Infamous Second Son OT

Less than 48 hours to go. :whee:

iFomudsmmy1QE.gif

Started up Infamous 2 yesterday. Just caught up on the story from the first from Wikipedia and the video above (thanks for posting Gamer4life88!).

I'm loving it, and thus am stoked from Second Son now given how amazing it looks. I wont' buy it right away as I'll want to play some other stuff after Infamous 2, but I'll get it in the next couple months probably (definitely if there's a sale on it somewhere).
I was planning on playing through infamous 2 again but I never got around to it. Its such a great game though, definitely on my top ten list for last gen.

I almost never play video games any more, but I'm thinking about buying a PS4 (again) just for this game. If only it would have been a launch title like it was supposed to be...

Very solid reviews overall and pretty much in line with what I expected. I already got my pick up email from BB so I'm all set for tomorrow. The only thing that sucks is having to wait until after work to get it. :whistle2:(

Destructoid 9.5

http://www.destructoid.com/review-infamous-second-son-271871.phtml?nav=mobile&mode=mobile

EGM 9

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/egm-review-infamous-second-son/#

IGN 8.7

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/20/infamous-second-son-review

Polygon 8.5 :shock:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/20/5527678/infamous-second-son-review-drain-you

gametrailers 8.8

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/p5cokx/infamous--second-son-review

GiantBomb 4/5

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/infamous-second-son-review/1900-635/

Last edited by a moderator:
Very solid reviews overall and pretty much in line with what I expected. I already got my pick up email from BB so I'm all set for tomorrow. The only thing that sucks is having to wait until after work to get it. :whistle2:(

EGM 9

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/egm-review-infamous-second-son/#

IGN 8.7

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/20/infamous-second-son-review

Polygon 8.5 :shock:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/20/5527678/infamous-second-son-review-drain-you

gametrailers 8.8

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/p5cokx/infamous--second-son-review

GiantBomb 4/5

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/infamous-second-son-review/1900-635/
I'm right with you. I've got the text yesterday from GS and I'm ready to play it now. Too bad I have to wait until I get off of work. I made that same face for the Polygon review.

Screw it, went ahead and preordered at Amazon to make sure I get the extra missions etc. I'm loving the second and not getting burnt out on it at all even with taking my time and doing all the side quests (not the user created ones though, turned those off).

I'll at least play Killzone Shadow Fall before starting this up to get a little inFAMOUS break though. :D

Screw it, went ahead and preordered at Amazon to make sure I get the extra missions etc. I'm loving the second and not getting burnt out on it at all even with taking my time and doing all the side quests (not the user created ones though, turned those off).

I'll at least play Killzone Shadow Fall before starting this up to get a little inFAMOUS break though. :D
the extra missions are being unlock weekly. So good chance by the time you play it they will al be unlocked.

I didn't even know the main character was Indian before I read these reviews. The trailers had him looking like a douchey white guy. A lot of people thought he was even more annoying than new Dante. 

lol I caved and preordered last night at BB. The hype train got me!

lol I caved and preordered last night at BB. The hype train got me!
It wasn't so much hype for me as it is that I'm loving Infamous 2, and want those preorder only missions (sure they'll go up on PSN store later, but no point in having to pay for them) that fill in some of the story gap between the end of it and the start of Second Son.

Just preordered instore at bestbuy for the LE before they closed. Hopefully they got extra LEs to sell or i would be taking someone else's allocation 1st thing tom. Sorry in advance. Hehe!

about to pick it up in 10 min. debating whether I would twitch it for my friends who are up all night like me due to shite jobs.

Im in love with digital games. My ps3 got me started. Its now in a closet completely out of site. The ps4 will be out of sight as well as soon as it doesnt look awesome lol

I picked up my CE earlier, and while its not as good as infamous 2 CE Im happy I bought it. It has a reversible cover art so those who aren't fans of the hand print cover can switch it. Mine also came with a extra pin, I got 9 instead of 8 lol

question is how fast can you trade it in with the 15 missions being unlocked weekly. I really wonder how many missions will unlock per week. It's great they are doing all this for free but makes me wonder if they are trying to get people from trading in the game so they buy/play dlc later on.

I've been enjoying the game since getting my CE this morning. Started off on Expert and going for good karma. It didn't take long for me unlock sulfur headshots and then knockout headshots. This makes the game even more easy if you know how to aim. ;)

This game if freaking gorgeous, holy shit. I find myself just standing and looking around, my god. The gameplay feels tight as well, I love traversing the city. I just have smoke so far and I love it. I cant wait to see what the other powers are. I'm also liking Delsin a lot more then I thought I would.

Also, I'm debating on whether or not I should put my decal on the non glossy side of my PS4. Just that black one, don't know if thats a good idea or not.

I am really enjoying the game.  It fills all those collector quirks I have so needless to say I've been going around getting every shard & doing every side objective before moving on with the story.

Is the ability to connect your Paper Trail account somewhere in the start menu options?  I jumped right in the game so I didn't really notice.

This game if freaking gorgeous, holy shit. I find myself just standing and looking around, my god. The gameplay feels tight as well, I love traversing the city. I just have smoke so far and I love it. I cant wait to see what the other powers are. I'm also liking Delsin a lot more then I thought I would.

Also, I'm debating on whether or not I should put my decal on the non glossy side of my PS4. Just that black one, don't know if thats a good idea or not.
If you dont like it there is always goo gone.

Picked up my copy at 10am this morning, still havent booted it up yet. Basketball and wifes birthday make for a crappy release day.

On a happy side note, Puke got beat by Mercer and watching that was worth not playing this game yet.

Well BB refunded the 11.56 I payed out of pocket after using a gift card for the inconvenience of it not getting to me on release day.  I may just go buy a copy this weekend and then return it, but I am afraid with the differences in the limited edition...

