Infamous Second Son OT

oh i did not mean to bash them for that number it's fantastic for new system only game. i met to say i expect it to be higher at launch seeing 5 million ps4's have been sold. I'm sure the first months number will at least double that.  i would not really compare gow3 to second son sale numbers seeing ps3 list of games was much more then ps4 right now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i did not mean to bash them for that number it's fantastic for new system only game. i met to say i expect it to be higher at launch seeing 5 million ps4's have been sold. I'm sure the first months number will at least double that. i would not really compare gow3 to second son sale numbers seeing ps3 list of games was much more then ps4 right now.
The fanbase just isn't there for such a game to move those kinds of numbers. Just because the PS4 is selling incredibly well doesn't mean that Infamous SS will sell like COD all of a sudden. I fully expect Titanfall will outsell it given the genre but that doesn't take anything away from Infamous SS. Also, the reason I compared it to GOW3 is because it was one of the bigger PS3 releases.

The fanbase just isn't there for such a game to move those kinds of numbers. Just because the PS4 is selling incredibly well doesn't mean that Infamous SS will sell like COD all of a sudden. I fully expect Titanfall will outsell it given the genre but that doesn't take anything away from Infamous SS. Also, the reason I compared it to GOW3 is because it was one of the bigger PS3 releases.
I don't know but it seems like Infamous Second Son is outselling Titanfall right now given that we haven't heard any news about Titanfall sales number. I am sure Titanfall numbers are selling well but not well enough in the eyes of EA or Microsoft to make any sales announcement yet.

I just crossed the bridge and have taken two boss fights and 4 dup control centers pretty easily. I actually paused and made sure it was still on expert lol

Doesn't matter... as long as they were bought in the first place they still made how ever much a million copy gets... and that is pretty darn good, not to mention that it doubled PS4 sales in the UK alone!

Good try though...
I wasn't "trying" anything lol I enjoyed the game a lot. Just thought it'd be interesting to see the trade-in numbers too.

Just beat my Expert good (1st) playthrough last night - a few hidden cameras away from 100%. I definitely enjoyed the game but something felt a little...I don't know how to put it..."hollow" compared to the first two games in the series to me. It still felt like an Infamous game, just even more repetitive and the scope didn't feel nearly as epic as the other entries to me (Kessler and The Beast  compared to Augustine was a huge downgrade, imho). I still think the original had the best mix of story, gameplay, and entertainment factor for me, not to mention the great novelty factor.

Speaking of earlier games in the series, I never entered my code for the Cole's Legacy DLC. Does anybody know if I were to put the code in if the missions would still appear on my current save file with the game already beaten? I would assume it would (and I may just do an Evil playthrough, anyways, rendering the point moot).

I've never traded in a game before, but am seriously contemplating trading this in for Rayman Legends. Debating if I want to squeeze in an evil playthrough this week and get the Platinum Trophy. Hmm....

So, I just finished and I'll be doing an evil/expert run shortly. I'm kind of torn. On one hand, I agree with @darkcecil32 that the story and missions are hollow. Perfect description. The scope of the first two games just isn't present and there's hardly any sense of conflict or urgency. I definitely prefer Cole to Delsin. Augustine was appropriately chilling, though. It's a tossup between the supporting characters - couldn't stand Zeke or Trish, but at least we got to know them (unlike Fetch & Eugene).

With that said, this is easily the most fun I've had with the series. Traversal is a blast. The powers are imaginative and fun to use. I think they nailed gameplay. The game is just so freaking gorgeous and colorful - I never imagined I'd think that about an Infamous game. Could SP have done more? Absolutely. They've got to step it up with mission design, enemy variety and story. But they created an admirable foundation so I'll give those a pass...for now.

Anyone else think Augestine and Fetch looked to much alike? Also the expert run was way to easy after I got rolling. Several times I paused to (discount)double check to make sure  it was set to expert. I had enough shards to power up both concrete damage reduction perks and that made even the last battle pretty meaningless. I really hope there is real DLC coming! Lots of potential left.

What are the TF numbers? Obviously they did not surpass expectations or they would have made them public by now.
MS screwed its customers giving TF game free with a xbox1 console priced at 449. If i was xb1 early adopter id feel really pissed and not even buy TF til its $10.

Bought TF for 30 played for a week got boring so I sold it for 40 to BB. The only thing I put time into is KI had PS gotten it I doubt I would have shelled out the money to get a One. Especially with their new CEO having no idea of what to do with it.  But that here nor there.

I have been watching my friends play the paper trail stuff and I think when all is said and done that is the most exciting part of all of this game for me.  

