It Took 18 Seconds to Realize I Was Watching Fat Dudes Hug Each OTTher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from my trip. Really happy I took an extra day off. We were supposed to fly out of Buffalo around 5 last night and didn't leave until 7, got home around 11. Today would have sucked to work.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Human snatcher before you go with that power supply you may want to check that graphics card power rating. I remember a buddy of mine saying it required a lot of power. The one I showed is probably alright since its a rebagged seasonic but I just wanted to make you aware because those fermi cards are power hungry.[/QUOTE]
Well, I've no problem with going back to that 750W Corsair one. Was thinking about that just in case by the end of the year I want to go the SLI route. Out of curiosity, would it be best to go ahead and go with an 800-850W PSU if I were to get another card by the end of the year?

[quote name='Number83']eVGA Video Cards are great! You can't do wrong with them.

I had one go out on me that was 4 years old and they sent me a new card for free. Hooray lifetime warranties! Because mine was older and no longer supported, they upgraded me to the newer model. The bast part is, since I was running SLI, I asked if it would be be compatable with my old card, they "No, but we'll send you a second card if you wish, free of charge." All I had to do was send my old cards back. That is great customer support.

I did have to upgrade my Power Supply however, but it was worth it. The more power, the better. And make sure it's a decent brand like Sparkle or Silverstone.

EDIT: Your PSU is Corsair...they are a decent manufacturer. I'm not familiar with thier PSU's however...just thier memory modules.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap thats one hell of a customer service department. Reminds me of that story where this womans dog chewed the crap outta her DS and Nintendo replaced it. Or something to that effect.

Yeah, I'm familiar with their ram as well, and their psus seem to have very high ratings on NewEgg

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Well, I've no problem with going back to that 750W Corsair one. Was thinking about that just in case by the end of the year I want to go the SLI route. Out of curiosity, would it be best to go ahead and go with an 800-850W PSU if I were to get another card by the end of the year?[/QUOTE]

Go bigger if you can. As Casey said (and I can attest to), Fermi cards love them some power. If you're planning to SLI and have even a small amount of peripherals/drives/PCI cards you're going to want the extra power.

And Yea, eVGA is amazing. I haven't needed to use their customer service yet thanks to awesome quality but I always recommend spending the little extra to buy one of their cards. You cannot beat a lifetime warranty on a graphics card.

Has anyone checked out google drive? I tried to get it but it said that it wasnt ready. I thought it launched today.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Go bigger if you can. As Casey said (and I can attest to), Fermi cards love them some power. If you're planning to SLI and have even a small amount of peripherals/drives/PCI cards you're going to want the extra power.

And Yea, eVGA is amazing. I haven't needed to use their customer service yet thanks to awesome quality but I always recommend spending the little extra to buy one of their cards. You cannot beat a lifetime warranty on a graphics card.[/QUOTE]
Found this 850W one thats only 5 bucks more than the Corsair one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817121067

I'm almost tempted to go ahead and toss in a second card like that. But I'm sure in 6 months time that card will be a lot lower

[quote name='munch']Has anyone checked out google drive? I tried to get it but it said that it wasnt ready. I thought it launched today.[/QUOTE]

Nope but I saw the zipper home page which was pretty neat.

Zataran's jambalya and maybe some greens for lunch.
Then finish off and platnium Sly tonight (hopefully) and then start Uncharted 2 tomorrow if my sleep schedule permits it.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Found this 850W one thats only 5 bucks more than the Corsair one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817121067

I'm almost tempted to go ahead and toss in a second card like that. But I'm sure in 6 months time that card will be a lot lower[/QUOTE]

That PSU looks pretty decent for the price (For reference this is the one I have). And yea, if you don't need the extra power of SLI right now it's better to wait. With the new cards coming this summer or so the price on 560's should drop a decent bit and you can score a second on the cheap.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']That PSU looks pretty decent for the price (For reference this is the one I have). And yea, if you don't need the extra power of SLI right now it's better to wait. With the new cards coming this summer or so the price on 560's should drop a decent bit and you can score a second on the cheap.[/QUOTE]
Damn, didn't see that PSU. And for the same price as the 750W, I might as well swap them out in my cart. Thanks for the heads up!

Honestly the best recommendation I can make on this is to go to Slick Deals and just start reading deal threads. I really wish CAG had as many dedicated PC folks as that place does. It really helps when you start picking out parts. The PC thread on CAG is also a good resource but there just aren't as many people here who care about PC's so there are less people looking into all the different hardware.

