MGS: Legacy collection back in stock (amazon) (in stock)

MSRP but much better than the $110 they were going for new. EDIT: Goes in and out of stock constantly.  I bought one and it's currently preparing to be shipped, so they definitely have units.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B00CTKHXFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397069582&sr=8-1&keywords=mgs+legacy+collection

Edit: Just a heads up, the MGS1 and MGS:VR downloadable codes don't expire.  I bought a copy back in September of last year when fry's had it for $25 and just now redeemed the codes.  I don't know why I waited so long but I'm happy to report that both went through perfectly, I'm downloading them as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for kicks, I decided to check the amount of copies Konami has. The maximum amount of copies I can "buy" at once, is 9,999.

9,999 copies of MGS Legacy will only cost you $4,998,950.01, not including tax, & shipping. A real bargain, & a smart investment.

I don't believe they have 9,999 copies available. I didn't buy one, because I bought the HD Collection on eBay, & I believe I have MGS4, from when I bought my PS3 off of someone.
You had me really confused with this post (since 9,999 copies totaling $4,998,950.01 implies a cost of ~$499 per game), but the maximum copies you can add to the cart is actually 99,999. Then the math you have makes sense, haha.

I cancelled mine on Amazon last night, decided I didn't want to spend $54 to basically rebuy these games I already own, with the exception of the VR Missions on PS1.

I cancelled mine on Amazon last night, decided I didn't want to spend $54 to basically rebuy these games I already own, with the exception of the VR Missions on PS1.
Another one. The horror... The horror...

But do you have the "art book"?
"We will make ads designed to get you to buy our games. And then we will get you to buy the ads we designed to get you to buy our games. And then we will get you to buy the ads we designed to get you to buy the ads we designed to get you to buy our games. And then..."

I just got an email from Amazon stating that the item is back ordered and that if I don't hear from them again within 30 days, the order will be canceled. So it looks like I won't be getting this collection.

I just got an email from Amazon stating that the item is back ordered and that if I don't hear from them again within 30 days, the order will be canceled. So it looks like I won't be getting this collection.
Lame. I ordered last night and just got an email from them with an estimated arrival date of April 16. Hope they're able to fulfill your order soon, too.

Just got one as well.  Should have grabbed it when it dropped a bit, but I had other things on my list.  At least I had $9 in Amazon credit to place towards it

You had me really confused with this post (since 9,999 copies totaling $4,998,950.01 implies a cost of ~$499 per game), but the maximum copies you can add to the cart is actually 99,999. Then the math you have makes sense, haha.
Yeah, you right. I forgot the extra "9."

Now to check my bank account to make the purchase...

Saw two at Fred Meyer for 35$. But for those damn fred meyer software stickers! Already have a nice copy, or i might have bought even with the stickers. Anyone ever try goo gone on celophane?

is the artbook what makes this thing so expensive? Wouldn't it be for cheaper to grab the hd collection, ps1 downloads and mgs4 separately?

is the artbook what makes this thing so expensive? Wouldn't it be for cheaper to grab the hd collection, ps1 downloads and mgs4 separately?
HD Collection: approx. $40 (amazon)

MGS4: approx. $16 (amazon)

MGS1: approx. $10 (PSN)

VR Missons: approx. $6 (PSN)

There is no official US release for the Digital Graphic Novels, but a good corollary would be the Graphic Novel Omnibus.

Metal Gear Omnibus: approx. $25 (amazon)

So, grand total is... $97

Seems like a pretty good deal even without the artwork.

HD collection was available for cheaper than $40 for a long time at a few places.  Target had them for $12. But it seems price has gone back up on it most places.  I wouldn't value the novels at $25.

Legacy was a great deal at msrp for people who had none of the games.  Problem is most have a few already or have been buying the various collections along the way and didn't want to duplicate, so that is why most people passed when this was released.

HD collection was available for cheaper than $40 for a long time at a few places. Target had them for $12. But it seems price has gone back up on it most places. I wouldn't value the novels at $25.

Legacy was a great deal at msrp for people who had none of the games. Problem is most have a few already or have been buying the various collections along the way and didn't want to duplicate, so that is why most people passed when this was released.
yea the hd collection I think i got for $8.98 at target clearance along time ago

HD Collection: approx. $40 (amazon)

MGS4: approx. $16 (amazon)

MGS1: approx. $10 (PSN)

VR Missons: approx. $6 (PSN)

There is no official US release for the Digital Graphic Novels, but a good corollary would be the Graphic Novel Omnibus.

Metal Gear Omnibus: approx. $25 (amazon)

So, grand total is... $97

Seems like a pretty good deal even without the artwork.
I haven't looked, but I imagine someone has probably put the Digital Graphic Novel "movies" from this Legacy set on youtube w/ all the voice acting by now.

Saw two at Fred Meyer for 35$. But for those damn fred meyer software stickers! Already have a nice copy, or i might have bought even with the stickers. Anyone ever try goo gone on celophane?
I have used Goof Off on it. It worked for me but I was extremely careful with it. It's best to soak a continually with it and lay the cotton ball on the sticker. Letting the sticker absorbs the chemicals an it should just wipe away without a problem. Like I said just be extremely careful. If you really feel confident enough to do so I would. But if you don't I wouldn't.

Lol. I love when eBay entrepreneurs mass buy things and try to flip, and drop the price so low there's no profit whatsoever. Now they're all stuck with the game and trying to compete to sell it at a price point where they'll barely break even. Stupidity at its finest...

Lol. I love when eBay entrepreneurs mass buy things and try to flip, and drop the price so low there's no profit whatsoever. Now they're all stuck with the game and trying to compete to sell it at a price point where they'll barely break even. Stupidity at its finest...
Ironic coming from.....

Whoops.

Just a heads up, the MGS1 and MGS:VR downloadable codes don't expire.  I bought a copy back in September of last year when fry's had it for $25 and just now redeemed the codes.  I don't know why I waited so long but I'm happy to report that both went through perfectly, I'm downloading them as we speak.

bread's done
Back