Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was sort of annoyed when I got carded buying Homefront, I'm only a 19 year old college student whose bought multiple M rated games from the same Kmart before. Never got carded until that time.

[quote name='alpha064']I was sort of annoyed when I got carded buying Homefront, I'm only a 19 year old college student whose bought multiple M rated games from the same Kmart before. Never got carded until that time.[/QUOTE]

Some stores card everyone now I am 35 and they card me. At gamestop the guy says I know your over 18 but I have to look again....

[quote name='alpha064']I was sort of annoyed when I got carded buying Homefront, I'm only a 19 year old college student whose bought multiple M rated games from the same Kmart before. Never got carded until that time.[/QUOTE]

It's not the end of the world.

Complete Kmart weekly ad for next week 3/20 to 3/26:

Deals:

:ps3: Buy a 160GB PS3 for $299.99, get a $50 Kmart Award Card* for free
*Fine print says layaway purchases receive savings off the layaway contract instead of an Award Card.

:360::ps3: Buy Crysis 2 for $59.99, get Earforce X11 for $39.99 or PX21 headset for $59.99 after $20 off.
[quote name='"first post"']3-22 Crysis 2 Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets[/quote]

:wii: Wii system $179.99

:ps3: Buy PS Move bundle ($99.99) and Playstation Move Heroes ($39.99) together, get $25 off the total, which is $114.98.

MSRP:

:360::ps3::wii: Lego Star Wars 3 $49.99
[quote name='"first post"']3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included[/quote]

:ds: Lego Star Wars 3 $29.99

:ps3: 320GB PS3/PS Move bundle $399.99

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']4 more 'likes' needed.

Come on, guys![/QUOTE]

He's made 502. Pretty quick work of that one once word got around. Guess we will be seeing KmartGamer on Facebook now.

For those in the know if I orded a PS3 tonight for instore pick up would I get the $50 giftcard upon pick up tomorrow? I just wonder as I have to go out of my way to pick it up.

[quote name='bzchanboy']For those in the know if I orded a PS3 tonight for instore pick up would I get the $50 giftcard upon pick up tomorrow? I just wonder as I have to go out of my way to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

The only way I can see that working is by getting it at the store via store pickup and then returning it and repurchasing it.

[quote name='bzchanboy']For those in the know if I orded a PS3 tonight for instore pick up would I get the $50 giftcard upon pick up tomorrow? I just wonder as I have to go out of my way to pick it up.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the systems aren't tied unfortunately. Definitely recommend either doing the return rebuy or just straight up instore.

[quote name='Phenomic']He's made 502. Pretty quick work of that one once word got around. Guess we will be seeing KmartGamer on Facebook now.[/QUOTE]
Thank you everyone! Really helped me out big time.

[quote name='LouieT']Complete Kmart weekly ad for next week 3/20 to 3/26:

Deals:

:ps3: Buy a 160GB PS3 for $299.99, get a $50 Kmart Award Card* for free
*Fine print says layaway purchases receive savings off the layaway contract instead of an Award Card.

:360::ps3: Buy Crysis 2 for $59.99, get Earforce X11 for $39.99 or PX21 headset for $59.99 after $20 off.

:wii: Wii system $179.99

:ps3: Buy PS Move bundle ($99.99) and Playstation Move Heroes ($39.99) together, get $25 off the total, which is $114.98.

MSRP:

:360::ps3::wii: Lego Star Wars 3 $49.99

:ds: Lego Star Wars 3 $29.99

:ps3: 320GB PS3/PS Move bundle $399.99[/QUOTE]
The only thing worth noting is that Sony is shipping Playstation Heroes on 3/22 so really the game won't hit stores until the end of the week. I am extending the deal through the end of next week.

[quote name='ithebigc']Got in on both the Homefront and the Yakuza 4 offer with no hassle. This was the same K-Mart (Diamond Bar) that gave me no end of trouble before, so it seems Josh's instructions is slowly getting through to them. Gotta say too, as the first time I have used SYWR it's really, really convenient. I don't know any other rewards program that works this quickly. Bought Homefront first, then immediately used the 10000 pts on Yakuza 4, then used the 10000 pts from Yakuza 4 for a pair of jeans. The way this works, I wouldn't mind if we don't ever see coupons again :lol:[/QUOTE]
LOL; how the times have changed. Didn't think I'd see the day when SYWR was actually desired instead of gaming coupons.

[quote name='DPsycho']Ideally, we'll find out soon. Josh wanted to post them Thursday but seemed to be waiting on a confirmation, and he's a busy guy right now from the look of things.[/QUOTE]
$20 coup on Nascar, Tiger, Shift 2. Save $10 on D7 and $15 off WWE purchase on WWE All Starts + $10 coup.

