MAG Discussion Thread

[quote name='MSUHitman']But if I got a code at PAX last weekend would that of been for the public beta, or the private one going on now?[/QUOTE]

What you can do is try entering the code on PSN. Or if you are not interested in it you can give me. I"ll try it hehe. I'll reward you something nice if it is for the sept 17th beta phase.

[quote name='SynGamer']Getting really tired of these pre-order bonuses being separated out between different companies...[/QUOTE]

And I think the only pre-order worth getting is the one for the Demo access. And btw you can get all of them at Gamestop but only 1 out of all of them per pre-order.

I'm wondering if that last blurb about the beta means that they are doing a pre-order only session coming in November. Even if you were in any previous phases you might have to order early too to keep playing.

I am mildly interested in this game. I'll try out the beta first, I can't commit to buying this just yet. As for the pre order stuff, yes i agree it is getting out of hand.

If someone gets me the ratchet and clank gamecrazy preorder stuff, I'll trade my MAG Qore code. PM me!

Edit: Needs to be US/NA compatible, sorry EU ppls.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gspoon']what episode of Qcore includes the beta ?[/QUOTE]
You have to be an annual subscriber on Sept. 17th (I think...)

Hi all, if anyone has an unwanted code, or would like to do a gameshare with me of the Beta, i'm willing to negotiate a deal for it and trusted traders may go first. So yeah send a PM if interested, thanks :)

Got my Qore MAG code. If anyone wants it and is preordering Ratchet n Clank: A crack in time in GameCrazy but willing to trade their Home outfit(from preorder). PM ME NOW! USA only btw.

[quote name='Connavar']Nevermind apparently they want all their servers to get jacked on the 17th[/QUOTE]
In my past experience Demo/Beta will never be live before their announced date. Anyway I have 1 spot for Fat princess and Pain i'm willing to trade for an MAG beta code, and Paypal.

[quote name='smiggity']Code worked for me at like 9pm...What are the play times again?[/QUOTE]

Log onto the playstation.com and click on beta to find the times.

Trading/selling beta codes isn't allowed on CAG.

Since you didn't listen the first time to a non-mod mentioning it, I'm putting in a reminder.

All the relevant posts for trading/selling beta codes have been removed from the thread. Don't make any more of them, please.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Log onto the playstation.com and click on beta to find the times.[/QUOTE]

Where is this located at? I didn't see it on the main page or under "my account", nor on the MAG forums.

I got the play times from the PS Blog post though...1-4 PM EST and 8-11 EST

[quote name='smiggity']Where is this located at? I didn't see it on the main page or under "my account", nor on the MAG forums.

I got the play times from the PS Blog post though...1-4 PM EST and 8-11 EST[/QUOTE]

Ok cool. I didn't have a chance to look it up. The beta button shows up next to my profile image in the top right corner when I log onto playstation.com You can find some information about the beta there and also away to submit the bugs and such.

ive been in it since the begininng and that b eta button still hasnt popped up

servers must be getting swamped im at 40% almost 2 hours in to downloading the 1.2 patch

How much space does the in-game update after the patch require? I'm getting an insufficient data error, so I need to know how much space to clear if it's worth it for the beta to take up even more than it already does.

I've been trying to get the update all night last night and is still trying right now. My stupid internet modem keep dropping after about 1-2 hours which only about 50-70% of the update. And the messed up thing is that you have to restart this update from scratch if it is not complete >.> Why don't they just do those XMB updates like every other games. God I'm getting really frustrated with this thing. 2.6gb download and you can't resume >.>

I left last night with the update running, got home it was 50% done. woke this morn and it was stuck at 99%. restarted it all over again before leaving to work. fuck this shit.

[quote name='mykee98']I left last night with the update running, got home it was 50% done. woke this morn and it was stuck at 99%. restarted it all over again before leaving to work. fuck this shit.[/QUOTE]
totally understand your feeling man lol. But at last my update was able to finished this time without my internet dropping. Sigh!!! Time to try some MAG today T.T Do you guys think they'll open on the weekend? >.< They said in the voucher only Mon-Frid 10-1 and 5-8 PST

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you have the beta before Qore people got in?[/QUOTE]
i did . update was still 2'6gb over 3 in total

[quote name='luan87us']totally understand your feeling man lol. But at last my update was able to finished this time without my internet dropping. Sigh!!! Time to try some MAG today T.T Do you guys think they'll open on the weekend? >.< They said in the voucher only Mon-Frid 10-1 and 5-8 PST[/QUOTE]

I left it running before i left to work so hopefully it will be done today and I can try it out tonight. I hope they do open it up for the weekends since more people can get on then.

[quote name='smiggity']LOL! Gotta love their "new server technology" Seriously though I cant believe there was no lag last night md[/QUOTE]

smiggity,

Did you get to play this yesterday? What are your impressions of the game?

[quote name='m_d_amore']i did . update was still 2'6gb over 3 in total[/QUOTE]
fuck that. I'm not giving MAG 5 GB's of space for limited play times when I have Uncharted 2 that I can play.

[quote name='mykee98']smiggity,

Did you get to play this yesterday? What are your impressions of the game?[/QUOTE]

It pains me to say this but better than I thought. The bullet damage is in between Socom and COD which was cool. Still a lot of running around and not enough gunning. Havent seen the leadership stuff yet. All in all I am pleasantly surprised.

Still Zipper should not be wasting their time with this garbage, Back to Socom!!

[quote name='smiggity']It pains me to say this but better than I thought. The bullet damage is in between Socom and COD which was cool. Still a lot of running around and not enough gunning. Havent seen the leadership stuff yet. All in all I am pleasantly surprised.

Still Zipper should not be wasting their time with this garbage, Back to Socom!![/QUOTE]

Cool to hear!!! I was hoping for your seal of approval.

Hey, for those who don't see the beta tag, try using a different browser, I just logged into us.playstation.com in internet explorer and the beta tag poped up and allowed me to enter the mag beta forums, listed the times, etc.

Yeah, before it read where you were and continued. Supposedly this is part of a stress test for the downloading system... Anyone else see that?

I had a Raven character btw, we can try to start coordinating a bit now that we might have more friends online.

I haven't seen anything about a stress test... mind you I gave up on their beta forum, since it was running so slow.
I'm on attempt #4 now... 99% yesterday evening, 98% overnight, 66% today while I was at work... this is the last attempt for me, my PS3 has been trying to download the beta for over 24 hours now and the only people enjoying that work for the power company.

So the problem was they got a bug with their server today. They fixed it and everything was fine after a server restart. I was able to play 3 games. And in my opinion this game is very fun. It is like a combination of Socom + COD4 + Counterstrike lol. Great game so far. I think i'm going to put $60 on this game once it releases.

bread's done
Back