Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irishsoccermbw']You're absolutely right, Twilight Princess GC for 4.97 was a really shitty game.[/QUOTE]
You forgot about :360:Star Ocean: Last Hope and :360:120gb HDD's for $15. Those were equally horrible deals.:cry:;)

Hey Josh, quick question from an electronics associate. (Store 3971 to be exact). Is the fact that SYWR is going cardless have any impact the Feb./Mar. deals at all? I would really enjoy having the deals be SYWR so I can get more customers to sign up to get my store manager off our backs for a day or two :)

[quote name='whotheheck']I went to try to get LBP2 with EA Sports Active ($59.99) for half off but it didn't work. Major fail. :([/QUOTE]
EA Sports Active may be considered an accessory and not a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceFusion
So does Dead Space 2 points deal stack with the buy one get one half off?
It does.

Just a heads up for .com though, there will be no online coupon for Dead Space 2.

What do you mean exactly by there will be no online coupon? Like, the points deal isn't valid online?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']EA Sports Active may be considered an accessory and not a game.[/QUOTE]

The cashier said it was marked as on-sale for $60 so maybe the system sees it as being $100 still. Could be wrong though.

[quote name='whotheheck']The cashier said it was marked as on-sale for $60 so maybe the system sees it as being $100 still. Could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

thats usually the rule on these things. the qualifiers are on original price and not sale price or clearance price.

(at TRU though they fuck this up constantly to the benefit of CAGs)

Just a sidenote. I went to some outlying Kmarts today and they were like Ghosttowns and the stores are in need of a bulldozer. Anniston, Gadsden and Pell City all in Alabama. The Walmarts closeby look like the Taj Mahal in comparison. Videogame areas were lacking in all three. Cases stuffed full of out of date games. At least in 1 they had price stickered the spines on every game(Anniston I believe).

does anyone know if when i buy dead space 2 on ps3 if i have to get the psn card for free or can i get the ms points? wasnt sure if it was able to mix it up, id rather have ms points, but would rather have ds2 on ps3

[quote name='kearns710']does anyone know if when i buy dead space 2 on ps3 if i have to get the psn card for free or can i get the ms points? wasnt sure if it was able to mix it up, id rather have ms points, but would rather have ds2 on ps3[/QUOTE]

It's been asked and answered many times already. Josh said that you are not locked in to a specific card. You may buy the PS3 version of the game and get an XBL card.

[quote name='kearns710']does anyone know if when i buy dead space 2 on ps3 if i have to get the psn card for free or can i get the ms points? wasnt sure if it was able to mix it up, id rather have ms points, but would rather have ds2 on ps3[/QUOTE]

For the FAQ:

1) If a game offers a PSN card OR XBLA points, you can choose either type of card regardless of which console you buy the game for.

2) The Mass Effect 2 sale price does NOT overlap with Dead Space 2.

3) Kmart does NOT take preorders. You can, however, request a special edition to your store (see above) but it is not guaranteed.

4) If there is a deal on a game, the deal will also work on the special edition of the game.

5) You can not buy a game with a coupon, then return the game and keep the coupon.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Lets see if this thread minimizes the stupid questions....

I'm on the fence about Dead Space 2, mainly because I've yet to play 1. Looks like I need to pick it up when it's $10 at KMart.[/QUOTE]

Dead Space is my favorite survival horror game, and I've played many.

[quote name='freeorelse']Just a sidenote. I went to some outlying Kmarts today and they were like Ghosttowns and the stores are in need of a bulldozer. Anniston, Gadsden and Pell City all in Alabama. The Walmarts closeby look like the Taj Mahal in comparison. Videogame areas were lacking in all three. Cases stuffed full of out of date games. At least in 1 they had price stickered the spines on every game(Anniston I believe).[/QUOTE]

A walmart here in Milwaukee, WI (not the biggest city ever, but not bumfuck, iowa or something) has NBA Live 2002 for Original Xbox stickered at

I about shit at that one.

That is 1.99 more than it likely cost at release on November 23, 2001.

NEARLY 10 YEARS LATER, for a SPORTS GAME.

Any chance of a deal on the Wii version of the new Tiger Woods as well? I'm either going to buy that or buy last year's once the new one comes out. A promo at K-Mart would probably be the thing to get me to spend the money for the newer one rather than just getting a used copy of '11.

I've seen NFL gameday 99 for PS1 i think. Funny thing is that it was a newer Walmart and never carried PS1 games. Was considering buying it but i wasn't gonna pay $19.99 for a 9 year old game in 08.

[quote name='jer7583']A walmart here in Milwaukee, WI (not the biggest city ever, but not bumfuck, iowa or something) has NBA Live 2002 for Original Xbox stickered at

NEARLY 10 YEARS LATER, for a SPORTS GAME.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes we hear stories about Nintendo 64 games at $49.99 at Kmart. Madness I tell you. Madness!!!

