MAG Discussion Thread

I wouldn't mind the 2GB update if I could stay connected for more than a few minutes. I'll just wait until tomorrow night when most everyone has gotten the update so the load on the servers is lighter.

Looks like the game servers are locked up until a certain time of day anyway. Would be nice to have it primed and ready for the morning though when they go live.

In the rare case that anyone else has an unused code, I would appreciate one (of course after Smog gets one).

[quote name='m_d_amore']Is this Gamesharable ? i got a code but dont know if i should just use it or use it with my group.[/QUOTE]

If it is treated like the Uncharted 2 beta, don't bother sharing it with your group.

The UC2 beta was shareable, but there was a restriction that didn't allow another PS3 console to play the beta for 24 hours after it was used on a different PS3

[quote name='smiggity']I was joking Mr. Serious.

The Public Beta begins September 17th, everyone and their grandmother will be in then[/QUOTE]

Cept for those busy playing Uncharted 2 Beta online on the 15th.

Log onto playstation.com and in the top right corner you should see a beta button (
button-beta.gif
).

Click that and then click on Home and it will have info for the schedule times.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Cept for those busy playing Uncharted 2 Beta online on the 15th.[/QUOTE]

so how do you get one of these keys this time around?

my friend from insomanic had to give me one for me to get in. i gots bad luck.

[quote name='enufs8d']so how do you get one of these keys this time around?

my friend from insomanic had to give me one for me to get in. i gots bad luck.[/QUOTE]

MAG beta = Qore subscribers.
Uncharted 2 = Gamestop preorder.

if anyone has a beta key they dont want to use can i plz ave it pm me if anything and also im willing to show u the bats in my pants im desperate!!!!!!

Added some info about the beta to the OP from gameraccess.

Mentions this about the next phase of the beta test:

Includes SCEE lottery winners / Active forum members / Qore annual subscribers (subscribed by 17 September) / select media
So looks like it will be some what limited again, though do note that it says SCEE. SCEA might have some other ways to get in beyond the "lottery winners".

W00t, got into the beta last night, and played a couple of round today (massive "update" download, so don't be fooled by the initial paltry ~200mb download).

[quote name='rumarudrathas']W00t, got into the beta last night, and played a couple of round today (massive "update" download, so don't be fooled by the initial paltry ~200mb download).[/QUOTE]

Yeah check your email people. I was in a group with "newbies" who got the invite last night too.

Might be a dumb question but where can i get a beta code? I'd LOVE to try it...

Well rereading the OP I guess if you subscribe to Qore you can bet a beta code. I wonder how much that costs since I don't really want it.

Yeah the beta is still going. Anyone subscribing to Qore gets in.

Can anyone tell me if beta's can be gameshared? A buddy that i frequently gameshare with has Qore and so is getting in.

No I remember getting HVB thru him from Qore because it just ended up in his download list.

Eh, i think it'll be like the uncharted 2 beta, super easy to get in. They need a lot of people. no?

Well u probably used his account. I was saying you may not be able to enter the code into an alternate (shared) account. Im sure it will be easy enough to get in. Probably by November they will have something for pre-orderers

Um if anyone will preorder Ratchet and Clank and not use their HOME avatar code, I'd trade for my Qore code so PM now. If this is aint allowed, Mods let me know so i can remove it.

It is basically not allowed here at CAG because of too many scamming cases in the past related to beta keys trading and also they believe something free shouldn't have any value. It is only not allowed in the Trading section of the forum. If it is worked out by users privately, or at least not in the trading section I think that'll be fine. I haven't seen a mod/admin makes any complain about it yet.

Anyway if anyone got a MAG code (For the sept 17th beta) and isn't looking to use it PM me we can work something out.

When does the beta end? I got an invite at PAX this weekend but I will be away from broadband from the 8th-20th visiting my parents and if the code won't work after the 20th I guess I'll have to give it away on here.

[quote name='SynGamer']Beta doesn't start until the 17th I think.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is what they stated. Its in the OP too with more details.

Right. It is kind of tiered. Each one being more open and easier to get access too. There are 4 that I know of, each getting more players. The 2nd phase just ended, next one is the one you have Hitman starting the 17th. Then in October the largest one will be offered.

>>>Added in the new details to OP, hope that helps sort things a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back