Kane & Lynch didn't sell 1,000,000 & Zack & Wiki didn't bomb, and other sales facts..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, I know we're all curious about how our favorite games did, but you people who post half a dozen titles are shameless, and most of you ask for titles that have already been asked. Check out the summary post and use the "Search this Thread" button at the top right of this page, and then it's just a little arithmetic. If the game is current-gen, add 70-200k to the figure; if it's last-gen or portable, add a few thousand or ten.

I would really hate to see this thread closed, and roland has been more than gracious to comply with our requests. Let's not be greedy here.

[quote name='panasonic']How about Gta vice city stories psp. i heard it sold really poorly but seeing liberty city at 2 mil i can't believe it.[/quote]

Actually, how about GTA:LCS and GTA:VCS for both PSP and PS2.

[quote name='whitereflection']Listen, I know we're all curious about how our favorite games did, but you people who post half a dozen titles are shameless, and most of you ask for titles that have already been asked. Check out the summary post and use the "Search this Thread" button at the top right of this page, and then it's just a little arithmetic. If the game is current-gen, add 70-200k to the figure; if it's last-gen or portable, add a few thousand or ten.

I would really hate to see this thread closed, and roland has been more than gracious to comply with our requests. Let's not be greedy here.[/quote]

Agreed. If people won't limit themselves to 3 requests then roland should just do it himself (yes, I know I just technically asked for 4). He's doing us a favor by doing any at all.

Ah, glad to see this thread back.

Just a quick 3-way:

Quantum of Solace (all versions, if possible... if not, just the 360/PS3)
Bully: Scholarship Edition (360/Wii)
Sam & Max: Season 1 (Wii)

The Bond fan in me is curious to see how well that utterly mediocre game actually did, with all of the complaining about how they screwed themselves by releasing against Call of Duty:WAW (you think, Activision?). Bully is to see how the second go-round of, IMO, Rockstar's best game did. Sam & Max... well, it's Sam & Max. No explanation needed. ;)

Thanks, roland!

[quote name='neocisco']Agreed. If people won't limit themselves to 3 requests then roland should just do it himself (yes, I know I just technically asked for 4). He's doing us a favor by doing any at all.[/QUOTE]

Unless Roland says no big lists, I don't see where the problem is.

Some of these lists to seem to be a bit much, but in the end it's up to Roland.

As always this is fascinating stuff... I think if I can find some free time this weekend I may edit the OP to include a summary list of everything posted since Roland came back (and point to DMK's summary for the older info).

[quote name='whoknows']Unless Roland says no big lists, I don't see where the problem is.

Some of these lists to seem to be a bit much, but in the end it's up to Roland.[/quote]

I agree, ultimately it's up to him how much to do. I'm just saying some self restraint would help.

[quote name='io']As always this is fascinating stuff... I think if I can find some free time this weekend I may edit the OP to include a summary list of everything posted since Roland came back (and point to DMK's summary for the older info).[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's an awesome idea io :applause: That may also prevent people from asking for titles that the info has already been given for.

[quote name='Grico']Curious on the sales figures of:
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hey guys,

Had a real busy day yesterday, so I'm going to try to slowly catch up here.

Rule of Rose - 36k
Arcana Heart - 42k

[quote name='Cao Cao']Thanks for the Blast Works number; I agree, it sounded like a pretty feature-filled game, and there have been some great deals for it.

- With Puzzle Quest Galactrix out this week, I have to wonder if sales of the physical Puzzle Quest: COTW versions (DS, PSP, PS2, and Wii) is why they limited the new one to the DS.

- Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past was recently announced in Nintendo Power (Short story: It's what the first release should have been), so I can't help but wonder what the first release, Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles (DS), has sold. On that note, there are a few other visual novel-type games I'd be interested in hearing about: Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law (PS2, PSP, Wii) and Time Hollow (DS).

- Not only has Okami had a Wii port this year, it was also reprinted under the PS2's Greatest Hits label. It might be interesting to see how the reprint increased sales.