[quote name='gotdott']Does Kmart do price changes? Like if I buy ME3 before the 30th could I bring it in and get $15 back?[/QUOTE]

"Price adjustments will be given on prior Kmart purchases within 7 days of purchase." -Kmart receipt

[quote name='jer7583']A walmart here in Milwaukee, WI (not the biggest city ever, but not bumfuck, iowa or something) has NBA Live 2002 for Original Xbox stickered at

NEARLY 10 YEARS LATER, for a SPORTS GAME.[/QUOTE]

I forget the regular xbox game that my walmart still has about 10 copies of. I've asked the electronics guy several times just as a joke as to when I could expect a price cut on the game because I really really want it. He keeps telling me to check back in a couple weeks not realizing that I'm trying to point out that its never going to sell at 49.95 or 4.95 for that matter as its a really crappy game.

Sweet, confirmation of deals being submitted on DQ6 and Black & White. That has officially made my purchase of each that much easier.

Also, just a heads up to you Josh- the date for DQ6 is listed as 2/16, the game releases 2/14 (Monday), 2/13 is the preceding Sunday, and 2/15 is the Tuesday of that week (and thus, 2/16 is Wednesday). Just wondering if you meant to put that the DQ6 offer starts on Wednesday or if it's just a typo :).

I maybe a little TOO late to the party, but how do you get these deals? I read the FAQs, but I still don't get how to get the coupons and stuff like that. I would love to get ME2 next week along with BOGO. Help would be great! :)

[quote name='sasuke543']I maybe a little TOO late to the party, but how do you get these deals? I read the FAQs, but I still don't get how to get the coupons and stuff like that. I would love to get ME2 next week along with BOGO. Help would be great! :)[/QUOTE]
..... You go to the store and buy the stuff?

I'm not sure what you're not getting. The deal is in stores. You go to Kmart, go to electronics, look in the case and make sure what you want is there, find an associate, ask them to open the case, get what you want, buy it, and leave.

I'm not trying to sound like an ass here (really, I'm not), but I'm really not sure what in that is difficult to understand. If you're still confused, we can try to help you some more.

I hope the DS2 + 50% OFF + $20 PSN card deal wont make the seller go crazy.

I remember buying Halo Reach with Vanquish for $30 + $25 coupon and they thought something was wrong with the system. They wouldn't sell it to me for such a long time

[quote name='Altanis']..... You go to the store and buy the stuff?

I'm not sure what you're not getting. The deal is in stores. You go to Kmart, go to electronics, look in the case and make sure what you want is there, find an associate, ask them to open the case, get what you want, buy it, and leave.

I'm not trying to sound like an ass here (really, I'm not), but I'm really not sure what in that is difficult to understand. If you're still confused, we can try to help you some more.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused too. There's a lot of talk of coupons. Do these deals just ring up or do I need to clip something out of sales circular? and if so is that circular sitting in the store or in the newspaper or what?

[quote name='tranceFusion']I'm confused too. There's a lot of talk of coupons. Do these deals just ring up or do I need to clip something out of sales circular? and if so is that circular sitting in the store or in the newspaper or what?[/QUOTE]

The deals should ring up with no coupon or anything else needed from you. Keep in mind that there have been issues in the past with some of the deals not working correctly. If thats the case you can speak to Josh and he can try to fix the issue.

[quote name='guitar guy']so i can buy LP + Dead Space 2 for $90?[/QUOTE]

YES that doesn't include tax BTW

[quote name='trance Fusion']I'm confused too. There's a lot of talk of coupons. Do these deals just ring up or do I need to clip something out of sales circular? and if so is that circular sitting in the store or in the newspaper or what?[/QUOTE]

seriously? for the ENTIRE MONTH OF JANUARY AND FEBRUARY THERE WILL BE NO COUPONS!!! its either gong to be an instant discount or % off... with that said who the crap clips coupons for games? and not to sound like a jerk but how the hell do we know where the circular is at YOU'RE store. :bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='medetron']with that said who the crap clips coupons for games? and not to sound like a jerk but how the hell do we know where the circular is at YOU'RE store. :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has coupons. Gamestop has coupons. And it's "YOUR" if you really want to really sound like less of a jerk.

[quote name='salty tbone']Best Buy has coupons. Gamestop has coupons. And it's "YOUR" if you really want to really sound like less of a jerk.[/QUOTE]
Your welcome.

[quote name='salty tbone']Best Buy has coupons. Gamestop has coupons. And it's "YOUR" if you really want to really sound like less of a jerk.[/QUOTE]

i guess thats what i get for typing fast, best buy has coupons in there crappy game magazine, gamestop has coupons in there crappy magazine. game coupons in circular hasn't been done in some time. unless its like one of those toys r us Christmas book or something.

Kmart weekly ad 1/23 to 1/29

Sale:
:360::ps3: Dead Space $9.99

That's the only thing involving video games on sale in the ad.