Played through part 4 of paper trail. I hope they do give you the paper power when all is said and done, as I don't find this stuff all that enjoyable. I just look up what I can and suffer through the stuff you have to do on your own to get unique numbers to enter etc. more or less. Some of the online stuff is interesting I guess, but the hexagon puzzle in part 3, and sorting out the shredded card in part 4 wasn't much fun.

Paper as a power? Hmmm. Sounds interesting, but where would you do re-fills for that?

MS screwed its customers giving TF game free with a xbox1 console priced at 449. If i was xb1 early adopter id feel really pissed and not even buy TF til its $10.
Such is the life of an early adopter, man. If I was an X1 owner I'd be hoping they did everything to get it in more people's hands. The only reason I don't think they've released Titanfall numbers is so they can include 360's.

What are the TF numbers? Obviously they did not surpass expectations or they would have made them public by now.
why do you think what i said was trolling comment it was not. i just wonder what people are playing that the install base for 2nd son was not bigger. Seems like alot of ps4 buyers since launch got it to have it and now it's collecting dust if they don't buy 2nd son. Same can be said for xbox one owners other then tf/ surprise hit plants vs zombies. i will admit at this point im regretting jumping into this next gen so fast.

Paper as a power? Hmmm. Sounds interesting, but where would you do re-fills for that?

Such is the life of an early adopter, man. If I was an X1 owner I'd be hoping they did everything to get it in more people's hands. The only reason I don't think they've released sales numbers is so they include 360's.
There are mail boxes and newspaper vending machines everywhere that send paper flying when attacked. As much as I'm enjoying the Paper Trail stuff itself, it would be pretty lame of SP not to give you the paper power at the end of it.

why? early adopters should never get upset anything that happens after launch with systems. Would ps4 launch buyers be upset if some reason ps4 had free game included at some point this year? For the extra couple months i had my new system i got my money worth in my opinion.

why do you think what i said was trolling comment it was not. i just wonder what people are playing that the install base for 2nd son was not bigger. Seems like alot of ps4 buyers since launch got it to have it and now it's collecting dust if they don't buy 2nd son. Same can be said for xbox one owners other then tf/ surprise hit plants vs zombies. i will admit at this point im regretting jumping into this next gen so fast.
Ever think second son is not a game every single ps4 owner would be interested in? You try and make the most senseless arguments. Maybe people are playing any of the other 30-40 releases on the ps4...

why? early adopters should never get upset anything that happens after launch with systems. Would ps4 launch buyers be upset if some reason ps4 had free game included at some point this year? For the extra couple months i had my new system i got my money worth in my opinion.
At some point this year? No. But a few months after your launch, with your supposed killer app? The game that all the early adopters bought the console for? And then cut the price by 50 bucks?

Yea, id be a little upset. 100 bucks is 100 bucks, even if I got the console before people who bought the bundle.

God your arguments are always so terrible.

Finally found some time this weekend to finish the game (Hero-100%). Fun game, amazing graphics. My only two complaints would be that 1)the story was a bit of a letdown compared to Infamous 1 and 2 and 2)that the world felt a bit dull/barren. Also, we could have used more Zeke. Other than that excellent game.

I don't know but it seems like Infamous Second Son is outselling Titanfall right now given that we haven't heard any news about Titanfall sales number. I am sure Titanfall numbers are selling well but not well enough in the eyes of EA or Microsoft to make any sales announcement yet.
I would be pleasantly surprised if this was the case. Either way we'll find out soon enough.

Finally found some time this weekend to finish the game (Hero-100%). Fun game, amazing graphics. My only two complaints would be that 1)the story was a bit of a letdown compared to Infamous 1 and 2 and 2)that the world felt a bit dull/barren. Also, we could have used more Zeke. Other than that excellent game.

I would be pleasantly surprised if this was the case. Either way we'll find out soon enough.
I think what he means though is strictly next gen sales. But I also wonder what the bundle numbers will bring and the possibility that PS4 might have made more money. I mean buying a PS4 and Infamous would come to 460, while and Xbox one with Titanfall was $450?

But I am sure both companies will spin it to make them look better... I.E. MS only releasing the amount sold over all platforms and not saying just how next gen was or PC.

Ever think second son is not a game every single ps4 owner would be interested in? You try and make the most senseless arguments. Maybe people are playing any of the other 30-40 releases on the ps4...

At some point this year? No. But a few months after your launch, with your supposed killer app? The game that all the early adopters bought the console for? And then cut the price by 50 bucks?

Yea, id be a little upset. 100 bucks is 100 bucks, even if I got the console before people who bought the bundle.