For those that went to their local store... Hows stock at bestbuy instore? Do they have exta CE for sale? Hehe! Picking up my LE later hoping theres some CEs available so i can switch. Also have to make a return rebuy on MGS so i can get that sweet $15 gift card.

For those that went to their local store... Hows stock at bestbuy instore? Do they have exta CE for sale? Hehe! Picking up my LE later hoping theres some CEs available so i can switch. Also have to make a return rebuy on MGS so i can get that sweet $15 gift card.
I didnt look at actual stock but at the pick up counter they had a stack of infamous, prolly 15 or so. There was a guy picking up a CE order, but no idea on actual stock as didnt look.

Well BB refunded the 11.56 I payed out of pocket after using a gift card for the inconvenience of it not getting to me on release day. I may just go buy a copy this weekend and then return it, but I am afraid with the differences in the limited edition...
From what I can tell, all the first run is limited edition. Kinda like MOH limited edition etc.

I think you will be good on your buy return idea.

From what I can tell, all the first run is limited edition. Kinda like MOH limited edition etc.

I think you will be good on your buy return idea.
Yea I think I may go Sunday, busy day tomorrow and I'm going to a hockey game tonight... I CAN'T wait any longer for next gen

Well BB refunded the 11.56 I payed out of pocket after using a gift card for the inconvenience of it not getting to me on release day. I may just go buy a copy this weekend and then return it, but I am afraid with the differences in the limited edition...
did you order online or in-store? I may contact them if it was online I'm pretty steamed I wont get this till Tuesday.

sorry for wait, but I got infamous in mail today, DLC: 4 vests!

idk wtf the vests do or what they are for, but they emailed them to me this morning and then the game was in my mailbox afternoon

its freaking AMAZING, best infamous yet, obviously

ok now, a lil more

I played it and the mechanics are excellent, very good use of ds4/touchpad/movement, and the control of movement is the best for infamous yet, its like an upgraded infamous 2.

fluid graphics, nice powers, they are similar, but ist not electricity, its like smoke and fire. instead of shocking, he shoots fireballs, and he also flies like cole hovered, he can also pass through solid objects as smoke

recharging power is the same, cars and smoke sources.

all in all, its infamous through and through, with a modernized twist. I think its good they switched it up a lil bit, still very reminiscent of infamous for ps3 but it has its own elements.

this guy also seems to be able to absorb/mimic other peoples powers (bio terrorists they call em), like this bad guy , actually a lady, can turn u into rocks, and the main character (I forgot his name) said he wants to get it from her

u have the same villain/hero choices, and the powers grow same way...

biggest difference is you aren't killing those weird hooded guys, they are military guys with guns

quite difficult I think, so far its definitely a 9, if its as good and gets better, I think we got the first 10/10 for ps4

Oh, btw, mine is the limited edition. what's this all about returning it? I didn't understand what was said?
Best buy is currently having buy 2 next gen games get $15 GC. People who bought next gen games this week like metal gear ground zero last tuesday are trying to the get the GC when they pick up infamous today.

With the assumption that if they the bought metal gear and infamous just now, theyll get the GC. But since they bought mgs on tuesday, they lose out on the GC unless they buy another next gen game

Managed to grab two of the three powers before stopping and going for the collectibles. I was kind of surprised to see 51% completed in the story when I saved, lol.  :)

Went to two Gamestops this morning looking for this, and both told me they only got enough copies to cover pre orders. wtf is that? So I just went to Wal-Mart and got it instead. Why the hell would Gamestop of all places, not get extra copies of the first must have PS4 exclusive? Oh well, their loss I guess...

Best buy is currently having buy 2 next gen games get $15 GC. People who bought next gen games this week like metal gear ground zero last tuesday are trying to the get the GC when they pick up infamous today.

With the assumption that if they the bought metal gear and infamous just now, theyll get the GC. But since they bought mgs on tuesday, they lose out on the GC unless they buy another next gen game
no, what people are wondering is if they can get the buy 2 get $15 GC deal without losing the Infamous preorder bonuses.

Went to two Gamestops this morning looking for this, and both told me they only got enough copies to cover pre orders. wtf is that? So I just went to Wal-Mart and got it instead. Why the hell would Gamestop of all places, not get extra copies of the first must have PS4 exclusive? Oh well, their loss I guess...
Funny. Mine said the same thing. He told me I was lucky I reserved. I felt like saying I could go across the street to Best Buy or Wal-Mart and there would be a bunch of copies. I hate it when they make it seem like pre-ordering is the only way to go.

I never played infamoud before today. I just really needed a true next gen game. I like it a lot. Very pretty to look at and the controls are fun. But the pretty city is so pointless. You cant go in anywhere and the public are really really dumb. I love blowing up an armored car and watch the traffic jam it creates because nobody goes around lol.
Anyone remember "Crackdown" on 360? I feel like Im playing that again lol although SS has better visuals and an actual story. Still if I learn to throw cars Im gonna laugh! 7 outta 10 as of right now.

I never played infamoud before today. I just really needed a true next gen game. I like it a lot. Very pretty to look at and the controls are fun. But the pretty city is so pointless. You cant go in anywhere and the public are really really dumb. I love blowing up an armored car and watch the traffic jam it creates because nobody goes around lol.
Anyone remember "Crackdown" on 360? I feel like Im playing that again lol although SS has better visuals and an actual story. Still if I learn to throw cars Im gonna laugh! 7 outta 10 as of right now.
infamous was never really abou going into buildings so not shocked you cant in this game. only thing i can see about this game by watching streams is that the map is small then what i figured a next gen game is like plus it's a poor remake of seattle other then couple big land marks. they should have did fake city name like past games reading chat in twitch streams people are thinking that's what seattle looks like small.

bread's done
Back