MAG Discussion Thread

7th time downloading was the charm, got to play some games with md, its a pretty fun game, only won 1 out of the 5 or 6 games I played in, did get an mvp in one of them.

Is there any way to change the controls, I hate having to hit L3 to run, so used to socom that I need some other run button.

So come Monday, I think we will all have downloaded the update for when the servers are live...

What factions do you want to join as a group ?

finally got this downloaded this morning, can't wait to check it out on Monday. For the Beta forums, I found it didn't matter which browser I used (firefox by default), but if I logged out and then back into the forums, the BETA button appeared and I was able to get in

[quote name='smiggity']Lets run with Valor so I dont have to start over :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah I got a Valor char too since I live in America. xD But dang yeah if they really want us to download another 3 gb of updates it better be resume-able T.T

Just had a really good time playing with StarkKat (insane with the sniper rifle), and got to level 15. They opened up the 128 player game where you steal vehicles, its really hard to figure out what the hell is going on with all stuff to blow up and repair.

Extended Server Hours This Week: EDTs ADDED BY ME:

Monday 9/21 8:00am - 9:00pm PDT 11:00am-12:00 EDT

Tuesday 9/22 10:00am - 1:00pm PDT, 4:00pm - 9:00pm PDT 1:00pm-4:00pm, 7:00pm-12:00am EDT

Wednesday 9/23 7:30am - 1:00pm PDT, 5:00pm - 9:00pm PDT 10:30am-4:00pm, 8:00pm-12:00am EDT

Thursday 9/24 10:00am - 1:00pm PDT, 5:00pm - 9:00pm PDT 1:00pm-4:00pm, 8:00pm-12:00am EDT

Friday 9/25 10:00am - 1:00pm PDT, 5:00pm - 9:00pm PDT 1:00pm-4:00pm, 8:00pm-12:00am EDT

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for props MisterB. You were handling business yourself so it was fun covering you from a far. I think we will do well once we get more people to help and be coordinated. I will add the time info to the OP when I can btw.

Also I'll add in beta clan info there too. In the morning, I will try and get the clan up and going. It kept crashing every time I tried to create it today, BUT I think I know what the issue is, so will try again when the servers are up.

I'll get at the details in on how to join and what not once I get to check things out closely. For now if you want to be in join make sure you are working for VALOR. I will be on hopefully for the early sessions as I have to work evenings.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Thanks for props MisterB. You were handling business yourself so it was fun covering you from a far. I think we will do well once we get more people to help and be coordinated. I will add the time info to the OP when I can btw.

Also I'll add in beta clan info there too. In the morning, I will try and get the clan up and going. It kept crashing every time I tried to create it today, BUT I think I know what the issue is, so will try again when the servers are up.

I'll get at the details in on how to join and what not once I get to check things out closely. For now if you want to be in join make sure you are working for VALOR. I will be on hopefully for the early sessions as I have to work evenings.[/QUOTE]

I already set up a CAG clan in the beta, if you want to just use that.

[quote name='ThreeRandomWords']I already set up a CAG clan in the beta, if you want to just use that.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see that, already made a Valor clan today.

If anyone wants to join the BETA clan (CheapAssGamer) just leave your PSN (capitalization seems to matter when searching so keep that in mind), and we'll get some invites zapped out.

Basically it'll help us coordinate and see who is online (eventually...). You can offer to be an officer too to help add in the other BETA players. Though we'll see if it is capped on how many we can have when I try to promote more.

I think starkkat and I are in agreement, domination is not fun at all. Its severely imbalanced towards the defending side. Got crushed both times attacking, and crushed the other team when defending. Its impossible to hold 8 points at one time when the defending team is constantly respawning really close to the objectives.

Getting the vehicle back to the extract when its smoking and getting shot up, so exciting and so awesome when its the second vehicle that ends the map.

How do you use the turrets in the bunkers, what button do you push?

Here is the game schedule for the next two weeks or so: (From the EU moderator)
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]9/22/09 Domination[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]9/23/09 Domination[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]9/24/09 Acquisition[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]9/25/09 Acquisition[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]9/28/09 Acquisition[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]9/29/09 Acquisition[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]9/30/09 Acquisition[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]10/01/09 Domination[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]10/02/09 Domination[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]10/05/09 Acquisition[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]10/06/09 Acquisition[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]10/07/09 Acquisition[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]10/08/09 Acquisition[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]10/09/09 Acquisition[/FONT]

Guess I will see you guys in a few days (unless they also unlock sabotage/acquition also)

well as usual, other people get their codes from Qore my sharegroup does, hopefully it will come soon unlike the U2:AT beta

I was fortunate to win one from UFragTV.com, during there PAX09 broadcasts

I'm VALOR too!
Haven't seen any familiar names.

greywolf87

I'm lvl 9 without a clan. It'll be nice to have a team work with.

