It Took 18 Seconds to Realize I Was Watching Fat Dudes Hug Each OTTher

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you didn't know yet, a bunch of the video services on Xbox Live are free for everybody for the weekend. The email I got mentioned HBO Go, Epix, Hulu Plus, I Heart Radio, and MLB.TV.

Edit: Or maybe not. Some seem to still require subs, but are just available to Silver people to use for the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you didn't know yet, a bunch of the video services on Xbox Live are free for everybody for the weekend. The email I got mentioned HBO Go, Epix, Hulu Plus, I Heart Radio, and MLB.TV.

Edit: Or maybe not. Some seem to still require subs, but are just available to Silver people to use for the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, but when I was on MLB.TV last night, it seemed as if there were more free games available.

It does. I tried out HBO Go and it still seems to require a cable sub and all that. I can't even find the Epix app on Xbox Live since it just gives me an error during the search.

I was hoping that it was just seamless like if your cable provider offered a free weekend for a pay-per-view channel.

We have the silver version of that W/D combo. I wanted the red, and I wanted to stack them but my wife's too short. That's a nice amount of storage- it makes me miss having a basement.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']We have the silver version of that W/D combo. I wanted the red, and I wanted to stack them but my wife's too short. That's a nice amount of storage- it makes me miss having a basement.[/QUOTE]
That's why I went for the pedestals. Way too low otherwise.

[quote name='Gears24']Has anyone played Singularity?[/QUOTE]

Been a while since I played it, but I remember it being decent.

[quote name='JStryke']Been a while since I played it, but I remember it being decent.[/QUOTE]
Hm,debating whether I should start Singularity or Fear 3 tomorrow.

I think Vicodin is one of my new favorite things.

[quote name='seanr1221']My fiancé hates kids.[/QUOTE]

:applause: I'm glad I'm not the only one on the kid hating bandwagon.

[quote name='Gears24']Has anyone played Singularity?[/QUOTE]

I have and I really enjoyed it. I'd say its just as good as Fear 3 but I think I liked F3 just a tiny bit more. Either way its a toss up which you should start first.

And damnit sneaky when is Fear 4 gonna be announced?!! :bomb:

[quote name='Gears24']Hm,debating whether I should start Singularity or Fear 3 tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Never played F3AR, so not sure on which is better. Maybe sneakypenguin could advise you on F3AR?

Tempted to take old :ds: games out to target to take advantage of their Trade in offer. I don't see why I have to do it -today- though. Isn't the sale good all week?

Also tempted to go to the used book sale at the library today. How nerdy is that?

(Here's a nerd meme for you: 80 degrees outside. Going to book sale at the library. Slap that on a picture)

[quote name='Maklershed']And damnit sneaky when is Fear 4 gonna be announced?!! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I don't work with Warner anymore, I'm back at Microsoft. And hopefully never, that series is dead after that abomination.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']iBuyPower is a get-what-you-pay-for builder. They're not generally BAD computers but the build/parts quality does suffer due to the low price.[/QUOTE]
I had been wondering about them for years. I have an old HP desktop from 2004 that I could reuse if I build a system from the ground up. I've been using laptops solely since Aug 2007. The only requirement is that I want an intel based CPU and nvidia GPU. I've dealt with ATI/AMD combos since 2004 and want to get away from them.

I want a good gaming rig. It doesn't have to be able to run everything I toss at it at 50+fps in ultra quality, but something that I won't have to worry about for a long while. But like I said, I want an Intel/Nividia combo. Thinking about i5 cpus. I know next to nothing about vid cards as I've been out of that for many years

I think one of my favorite music artists deleted and blocked me from his personal FB friends list. Which doubled as the bands page

Way to treat a long time fan of 10+ years because I refuse to kiss your attention whoring, whiny, raw vegan ass. Bitch you ain't gettin another penny from me. Bitching about being broker than broke and that you'll be homeless in less than a month and having to sell equipment to pay bills then you turn around a week later and buy a brand new Vita the day it comes out and about 5 games. You bitch about piracy, but your in a niche genre (industrial) that may sell a couple thousand copies, and churn out hardly anything (because you're such a "tortured artist"), and refuse to play anywhere live. And criticize anything that isn't what you like. No better than a fucking hipster. Not to mention half your "fans/friends" on FB who feed your bipolar attention whoring self. Then go to your bands forum and complain about FB, then bitch on FB that no one uses your forum much anymore. Go fuck yourself Bryan...

Sorry, I just had to post that somewhere guys. I have no respect for this guy anymore. I've bought his CDs brand new every time and two and three time occasionally. Either I'm getting used or else from now on

:wave:

What's the word on the new Max Payne? I'm actually kinda interested in the franchise now that Rockstar is involved. Is it open world or a scripted story?

[quote name='Maklershed']:wave:

What's the word on the new Max Payne? I'm actually kinda interested in the franchise now that Rockstar is involved. Is it open world or a scripted story?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Rockstar always involved?

I was never really a fan of the series. I had the games from the original Xbox, and bullet-time was pretty spiffy...I just never got into the game. It was scripted.

And only 15 hours until I can go back to bed. Which is all I want out of life at the moment.
Time to open up a vein and inject this coffee straight in.