- Air Traffic Chaos, Bangai-O Spirits, Bleach: Dark Souls, and Kirby Super Star Ultra were released in 2008 for the DS, so it might be interesting to see how they are faring.[/QUOTE]

Puzzle Quest - 161k (DS) 31k (Wii) 52k (PSP) 30k (PS2)
Jake Hunter - 6k
Harvey Birdman - 25k (Wii) 10k (PSP) 12k (PS2)
Time Hollow - 10k
Okami - 175k (Wii) 299k (PS2)
Air Traffic Chaos - 5k
Bangai-O Spirits - 16k
Bleach: Dark Souls - 36k
Kirby Super Star Ultra - 828k

[quote name='Shady3011']Hey, Roland. I was wondering if I can get any numbers on these games. Sorry if there are any repeats.[/QUOTE]

Some repeats, but been a while since they've been updated.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrows - 279k
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins - 248k
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - 150k
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - 207k
Castlevania: Judgment - 26k
Pokemon Diamond - 3.13M
Pokemon Pearl - 2.26M [why would one be such a bigger seller?]
Sonic Rush - 909k
Sonic Rush Adventure - 222k
Golden Axe: Beast Rider - 17k (360) 27k (PS3) [not sure if anyone read the postmortem on this game in last month's Game Developer Magazine, but it was one of the most incredible development reads I've ever seen. Incredible really.]

[quote name='GuardianE']Thanks again for all the information, Roland. I'm curious about the following titles[/QUOTE]

No prob

Chaos Wars - not tracked
Ar Tonelico - 24k
Ar Tonelico 2 - 15k
Haunting Ground - 33k
Zone of the Enders 2 - 121k

[quote name='htoxad']Thanks for the amazing information, Roland.
Do you have any data for these?[/QUOTE]

Mystery Dungeon Shiren the Wanderer - 18k
Picross - 118k
Kororinpa: Marble Mania - 49k

[quote name='Rozz']How about these....

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

NBA Street V3 - 458k
NBA Street Homecourt - 266k (360) 134k (PS3)
Dual Hearts - 22k
Apex - Not sure what this is, but it's not being tracked
Ico - 190k
Panzer Dragoon Orta - Xbox titles are no longer tracked
Polarium - 84k
Street Fighter EX3 - 261k
Test Drive Unlimited - 254k

[quote name='neocisco']I don't remember seeing Shadow of the Colossus so...SotC please.[/QUOTE]

Was juuuust about to put SotC right after I saw that Ico request....

SotC - 916k

[quote name='pimpinc333']Mega Man Maverick Hunter X PSP
Mega Man Powered Up PSP

If you could please :D

Thanks roland![/QUOTE]

MM Mav Hunter X - 162k
MM Powered Up - 83k

[quote name='panasonic']How about ironman and transformers on psp?[/QUOTE]

Iron Man - 368k
Transformers - 485k

[quote name='whitereflection']Listen, I know we're all curious about how our favorite games did, but you people who post half a dozen titles are shameless, and most of you ask for titles that have already been asked. Check out the summary post and use the "Search this Thread" button at the top right of this page, and then it's just a little arithmetic. If the game is current-gen, add 70-200k to the figure; if it's last-gen or portable, add a few thousand or ten.

I would really hate to see this thread closed, and roland has been more than gracious to comply with our requests. Let's not be greedy here.[/QUOTE]

I do appreciate the backup whitereflection. As I've said before, I LOVE doing this as I love looking at and semi-analyzing this stuff, especially to try and position some stuff my studio is working on.

Ideally, do try to limit your requests to 4 or 5 titles at most...it'll help me get through them quicker for sure.

[quote name='neocisco']Actually, how about GTA:LCS and GTA:VCS for both PSP and PS2.[/QUOTE]

GTA:LCS - 2.16M (PSP) [#1 best selling PSP title] 1.16M (PS2)
GTA: VCS - 1.17M (PSP) [#4 best selling PSP title] 437k (PS2)

[quote name='007']Ah, glad to see this thread back.

