Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition Xbox One back in stock Microsoft Store

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I have waited and waited for a month for this damn thing to come back in stock as I refresh the Microsoft page a dozen times daily. Right now the item is back in stock on the Microsoft store page for $59.99. I know it is not a deal as far as being below MSRP and it is only the box and pins and there is no physical disc (you still have to download the game), but eBay sellers are selling this for $120+ which I refuse to buy. I love this game and even have the fight stick and now I just bought this. If you want this, you better buy it now. It is the ONLY place you can buy this version and they do offer free shipping. I highly recommend getting this now.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Killer-Instinct-Pin-Ultimate-Edition-for-Xbox-One/productID.287694100

The Pin Ultimate Edition was designed by Penny Arcade and includes the first two pins (Jago and Killer Instinct 3D Logo) from a collection of 16, packed in a premium case that unfolds into a pin display. Start your collection now!

The game also features all the Killer Instinct Ultra Edition content, which includes:

• All Season 1 characters (8)*
  • Season pass for all costumers (8) and accessory packs (16)*
  • Early access to all Season 1 content
  • Original Killer Instinct Classic Arcade game

It was only available for pre-order at the MS store online and in very small quantities at MS stores that were scooped up the same day the Xbox One was released. You won't get this for under $100 + shipping on eBay. Until now that is. :)

Of course, after I wait nearly a month for my local store to get my reserved copy in stock this happens. I just got mine Friday. Can't complain though the manager let me have any XB1 game I wanted off the shelf for free as a make-up. Only had one left I wanted so I took a Day One Ryse. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am all too happy to oblige. I only wanted Dead Rising 3 and Ryse Day One Editions as well as this extremely limited Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition.

Is this a good deal? Even for someone who just wants Killer Instinct?

I just got an Xbox One and was planning to buy the DLC anyway, might as well get this if its the better deal

It is $20 more than the season pass, but it is collectible and very limited to just MS stores.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/killer-instinct

9813c672-f911-49cf-ba33-350dd07aaaf3.jpg

Eh screw it ordered, thanks OP.

KI will probably be the most played game I play on my One anyway. Now to try and catch that damn Fight Stick in stock

Things I know I shouldn't buy ... but just did. I figure, this is the only opportunity to grab this, unless they release a physical edition once the first season is complete (which they very well may), but the concept is unique and these seem pretty rare.

I dunno, I already have combo breaker edition.

Also, isn't there a good chance I won't be able to earn the whole pin collection? I feel pretty iffy about this. Pretty cool concept though.

I dunno, I already have combo breaker edition.

Also, isn't there a good chance I won't be able to earn the whole pin collection? I feel pretty iffy about this. Pretty cool concept though.

How is it "iffy" when all pins will eventually be available through Penny Arcade store for those older folks which cant complete the challenges?? People just like to complain for anything lol

You can also trade for pins you don't have at PAX and other events :)

I give up Microsoft Store has been nothing but a failure for me when it has come to this game. Between waiting in line for it after calling up and ensuring they had it during the Xbox One launch. Then ordering it online and having the order go into some form of satanic limbo. Not to mention their completely inept customer service department who don't escalate issues or have the decency to call you back. I tried one last time and now they say that my account has been blocked... They don't even have a good enough reasoning for taking such actions.

Who the fuck would buy that? It isn't even a deal. Hell you dont even get a physical copy of the game. Thats more like a 20 dollar item at best.

Oh, cute, people who think they have the only opinion on what people like.  Usual stuff around here *rolls eyes*.

I picked this up cause I love KI, and didn't get a chance to get it when it was up before.

Im a huge fan of KI and would have loved to get this, but I wanted to play KI on launch night getting my Xbox One and I wasn't about to wait for this to come in stock.

I actually still would have bought this but since I already spent $40 on the ultra edition of the game, I would just have bought the pin edition and sell the game code online at a slightly reduced price to make up a bit of the difference.

HOWEVER! Your redemption code for the game for the pin edition, is the exact same code you need to input to register yourself to earn pins in online challenges. 

So yeah. Not about to drop an additional $60 for that. Such a shame.

Heads up for achievement whores. I just downloaded KI Classic and it has a full 1k achievement list. Didn't know it was going to have one so this is a happy surprise. :D

Heads up for achievement whores. I just downloaded KI Classic and it has a full 1k achievement list. Didn't know it was going to have one so this is a happy surprise. :D
"XBLA" name and branding got dropped and now all downloadable games on Xbox One are reffered to as just regular games like everything else so no more 200-400 pts. for smaller/downloadable titles, which is good news indeed.