Thanks for the patience!

[quote name='SativaSam']I'm pretty sure yesterday I was reading through this thread and one of the SHC guys said that Bulletstorm will be $39.99 next week. Is that true?[/QUOTE]
Yeppers! I'm about to hit the hay, but when I update the OP tomorrow morning I'll make sure it is included.

[quote name='confoosious']oh. yes. that was because people were abusing the system and buying 2 copies of Starcraft or whatever and getting 2 $20 coupons. Then they'd return the 2 copies of starcraft but keep the coupons. Then they'd use the 2 coupons to get starcraft for $10. So.... no stacking was a way to mitigate risk.

I've lost track of what the hell kmart is gonna do anymore but the best solution seemed to me to be unique coupon codes tied to a SYWR card. (as opposed to points.) That way, if someone was doing something shady, it could easily to tracked back to an account. And then Josh would go punch them in the face.[/QUOTE]
Definitely a punch to the face :)

The new coupons will only be able to be used once and tied to the SYWR account etc.

[quote name='SPARDA3g']Hey,

Crysis 2 is almost out (YEAH!) and I was wondering about the 4000 points offer. What if it's not available in store? I want to be prepare for the worst.[/QUOTE]
Just like Dragon Age, we'll substitute with a $20 GC.

[quote name='nakanenui']Hey SHC guys, would it be possible to add the prices of games in the OP? It would save a little effort having to look up prices, but if its laid out up front, then its easier to make comparisons on sales vs deals. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
That's fair.

[quote name='chewy001']Who is AD Monster?[/QUOTE]
Ad Monster is my most trusted associate buyer and overall great guy; contact info is in the OP.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yeah, the systems aren't tied unfortunately. Definitely recommend either doing the return rebuy or just straight up instore.[/QUOTE]
Thank you all for the input.

Looks like i'm going to bed early tonight. I've got a nice 2 hour drive time tomorrow morning. Come rain or shine, tornado, or snow I can't be kept from a deal! Bay area weather be with me.

[quote name='DPsycho']Somehow, I get the feeling that my nearest KMart isn't going to have people lined up at the door for the launch. Probably just me and another CAG or two. KMart just doesn't strike me as part of the plan for rabid early adopters.[/QUOTE]
Agreed; Part of me kind of likes it this way :)

At the rate we are going probably only another year though before the cats out of the bag so to speak.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Thank you all for the input.

Looks like i'm going to bed early tonight. I've got a nice 2 hour drive time tomorrow morning. Come rain or shine, tornado, or snow I can't be kept from a deal! Bay area weather be with me.[/QUOTE]
LOL, best of luck!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yeppers! I'm about to hit the hay, but when I update the OP tomorrow morning I'll make sure it is included.[/QUOTE]

Rest well, Josh!

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Hey Josh was wondering when we get to hear about the rest of the deals for the month?[/QUOTE]

It may have gotten lost in his stream of replies:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']$20 coup on Nascar, Tiger, Shift 2. Save $10 on D7 and $15 off WWE purchase on WWE All Starts + $10 coup.

Thanks for the patience![/QUOTE]

Got Homefront today.

Against my better judgement, the wife & I went to a KMart we previously avoided -#3127 on Rosemead in Temple City, CA.

I'd like to say it was a super surprised, but it really, really sucked. There were no PSN cards in either the electronics section or the gift card mall at all. Not a big deal, but having two employees argue about who should serve you because neither of them want to do it is pretty bad!

Took it in my stride, but damn... that was especially on the wtf side of things.

Great deal though! :)

You should run a special white trash promo on 3/29 for buying Nascar and WWE at the same time. In addition to the normal promos of course. :D

What could you give away hmmm....

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']$20 coup on Nascar, Tiger, Shift 2. Save $10 on D7 and $15 off WWE purchase on WWE All Starts + $10 coup.

Thanks for the patience![/QUOTE]

Will the coupons be usable instantly? I'd like to get Nascar and Shift 2 at same time and use one of the coupons on the other.

I will admit to not following this thread page per page... Why are you switching back to coupons from SYWR card? I've never had a single problem with points and multiple with coupons. Plus Points are more usage friendly and seem harder to abuse vs coupons. Will the coupons have a super limited usage date like they used to have? Another reason why you may be into the change back... More constant money rotating in versus people waiting and cherry picking releases.

Josh never wanted to go to strictly SYWR cards. There was just a problem with the system so they couldn't do coupons for the last couple months. Mostly, it was due to the end of the fiscal year (from what I gather).

