Infamous Second Son OT

I've been loving the game so far. I wish I had sprung for the Collectors Edition. I don't say that often but with this game it would have been worth it.

LOL what are the odds. LOL man I wish I could happen on a deal like that.
Just check gamestop.com a couple of times a day withing your zip code. That's what I did, nothing within 100 miles yesterday morning, checked again around 6pm and there was 1. Do the pick up at store option and wait for email to say pick it up. I think I've only gotten burned twice with emails saying they couldnt find my product.

I've never spammed the screenshot button so much in my life, haha. I've been having so much fun just traveling through the city getting all the collectibles. Going through one of the smokes vents never gets old. Combat is also very satisfying. Car boost, smoke dash then comet drop is my shit lol I just unlocked neon last night so I cant wait to play around with it later today.

I played the first few missions yesterday. Man that game is pretty and fun as hell. So far I freed control from D.U.P. in Queen Annie. When I get home from work, I'm just going to focus on the missions. 

Played for a few hours now. Love it so far minus a couple of minor gripes. Climbing for me is a pain, should work more like AC but its not that big a deal.

Only done a couple of missions so far, still only have smoke, but overall having a blast with it. The map is pretty big once you realize there is another section to the south, didnt notice that until just a few minutes ago.

Very good looking game, mocap on faces during cutscenes is pretty stellar. Mostly done a lot of collecting so far, cleared two areas already, queen ann and around the space needle. 

That part is pretty epic.

The game is short, but so fun. Already completed my expert/good karma run at 100%. Just have an evil karma run to do. I used neon a lot more than I expected, but still enjoyed smoke in combat. Third power seems way more enjoyable for an evil run though.

All the collectibles are shown on the map after destroying enemy hubs in the sections they are in. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The game is short, but so fun. Already completed my expert/good karma run at 100%. Just have an evil karma run to do. I used neon a lot more than I expected, but still enjoyed smoke in combat. Third power seems way more enjoyable for an evil run though.
About how long did it took you to finish the game.

The paper trail stuff would be pretty interesting if it worked.  Gotta hit refresh on the website about 7 times to get it to load, then the things you need to do to complete the mission dont even work because the pictures dont pull up right in the web browser >.>

The paper trail stuff would be pretty interesting if it worked. Gotta hit refresh on the website about 7 times to get it to load, then the things you need to do to complete the mission dont even work because the pictures dont pull up right in the web browser >.>
Maybe its the browser, what are you running?

I cant wait to play the villian. Tired of smoke grenanade triangle over and over lol. I am having a blast playing this game though.

Started playing this last night. Wife was using the tv so i had to play it via remote play. Pretty awesome. The implementation of the touch controls were nice

I think my game save is busted.

Possible spoiler ahead (forgot how to make it hide..please remind me how)

I think I'm at Catching the Light mission.  I destroyed the mobile DUP and continued to clear out the remaining areas.  The top half of the map is dup "free" but I can get past the bridge.  No "star" to start a mission is shown anywhere.

I can drain neon lights now but no upgrades, I went back to the starting area there's no "watching" tv. I even went online to the area I should go next but nothing is there.  Any help or is my game save busted and I have to start ALL over?

Thanks

I cant wait to play the villian. Tired of smoke grenanade triangle over and over lol. I am having a blast playing this game though.
I always play villain first, but after just completing my 2nd playthrough (and getting a platinum, woo!) I think I enjoyed playing the good guy better as far as powers go. The good powers you get for the 2nd power are super useful and being good makes the stealth aspects of the 3rd power even better (it really saved my ass playing on Expert because I was getting torn up quite often).

The villain is awesome just for the destruction factor, especially mowing down hundreds if not thousands of innocents, and I think the end cut-scene was more interesting.

Just got the neon. Liked smoke better... now I'm chasing a drug van. Time for bed. Hopefully its daytime in game tonorrow too lol

I always play villain first, but after just completing my 2nd playthrough (and getting a platinum, woo!) I think I enjoyed playing the good guy better as far as powers go. The good powers you get for the 2nd power are super useful and being good makes the stealth aspects of the 3rd power even better (it really saved my ass playing on Expert because I was getting torn up quite often).

The villain is awesome just for the destruction factor, especially mowing down hundreds if not thousands of innocents, and I think the end cut-scene was more interesting.
For me, its always good first. I just favor precision over AOE. Evil was fun though, so much aggro from everything lol. Also, I did enjoy the short platinum dialogue Deslin had in the end.

couldn't wait for the darn delayed package to get here.  Since the wife's out tonight I just picked up Second Son from Redbox to tide me over till tomorrow! can't wait to play it!

