Infamous Second Son OT

I was underwhelmed by the third power at first, but ended up using it quite a bit by the end of the game. The stealth ability definitely came in handy during my good playthrough.

Here's a spare code for the pre-order vests for anyone who wants it.

N9DN-NENK-3NGM

I finished up my Good Karma playthrough this morning, did everything except the Paper Trail missions.  Overall I think the game was really good until you got the third power than it started to go downhill.  Didnt like being forced to use Smoke in the later missions over Neon, I think it would have been better if you could choose which powers you were gonna use.  

I'm considering doing an Evil Karma run on Expert to get the Plat (which would be my first on PS4) but that $40 trade value at GS or BB...

I was underwhelmed by the third power at first, but ended up using it quite a bit by the end of the game. The stealth ability definitely came in handy during my good playthrough.

Here's a spare code for the pre-order vests for anyone who wants it.
N9DN-NENK-3NGM
I personally enjoyed the 3rd power just because of the mobility involved in it. I thought neon was amazing for running up buildings but the pseudo flying was even better.

I personally enjoyed the 3rd power just because of the mobility involved in it. I thought neon was amazing for running up buildings but the pseudo flying was even better.
I love neon, it the best all around power (combat/traversing). I like the third power but I use it the least out of all of them.

I finished up my Good Karma playthrough this morning, did everything except the Paper Trail missions. Overall I think the game was really good until you got the third power than it started to go downhill. Didnt like being forced to use Smoke in the later missions over Neon, I think it would have been better if you could choose which powers you were gonna use.

I'm considering doing an Evil Karma run on Expert to get the Plat (which would be my first on PS4) but that $40 trade value at GS or BB...
You could trade it in now and rebuy it later when it goes on sale. That's the best part about buying the hard copy. :)

I started this up a little last night, and played some more this afternoon. Have the first two areas 100%. Loving the game so far. The graphics are fantastic, even better in person than in screens or videos online.

I did some remote play this morning too, they did a good job with the touch screen controls for R2/R3 L2/L3. The sticks aren't as precise though, so aiming is a bit harder.

I got some lag a room or two away as well, I turned off the connect directly to PS4 option so I can see if the range is better through the router later. I have to remember to go open the doors on my TV stand though as the PS4 gets crazy hot if I play with the door shut as it doesn't get enough ventilation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious what sort of difference you saw when turning off directly connect to PS4? Also, I have to same setup with the cabinet doors! I've had to open them before gaming since I got my PS3 in 2007. PS4 is pretty nice and quiet and very compact but can get hot.

I didn't notice any difference. The wifi signal isn't very strong downstairs (theater room is upstairs and router is in it).

I could get a repeater I guess. But I don't use it enough downstairs to bother.

I have interrupted two dozen or more protests and sign flippers with neither trophy popping. Grrrr. Forthe expert trophy can you switch to expert before the last fight? Im already halfway done with my second campaign and have never touched the difficulty.

I have interrupted two dozen or more protests and sign flippers with neither trophy popping. Grrrr. Forthe expert trophy can you switch to expert before the last fight? Im already halfway done with my second campaign and have never touched the difficulty.
Nope you had to do it the moment you took control of Delsin the first time... otherwise it won't pop

I agree gAmerdude I stopped playing after I got it and was one of the few people out of my friends that hated the boss fight prior to the power

I've got five districts cleared out and just got the Neon power. Loving the game. I'm not seeing it being too short either, I'd guess I've put in at least 5 hours and only cleared 5 out of the 13(?) districts. No way I'll have the play through 100% in 10 hours or whatever some have posted.

My only gripe is remote play just isn't great for the game. Hard to use missles or grenades in the heat of battle since you have to take a thumb of one stick or the other to hit the screen, the audio log missions don't even show up (I was worried my save was glitched as one district was showing an audio log remaining in the legend, but it was no where on the map--showed up fine when I went back to playing on the PS4). But that's not a gripe at the game really, just disappointed that remote play in general isn't as good as I was hoping between that and the range not being great in my house.

After you get through more of the game and have powers... it only takes 10-15 minutes to clear areas.  I just finished the game and only have 2 areas to clear, probably put 8-10 into the game... Not to mention the expert evil play through should be a speed run

That makes sense. I'm probably dying more than most (and wasting time traveling back to the fight) and I keep doing every drug bust for the karma despite having the trophy, so that might be taking up a tad more time than others.

In any case, 10 hours is pretty much my sweet spot for a game.

I haven't decided yet If I'll do an evil playthrough or just sell it off.

That makes sense. I'm probably dying more than most (and wasting time traveling back to the fight) and I keep doing every drug bust for the karma despite having the trophy, so that might be taking up a tad more time than others.

In any case, 10 hours is pretty much my sweet spot for a game.

I haven't decided yet If I'll do an evil playthrough or just sell it off.
The real key as you get in the game is use video invisibility jump into a drug bust, subdue everyone and get the special move, then I go to a showdown or dup center and use it to clear the whole area at once most of the time... makes for much quicker clears.

I've been loving the game.  I cleared the entire top half of the map, but I've only played here and there.  It's really fun.  Only have the 2nd power though.  Cleared like 1 or 2 onthe bottom half of the map.  Starting to do papertrail too.