Just a quick 3-way:

Quantum of Solace (all versions, if possible... if not, just the 360/PS3)
Bully: Scholarship Edition (360/Wii)
Sam & Max: Season 1 (Wii)

The Bond fan in me is curious to see how well that utterly mediocre game actually did, with all of the complaining about how they screwed themselves by releasing against Call of Duty:WAW (you think, Activision?). Bully is to see how the second go-round of, IMO, Rockstar's best game did. Sam & Max... well, it's Sam & Max. No explanation needed. ;)

Thanks, roland![/QUOTE]

Quantum of Solace - 139k (360) 97k (PS3) 175k (Wii) 45k (DS) 78k (PS2) [who woulda thought the Wii version would be the top seller??!?]
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 179k (360) 101k (Wii) [I hadn't played this until the 360 version. VERY entertaining game, and for sure one of Rockstar's best efforts.]
Sam & Max: Season 1 - 16k

Quantum of Solace - 139k (360) 97k (PS3) 175k (Wii) 45k (DS) 78k (PS2) [who woulda thought the Wii version would be the top seller??!?]
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 179k (360) 101k (Wii) [I hadn't played this until the 360 version. VERY entertaining game, and for sure one of Rockstar's best efforts.]
Sam & Max: Season 1 - 16k

Huh, very interesting. It definitely underlines the power of the Wii when QoS's biggest seller was, far and away, the worst version. I certainly understand now why Activision was disappointed. Not a terrible seller by any means, but certainly not good enough to please "Rape 'em to death" Activision. Hopefully it'll kick 'em in the ass to make the next game better.

I'm happy with the Bully numbers. Like you said, it's one of their better efforts and I'm glad it's seemed to reach a lot of people, even the second time around. 280,000 for a double-dip release is pretty damn good.

Sam & Max. I can't say I'm surprised. Most people that wanted this likely got it on PC anyway, plus add in the fact that the Wii version was a shoddy port at best. This does help to point out that though the Wii gets a few niche games (S&M, Zack and Wiki), it doesn't really offer a great sell-through. Shame.

Anyway... thanks, roland!

[quote name='007']Huh, very interesting. It definitely underlines the power of the Wii when QoS's biggest seller was, far and away, the worst version. I certainly understand now why Activision was disappointed. Not a terrible seller by any means, but certainly not good enough to please "Rape 'em to death" Activision. Hopefully it'll kick 'em in the ass to make the next game better.

I'm happy with the Bully numbers. Like you said, it's one of their better efforts and I'm glad it's seemed to reach a lot of people, even the second time around. 280,000 for a double-dip release is pretty damn good.

Sam & Max. I can't say I'm surprised. Most people that wanted this likely got it on PC anyway, plus add in the fact that the Wii version was a shoddy port at best. This does help to point out that though the Wii gets a few niche games (S&M, Zack and Wiki), it doesn't really offer a great sell-through. Shame.

Anyway... thanks, roland![/QUOTE]

Good observations all around. I knew a few people who worked on the Bond game, and from what I understand, it started off as a disastrous project. They had to critically refocus their efforts to get it out the door. In that sense, sounds like anything is better than nothing. I haven't played it yet (sitting on my stack of to-play titles), but it sounded average at worst.

[quote name='roland13x']
Eternal Sonata - 98k (360) 33k (PS3)
Saints Row 1 - 1.02M
Saints Row 2 - 468k (360) 188k (PS3) [includes CE]
CivRev - 245k (360) 149k (PS3) 96k (DS)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the stats!

Poor Eternal Sonata. RPGs really don't sell well on the 360, but it didn't do so hot on the PS3 either. Limited audience I suppose.

SR2 really dropped off from the 1st. I guess it had a lot more competition this time. It's funny because I just started playing this game today and it's so much fun in co-op. I'll definitely be playing it a lot just like SR1. They are great, mindless fun!

I know CivRev was the 1st Sid Meier title developed specifically for a console, but I still wish it would've sold better. Such a great, fun game!

