MLB 08: The Show CAG League 2.0 - Dodgers World Series Champs! Congrats to cdrw123!!

GG Vega. Great pitching, had me guessing the whole time. My bad about a few pauses here and there, I'm in the middle of a live fantasy draft.

Not sure who I'll be playing in Week 7, but I'm likely to be gone until late Sunday and even then Monday will probably be the first easy time to play. I'm gonna be out of town Thursday through Sunday morning and then I'm going to the WWE PPV that evening. I may be able to play after that, but Monday is more likely.

I have good news to report. For the first time all season, EVERY game was played! Great job guys! That definitely makes my job easier! Anyway, not too many changes with rotations this week, and none that affect us immediately. Next week will probably be a different story though.

cdrw123 - Since you had the bye this past week, I'm giving you the same option I've been giving others. Since we got to use our aces this past week, you can choose to use either Derek Lowe or Chad Billingsley for your game this week. The Show actually just swapped the two and now has Billingsley as the ace anyway, but whoever you'd like to use is fine. However, next week, you'll have to use your #3 (currently Greg Maddux). Please, LET ME KNOW.

And now back to your regularly scheduled..um...schedule, haha.

Week 7 Schedule
(the current round expires on Sep 10, 2008 12:14 PM PST.)

Philadelphia Phillies (PapiChullo) at Cleveland Indians (TheUMX)
Pitching Matchup: Jamie Moyer vs. Fausto Carmona

Arizona Diamondbacks (n8rocker82) at Detroit Tigers (FuzionMC)
Pitching Matchup: Danny Haren vs. Kenny Rogers

Boston Red Sox (CaptainBackslap) at Los Angeles Dodgers (humanoidtyph0on)
Pitching Matchup: Daisuke Matsuzaka vs. Derek Lowe/Chad Billingsley

Los Angeles Angels (talon7) at New York Yankees (DestroVega)
Pitching Matchup: Jered Weaver vs. Andy Pettitte

Chicago Cubs (cusemanKeith) at Tampa Bay Rays (ICT_EsqGamer)
Pitching Matchup: Rich Harden vs. James Shields

*off this week: Cincinatti Reds (Wpark83)

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Not sure who I'll be playing in Week 7, but I'm likely to be gone until late Sunday and even then Monday will probably be the first easy time to play. I'm gonna be out of town Thursday through Sunday morning and then I'm going to the WWE PPV that evening. I may be able to play after that, but Monday is more likely.[/QUOTE]

It's me and you this week. So once you figure out availability, just let me know. Sunday or Monday night should be a problem for me.

[quote name='talonthrawn']Destro I can play tonight or Friday night/all day Sat. just lmk, would prefer to play tonight if possible :)[/quote]

the soonest I can do is Saturday... either at 2 pm est or earlier, or between 7-10 pm EST

or, all day sunday.

lemme know

I think I could do 8pm EST tomorrow (Thursday) - let me know if this works for you and I'll try to make it happen on my end!

Thanks,
Keith

[quote name='ivanctorres']cuseman let me know when you wanna get our game in[/quote]

[quote name='talonthrawn']OK, how about like 1:30ish on Saturday, should be halftime of the football game I'll be watching.[/quote]

works for me, see you then.

[quote name='melokeith']I think I could do 8pm EST tomorrow (Thursday) - let me know if this works for you and I'll try to make it happen on my end!

Thanks,
Keith[/QUOTE]

tomorrow's not look good for me. Friday I have a full slate but Saturday is looking open.

Hey Fuzion, let me know when you want to play man. I'm available pretty much all day today (9/5), and tomorrow any time before 5 pm est. Sunday, I might be busy, but if you have a specific time in mind, just let me know.

ivanctorres,

Tomorrow (Sat) morning, like 7 am - 9am EST is good, or pretty much any time after 5 pm EST.

Let me know,
Keith

[quote name='ivanctorres']tomorrow's not look good for me. Friday I have a full slate but Saturday is looking open.[/quote]

7am-9 est might be pushing it for me. I usually dont get up that early on a Saturday after a long work week. I dont want to tell you yes and then not wake up. I think we should shoot for Saturday after 5est.