Like I said though, unless you need a computer right now I would wait a couple weeks and look at getting an Ivy Bridge processor and a 670 when it releases.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Honestly the best recommendation I can make on this is to go to Slick Deals and just start reading deal threads. I really wish CAG had as many dedicated PC folks as that place does. It really helps when you start picking out parts. The PC thread on CAG is also a good resource but there just aren't as many people here who care about PC's so there are less people looking into all the different hardware.

Like I said though, unless you need a computer right now I would wait a couple weeks and look at getting an Ivy Bridge processor and a 670 when it releases.[/QUOTE]
Honestly, I'm having to go thru NewEgg, as I have a credit account with them. Thats if you're refering to sourcing parts from multiple places

[quote name='CaseyRyback']http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_n...takes-on-college-costs-eyes-young-voters?lite

Just got back from this. Pretty cool to actually go and hear a sitting president talk.[/QUOTE]

They cut in on my Price is Right today just to mention his landing in RDU. He spoke at ODU when I was attending and it was a fucking mad house. I stayed home that day due to traffic concerns and heard it was worse than they thought it was going to be. People were standing across the street watching it on the jumbotron thing outside the arena.

[quote name='eldergamer']Zataran's jambalya and maybe some greens for lunch.
Then finish off and platnium Sly tonight (hopefully) and then start Uncharted 2 tomorrow if my sleep schedule permits it.[/QUOTE]

how is that zatarans stuff anyways? i see it on tv sometimes and it looks tasty. is it really spicy?

[quote name='lokizz']how is that zatarans stuff anyways? i see it on tv sometimes and it looks tasty. is it really spicy?[/QUOTE]

It's not spicy. Maybe mild to moderate, nowhere near hot. I usually put Red Hot on mine for some extra kick. We usuaully eat the Dirty Rice or Jambala ones.
It's just a quick and easy box meal.
It'd be better if we had sausage or shrimp to put in there, but ground beef is all we can afford.

And the nice thing about the zataran's stuff is there's no big pieces of tomatoes, onions, etc for picky eaters (like me) to pick out. ;)

I still at 35 have little to no interest in vegetables (aside from greens and spinach) and will pick them out or remove them if found.

Banana's and Grapefruit might be the most delicious fruits on the whole damn planet.
___

Celery is just awful...I wanna gag every time I see it/smell it/think about it.

[quote name='Number83']Banana's and Grapefruit might be the most delicious fruits on the whole damn planet.
___

Celery is just awful...I wanna gag every time I see it/smell it/think about it.[/QUOTE]

Grapefruit is alright. I think the best are oranges. Red grapes aren't too shabby either.

And celery is great - I love putting it in chili.

[quote name='JStryke']Only vegetables I like are potatoes.[/QUOTE]

I used to be this bad. Like seeing a tiny orange square of carrot in soup meant I had to remove it, bad. Now, small pieces I can live with. Still can't stand the texture of lettuce, tomatoes, onions, things like that.

I'm down with mushrooms now, and my wife has introduced me to alot of greens (collard, mustard, turnip) which are all edible when seasoned and hot sauce put on them.

What's really odd is that I love eating dried vegetable chips.

Fruit I have no problem with, and enjoy. (Except for melons. Bleh.)

About the only thing I can't stand is celery and brussel sprouts. I can't drink gin because it tastes like celery to me for some odd reason. Tho I do ironicaly like gin and tonics...

[quote name='eldergamer']It's not spicy. Maybe mild to moderate, nowhere near hot. I usually put Red Hot on mine for some extra kick. We usuaully eat the Dirty Rice or Jambala ones.
It's just a quick and easy box meal.
It'd be better if we had sausage or shrimp to put in there, but ground beef is all we can afford.

And the nice thing about the zataran's stuff is there's no big pieces of tomatoes, onions, etc for picky eaters (like me) to pick out. ;)

I still at 35 have little to no interest in vegetables (aside from greens and spinach) and will pick them out or remove them if found.[/QUOTE]

yeah i tend to put hotsauce on most things too im gonna try that stuff then sounds good enough ill probably add sausage though i cant stand shrimp unless its fried. i can only stand spinach in salad form but i love green. aside from that the only other green vegetables i like are beans, lettuice, artichokes and broccili. kale is good too. oh yeah and bockchoy and cabbage.....shit nvm i guess i like alot of green stuff.

