It Took 18 Seconds to Realize I Was Watching Fat Dudes Hug Each OTTher

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='munch']The vs. forum is a cesspool.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. Then again, I can't stand dohdough....

I get my fill of political/current events discussion over at Fark anyhow.

[quote name='eldergamer']And one hour or less until bedtime. I hope all of Uncharted 2 isn't a flashback to the impressive first 15 minutes.
In Media Res ?[/QUOTE]

It takes 1/2-2/3 of the game to get back to where you start, I think.

[quote name='Maklershed']Anybody get Bloodforge on XBLA? Looks intriguing to me. It seems to be a mix between 300 and God of War.[/QUOTE]

First I've heard of it? Got a link to good material on it?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
First I've heard of it? Got a link to good material on it?[/QUOTE]

I was just looking at this video after hearing about it on Weekend Confirmed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YowUDRdww0I

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Everything I've seen and read says that Bloodforge isn't even a decent God of War clone like Dante's Inferno.[/QUOTE]

Hows that? I could go for a good God of War type game when ME3 is done.

I tested Bloodforge. I'd say it's an OK GOW clone, though I'd say it's closer in style and gameplay and quality to the Conan game from a few years back (which I actually enjoyed).

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I tested Bloodforge. I'd say it's an OK GOW clone, though I'd say it's closer in style and gameplay and quality to the Conan game from a few years back (which I actually enjoyed).[/QUOTE]

Nice I loved that game.

Oh yeah, before I forget. I bought James Bond's gun at the gun show a last weekend. Now to get some nice wood grips for it.

d4f76cf3.jpg

Howdy. Sick day today. Migraine from allergies and such.

And my first world problem for the day - tried to make a breakfast burrito but the wheat burrito I used was all crackly and broke apart all over the place and the cheese I used tasted like puke.

And so once again I have to turn into a little whiny bitch at work "Uhm, I woke up really early because of those kids. Please don't make me stay here until 11:30!"

Why, oh why, little 4 year old must you wake up at 4 am shrieking in a high pitched girly voice about needing to go downstairs for an apple! fuck. If the traffic wasnt so bad and my wife didnt have the same schedule I'd almost want day shift at this point. Of course, there's no openings anywhere.

And day shift is usually filled with crotchety old lifers who can't multi-task or make any decisions without consulting everyone else.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I don't get it. What is it?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't really sure at first but it seems to be a source of creepypasta that originated in /x/ on 4chan and eventually got made into its own site. Somewhat entertaining.

--

Does anyone know what a good price for an iPod Classic is? I see Amazon has them for $230 new, do they ever go on sale refurb at Apple or anything, or is that about the best I'm gonna get (assuming I don't want to buy used)?

[quote name='munch']Booked a flight to Nigeria, y'all![/QUOTE]
Are you going to be in a malaria zone? Love those Malarone dreams, good times.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Oh yeah, before I forget. I bought James Bond's gun at the gun show a last weekend. Now to get some nice wood grips for it.
[/QUOTE]
I've seen them done with the rosewood grips, not my thing, but they look nice.
Here are mine:
[IMG-L=5117]27252[/IMG-L]

I haven't fired the PPK in over a decade, the TPH has been even longer- over 20 years without a shot. When I last shot it, as a teenager, I was firing from a low (off the hip) angle at some cans and it "snake bit" me right where my thumb and wrist meet (as those small Walthers are notorious for doing).

How often do you (or do you at all) go to shows in your area? If you frequent them I have something I want you to look for, as a favor.

Anybody here interested in a beta code for Hybrid on Xbox 360? If you haven't heard of it, it's a third-person shooter for XBLA from the guys that made Scribblenauts.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Are you going to be in a malaria zone? Love those Malarone dreams, good times.

Here are mine:

I haven't fired the PPK in over a decade, the TPH has been even longer- over 20 years without a shot. When I last shot it, as a teenager, I was firing from a low (off the hip) angle at some cans and it "snake bit" me right where my thumb and wrist meet (as those small Walthers are notorious for doing).