MSRP:
:360::ps3: Dead Space 2 no price listed

:wii: Wii System $199.99
:wii: Wii Fit Plus with balance board $99.99
:ds: DSi XL $169.99

:360: Kinect games for $49.99:
Kinect Sports
Dance Central
Kinect Joy Ride
Kinectimals

Quick question. If I put ME2, Dragon Age Ultimate, and Two Worlds 2 on layaway next Sunday will the buy 1 get on 50% off work for DAOU. I know I would get the sale price on ME2 and Two Worlds, just wasn't sure if the deals worked on layaway.
Thanks in advance.

[quote name='medetron']
seriously? for the ENTIRE MONTH OF JANUARY AND FEBRUARY THERE WILL BE NO COUPONS!!! its either gong to be an instant discount or % off... with that said who the crap clips coupons for games? and not to sound like a jerk but how the hell do we know where the circular is at YOU'RE store. :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Well, you do sound like a jerk. Umm, lots of people clip coupons.. I am always stuck in line behind some person with a huge stack of them at the store.

Also, not everyone sits in the Kmart thread all day - I probably haven't even shopped there in over 10 years.

SHC-Gamer said in the 3.0 thread that "Just a heads up for .com though, there will be no online coupon for Dead Space 2".. WTH does that mean? It makes me think there is a chance I need a physcial coupon and I need to go to a B&M store, and I don't know where to get the coupon. Altanis said "THERE IS NO COUPON! For the 100th time, there are ZERO coupons for January and February. PERIOD." A short time period later Altanis said "B&M only. The Kmart.com deal is going to be a coupon, since it's tied directly to your Kmart.com account". Wait... I thought there were no coupons period?? And if its been stated already that I don't need a coupon this month, where do I get the damn coupons once February is over?

Finally, some stores ie. JC Penney will have a sales circular in the store with a coupon in it. You simply pick it up and take it to the register with your purchase. Other stores ie. Macy's will have a sales circular in the store, but it doesn't include the coupons which are sent out in the local newspaper or elsewhere that you have to find before arriving at the store. Sorry for not being a Kmart fan boy and knowing which category they fall into.

[quote name='medetron']i guess thats what i get for typing fast, best buy has coupons in there crappy game magazine, gamestop has coupons in there crappy magazine. game coupons in circular hasn't been done in some time. unless its like one of those toys r us Christmas book or something.[/QUOTE]

No, it's what you get for being stupid.

The way things used to work, specific purchases would also get you a coupon to use on a future gaming purchase. No coupon clipping nesseccary. Some people just happen to have a register coupon left from a december purchase.

For the time being, there are no new coupons in the stores, but there are buy one get one sales, like the LBP2 and ME2(ps3) offers in the OP.

Online, kmart had some deals similar to what amazon does (get money off a future purchase by buying suchnsuch game).

I am out of coupons, but i will be getting LBP2, DS2, and 1600ms point card for $90.
Its a hellava deal, and i am happy for it.

The only thing in the circular thats good to know is that the kmartgamer blog is mentioned. Hope this helps you out transfusion.

Please Add to the FAQ:

Kmart does not have coupons for games in circulars. The coupons that people are referring to are printed on the receipt at the register after a purchase of qualifying games.

(stealing target thread's if you want the OP to read it, put it in red rule.)

i dont think ive been to a kmart since i was a little kid...so for these deals there is nothing special i need to do? when i go to kmart next sunday i can get Two Worlds II for 39.99 + tax? then just email Josh and get the dlc

Yes. That's all you need to do. We promise. Just go to the store, buy the game. It should ring up $39.99. If it doesn't contact Josh.

[quote name='nbballard']Josh - What's the plan for Pokemon Black&White. If the coupons are back, will they each have a unique coupon code?[/QUOTE]
As he's said multiple times (and I think even the OP addresses this), until further notice, all his release deals are SYWR points, provided he can get them approved. However, IF coupons are back- and the release date for B&W is 3 weeks before the goal date, so it's unlikely- then yes, coupons will have one-time use barcodes.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']So is it true that Dead Space 1 will be $10 or is that just a rumor. Josh, Atlas?[/QUOTE]
I just bought Dead Space(PC) via Steam for $6.80. Don't know which system you want the game on?

[quote name='Altanis']As he's said multiple times (and I think even the OP addresses this), until further notice, all his release deals are SYWR points, provided he can get them approved. However, IF coupons are back- and the release date for B&W is 3 weeks before the goal date, so it's unlikely- then yes, coupons will have one-time use barcodes.[/QUOTE]
I know, I know.. but you missed the real point of the question. I was asking if they would be treated as independent releases and each have their own promotion. So if I bought both Black and White together, i would get both credits.

[quote name='nbballard']I know, I know.. but you missed the real point of the question. I was asking if they would be treated as independent releases and each have their own promotion. So if I bought both Black and White together, i would get both credits.[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, there's never been a limit on kmart deals so just buy them in two transactions.

[quote name='confoosious']To my knowledge, there's never been a limit on kmart deals so just buy them in two transactions.[/QUOTE]

Yea- worst case scenario, that's what I'll do. It was really less of a question about how to structure my purchase and a curiosity about how Josh structures his deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back