And glad to see SOTC sold almost a million. Big turnaround from Ico!

Roland, how about Bully PS2? 280k on 360 and Wii seems really good for a double dip. On that same theme, maybe RE4 for GC and PS2? I'd like to see Fable and Fable:TLC but I know...no more Xbox tracking.:cry:

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Holy shit! SotC almost sold a million?! Yowza![/quote]

That's how I felt. I was stunned. Very good news as I'm really looking forward to the next game from this team.

Call of Duty 3 for the three consoles? I believe the Wii version was ahead of PS3 at first, so I'm curious if it finished ahead. Of course the Wii didn't get COD4, so COD3 had longer to sell without a successor on the console.

Thanks for being willing to post all these numbers, roland13x! :)

[quote name='neocisco']Roland, how about Bully PS2? 280k on 360 and Wii seems really good for a double dip. On that same theme, maybe RE4 for GC and PS2? I'd like to see Fable and Fable:TLC but I know...no more Xbox tracking.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Bully - 980k (PS2) [wow, didn't realize it was quite that successful]
RE4 - 790k (Wii) 1.31M (PS2) [includes CE version] [would this be considered a triple-dipper?]

[quote name='donny2112']Call of Duty 3 for the three consoles? I believe the Wii version was ahead of PS3 at first, so I'm curious if it finished ahead. Of course the Wii didn't get COD4, so COD3 had longer to sell without a successor on the console.

Thanks for being willing to post all these numbers, roland13x! :)[/QUOTE]

Ah, CoD3...the game that helped make me decide to leave Activision. What those guys pulled off in 10 months is ridiculously impressive.

CoD3 - 1.98M (360) 318k (PS3) 635k (Wii) 1.14K (PS2) [includes CE]

Hey, roland, you answered the rest of my queries the other day but I just realized (after searching) that you missed one that I am very curious about: De Blob for Wii.

Like Z&W, I'm expecting it to be lower than it should be for such an awesome game.

[quote name='io']Hey, roland, you answered the rest of my queries the other day but I just realized (after searching) that you missed one that I am very curious about: De Blob for Wii.

Like Z&W, I'm expecting it to be lower than it should be for such an awesome game.[/QUOTE]

De Blob - 243k

I'd consider that pretty successful, though I think they spent a ton of money on marketing. I'm looking forward to playing it...it just didn't smell like a $50 game, which I think is the problem with most Wii titles in general.

[quote name='roland13x']Bully - 980k (PS2) [wow, didn't realize it was quite that successful]
RE4 - 790k (Wii) 1.31M (PS2) [includes CE version] [would this be considered a triple-dipper?][/quote]

You're right, I'd consider RE4 a triple dip. Is there no more GC tracking either?

[quote name='roland13x']Ah, CoD3...the game that helped make me decide to leave Activision. What those guys pulled off in 10 months is ridiculously impressive.

CoD3 - 1.98M (360) 318k (PS3) 635k (Wii) 1.14K (PS2) [includes CE][/quote]

Was your leaving due to the workload? CoD 3 over 4 mil? Wow. That was Treyarch, right?

[quote name='neocisco']You're right, I'd consider RE4 a triple dip. Is there no more GC tracking either?

Was your leaving due to the workload? CoD 3 over 4 mil? Wow. That was Treyarch, right?[/QUOTE]

Yup, no more GC tracking :(

And yes, that was Treyarch. Basically I saw what the workload was going to be and pretty much braced myself for a looong year. But then I got an offer to help start up this other developer, and I decided to go that way since I'd be learning a helluva lot more. And I did...after that project wrapped up (the suitably mediocre 300 for PSP), I started my own thing.

But those Treyarch guys (and the Activision production side) busted their balls to make CoD3. I still can't believe they pulled it off.

[quote name='roland13x']Ah, CoD3...the game that helped make me decide to leave Activision. What those guys pulled off in 10 months is ridiculously impressive.