[quote name='Maklershed']:wave:

What's the word on the new Max Payne? I'm actually kinda interested in the franchise now that Rockstar is involved. Is it open world or a scripted story?[/QUOTE]

Ultra-scripted. I'm a big fan of the first two and will be picking up the new one at some point but I'm putting a hold on all release day purchases until I clear some of last years pre-orders.

This Pepperjack Ale soup I'm eating now is what I imagine they ate on Mt Olympus. I've never had soup this good before. Who knew you could find such good soup in a state Capitol building.

[quote name='Number83']Wasn't Rockstar always involved?

I was never really a fan of the series. I had the games from the original Xbox, and bullet-time was pretty spiffy...I just never got into the game. It was scripted.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was Remedy?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Ultra-scripted. I'm a big fan of the first two and will be picking up the new one at some point but I'm putting a hold on all release day purchases until I clear some of last years pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea. My backlog is astronomical at this point. I still have to play Jade Empire. :oops:

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Need a little input on a PC from you fellers. I'm seriously thinking of buying this system from NewEgg. Wondering what you guys think of it and if iBuyPower is a decent company

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227400

If I got it, thinking of getting a 64GB SSD just for the OS and add a blu ray burner. Both are 75 bucks each for the best rated ones from NewEgg as well[/QUOTE]
Well, that system is all ready OOS...

Now considering this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

I went ahead and ordered a 64gb SSD and blu ray burner last night anyhow

The specs aren't too bad but I'm curious what 560 is in there. The video card is one of the most important things to get from a good manufacturer (the other's being memory and power supply, both of which are also in question). It's a typical place to cut corners that can bite you in the ass.

Have you considered building your own? Yer already buying a new HD and burner, why not do the whole thing?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']The specs aren't too bad but I'm curious what 560 is in there. The video card is one of the most important things to get from a good manufacturer (the other's being memory and power supply, both of which are also in question). It's a typical place to cut corners that can bite you in the ass.

Have you considered building your own? Yer already buying a new HD and burner, why not do the whole thing?[/QUOTE]
From the specs they list its a 560Ti and if the pictures are any indication, it looked like a an EVGA brand.

I'm considering building my own system as well. Just its been a while since I've even looked at doing so that I've forgotten a bunch of shit. I'm thinking of going with an i5 cpu to save on a lil bit of money. I have some parts in my cart so far this is what I have

HDD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136891
Vid card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130604
PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006
Mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271
RAM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233143
CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072
CPU fan
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

So far, the total is $953 before tax and shipping

If yer not in California there's no tax for NewEgg. Only suggestion for specs though is to up that power supply, especially if you plan to SLI in the future. Some cards can have a lot of pull.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']If yer not in California there's no tax for NewEgg. Only suggestion for specs though is to up that power supply, especially if you plan to SLI in the future. Some cards can have a lot of pull.[/QUOTE]
I'm use to typing tax so, forgot about that. As for cases, I have an old HP that I can reuse. Other than the PSU, any other suggestions? This is the first time I've ever built a system honestly

I'd knock down the RAM a bit. You definitely don't need 16GB and the timings are a little high. I'd also probably bite the bullet and buy a new case. Mass market manufacturer cases are not known for the airflow and Nvidia cards generate heat (though not as much as ATI). Depending on the case airflow and cable management could be a cunt. Besides, cases are like $50, you'll save that knocking down the RAM.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

Cable management is nil with this case, but it has a ton of fans and is substantially cheaper.

You can get a better deal on a SSD. Since they fixed the problem with Sandforce, you can get a bigger drive for not much more. Crucial does have a nice controller, but I haven't had any issues with the Sandforce and hard drives that use them are much cheaper.

Processors and video cards should see substantial deals over the next month as the rest of the gk104 line comes out and Ivy Bridge starts to emerge on the market. The newer nvidia cards also use less power so I would think you could get a cheaper PSU than the one you picked unless you really want to SLI. I paid 35 AR for my Antec 620 watt PSU and plan on getting a 680 or 670 when it comes out to replace my 460.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']That is the one I have. I also have the board, cpu, and cpu fan that you have picked out.[/QUOTE]
Ahh, cool. Just swapped that one out into my cart. Brings the total to $1043.91 (have an OEM Win7 in there as well).

Since most of what I've pickd out before you and Sneaky's help is the same that your also running, makes me feel a lot more confident in my choices. Any other suggestions on parts that I may need?

Morning everyone. Carlos Hathcock was a true American hero. That is all.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']That is the one I have. I also have the board, cpu, and cpu fan that you have picked out.[/QUOTE]

"Hey Kinnnneee!"

eVGA Video Cards are great! You can't do wrong with them.

I had one go out on me that was 4 years old and they sent me a new card for free. Hooray lifetime warranties! Because mine was older and no longer supported, they upgraded me to the newer model. The bast part is, since I was running SLI, I asked if it would be be compatable with my old card, they "No, but we'll send you a second card if you wish, free of charge." All I had to do was send my old cards back. That is great customer support.

I did have to upgrade my Power Supply however, but it was worth it. The more power, the better. And make sure it's a decent brand like Sparkle or Silverstone.

EDIT: Your PSU is Corsair...they are a decent manufacturer. I'm not familiar with thier PSU's however...just thier memory modules.

Human snatcher before you go with that power supply you may want to check that graphics card power rating. I remember a buddy of mine saying it required a lot of power. The one I showed is probably alright since its a rebagged seasonic but I just wanted to make you aware because those fermi cards are power hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back