I didn't use to like brussel sprouts AT ALL, but then my Serbian sister-in-law cooked us what were pretty amazingly good brussel sprouts. I mean I really hated them before that, but I loved those. So it really depends on how they are prepared.

[quote name='crunchewy']I didn't use to like brussel sprouts AT ALL, but then my Serbian sister-in-law cooked us what were pretty amazingly good brussel sprouts. I mean I really hated them before that, but I loved those. So it really depends on how they are prepared.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure if made the right way, they'd be better. But my mother has always basically steamed them or boiled them. When I was a kid, I used to drown them in vinegar. One big reason why I don't touch them is that they can make a person gassy lol

Man, brussels sprouts are friggin' delicious. You've essentially got to cheat a little and add some parmesan cheese, but it's worth it.

I'm curious, with the way some people are talking about fruits and vegetables here, what do you end up eating the rest of the time? All you're left with is meat and starch. I'm certainly not the healthiest person either, but I can't think of too many dinners where I would exclude vegetables from the dish or not use them as a side.

Also, Source Code blu-ray is $5.99 after a DVD trade-in at Best Buy, I couldn't pass it up. I think that's the first blu-ray I've purchased since the holidays.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Man, brussels sprouts are friggin' delicious. You've essentially got to cheat a little and add some parmesan cheese, but it's worth it.

I'm curious, with the way some people are talking about fruits and vegetables here, what do you end up eating the rest of the time? All you're left with is meat and starch. I'm certainly not the healthiest person either, but I can't think of too many dinners where I would exclude vegetables from the dish or not use them as a side.

Also, Source Code blu-ray is $5.99 after a DVD trade-in at Best Buy, I couldn't pass it up. I think that's the first blu-ray I've purchased since the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Meat and potatoes. Or meat and rice/bread. Fruit as a side. (I only weigh 160-165, btw)

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Man, brussels sprouts are friggin' delicious. You've essentially got to cheat a little and add some parmesan cheese, but it's worth it.

Also, Source Code blu-ray is $5.99 after a DVD trade-in at Best Buy, I couldn't pass it up. I think that's the first blu-ray I've purchased since the holidays.[/QUOTE]
Parmesan cheese? That sounds interesting. Anything else other than that and is it just a dusting ofit?

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Parmesan cheese? That sounds interesting. Anything else other than that and is it just a dusting ofit?[/QUOTE]
I use this recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...e-Who-Think-They-Hate-Brussels-Sprouts-358275

The only difference is I don't use close to the amount of parmesan they suggest. The first time I did it I used only about a quarter cup and it turned out great, if not still a little cheese heavy. The parmesan mixes in last so you can easily gauge how much you want.

Also, the nutmeg isn't a requirement if you don't like the taste of it. I forgot it before and I didn't really miss it.

Heh, the Eagles traded Assante Samuel to the Falcons for a 7th round pick...and to think they turned down a 3rd rounder last year. Andy Reid LOVES late round picks!!!

If he wanted a better pick he could have hit up Jerry a couple weeks ago. Hell he probably could have gotten a better pick even today from Jerry. That fucking secondary was terrible last year.

I know the Eagles probably don't want to trade players to the Cowboys, but they did make a draft day trade like 2 years ago.

Had no internet these last four days. My area had to upgrade to Uverse from DSL. Having to sit through sport center and watch clips of baseball and shitty basketball teams like the nets and bobcats just to get updated on Ron Artest suspension was turrible.

[quote name='Fatality']Strawberrys[/QUOTE]

After choking on one when I was younger, I've sworn off strawberries.

[quote name='DT778']Had no internet these last four days. My area had to upgrade to Uverse from DSL. Having to sit through sport center and watch clips of baseball and shitty basketball teams like the nets and bobcats just to get updated on Ron Artest suspension was turrible.[/QUOTE]

In Canada all the sports talk was dominated by hockey, not even exclusively NHL. It's also "Sports Centre" and they have an "Honour Roll" up there.

[quote name='Maklershed']dat sriracha[/QUOTE]

ive never tried it whats it taste like?im always interested in trying new hotsauces. had some a few years back from firehouse subs that was amazing. most times i just use texas pete and if im in a bind tapatio works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back