODST... does anyone know if I can still get on somehow without the disc?[/QUOTE]
if you have a beta code, you do not need odst

Hey. I just picked up this game and I was wondering if anyone wanted to play though the campaign with me. All my friends that have this game have already beat the campaign and they just want to play online. Just send me a friend request or message on Xbox Live. Thanks

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Considering how far we'd gotten on only our second attempt there is no way in HELL I'm going to give up now. The game literally OWES us a damn victory. I mean god damn... at one point we had at least 5+ Choppers stockpiled on the main steps so 90% of the enemies who couldn't fly had to flank to get to Swift. Well... assuming there were any left for him to kill once we all found a chopper of our own in the first place!

I'm going to get that damn achievement no matter how long it takes. Sadly between work and other priorities weekend afternoons and evenings are a dead end so I can't free up some time until next Monday. If any of you guys grow bored of the Reach beta next week then PLEASE send me an invite. I will show up guaranteed.[/QUOTE]
I'm good with giving it another shot.
Just let me know when, although as of next weekend I can only play during the day or weekends for the near future.
[quote name='hufferstl']Anyone up for one of these? I think I only have security zone, alpha site and rally point.[/QUOTE]
I'm good with those. Send me an invite and let me know when you want to play.

I also wouldn't mind going through the game on legendary. Not all in 1 shot, but maybe an "episode/level" at a time.
I"ll be on later tonight at around 7-8pm EST.

I'll be on for the next several hours if anyone needs an extra for firefight or leg. campaign. I really haven't played much of either, but I'm ready to game. Gamertag should be over to the left, msg me here or on live.

I wasn't able to get on last night, but I still really want to do Legendary co-op both for the achievements, as well as the fact that I have not finished the story.

[quote name='Matt Young']I wasn't able to get on last night, but I still really want to do Legendary co-op both for the achievements, as well as the fact that I have not finished the story.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't mind helping you with Legendary sometime this week if tomorrow isn't good for you. Hit me up any time you want man.

[quote name='Matt Young']Thanks. We will need 2 others, though. I doubt we can beat Legendary on our own.[/QUOTE]

honestly, I thought it wasnt much trouble at all. much easier than other games on legendary/insane/etc.

Yeah, Legendary was definitely not much of a hassle. It's really all about, like most "hardest" difficulties, being patient and making sure you're prepared for a particular fight.

Really? Because, as I mentioned before, I got to an impassible point (impassable given my circumstances, anyway) on Normal where there were several drop ships and no health packs, with no way to go back to the last area. I was overrun quickly and repeatedly. I think it was the level that starts off with you on a tank. I haven't played Campaign since.

I can't compare it to the other games, since I never beat Halo 1 on Legendary (no online/no friends interested in playing it... could you even do co-op?), and Halo 3, I finished on Legendary with 4 other people each time. I think I beat Halo 2 on Legendary... but wasn't that only 2 man co-op?

ODST Legendary works with just 2 people if one of them is capable. (My friend likes to play ODST on Legendary by himself)

We skipped the last mission because we both already did it for the achievement.

I would be up for joining in on some legendary coop at some point, since I still have to finish the game anyways, but be aware that I suck VERY badly at this game. I was able to get through legendary coop on Halo 3, but this game I am just terrible at lol.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, Legendary was definitely not much of a hassle. It's really all about, like most "hardest" difficulties, being patient and making sure you're prepared for a particular fight.[/QUOTE]
I'd have to agree with this.
I remember I spent a lot of time sneaking around waiting for my health to recharge and picking people off from a distance. In some case I would sneak right by enemies.
This was on heroic, not legendary though.
[quote name='Matt Young']Well, see, I haven't played much of Halo for about 2 years now. So, I kind of suck.[/QUOTE]
If you need an extra person let me know. I'd try w/ at least 2 other players, but not with just 1 other person. I suck. lol

[quote name='A Happy Panda']You can just do chapter select for the Legendary achievement right?

No need to play in the hub world at all?[/QUOTE]

yeah i believe as long as you go to the chapter select and ech has the completed on legendary icon, youd get it.
I remember there was some achievements you didnt get if you stopped playign and resumed through the level select, cant recall which.

[quote name='Matt Young']Please do join us. Not sure what Ink's schedule is like, but you guys are both good. I think we could do it.[/QUOTE]
Well I'll be on tonight after 5:30EST. Send me an invite. I'll be fine with doing a chapter or 2 tonight. But the whole game is too much to do in 1 sitting.
[quote name='Matt Young']I would still like to see the cut scenes and all that jazz that occurs when you discover items that lead to the flashbacks.[/QUOTE]
Sounds good.

Got the Halo Beta, but can't connect. Says server is down.
Oh well...

Man, it had better not be down. I barely got to play all weekend, and now that my friends have the beta, it would suck if it crashed.

[quote name='Matt Young']Man, it had better not be down. I barely got to play all weekend, and now that my friends have the beta, it would suck if it crashed.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually counting on it crashing. When servers went down for a couple hours during the Halo 3 beta, Bungie gave us an extra week.

I just got this in the mail from the MS promotion so if anyone want's to play campaign on legendary, add me. My GT is orbit19

I'm down for tomorrow if we can get a full squad. After a few hours yesterday I'm already sort of spent with the Reach beta and Metro 2033 has an irritating learning curve to say the least. Either that or the hit detection really is as off as I think it is. ;\

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I'm down for tomorrow if we can get a full squad. After a few hours yesterday I'm already sort of spent with the Reach beta and Metro 2033 has an irritating learning curve to say the least. Either that or the hit detection really is as off as I think it is. ;\[/QUOTE]
FF or campaign?
I wouldn't mind getting that damn vidmaster achievement... but i'm good either way...

bread's done
Back