CoD3 - 1.98M (360) 318k (PS3) 635k (Wii) 1.14K (PS2) [includes CE][/QUOTE]

Thanks! Makes me all the more confused as to why there wasn't a CoD4 for the Wii.

[quote name='donny2112']Thanks! Makes me all the more confused as to why there wasn't a CoD4 for the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Inifinity Ward doesn't do Wii. Kind of a silly business model if you ask me, but that's the stance so far.

CoD: WaW has sold 550k on the Wii so far. Totally silly business model.

Very interesting thread! Only thing I'm kinda curious about that I didn't see anyone ask about is:

Chibi-Robo (DS)

Wanna see how bad making it a Walmart exclusive burned Nintendo. :)

[quote name='Nogib']Very interesting thread! Only thing I'm kinda curious about that I didn't see anyone ask about is:

Chibi-Robo (DS)

Wanna see how bad making it a Walmart exclusive burned Nintendo. :)[/QUOTE]

Since NPD doesn't officially track WalMart stuff, this shouldn't be on the list.

However, they list 3 official copies sold. I guess some mom & pop shop bought and sold some?

[quote name='roland13x']Inifinity Ward doesn't do Wii. Kind of a silly business model if you ask me, but that's the stance so far.

CoD: WaW has sold 550k on the Wii so far. Totally silly business model.[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if Activizzard makes a change there after seeing the Wii numbers for both CoD 3 and WaW. Even if IW doesn't do the port they could farm it out to another dev team.

[quote name='roland13x']1) Puzzle Quest - 161k (DS) 31k (Wii) 52k (PSP) 30k (PS2)
2) Jake Hunter - 6k
3.5) Harvey Birdman - 25k (Wii) 10k (PSP) 12k (PS2)
3) Time Hollow - 10k
4) Okami - 175k (Wii) 299k (PS2)
5) Air Traffic Chaos - 5k
3) Bangai-O Spirits - 16k
3) Bleach: Dark Souls - 36k
6) Kirby Super Star Ultra - 828k[/QUOTE]

1) Wow, that's quite a spread for Puzzle Quest, no wonder they went with the DS for Galactrix. Still, the PSP version didn't do too badly for itself, which makes me sad that they didn't go with a PSP version for Galactrix.

2) After seeing this number, it is pretty surprising that Aksys is trying Jake Hunter again. Guess I can't fault them for having moxie, and at least they're localizing it the right way this time.

3) Sad about Time Hollow's number, that adventure game was actually pretty good (Then again, it did have a pretty limited print run, so who knows if that contributed to this). Bleach 2 and Bangai-O Spirits are other sad figures, since they're Treasure titles, and they are both excellent.

3.5) Harvey Birdman is pretty much as expected; it may have been a short game, but it did have a good sense of humor. It's surprising that the Wii version was the top seller, since it was more expensive than the other two. Honestly, I can't help but wonder if they ended up holding the game back by putting it on the PSP, since I believe that all three versions were about the size of a UMD (~1.8GB). It's nice to have portability like a Phoenix Wright gam, but perhaps if they relegated it to DVDs, it would have been a longer game.

4) I believe that I'm repeating what you said during the last round, but Capcom still let Clover go with those sales? Those Wii figures show that Okami has some staying power, and 37k sales for the reprint this year is also pretty impressive.

5) Karma's a *****, as Majesco has learned. Too bad, because ATC is a good little puzzler.

6) Wow, just wow, at Kirby SSU's numbers, and only after a few months to boot. Guess that's why they finally decided to bring over Starfy.

[quote name='roland13x']Yup, no more GC tracking :([/quote]
I'm going back to a point you made earlier about the NPD, but it really needs to be stressed in this case. I'm referring to systems that are no longer tracked (GC, XBox, GBA), and presumably not sold to businesses. I mean, I can see not revealing currently tracked systems due to potential profit and whatnot, but what's the point of keeping non-tracked consoles confidential? Which option seems to have more benefits: A) Locking the non-tracked console data into some safe? B) Making the data public?

