LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='demonchylde']karky, I bow to your superior wisdom and cower in the shadow of your gigantic frickin' balls

:applause:[/QUOTE]

I am not looking to start a flame war or anything, but karkyco's concepts are against store policy and he knows it, even states so in his post. I wouldn't applaud this sort of behavior or suggest trying it out.

At this point I stick to Wal-Mart (day after Christmas) and the seasonal K-Mart clearance. They're easier to anticipate and one-shot deals. Target is too much work - e.g. checking week after week, scanning - for the discount. Target in July used to be a big deal for me - didn't check one Target this year.

[quote name='karkyco']It doesn't take months of planning, just a few minutes actually to plan out the moves and make a few phone calls. You get better at these Target clearance shennanegans with practice and experience. I will be happy to answer any questions. Here's a bit of a long winded explanation/steps on how to perform these sort of things. Long story short and to answer your initial question of "how do you know which stores had the items marked as clearance if the items are no longer in stock?", you use the online DPCI inventory checker and call the stores, asking for pricing on the DPCI(s) in question. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

[quote name='postureking']At this point I stick to Wal-Mart (day after Christmas) and the seasonal K-Mart clearance. They're easier to anticipate and one-shot deals. Target is too much work - e.g. checking week after week, scanning - for the discount. Target in July used to be a big deal for me - didn't check one Target this year.[/QUOTE]

Walmart discounts have very rarely paid off for me. I did find 99 minifigs marked for $.50 each about a month ago. The latest series with red package, don't know which one it is. It was kinda funny cause it was a combination of shock and disbelief. Made my wife go scan them twice just to confirm price. Of course bought all of them. Damn shame my son was with us cause it would have been a great xmas present. Lego purchases are for him, not me.

Kmart can be hit or miss but sometimes great prices. My stores have very limited stock to begin with.

I buy for my son, so neither clearance sale does me much good if it's after xmas except to start stocking for next xmas which is what I do every year. My son is usually one year behind on the sets he gets. This year I think I'll end up paying close to retail cause he'll want newer DC/Marvel, LoTR and maybe some star wars.

Anybody on other Lego forums? I'm occasionally on FBTB and Toys N Bricks under other names.

[quote name='pumbaugh']I am not looking to start a flame war or anything, but karkyco's concepts are against store policy and he knows it, even states so in his post. I wouldn't applaud this sort of behavior or suggest trying it out.[/QUOTE]

he's just damn lucky to have stores that would do that.

Around here, no one would even attempt to do it.

And I only have 2 Targets.... and they both suck.

YMMV of course, but I went to the local Wal-Mart after work and to my surprise there were a lot of clearance items.

None of the discounts were too deep and most of the things on sale were on the old side. Pirates, Alien Conquest some City and City Space stuff. A handful of Star Wars sets.

Good second chance for those that missed out on Target clearance I suppose.

[quote name='Broseph']YMMV of course, but I went to the local Wal-Mart after work and to my surprise there were a lot of clearance items.

None of the discounts were too deep and most of the things on sale were on the old side. Pirates, Alien Conquest some City and City Space stuff. A handful of Star Wars sets.

Good second chance for those that missed out on Target clearance I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Same at my walmart. I was actually there when they were doing the markdowns. They were resetting the whole toy department. Biggest discount was 30%.

One Walmart near me clearanced their Legos two months ago at mostly 25% - 30% off, but they have yet to drop to 50% like they usually do. Just waiting for a half off HP purple bus which they have tons.

My local Walmart has shrunken its Lego section down so much over the last couple of years that only a few sets made it to clearance at all.

Anybody in the DC area here? My son and I will be going to Brickfair this Sat...it's definitely worth the $10 to see all the MOCs.

With all this Wal-Mart talk I decided to stop by my local store and found some Marvel sets marked down. The Wolverine set was $12.

[quote name='fuerza']With all this Wal-Mart talk I decided to stop by my local store and found some Marvel sets marked down. The Wolverine set was $12.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty damn good. I'll have to take a stroll to the one and only Walmart in LA proper. Unfortunately given the lack of Walmarts as well as KMarts (only one anywhere nearby and I have never found anything remotely good on clearance there - game or Lego), I have to utilize Target as I do. Just got POTC the Mill adjusted down to $12.xx, and will be getting Hogwarts Castle adjusted down to $38.xx shortly!!!