God your arguments are always so terrible.
you counting indie games in a games worth having next gen system for is not terrible? most early adapters on this site already said they don't mind the bundle seeing it gets more people having the system.

you counting indie games in a games worth having next gen system for is not terrible? most early adapters on this site already said they don't mind the bundle seeing it gets more people having the system.
Thats just the number of games at 1080p.

How many games does the xbone have that are 1080p?

I unplugged my xbox one last week because I couldn't justify the electricity it was wasting on standby mode. I have had the xbone, forza5 and extra controller on CL for 3 weeks for 400 with no inquiries.(except a guy who wanted me to mail it to Afghanistan)

Infamous vs titanfall sales numbers. And the war is over. And I changed sides, thats why I have an xb1.
lol, the "war" is over? Why can't people just enjoy what they like? One console will have to sell better than the other - that's how these things work. I certainly wouldn't allow it to dictate which games I played.

I highly doubt Infamous will do Titanfall numbers, but anything is possible, I guess.

Thats just the number of games at 1080p.

How many games does the xbone have that are 1080p?
Once again you think I'm trolling when in not. But it's pointless to argue with you. You need to stop thinking everything I say is trolling. I have not trolled ps4 in what a month or so. All I said here was that for the install base ps4 had the numbers for second son is lower then I expected which is a opinion.

lol, the "war" is over? Why can't people just enjoy what they like? One console will have to sell better than the other - that's how these things work. I certainly wouldn't allow it to dictate which games I played.

I highly doubt Infamous will do Titanfall numbers, but anything is possible, I guess.
If titanfall numbers were strong... they'd have been released by now.

I would hope that PC + 360 + X1 sales for Titanfall would be > then PS4 sales for Infamous.... but without a doubt PS4 sales of Infamous are stronger then X1 sales of Titanfall globally.

MS probably won't release sales numbers but will come up with some "LOL" statistic like "X" million hours logged since launch!

Sadly that's not possible on this site. I gave up trying to give my opinions on main ps4 page seeing just got based. People will like what they like so just play what you like and don't fight about it.

I would hope that PC + 360 + X1 sales for Titanfall would be > then PS4 sales for Infamous.... but without a doubt PS4 sales of Infamous are stronger then X1 sales of Titanfall globally.

MS probably won't release sales numbers but will come up with some "LOL" statistic like "X" million hours logged since launch!
We should at least get NPD numbers soon for sales in the US though.

What's EA going to say? "We sold a million or two million copies WW". Those numbers pail in comparison to COD or even BF4. The NPD numbers will be out Thursday and even if it turns out that Titanfall is the best selling X1 game to date it will still be considered a disappointment when compared to its true competitors.

DISCLAIMER: I've played and continue to play Titanfall (X1) and really enjoy the game but IMO it did not have the same impact as COD4 which is what both Microsoft and EA were hoping for.

I just started up Second Son and have to agree with a lot of you in here. The game is fun to play, but it looks like it will soon get pretty repetitive like its predecessors. And that will be a little bit more of a problem since the characters/story aren't as good. As long as it remains fun though, its all good.

What's EA going to say? "We sold a million or two million copies WW". Those numbers pail in comparison to COD or even BF4. The NPD numbers will be out Thursday and even if it turns out that Titanfall is the best selling X1 game to date it will still be considered a disappointment when compared to its true competitors.

DISCLAIMER: I've played and continue to play Titanfall (X1) and really enjoy the game but IMO it did not have the same impact as COD4 which is what both Microsoft and EA were hoping for.
I agree and I doudt I will be buying any dlc for it. I get board after couple matches. Other then bf4 titanfall is most disappointed game since launch.

I hope destiny Is good but I feel it will be yet another halo type game like titanfall is cod under new skin.

I agree and I doudt I will be buying any dlc for it. I get board after couple matches. Other then bf4 titanfall is most disappointed game since launch. I hope destiny Is good but I feel it will be yet another halo type game like titanfall is cod under new skin.
Hey at least it works which is more than you can say for BF4 or Ghosts. I actually really like Titanfall but at the end of the day it didn't revolutionize the FPS genre as it was billed. Looking forward to the new modes. I think your enjoyment of Destiny will greatly depend on who you are playing the game with. Hopefully there will be a CAG group for it. I'm certainly looking forward to it. If nothing else Bungie always delivers a fun experience.

Hey at least it works which is more than you can say for BF4 or Ghosts. I actually really like Titanfall but at the end of the day it didn't revolutionize the FPS genre as it was billed. Looking forward to the new modes. I think your enjoyment of Destiny will be greatly depend on who you are playing the game with. Hopefully there will be a CAG group for it. I'm certainly looking forward to it. If nothing else Bungie always delivers a fun experience.
i think for me im so burnt out on fps. I was thinking titanfall would make me feel other then burnt out at first it did now im burnt out again.