Anyway the only way to win in domination is working as squads/platoons. But as random as 256 players can be it is very hard for everyone to work together. My platoon leader tried to give orders to everyones to defend certain points but no one ever wanted to listen and just go off on their own to get kill. I played 2 domination games last nite both time I was defending and both time got crushed by the attacking team. But at least my k/d ration alway around 2 =)

Just sent an invite to Romis, everyone else's name did not come up when searching. Please make sure your capitalization is right because that matters aparently.

ll'm up to level 16 now, focusing a specialty as a Sniper / Assualt l think its a good idea to be flexible
l agree Domination is tough if no one does a decent leadership job, its key then half seem to listen
plus l've found as a sniper it helps to get cues where your needed most then find the safest path to get there
l'll look for the invite (sometimes my id has to be CaptnStryker it seems to vary )

Thinking about starting a CAG Raven Clan, I'm at lvl 30. Let me know if the are other CAGs on Raven that are interested. Oh Yeah.......... fuck Valor.

Heres a tip for anyone wanting easy xp, in domination simply stand by the doors that surround the two letter objectives you defend, when they plant just defuse, if frago is set up correctly, easy 10xp, I got like 300 xp by just standing next to the door and defusing bombs.

[quote name='indieinsd']thinking about starting a cag raven clan, i'm at lvl 30. Let me know if the are other cags on raven that are interested. Oh yeah.......... fuck valor.[/quote]

lol, go raven!!!!

[quote name='Dahk']So I got this game in my Goldbox today. Is this going to be a good game or what?[/QUOTE]
So far from the demo this game is like a combination of COD4 with Socom/Battlefield. The game is highly objective base. You work in team (the better the team work the more chance of winning). This is a large scale FPS game.

This is still a beta so it's still hard to tell how good the game is. I still notice a lot of glitches in graphic and the graphic isn't really classify as this gen (comparable to Counter-Strike: Source I guess). Control wise is pretty similar to COD so I don't have a complain here. It seems you willl be able to control vehicles(only seen tank so far) and planes(helicopters, anything else is ??? at this point). I think if Zipper touch up the graphic for this game, and may be add a single player mode it will be awesome.

darkerpsy, you aren't showing up in the search menu...

I sent out a few invites to those who requested so check under the community tab.

[quote name='NamPaehc']darkerpsy, you aren't showing up in the search menu...

I sent out a few invites to those who requested so check under the community tab.[/QUOTE]

I just played a game at 7:30 pm CST. I just created a character all over again. Maybe I'll show up tomorrow on the list.

[quote name='enufs8d']so is cag valor in official?[/QUOTE]

No. I think that will be decided later, but for now a good number seem to have started Valor characters during this phase of beta. The next phase we might try another company as I think we will be wiped away anyway then.

I was wondering if anyone from CAG is playing too? I check the Clan and no one is ever on in the evening, I try to play every nite sometimes I'm an hour late but usually play till end.

I'll be on Tonight

How much disk space do I have to have to play the beta? I've currently got it installed with 2.4X GB free and downloaded the 1.2X patch and everytime I boot it up it says insufficient disk space.

[quote name='MSUHitman']How much disk space do I have to have to play the beta? I've currently got it installed with 2.4X GB free and downloaded the 1.2X patch and everytime I boot it up it says insufficient disk space.[/QUOTE]

Does anybody know the answer to this? I posted on the official MAG board but have gotten no response.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Does anybody know the answer to this? I posted on the official MAG board but have gotten no response.[/QUOTE]

I can't check mine, but I think the file was 3000+ MB (like 3322 or something) with everything installed.

FYI

Today's (10/7) Update was 377.83MB
I'm showing 86KB in 'Saved Data Utility' & nothing is visible in my 'Game Data Utility' folder

Ok thanks for heads up guys.

I'll get some house keeping down in this thread soon, and hope to check some more of you online during the day.

Here is the change log from the Beta Forums:

As you may have noticed, we have deployed the 1.22 update for MAG. This update focuses on some changes made to the Domination missions to better gauge balance at the end of the missions. Major items addressed in the update:

• Remove Infantry Gate from Domination mission primary objective areas
    • We have alternate gate behavior on the way, but wanted to get this in for quick testing
  • Update Domination gametype primary objective score-bleed
  • Lower initial spawn times for attackers and defenders for all gametypes
  • Update Major/Minor victory and loss scoring and conditions for all gametypes
  • Tune Shadow War scoring and win/loss increments
  • Fixes log-in issues if user has a large "block list"
  • Several server stability fixes
  • Download tuning and fixes
  • The user is now able to create a character after deleting a character that is a clan leader
I should probably try this game again, is the beta still active for non gamestop preorders?

OK i'm wanting to try this but i'm confused about how the beta works... If I preorder at Gamestop do I get to play in the ENTIRE beta from 10/12 - 11/20 or is the GS code just for the Gamestop exclusive period?

"Reserve MAG and receive access to the GameStop exclusive beta. Public beta begins 10/12 and runs through 11/8/09. GameStop exclusive beta access will begin on 11/9 and end on 11/20/09. Available online and in-store while supplies last."

THANKS

bread's done
Back