I'm quite freakin astonished to read the sale prices you guys are reporting from your local Target. The Targets in my area (Queens, NY) have all their sets marked up 10-20% ala TRU standard. So even with their so called "clearance" tags I'm seeing MSRP or 5-10% sale. This really freakin blows.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I'm quite freakin astonished to read the sale prices you guys are reporting from your local Target. The Targets in my area (Queens, NY) have all their sets marked up 10-20% ala TRU standard. So even with their so called "clearance" tags I'm seeing MSRP or 5-10% sale. This really freakin blows.[/QUOTE]

Same way in my area. Target and Walmart near me both have poor selection of Lego, and nothing is ever on clearance.

Hit up one Walmart this morning and the back wall near the toy section was filled up with clearance stuff but nothing enough to make me bite as Walmart "clearance prices" were only about $2 - $10 (at the most) off regular prices. Didn't see anything as new as LOTR or Avengers sets. Saw some City shuttle sets, Creator lighthouse, T-16, podracers, bounty hunter ship, Cars stuff, Alien Conquest abduction and tripod, Hero factory.
Gonna go check a few other Walmarts this weekend, hopefully find something good​

[quote name='elessar123']When's the Spider-Man / Doc Ock set coming to stores? The Lego site says they're available.[/QUOTE]

This set, I believe, is a Walmart and Lego store exclusive. Although there isn't a "Special Edition" title on the box I remember reading about this info. I could be wrong.

Anywho, my store (Roc Ctr.) got them in this week so your local Lego store might have them already.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']This set, I believe, is a Walmart and Lego store exclusive. Although there isn't a "Special Edition" title on the box I remember reading about this info. I could be wrong.

Anywho, my store (Roc Ctr.) got them in this week so your local Lego store might have them already.[/QUOTE]

I actually just picked one up, lol

Found a bunch of sets I wanted on clearance tonight, at the local Walmart. Helms Deep for $80, Quinjet for 45, Hulk set for 30. Just bad timing. Too many expenses this week, but if they're still there next saturday, I'm snagging them all.

[quote name='Maskim']Found a bunch of sets I wanted on clearance tonight, at the local Walmart. Helms Deep for $80, Quinjet for 45, Hulk set for 30.[/QUOTE]

:whee::whee::whee:

[quote name='180husher']:whee::whee::whee:[/QUOTE]
I know, right? If I didn't have to buy a new duty belt for work, and school clothes for the kids, I'd be building Helms Deep right now.

Found a ton of sets on clearance at Walmart too. Thanks for the heads up.

Got:
Millenium Falcon $75
Helms Deep (x2) $75 ea
Republic Frigate $65
Podracers $49
Triceratops Trapper $25
Lego case with 32x32 baseplate $4

Saw:
Bounty Hunter $28
V-Wing $10
T-Rex Hunter $39
Space Center $39
Car & Caravan $10
Fire Station $45
Prisoner Transport $10
Mobile Police Unit $22
Police Station $55

I was able to find one Walmart out of four that had the newer markdowns. Two of the Walmarts didn't even have the LotR sets on the shelves. Prices weren't as good as others have reported, but at roughly 30% off for sets I've been eager to get on sale, I couldn't resist. Helms Deep was $89, Moria was $54 and Weathertop was $40.

Also saw the super hero, Star Wars, City, Dino and Friends sets others have mentioned marked down. The city and dino markdowns were at several stores. Keep it crazy Walmart.

They were marking down Millennium Falcon as I got there. I think I just got lucky.

Actually, I went to a closer Walmart first, that had the same prices everyone else was mentioning. There was a tag for the $89 Helm's Deep, but it was out. So I used the Walmart site, and found a store with limited stock.

Drove there, thinking the limited stock might have meant things were clearanced, and found the $75 Helm's Deep set there. They had 4 or 5 on shelves, so I got 2. They had at least 3 Millennium Falcons, and I bought one. They still had everything I bought when I left.

I did also see the Moria set for I think $49. But it wasn't a big enough markdown, and I had already bought it at full price. Weathertop was not clearanced at either Walmarts I went to, but I already had 3 sets, and parted 2 out to make 4 Nazguls free.

[quote name='elessar123']Found a ton of sets on clearance at Walmart too. Thanks for the heads up.

Got:
Millenium Falcon $75
Helms Deep (x2) $75 ea
Republic Frigate $65
Podracers $49
Triceratops Trapper $25

Saw:
Bounty Hunter $28
V-Wing $10
T-Rex Hunter $39
Space Center $39
Car & Caravan $10
Fire Station $45
Prisoner Transport $10
Mobile Police Unit $22
Police Station $55[/QUOTE]

Which Walmart in SoCal.