GG Fuzion. You handed me my ass. Haren just didn't have it at all today. I couldn't hit the corners for shit, so I had to leave WAY too many pitches over the plate. It seemed like everything you hit was hard and just out of my reach. And everything I hit was right at your guys. Plus, I hate Kenny Rogers and wish he would die. Haha, just not my day. I'll remember this. Hope we meet in the playoffs.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']GG Fuzion. You handed me my ass. Haren just didn't have it at all today. I couldn't hit the corners for shit, so I had to leave WAY too many pitches over the plate. It seemed like everything you hit was hard and just out of my reach. And everything I hit was right at your guys. Plus, I hate Kenny Rogers and wish he would die. Haha, just not my day. I'll remember this. Hope we meet in the playoffs.[/quote]

Yeah I could tell you were just missing your spots and everything you hit was right at my guys. I just had Rogers going today, he's also my favorite pitcher to pitch with.

Good luck to you and hopefully I can make the playoffs.

Man I just realized this league has only 4 playoff teams. Guess I got bad luck being in the division I'm in.

[quote name='Wpark83']Man I just realized this league has only 4 playoff teams. Guess I got bad luck being in the division I'm in.[/quote]

Yeah, I wanted more, but with a 12 team league, 4 is the most the game would allow. We're just under halfway through the season though, and you're right in the thick of things.

I wouldn't really say anybody is out of it yet. Especially considering the fact that team ratings change with every roster update (as evidenced by my Dbacks offense getting weaker and weaker...I'm just hoping they don't all melt, lol). Anything can happen.

I just have been so busy today with my iphone trouble. Sorry I haven't been available MeloKeith.

For detail on my iphone trouble see my blog.l

[quote name='PapiChullo']It's me and you this week. So once you figure out availability, just let me know. Sunday or Monday night should be a problem for me.[/QUOTE]

Still looking like Monday afternoon or around 10 will be when I'm available. Unless you're around late and maybe I can try after the wrestling PPV tomorrow night.

Damn Destro, what a game! Quick recap I'm throwing a two hitter through 8 innings and I'm up 6-0 so in comes K-rod, gg right? Then with one out, A-rod hits a 3 run homer (I was getting cocky and shoulda walked him with first open) then he gets a couple more hits for another run. Had to bring in Speier to close it out. Damn near gave me a heart attack. I figured when I had to pull Weaver because he couldn't throw a strike you might get a run or two but 4 on K-rod, that was sick. gg man, can't wait for the rematch.

[quote name='talonthrawn']Damn Destro, what a game! Quick recap I'm throwing a two hitter through 8 innings and I'm up 6-0 so in comes K-rod, gg right? Then with one out, A-rod hits a 3 run homer (I was getting cocky and shoulda walked him with first open) then he gets a couple more hits for another run. Had to bring in Speier to close it out. Damn near gave me a heart attack. I figured when I had to pull Weaver because he couldn't throw a strike you might get a run or two but 4 on K-rod, that was sick. gg man, can't wait for the rematch.[/quote]

I think Jeter had 3 of those hits, which is crazy.... good game... let's just say I am eagerly awaiting the playoff rematch.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Still looking like Monday afternoon or around 10 will be when I'm available. Unless you're around late and maybe I can try after the wrestling PPV tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]

Online now. I'm waiting in the lobby. I'm going to watch some of the football game, then flip back and forth.

MeloKeith- how is ur schedule looking today? Sorry I haven't been able to play but I was swamped at the office and didn't get home til 1030 and was so tired.

I should be home at about 8 today after I get my iphone replaced by ATT unless something comes up.

We've got two games that still need to be played this week. PapiChullo, Ultimate Matt X, melokeith, and ivanctorres, I've sent you PMs. Try to get these games played guys. Thanks!

Let's go ahead and plan on playing at 8:30pm tonight. Post here if anything changes.
Keith

[quote name='ivanctorres']MeloKeith- how is ur schedule looking today? Sorry I haven't been able to play but I was swamped at the office and didn't get home til 1030 and was so tired.

I should be home at about 8 today after I get my iphone replaced by ATT unless something comes up.[/quote]

ivanctorres -
in case you check here - I'm on now (8:35) and I'll hang around in the lobby til 8:50, then I'll have to go
Keith

Firstly, I wanna aplogize to my league mates as I was unable to sync up with memo keith. I know melo an myself extended our best efforts to get the game done.I had a hectic week at the office but I will be available tonite once the schedule refreshes.