I can't see what the NPD could lose by making the non-tracked data public (Assuming that they aren't offering it as another package), and it can be interesting stuff (How has Brawl sold in comparison to Melee? Has Halo 3/Metroid Prime 3 surpassed its predecessors in sales? (If NPD has tracked sales this far back) How many copies did Shenmue sell?).

[quote name='roland13x']Inifinity Ward doesn't do Wii. Kind of a silly business model if you ask me, but that's the stance so far.

CoD: WaW has sold 550k on the Wii so far. Totally silly business model.[/QUOTE]

Very impressive numbers for both Call of Duty 3 and CoD: World at War for the Wii. I imagine that WaW will sell plenty more units due to having the online mode that 3 lacked. Another good comparison point may be to look how the other FPSes for the Wii have fared; Metroid Prime 3 already had some nice numbers in the last round, but it's a Nintendo game and it has still held its MSRP; Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is another interesting one, as its controls were praised as on par with MP3 (Plus it had well-publicized online play); Finally, there's Red Steel, which apparently sold well enough to warrant a sequel that they're likely holding off on for WiiMotion+ due to the swordfighting element.

EDIT: I have been thinking about this for a few days now, but it seems like an odd trend that the PS3 version of CoD3 sold only 300k copies, while CoD4 sold over/close to a million on the PS3 (Going by the first post). That's quite a sales jump, and it would be difficult to say that the Modern setting was the only reason behind it. Considering the fact that CoD4 was only released on the PC, 360, and PS3, I have two theories for this occurrence:
1. There are more PSWii owners out there than we thought.
2. Much of the sizable PS2 audience simply went over to the PS3 when CoD4 was released.
The Wii version has sold 550k so far, but how does it compare to the World At War sales for the rest of the consoles (PS3, 360, PS2)?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Nintendo owns 7 of the top 9 selling Wii games"

No surprises, there. Have you seen some of the crap for the Wii? Whatever happened to the Nintendo Seal of Quality? It's obviously not getting much use these days.

official_nintendo_seal_of_quality_original.jpg

Remember this?

Hey, thanks a lot, Roland. I'll have to check out that Golden Axe postmortem. They really talked up this game during development and seemed really enthusiastic about it, so it's kind of sad to see it crash and burn so badly.

[quote name='roland13x']No prob

Chaos Wars - not tracked
Ar Tonelico - 24k
Ar Tonelico 2 - 15k
Haunting Ground - 33k
Zone of the Enders 2 - 121k[/quote]

Chaos Wars was another one of those Gamestop Exclusives. Does NDP not get some numbers from Gamestop? Or was it just not a tracked SKU?

I'm not really surprised by any of those numbers. Zone of the Enders 2 actually did better than I thought it did. Thanks!

[quote name='CheepGamez']"Nintendo owns 7 of the top 9 selling Wii games"

No surprises, there. Have you seen some of the crap for the Wii? Whatever happened to the Nintendo Seal of Quality? It's obviously not getting much use these days.

official_nintendo_seal_of_quality_original.jpg

Remember this?[/quote]

They actually changed it to the Nintendo Seal a long time ago due to Nintendo no longer regulating the quality of many of the titles on the platforms.

[quote name='roland13x']Good observations all around. I knew a few people who worked on the Bond game, and from what I understand, it started off as a disastrous project. They had to critically refocus their efforts to get it out the door. In that sense, sounds like anything is better than nothing. I haven't played it yet (sitting on my stack of to-play titles), but it sounded average at worst.[/QUOTE]

As a major Bond fan (I even still own 007 Racing, just to offer perspective), Quantum of Solace was an absolutely soulless effort, even by Activision's standards.

Plus it's not really, at all, based on Quantum of Solace; it's a storyline sammich that uses the beginning and end of QoS as the bread, and the majority of Casino Royale as the stuff in the middle. The online, however, is pretty much plagiarized COD4 with some Bond-isms added. Not bad.

I don't think you'll regret playing it, but you may wish you spent your time doing something else.