Checked a couple more Walmarts today and saw most of the same stuff alread listed but the only thing I picked up was the bike transport for $13.00

[quote name='elessar123']Found a ton of sets on clearance at Walmart too. Thanks for the heads up.

Got:
Millenium Falcon $75
Helms Deep (x2) $75 ea
Republic Frigate $65
Podracers $49
Triceratops Trapper $25

Saw:
Bounty Hunter $28
V-Wing $10
T-Rex Hunter $39
Space Center $39
Car & Caravan $10
Fire Station $45
Prisoner Transport $10
Mobile Police Unit $22
Police Station $55[/QUOTE]

balls

every set I found was at least 10 more... I might pick up the Dino Tri-catcher for 35, I doubt I'll find any more like that.

gah my stores suck here.

Got lucky at Target today. Found an "online item" series 6 for 76 cents. Was my 3rd geisha but whatever cheap Lego for me.

I hate you guys right now!!!! I can't spend frivolously right now, we are buying another house. I've already spent $4 grand and I haven't even moved into the place yet, we were pricing Hard Wood flooring yesterday and that is going to be about $6-$9 thousand. I think I would rather buy some Legos, maybe if I can sneak a trip. >_

[quote name='Kerig']There's literally only one thing worth doing with the Hello Kitty Mega Bloks...and this was only tempting when I found it on clearance for about 20 cents at K-mart:

HALOKitty.jpg
[/QUOTE]

How did you get the Hello Kitty head to come off, I tried and I couldn't do it.

^ oh right...that...I had to lure her down to my basement where my tools are. Seriously, it will not come off by human hands.

I was interested in the Samurai Mech set but didn't want to pay $40 for it, then I realized people on eBay sell the mech sans minifigs for $20-$30...THEN I realized suckers LEGO Fans pay an average of $10+ a piece for each of the 3 minifigs from the set!

I ordered a brand new mech set direct from Amazon that I plan on paying about $10 net for after selling the two ugly rare snakes and Samurai X (I may keep her, we'll see how strong my resolve wallet is by next week)

I went to Wal-Mart today, I didn't find spectacular deals like elessar did. Stuff was only 30% off which is still ok, I picked up most of the bigger friends sets except the vet one which my daughter already had.

Looks like Kmart has some new clearance to fit the Monster Fighters and LOTR, but don't bother, it's only $1 or $2. I'm waiting for the 50% off clearance to happen. There are some good buys. Would actually be better than WM's deals that I've seen.

They had Dino, Space, and Avengers/Batman.

Waiting for one Batman, one Avengers and a ton of Dinos.

[quote name='xycury']Looks like Kmart has some new clearance to fit the Monster Fighters and LOTR, but don't bother, it's only $1 or $2. I'm waiting for the 50% off clearance to happen. There are some good buys. Would actually be better than WM's deals that I've seen.

They had Dino, Space, and Avengers/Batman.

Waiting for one Batman, one Avengers and a ton of Dinos.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing this. Kmart extra 50% off usually happens around holiday weekends, so Labor Day is a prime candidate for Lego goodness at Kmart.

The Frodo polybag is hitting TRU stores now. It is for a future giveaway with purchase but you know how stores like to put these out early.

[quote name='prim4444']The Frodo polybag is hitting TRU stores now. It is for a future giveaway with purchase but you know how stores like to put these out early.[/QUOTE]

Is it any different from Frodo from the sets?

[quote name='El Rey']Saw a report on another board that series 8 has been found at TRU! Looks like I'll be hunting this weekend[/QUOTE]

I can confirm. They are $3.49.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']stopped at tru tonight. saw froddo but no series 8. what color package are they?[/QUOTE]

Black I think.

Anyone hear anything about the Elrond minifig that's supposedly coming with the limited edition version of Lego LotR in Europe? I also heard the fig will be with preorders of the game, a'la Lex Luther at Gamestop.

Got a email from TRU this morning with a $5 coupon for off store purchase 8/12-8/16 to min purchase. They're ad also has $15 off $50 Lego purchase online and in store, no exclusions. Free shipping on orders $49 and up. I ordered are few small sets that have little or no markup to get to $50. I added a few clearance items I've been waiting to get to get the total back over $49 with all the lego discounts to got free shipping. Got a free series 5 minifig as well, woo hoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back