Only one unplayed game this past week between ivanctorres and melokeith. melokeith gets the win for that game. After this week, we'll be halfway through our season. There's still plenty of time for guys to make up ground, and everybody is still in it! Remember, the top 2 teams from each division will move on to the playoffs.

A few pitching changes to note this week:

DestroVega: A good news/bad news case...which I think we could kinda see coming. Joba is back! But he's back in the pen. So, I'm letting you choose, since Pavano was a late add to the end of the rotation, you can either plug him into the #3 spot this week, or leave him at #5 and pitch Ponson as you normally would. Your call. Let me know.

Fuzi0n: If you noticed last week, Nate Robertson has been demoted to the bullpen. The Show just moved your last two guys up and added Chris Lambert to the end of the rotation. Robertson is the long reliever, but I'm going to let you decide how you want to handle it. You can leave Robertson in the rotation in his #3 spot, or just roll with The Show and pitch Galarraga. Your call. Let me know.

Wpark83: Since you were the bye guy last week, you get the same choice others have had. You can pitch either Volquez or Arroyo this week, BUT next week, you have to move on to your #4. You're basically deciding who you'd rather skip. Your call. Let me know.

cdrw123/humanoidtyph0on: I'm really trying not to get aggravated here, because you do a good job getting your games played, and I appreciate that. But for like the past month, I've asked you how you want to handle the changes to your rotation. You never respond. I can only hope that your opponents have kept up with who they're supposed to be facing, because at this point, I'm just guessing at what you want your rotation to be.

I have no idea whether you used Billingsley or Lowe last week. You had an opportunity to use Penny (while he was briefly available), and I don't know if that happened. And you acquired Greg Maddux, but I have no clue if you've used him yet.

I don't think it's asking too much that you acknowledge my requests and let me know what your rotation is. It may seem tedious, but I'm just trying to keep up with everybody's rotations to provide as authentic of an experience as possible. You're playing me this week, and I'm sorry, but I'm not going to play our game until you tell me what your rotation is. If you don't let me know, you will take a loss.

I don't want to sound threatening, because like I said, you get your games played, so it's probably unintentional. But after 3-4 weeks, it has just started to bother me. Please let me know what your rotation is. It would make me feel better.

Ok, sorry, just wanted to get that out. Here's your schedule!

Week 8 Schedule (the current round expires on Sep 17, 2008 12:23 PM PST.)

Los Angeles Dodgers (humanoidtyph0on) at Arizona Diamondbacks (n8rocker82)
Pitching Matchup: Brad Penny vs. Randy Johnson

New York Yankees (DestroVega) at Chicago Cubs (cusemanKeith)
Pitching Matchup: Carl Pavano vs. Ryan Dempster

Philadelphia Phillies (PapiChullo) at Cincinatti Reds (Wpark83)
Pitching Matchup: Joe Blanton vs. Bronson Arroyo

Cleveland Indians (TheUMX) at Los Angeles Angels (talon7)
Pitching Matchup: Jeremy Sowers vs. Jon Garland

Detroit Tigers (FuzionMC) at Tampa Bay Rays (ICT_EsqGamer)
Pitching Matchup: Armando Galarraga vs. Matt Garza

*off this week: Boston Red Sox (CaptainBackslap)

EDIT - Also, in an effort to make communicating even easier, I took a page from the Madden 360 league's playbook (pun mildly intended), and made the list of user names in the OP direct links to send PMs. Hopefully this makes getting in touch with your opponents even easier, so we can get every game played each week! Have a great week guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn my rotation change like everytime catches a cold. Since im facing N8 i think i need to use Billingsley since i last used him in week 2. After watching Maddux struggle with the dodgers i cant use him for a big game.

[quote name='cdrw123']Damn my rotation change like everytime catches a cold. Since im facing N8 i think i need to use Billingsley since i last used him in week 2. After watching Maddux struggle with the dodgers i cant use him for a big game.[/quote]

See, this is what happens when you don't read the thread.

The following is taken directly from post #253:
cdrw123 - Since you had the bye this past week, I'm giving you the same option I've been giving others. Since we got to use our aces this past week, you can choose to use either Derek Lowe or Chad Billingsley for your game this week. The Show actually just swapped the two and now has Billingsley as the ace anyway, but whoever you'd like to use is fine. However, next week, you'll have to use your #3 (currently Greg Maddux). Please, LET ME KNOW.
Aside from injury, the only reason rotations are screwed up is because of the bye weeks. In an effort to keep rotations somewhat in line, I've been asking players coming off of bye weeks to choose between pitchers. One would pitch, the other gets skipped.