That one was super easy, just went to a drug bust, threw a smoke bomb, jumped up and dropped... Boom
I had to find the right drug bust, since I had to do it on Evil. My Good was too far progressed to the point where it would instantly subdue them. So I had a small radius smoke bomb to work with, and got lucky to find a drug bust in a small alley.

I never did the other side for all the infamous games. So if i finish good and wanted to do evil run next, do i have to collect all the shards again or does it carry over?

I never did the other side for all the infamous games. So if i finish good and wanted to do evil run next, do i have to collect all the shards again or does it carry over?
No you do start over... but the speed run is possible without having to fully upgrade your skills.

I finished the game up last night. Think the 40$ I can get for it is worth more than the plat to me atleast. Will probably pick it back up when it is sub 20$. The game got really annoying toward the end however the value of the 3rd power came in handy  toward the end. 

I've got the top part of the map all cleared out, including the Cole's Legacy DLC. Still have some Paper Trail stuff up there I think, but otherwise ready to go on to the south.

Finished up all the side quests today, other than one shard you can't get until late in the game. Story wise, quid pro quo is the next mission I saved before.

I'm definitely taking way longer than the ten hours some said it took to do everything. Hell I put in at least six today doing stuff on the south island.

100% good play through.  Already through the video missions on my evil hard playthrough.  It isn't as bad as I thought, some annoying parts, and some parts that I had a difficult time on easy were actually easier.  Should have platinum in the next two nights unless the end gets really hard!  I love neon on evil, very easy and works well!

I wish I would have played my 2nd run(evil) on expert. Really dont wanna play a 3rd time lol. Evil was tough for me. Means the writers were good.

I wish I would have played my 2nd run(evil) on expert. Really dont wanna play a 3rd time lol. Evil was tough for me. Means the writers were good.
Evil has been a lot easier... I had to clear several areas to get my karma up on good. I haven't cleared a single one on my evil playthrough and I am a level 4 karma on the Video power missions. I just walk around blowing people up. The key on expert is really staying in cover and shooting from afar. The boss battles have actually caused me less problems then when I played good on easy.

Well I finished up the game last night, doing the 100% everything on the good path.

It definitely took me longer than many, somewhere in the 15-20 hour range (wish it had a gameplay counter). Granted I'm not great at games so I died more than a lot, and did a lot of take a guy or two out, run a way to heal, take another guy out, run away again etc. type battles, so that probably added up time. So I'd say it's probably 10ish hours for hardcore gamers who are good at games AND rush through games, 15+ for the average joe who will die more and maybe take more time to see the sights etc.

Anyway, I liked the game a lot. Not sure if I'll keep it and do an Evil playthrough has I'm kind of burnt out on it having just played through Infamous 2 for the first time a couple weeks ago. So I lean toward selling it before value drops, as I'm sure it will end up on PS+ down the road and I could to the evil path then. I'm not a big fan of the Paper Trail stuff so far, so I don't know that I care about that (stuck on the damn hexagon puzzle currently).

Overall I probably liked Infamous 2 a tad more (never played the first) due to having more variety in story and side missions. The melee combat was better there too with the finishers and what not. I did like the characters and story in this one better, and having multiple power types was an awesome change. I'd love for a sequel to let you some how mix and match powers--though tricky to do with the plot device of having to draw from that source to use that power. Power wise, neon was definitely my favorite by far. But there were certain things I like better in other powers like smoke missles etc. that I'd opted to mix-in if given the option.

Just platinum'd it... Evil run took 10 hours or so as I didn't do any side missions, just the story missions... wasn't that bad, started Sunday night finished when I had a chance last night.  Saw the trade in value and knew I had to Plat as quick as possible so I could trade it in.

I finished the EVIL last night. I did all the side quests so it says I'm at 100% save file.  I can still do Paper Trail, since I did not do those yet.  Debating whether to keep or trade in.  It was REALLY fun though.  I usually skip by side missions, so I cannot believe I did everything in this game.

Took another stab at the website hexagon puzzle for the camera hard drive defrag for part 3 of paper trail over lunch. I got it done this time so ready to finish that up in game after work.

The 6th of the 7 puzzles is a bitch and takes a lot of luck in getting the right pieces when you need them since there's only one extra spot on the board.

Wonder how many got traded right back in though, lol
Doesn't matter... as long as they were bought in the first place they still made how ever much a million copy gets... and that is pretty darn good, not to mention that it doubled PS4 sales in the UK alone!

Good try though...

9 days?! holy crap, thats awesome. I was not expecting any news on sales numbers so quick. Congrats to Sucker Punch! Im really excited to see what they do next, I love infamous but I would like to see them try their hand at a new IP.
Yeah in 9 days is pretty crazy. Wonder what a full months of sales is going to look like.

Way lower then what I was expecting with over 5 million ps4s sold and this being really first game worth getting.
I have to disagree. IMO, those are some excellent sales numbers any way you slice it. It moved 1 million units in less than 10 days. For a franchise that isn't considered one of the heavy hitters that's a terrific start. Heck God of War 3 only moved 1 million units during its week. It took that game 5 weeks to reach 2 million and it ended up selling around 5 million copies globally over its lifetime. So, I'm not sure what you were expecting from Infamous SS. I'm just happy people are supporting SP and I look forward to their next game.

bread's done
Back