"XBLA" name and branding got dropped and now all downloadable games on Xbox One are reffered to as just regular games like everything else so no more 200-400 pts. for smaller/downloadable titles, which is good news indeed.
I looked at it more like the preorder bonus from Castle of Illusion on PSN. The free Genesis version didn't have trophies :(

Ugh, now I'm gonna be whoring trophy/achievments on PS3, PS4, Vita, AND Xbox One. Eventually I'm gonna suffer a total mental collapse and end up buying a 360 to finish off some of those games too

Wait...So if I order this and receive my order in a week, Can I still obtain all the pins? Like is there a time limit to earn a certain pin, then it changes to another pin and you can't earn the previous pin anymore?

Wait...So if I order this and receive my order in a week, Can I still obtain all the pins? Like is there a time limit to earn a certain pin, then it changes to another pin and you can't earn the previous pin anymore?
Says the current challenge is till like the 17th. After that I think you can still buy them for like 15$ each? (Thats the info I have seen on other places)

Doesnt look like the current one is that hard, I just hope the game arrives by this time next week (Or atleast by next weekend), otherwise I'd probably miss it

Says the current challenge is till like the 17th. After that I think you can still buy them for like 15$ each? (Thats the info I have seen on other places)

Doesnt look like the current one is that hard, I just hope the game arrives by this time next week (Or atleast by next weekend), otherwise I'd probably miss it
$15 bucks for each pin? That is kinda absurd. The Pinny Arcade Pins were like $5-10 bucks at PAX. I don't know how ranked matches look on KI so I don't know if I can win 4 in a row. I always get nervous.

Also, MS store ships pretty quick. I received my KI Ultimate Pin Edition on release date and I think I got shipping confirmation the day before.

cool, placed an order, was bummed when it went out of stock during the first run

i just wish you could upgrade to the $40 version, i bought the $20 version and can't, stupid me cause i want to play KI classic :(

$15 bucks for each pin? That is kinda absurd. The Pinny Arcade Pins were like $5-10 bucks at PAX. I don't know how ranked matches look on KI so I don't know if I can win 4 in a row. I always get nervous.

Also, MS store ships pretty quick. I received my KI Ultimate Pin Edition on release date and I think I got shipping confirmation the day before.
I've gotten 3 wins in a row 4 times... The 4th person I play is always ranked a lot higher than me and destroys me its not even close. I've given up :(

Bought this because I've wanted it since it came out. Big fan of the original but after playing some of the dojo, I realized I'm not as good as I thought I was. The only difference I see between the $20 and $40 version is the original game, kind of a ripoff. The other stuff you can unlock once you play. Hoping I can get some pins but we'll see how hard they are.

No problem and I hope 2014 is better for you as well as everyone else. Here's to hoping we get amazing deals as well as great prosperity in our personal lives. Happy new year to everyone.

BTW, I did not see this posted anywhere but the fight stick cost me $200 at GameStop and I had to give them the SKU and they did a search to find the internal inventory at all GS within the region. Two had it in my region, but the closest one was 40 miles away and they would not transfer so I drove to get it. Well worth it for me as the fight stick is the only way to play this game and I traded in some older stuff and had some existing GS credit.

No problem and I hope 2014 is better for you as well as everyone else. Here's to hoping we get amazing deals as well as great prosperity in our personal lives. Happy new year to everyone.

BTW, I did not see this posted anywhere but the fight stick cost me $200 at GameStop and I had to give them the SKU and they did a search to find the internal inventory at all GS within the region. Two had it in my region, but the closest one was 40 miles away and they would not transfer so I drove to get it. Well worth it for me as the fight stick is the only way to play this game and I traded in some older stuff and had some existing GS credit.
They are pretty hard to find and were selling on Ebay for $500 last week (I'll check now and edit with current prices). I decided not to get one yet. Big reason being that you can't use a mic with it.

EDIT: Only at $250 right meow, but the one ending soonest still has 18h left. I'd expect to see that number rise to at least $300.

So...

Is this the only way to get a "physical" copy?
And does the box have any version to it in my collection

So...

Is this the only way to get a "physical" copy?
And does the box have any version to it in my collection
I don't know what you mean by "version" but the box is really just a fold out hardback booklet to put your pins in. It has a paper insert that wraps around the book that says KI Ultimate Pin Edition Xbox One but it doesn't really stay on once you remove the plastic sealing. The booklet isn't a regulation size artbook either. In that sense it wouldn't really fit in with your collection of game cases because it is a lot bigger.

I don't know what you mean by "version" but the box is really just a fold out hardback booklet to put your pins in. It has a paper insert that wraps around the book that says KI Ultimate Pin Edition Xbox One but it doesn't really stay on once you remove the plastic sealing. The booklet isn't a regulation size artbook either. In that sense it wouldn't really fit in with your collection of game cases because it is a lot bigger.
I see the Pin box and the other box in the pic posted up, so is the other box (that looks like an xbone one) just a cardboard box to hold the other box and the code?

bread's done
Back