How often do you (or do you at all) go to shows in your area? If you frequent them I have something I want you to look for, as a favor.[/QUOTE]
I think the whole place is a malaria zone, so yes!

I just cut down the recipe for a white salsa-type sauce my grandparents gave me. They used to make it when they owned a restaurant and the recipe they gave me made 3 "buckets", which works out to about 15 gallons.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Are you going to be in a malaria zone? Love those Malarone dreams, good times.

Here are mine:

How often do you (or do you at all) go to shows in your area? If you frequent them I have something I want you to look for, as a favor.[/QUOTE]

There's no picture! :(

There's a show right up here in Syracuse twice a year. Once in the spring, once in the fall. I try to go whenever I can.

Anyway, let me know what you're looking for. I have many sources. Just keep in mind, if it's super cool, it's probably super illegal in NY, so chances of me finding her will be slim to none, not without a felony charge anyway.

Picked this up today. ;)

IMG_5281640x427.jpg

Howdy. Another sick day for me.

Unrelated: Even though my backlog is outrageous I decided to preorder Max Payne 3 anyway. Never played a Max Payne game before but this one looks pretty good so I'm optimistic.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']There's no picture! :(

There's a show right up here in Syracuse twice a year. Once in the spring, once in the fall. I try to go whenever I can.

Anyway, let me know what you're looking for. I have many sources. Just keep in mind, if it's super cool, it's probably super illegal in NY, so chances of me finding her will be slim to none, not without a felony charge anyway.

Picked this up today. ;)

[/QUOTE]

Nice, did you get it in 30-30 or in a pistol caliber?

Here's that pic of the Walthers:

I'll send you a PM of what I am looking for. One just popped up on GB but it's too much right now. It's actually something fairly tame, but I have a reason for wanting it. It's legal in even the most draconianly legislated gun control states.

*drool* very nice Walthers. The grip i'll be getting is custom made and quite nice, I'll post up pics later.

Look forward to your pm.

Oh, and the Winchester is a 30-30.

This is just grand. All the parts for my new PC are here, but the CPU cooler, a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, doesn't come with brackets for LGA 2011 boards and cpus. Just placed an order in the nick of time with NewEgg to overnight the damn thing.

Times like this I REALLY miss CompUSA. Called several shops in the area and none carry anything like that. One shop said they've modified the AMD bracket that came with it to work. Further proof that that shop screws shit up

I think I might play Uncharted 2 all the way though without rotating another game into the mix like I normally do. I do need to still finish Back to the Future though. I'm up to episode 4, and I kinda want to see how this all plays out.

Just finished Mass Effect 3. I don't see what all the fuss is about the ending. I liked the ending I got ....

I choose to blend synthetic and organic life. Shepard saves the galaxy and it showed Joker, Edi, and Liara with a biosynthetic skin landing on a jungle planet.

EDIT: Ohh man I just realized thats the first/only game I've beaten this year so far. Generally I'm usually up to around 4 or 5 by now. :(

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']This is just grand. All the parts for my new PC are here, but the CPU cooler, a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, doesn't come with brackets for LGA 2011 boards and cpus. Just placed an order in the nick of time with NewEgg to overnight the damn thing.

Times like this I REALLY miss CompUSA. Called several shops in the area and none carry anything like that. One shop said they've modified the AMD bracket that came with it to work. Further proof that that shop screws shit up[/QUOTE]

Really? You get an older one or something because I thought it covered just about every CPU. The bracket mounts on the backside of the board and then marries with the CPU. I know the instructions in the package kind of threw me off when I first started putting it together.

I did google and see this.
http://coolermaster-usa.com/landing/lga2011/

They also have a youtube installation video up as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSq_xbxsm7Q

[quote name='Maklershed']Just finished Mass Effect 3. I don't see what all the fuss is about the ending. I liked the ending I got ....

I choose to blend synthetic and organic life. Shepard saves the galaxy and it showed Joker, Edi, and Liara with a biosynthetic skin landing on a jungle planet.