I vaguely discuss the third and fourth powers. So if you don't want them revealed, skip!!

Beat it on evil/expert last night. Not bad at all. I focused on video. Then neon. Didn't even touch smoke. It's funny because I initially thought video was weak as hell, but once upgraded it's arguably the most powerful. The demons you summon during invisibility are a big help. I saved a few shards for the last battle so I could upgrading the concrete missile. Made it go a lot faster. Overall I just greatly prefer to play on evil.

So, now...it's on to clearing out the rest of the districts. I never really enjoyed the collect-o-thon part about Infamous games but at least they're clearly labeled on the map.

Got the platinum yesterday...which is an extreme rarity for me. Most of the trophies come naturally through 2 playthroughs. Clearing the districts was sooo freaking monotonous, though. Btw, when you fully level up the last power you become damn near invincible, lol. No wonder it was available only post-game.

Sorry for the triple post, lol. So w/ last week's update SP added a new photo mode with a suite of options. Some of the stuff people have captured has been breathtaking. Despite its few gameplay flaws, SS is easily the best looking ps4 game out right now. Crazy considering Infamous has never been celebrated for its looks.

Some of what's been posted over at gaf. The first and third are uncompressed photos.

IMG_0094.JPG

BldxwbFIEAAyOGk.jpg

1PuQhmH.jpg

Beat the game over the weekend, cleared all the districts, got the blast shards.. pretty much completed everything except expert mode and the evil story mode.  Not sure if I want to play it again to get the plat, may wait and jump on it later on down the road.

Sorry for the triple post, lol. So w/ last week's update SP added a new photo mode with a suite of options. Some of the stuff people have captured has been breathtaking. Despite its few gameplay flaws, SS is easily the best looking ps4 game out right now. Crazy considering Infamous has never been celebrated for its looks.

Some of what's been posted over at gaf. The first and third are uncompressed photos.

IMG_0094.JPG

BldxwbFIEAAyOGk.jpg

1PuQhmH.jpg
Holy fuck, those are awesome.

Think I'm going to trade this in today while it's still getting $40 and put it toward preordering The Show.

I just don't have the patience for the stupid online puzzles in Papertrail anymore, and have no desire to do an evil playthrough anytime soon. Maybe I'll do one down the road when this finds its way to PS+.

I think I'm in the same boat.  I started an evil playthrough today after finishing hero mode 100% a couple weeks ago and I just wasn't feeling it.  Considering I only paid $43 in the first place, a trade-in value of $41 at Best Buy sounds pretty good right now.

Think I'm going to trade this in today while it's still getting $40 and put it toward preordering The Show.

I just don't have the patience for the stupid online puzzles in Papertrail anymore, and have no desire to do an evil playthrough anytime soon. Maybe I'll do one down the road when this finds its way to PS+.
I think I'm in the same boat. I started an evil playthrough today after finishing hero mode 100% a couple weeks ago and I just wasn't feeling it. Considering I only paid $43 in the first place, a trade-in value of $41 at Best Buy sounds pretty good right now.
I can't fault you guys for wanting to take a break between playthroughs. Barring a few differences in dialogue and power upgrades, it's the exact same shit. And you can't skip cut scenes, lol. The only advantage is that you know what to expect (boss patterns etc.) so it goes much quicker. Evil also lends itself to a more carefree style so there's that as well.

Today is the last day to trade in for $40 at Gamestop

Wal-Mart is also at $40 (note: you can lock this price in through the website for 7 days)

BBY is also ~40. They are closed today, however.

I have completed this game good and evil. 100% on good with a plat. There is so much more that could be done as dlc. I mean concrete is awesome but the games over when you get it. Please get down wih the DLC.

I have completed this game good and evil. 100% on good with a plat. There is so much more that could be done as dlc. I mean concrete is awesome but the games over when you get it. Please get down wih the DLC.
You might want to spoiler some of this, but I agree DLC with new powers would be awesome.

With the size of the bluray, SP probably has data on it for dlc already. Just hope if they do release with dlcs that its not gona be expensive.

They may just make paid DLC standalone like they did with Infamous 2 and the Festival of Blood DLC.

I played Infamous 2 and Second Son back to back so I'm pretty burnt out on the series. Any dlc is just buy down the road if the main game hits PS+ since I did end up trading it in this morning.

Standalone DLC would be great. I'll be definitely on board for it. The last power really is underutilized.   Assuming there is a sequel, any word on which story ending they're going with (good or evil)? Guessing good since that's what people overwhelmingly choose.

bread's done
Back