So, thanks to Supreme, I know that you pitched Lowe last week...meaning Billingsley gets skipped (and remains your #1), and now you have to throw Maddux this week as your #3. I know in real life, off days cause teams to get out of line and match up aces against #5's, but I'm trying to keep up with this myself, and if I didn't do it this way, I would get completely lost.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']See, this is what happens when you don't read the thread.

The following is taken directly from post #253:

Aside from injury, the only reason rotations are screwed up is because of the bye weeks. In an effort to keep rotations somewhat in line, I've been asking players coming off of bye weeks to choose between pitchers. One would pitch, the other gets skipped.

So, thanks to Supreme, I know that you pitched Lowe last week...meaning Billingsley gets skipped (and remains your #2), and now you have to throw Maddux this week as your #3. I know in real life, off days cause teams to get out of line and match up aces against #5's, but I'm trying to keep up with this myself, and if I didn't do it this way, I would get completely lost.[/quote]

Its not cause i have i had a bye week its because i used 6 starting pitchers

So the lineup would:
week 1-d. lowe
week 2-c. billingsley
week 3-h. kuroda
week 4-c. park
week 5-c. kershaw
week 6-b. penny - never used him though
week 7-d. lowe
week 8-c. billingsley

DestroVega - I'm good after 8pm EST Thursday or Friday. Rather not play too late. Weekend looks pretty open too.

Keith

[quote name='cdrw123']Its not cause i have i had a bye week its because i used 6 starting pitchers

So the lineup would:
week 1-d. lowe
week 2-c. billingsley
week 3-h. kuroda
week 4-c. park
week 5-c. kershaw
week 6-b. penny - never used him though
week 7-d. lowe
week 8-c. billingsley[/quote]

Are you seriously going to argue with me about how I've been keeping up with rotations? Once again, because you don't read the thread. The following is taken from post #182, the week 5 preview:

cdrw123 - I'm basically going to give you the same choice as last week since your game didn't get played. Brad Penny is back. You can choose between him and Kershaw. BUT if you use Penny this week, he'll be your #5 starter and Kershaw will become your #4. It's up to you. Either way, you'll be back to the top of your rotation next week. LET ME KNOW.
EVERY time there was a change in your rotation, I gave you an option of who to pitch (look it up if you don't believe me). If you used Kershaw instead of Penny, that was your own choice. I didn't realize at the time that you had a bye in week 6 (when we all used our aces), but that's why I gave you the option of using Billingsley OR Lowe (Penny was back on the DL by that point).

And since Penny didn't get to pitch, you did not USE 6 starters. You used 5. Had you not had a bye in week 6, you would have been due to use your ace...which is precisely why I gave you the option of using him in week 7. I don't know of a more fair way to handle this.

melokeith was the first player to have a bye after Oldboy got kicked, and I thought about it then. I could have just said screw it and forced people to match numbers based on what week we were on (ace vs. ace, #2 vs. #2, and so on), but I didn't feel that a dropped player should cause anyone to miss using their ace. So I gave people options.

cdrw123/humanoidtyph0on: I thought about it, and here's the best compromise I can give you. If you really want to use Billingsley this week, he will be your #3 starter (since we are on #3 starter week) the rest of the year, and Maddux will be your #2 (thus making Lowe your #1). This would allow you to skip Maddux this time through the rotation, but would also give him a higher position in your rotation. So you gotta decide if it's worth it.

There just has to be some kind of consistency in it. We can't just hold certain guys back for "big games" and flip flop the rotation all the time. For that matter, I could have not used Haren last week, in anticipation of my game with you. These are the same choices I've been giving everybody (Wpark83 is coming off a bye week. See his option and choice above). Please let me know what you want to do. I don't want there to be any hard feelings. I just wanted you to see that everybody else has been dealing with the same thing.

Also, when do you want to play? I'm available any time after 5pm est from now through Sunday.

8 pm EST Friday sounds good. Post here if something changes, and I'll do the same. Thanks

[quote name='DestroVega']I can do 8PM friday or anytime during the day sat sun u choose[/quote]

bread's done
Back