EDIT: Ohh man I just realized thats the first/only game I've beaten this year so far. Generally I'm usually up to around 4 or 5 by now. :([/QUOTE]

I choose the same ending. However, while I'm not up in arms about the ending as some are,
, I am of the opinion that the ending would have been better served if it ended just before the conversation with bastardchild with you and Anderson looking at earth.

And more idiots protesting and causing problems in Portland.
This picture pretty much sums up most of the problems:

10929908-standard.jpg

Nation of Trees flag, Anarchy sign, Bandana hiding your face, marching down the street.
(The protestors were told their march would be allowed IF they stayed on the sidewalk)

[quote name='eldergamer']And more idiots protesting and causing problems in Portland.
This picture pretty much sums up most of the problems:

10929908-standard.jpg

Nation of Trees flag, Anarchy sign, Bandana hiding your face, marching down the street.
(The protestors were told their march would be allowed IF they stayed on the sidewalk)[/QUOTE]

Yes, how dare they get involved in the political process and exercise their first amendment right to protest. fucking assholes.

:roll:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Really? You get an older one or something because I thought it covered just about every CPU. The bracket mounts on the backside of the board and then marries with the CPU. I know the instructions in the package kind of threw me off when I first started putting it together.

I did google and see this.
http://coolermaster-usa.com/landing/lga2011/

They also have a youtube installation video up as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSq_xbxsm7Q[/QUOTE]

From the looks of what came with it, that bracket isn't in there, its just the same standard bracket that was shown in the video. So it looks like older stock from NewEgg. Smells like a racket to me

I had called a few shops in my area and none sold the part. From the looks of it you have to go thru the free program or order from NewEgg. One shop I called said that they had modified the AMD one to work, but that place is known to charge more than everyone else for the shittiest service

Too late now, the order has all ready been sent to pack and ship out in about an hour probably. Thanks for checking tho, Casey.

I'm what's wrong with this country. I would voice my opinion if I didn't have to walk. Can we have a protest where everyone rides segways or something?

Also, tornado warning! :whee:

[quote name='Golden Idol']Studying CryEngine 3. Going to make a Slasher Horror game. Got a group of five with me. Kickstarter here I come.[/QUOTE]

The urge is kicking in.....

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yes, how dare they get involved in the political process and exercise their first amendment right to protest. fucking assholes.

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Oh, you can protest. But they're not exempt from the same rules that the rest of us have to follow.

Oddly enough, last year's May Day march for Worker's Rights and Immigration reform had no violence or problems.

Wasn't sure what game I wanted to start next in my backlog, so figured I'd take a page from the OTT and start Enslaved.

[quote name='Golden Idol']Studying CryEngine 3. Going to make a Slasher Horror game. Got a group of five with me. Kickstarter here I come.[/QUOTE]

Cool story, Brah.

I'll be starting chapter 3 tomorrow, and liking Enslaved so far. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much going in, maybe because the lead character is named Monkey, but loving it.

Deadspin's stuff about this Sarah Phillips person is fantastic. I read her mailbag one time and thought it was fairly lame but I didn't realize she was a terrible person. I can't wait to see what else they dig up because Espn probably isn't going to do shit. It's hilarious that the world wide leader is so cheap they won't even fly someone out for an interview for their website. Being cheap fucked them over again.

I'd link to it but I am on my phone. Totally worth a read if you are into sports or good investigative journalism. Kind of reminds me of the Lina investigation here on CAG.

I hadn't even heard of her until tonight, but between Deadspin's coverage and the internet's subsequent mission to discredit her, it's been pretty incredible to read. There's so many twists and turns to the story that it's ridiculous to think she believed she'd get away with it.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Deadspin's stuff about this Sarah Phillips person is fantastic. I read her mailbag one time and thought it was fairly lame but I didn't realize she was a terrible person. I can't wait to see what else they dig up because Espn probably isn't going to do shit. It's hilarious that the world wide leader is so cheap they won't even fly someone out for an interview for their website. Being cheap fucked them over again.

I'd link to it but I am on my phone. Totally worth a read if you are into sports or good investigative journalism. Kind of reminds me of the Lina investigation here on CAG.[/QUOTE]

ESPN fired her shortly after the piece came out. I agreed that it was a fun read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back