[quote name='Rozz']They actually changed it to the Nintendo Seal a long time ago due to Nintendo no longer regulating the quality of many of the titles on the platforms.[/QUOTE]

This is myth #1 in the video game world, right after "Mario can shoot Mike Tyson in Punch-Out!"

[quote name='Strell']This is myth #1 in the video game world, right after "Mario can shoot Mike Tyson in Punch-Out!"[/quote]

Well, the article EGM ran about it stated this a fact and mentioned that Nintendo started doing this when all of the shovel ware started hitting the GBA. So, I don't believe it as a mere myth.

It always meant one thing - the game worked on the system. Quality meant it had been tested and faithfully ran, and was never an indication of the game ever being any good. Look at the NES and the troves of nonsense on it.

EGM brought it up and people started applying it in the usual fanboy spin way to make it mean something else it didn't.

Don't confuse the fact that "quality" has multiple definitions, people. Microsoft and Sony do the same thing. Sega did it. NEC did it. Every last game company in the world has done it - it's not some Nintendo specific thing.

The seal argument is goofy. I have always looked at it as something that says "Nintendo gets money from this game and it won't give your console electric syphilis." You know, they way a Color Dreams cart would.

I'm fascinated by the jump from Ico to SotC. How in the world did that happen, and when we find out, give the formula to Sega to they feel compelled to bring Yakuza 3 stateside!

Roland,
Any numbers for my girl Rayne from Bloodrayne 1 and 2 for the PS2 since the other versions aren't tracked now?

Thanks once again.

Glad to see this thread making a comback.

I'd be curious to see how much Too Human ended up selling. My guess is the 250k range.

Few games if you're still doing this:

Mass Effect Limited Edition
Bioshock Limited Edition
Ninja Gaiden II
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Condemned 2: Bloodshot

Thanks.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Roland,
Any numbers for my girl Rayne from Bloodrayne 1 and 2 for the PS2 since the other versions aren't tracked now? Thanks once again.[/QUOTE]

At E3 around the time of Bloodrayne 2's release, they had one of the hottest/scariest booth babes dressed as Rayne. It'll stick with me until I die.

Both PS2 numbers only
Bloodrayne 1 - 164k
Bloodrayne 2 - 108k

[quote name='donny2112']Call of Duty 4 PS3/360 and Rock Band 1/2 PS2?

:)[/QUOTE]

CoD4 - 4.73M (360) 1.86M (PS3) [covers all versions, CE/GOTY]
RB1 - 1.15M
RB2 - 137k

[quote name='Walt Jay']Glad to see this thread making a comback.

I'd be curious to see how much Too Human ended up selling. My guess is the 250k range.[/QUOTE]

Good guess

Too Human - 231k

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Few games if you're still doing this:

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect Limited Edition - 37k
Bioshock Limited Edition - Not tracked separately, which is strange
Ninja Gaiden II - 517k
Condemned: Criminal Origins - 387k
Condemned 2: Bloodshot - 202k (360) 99k (PS3) [I've heard a large number of key Condemned developers ended up at Bungie once this shipped]

[quote name='roland13x']CoD4 - 4.73M (360) 1.86M (PS3) [covers all versions, CE/GOTY]
RB1 - 1.15M
RB2 - 137k[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='roland13x']Condemned 2: Bloodshot - 202k (360) 99k (PS3) [I've heard a large number of key Condemned developers ended up at Bungie once this shipped][/QUOTE]

Any theories as to why? Maybe Bungie were looking for people with multi-platform experience?

[quote name='donny2112']Thanks!

Any theories as to why? Maybe Bungie were looking for people with multi-platform experience?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but I doubt it. Most likely is that Seattle is a rather tight-knit development community, and while Condemned 2 did have its share of issues, its art design and production qualities were top-notch. Running a developer, I know that individual talent is your largest asset by far. So if you get the chance to add top of the line talent, you have to take it.

Either that, or Master Chief is going to be a raging drunk with a couple missing fingers and no neck who has visions of demons in the next Halo game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back