For me, its always good first. I just favor precision over AOE. Evil was fun though, so much aggro from everything lol. Also, I did enjoy the short platinum dialogue Deslin had in the end.
Second Son will be my first PS4 plat. I'm playing good first and then evil on expert. In the previous games I enjoyed the evil powers a bit more so I'm excited for my evil playthrough. Im going to try and finish up things tonight, I think Im almost at the end now.

Finished my good playthrough last night. Great fucking game, It was a real blast to play. And holy hell was it beautiful. Best looking console game by a mile. My only complaints are that its kinda short, but I guess an evil playthrough offsets that a little. Also, I felt that I was more invested in infamous 1 and 2s story. Trying to stop the beast from destroying the world felt epic. And,
concrete not having a special is a big let down, neon was my favorite power. Very versatile.
9/10 for me, a must buy for PS4 owners. Cant wait to start my evil run.

How much is the redbox rental for PS4 games?
$2 like any rental

Man, I played probably 4-5 hours already and I have only completed the space needle mission. All I have been doing is the side missions and the shards. Already to good Karma level 3, and almost to 4. It is so much fun clearing out each section. Not to mention the trophies are fun as well, favorite so far was going through two separate vents and then orbital dropping without touching the ground. It looked so cool! Best looking game I have ever played!

Got the game yesterday in the mail from Gamefly, awesome so far.. the cut scenes blend right in with the gameplay.. incredible graphics

I prefer smoke as well, not really into neon but maybe it'll grow on me more since I havent played too much since I got it.

Anyone do any papertrail stuff? Did some of that this morning before work.

I thought the 3rd power was pretty great.  The Rocket attack has a lock-on, the R2 is a beam so hitting drones is super easy. Being able to stealth kill/subdue two people with only a 2 second downtime after, and being able to fly up buildings and around the city (making drones easier as well).

I thought the 3rd power was pretty great. The Rocket attack has a lock-on, the R2 is a beam so hitting drones is super easy. Being able to stealth kill/subdue two people with only a 2 second downtime after, and being able to fly up buildings and around the city (making drones easier as well).
Spoiler shit next time.

Asshat.

My copy finally came last night, played for a few hours. Just got to Seattle. It's fun so far but I feel it will be a short playthrough for me.

Man this game is fun. I'm loving neon and working on the third power. I can't wait to start the evil run. I'm ready to break some shit without caring about people's lives. 

Well I have all the good trophies I can get besides story related and stuff you can't do until you beat the game.  If anyone wants a platinum this is the game to do it... easy... and fun to get these!  Not to mention i just got neon, and thanks to papertrail I am already Karma level 3 almost 4...  I should get to 5 before the end of the game!

I started doing the paper trail missions, I'm really liking it so far. Would be cool if we get that power at the end. Also, remote play is SO good. I cleared a bunch of side quests/areas while in bed, haha.

Been switching between mgs and infamous! Hehe! Also been playing the games via remote play. Pretty cool and really great feature! Now i wish tthe vita had the 4 shoulder buttons and l3 and r3 buttons were usually too. Hehe

Also really been enjoying this whereas the first 2 got kind of dull to me halfway through. I'm at the 3rd power now. There are 4, I think? I was annoyed that they took Cole away at first but, really, these guys are a lot more personable and funny. What was Cole's sidekick's name again? The southern guy? He was awful.

I love Remote Play, but I really dislike buttons mapped to the touchpad. Why not put out a RP-specific Vita with all the buttons? I would pay for it. That would make RP just about perfect. I hope that's in the works.

Have you guys ever tried an Internet RP as opposed to playing it in range of the PS4? I haven't yet. Is it pretty playable with a good connection?

As for the graphics of this one, they're very good but I wouldn't put it past Killzone SF. That was the best-looking game I've ever seen.

I started doing the paper trail missions, I'm really liking it so far. Would be cool if we get that power at the end. Also, remote play is SO good. I cleared a bunch of side quests/areas while in bed, haha.
I thought remote play wouldn't work, but Sucker Punch were one of the few studios to have different controls for the Vita. IT WORKS!!!! Was awesome playing in bed last night!

Havent tried rp out with this one, will give it a go though.

rp is really good for some games and kinda bleh for others so far.

bread's done
Back