[quote name='$hady']You should run a special white trash promo on 3/29 for buying Nascar and WWE at the same time. In addition to the normal promos of course. :D

What could you give away hmmm....[/QUOTE]

A case of PBR, a thing of slim jims, and a pregnancy test of course!

Plus lots of people, myself included have had the problem of not getting the bonus points, even though I am and others were opted in for the email.

Maybe I was lucky by never having card troubles... Cards seem to have more upside in the stores favor from my point of view. People could abuse coupons and purchase alot and they just seemed like lots of problems and dates sucked. Oh well i'll just double dip every purchase and get coupons plus keep using the card and getting a couple points per purchase. :)

[quote name='bzchanboy']A case of PBR, a thing of slim jims, and a pregnancy test of course![/QUOTE]

Don't forget 50% off a pack of wife beaters for when you need to dress up and look your best. Of course these are paired up with your new WWE sweat pants!

[quote name='$hady']I will admit to not following this thread page per page... Why are you switching back to coupons from SYWR card? I've never had a single problem with points and multiple with coupons. Plus Points are more usage friendly and seem harder to abuse vs coupons. Will the coupons have a super limited usage date like they used to have? Another reason why you may be into the change back... More constant money rotating in versus people waiting and cherry picking releases.[/QUOTE]

Probably internal financial reasons. The SYWR allow you to use the bonus points on anything, which means the video game department is giving out $20 and not receiving anything back if people choose to use their points on other things. It probably looks really bad on financial reports if the video game department is giving out $20/$25 credits and not getting it back.

[quote name='kvntwvlf']Hey SHC Gamer, what are the odds you'll make the 360 Castlevania Collector's edition $29.99 like the Ps3 version?[/QUOTE]

I'd say 0%, since he's already admitted that the PS3 CE price drop was an oversight.

Coupons are something that Josh would have complete control over, while any SYWR issues have to be relayed to the SYWR team. The SYWR team has to approve the point offers along with the values he proposes, while all coupon values are under his control, so he can set it wherever he feels comfortable. Which could mean that the face values are probably going to go back up again. The only reason we're using points is due to the reimagining of the coupon system.

Such as with Homefront, if we had still been in coupon mode, it'd have been $59.99 + $30 coupon rather than $10 SYWR and a free $20 card. Since he has no control over either points given or card allocations, it takes a little more time to solve a problem.

[quote name='SativaSam']Can anyone confirm that Bulletstorm is 39.99 this week?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yeppers! I'm about to hit the hay, but when I update the OP tomorrow morning I'll make sure it is included.[/QUOTE]

Post 7273

You know, if you are going to ask the same question multiple times, you should at least search for a response.

[quote name='SativaSam']I was unaware you can search for specific posts, but thank you for the condescending response. I apologize for not searching.[/QUOTE]

Ah well in that case, I apologize. I have not had my coffee yet but that is no excuse.

As for searching, when you are looking at the thread, look at the top right of the first post on the page. You should have a few options up there including "view first unread" and "search this thread." If you have time, you can click view first unread and just read through everything since the last time you were logged in. Or you can search. Another handy feature is to click on SHC-Gamer's name in the first post and you should be able to see all of his posts which are normally the best source of information in the thread.

Again, sorry for the condescending response. This one is not meant to be condescending but to actually be helpful (it took me a while to figure some of this out). Have a good day and enjoy Bulletstorm for $39.99.

[quote name='$hady']You should run a special white trash promo on 3/29 for buying Nascar and WWE at the same time. In addition to the normal promos of course. :D

What could you give away hmmm....[/QUOTE]

Fried possum intestines?

Does anyone know how Kmart's warranties work for video game hardware? At Best Buy, their 2 year replacement plan (if they still have those, it's been awhile since I bought anything there) ensured that if you had a problem of any sort, you brought the item in and they replaced it for you on the spot. How does Kmart's policy work? Do they try to send it out someplace to have it fixed, or is it a straight replacement?

[quote name='$hady']People could abuse coupons and purchase alot and they just seemed like lots of problems and dates sucked. Oh well i'll just double dip every purchase and get coupons plus keep using the card and getting a couple points per purchase. :)[/QUOTE]
Those problems with the coupons won't exist with the new coupon system, a system they've been working on over the past few months with SYWR as a stopgap. People won't be able to duplicate them as they are tied to your card, and I believe that he's also suggested that the time to use them will be much more gracious than what we had before since they'll be able to keep a closer eye on what's out there.

And yes, you will still be using your SYWR card and generating base points on purchases. It will be part of the coupon process as the account number is tied to the coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back