MLB 08: The Show CAG League 2.0 - Dodgers World Series Champs! Congrats to cdrw123!!

Oh nevermind...after this game we play, three teams will have played one more game than the rest of the league...but why is that? all those people missed a week? Plus, we are the 5th week...how do we have 7 games played?

[quote name='Wpark83']Oh nevermind...after this game we play, three teams will have played one more game than the rest of the league...but why is that? all those people missed a week? Plus, we are the 5th week...how do we have 7 games played?[/quote]

It's because of having to drop Oldboy. Everybody received wins for their games against him. Teams in the NL were due to play him twice (like me and you)...and some teams have already played him (like UMX and talon). That's why there's a difference in games played. Basically, I have 2 byes coming for my games against Oldboy, but I've gotten the wins for them already. Make sense?

Well, granted by tonight's experience, if I ever play with a bad connection again, I'm gonna just quit right away. tonight's game was unbearable. And was it a coincidence that every time I came up to bat the lag became absolutly awful? Combined with the fact I didn't get one fucking pitch to hit, I couldn't take it. Call me a bitch, I don't give a shit. But I have two losses and both have come on games that I can't even tell guys are moving.

N8-still no contact from papichullo? Is that two weeks in a row he is going to have an unplayed game???I pmed him and nothing so far.

I got a spanking at the hands of papichullo...it seems like he guess every pitched and even when I wanted to throw something high the ball the game would say the ball was low and give away both location and pitch type.

Captain, I pm'd you, yesterday, I believe. Reposting here in case you don't see the pm. I can play any evening except Wednesday.
please reply when you get a chance.

Keith

psn - cusemanKeith

[quote name='DestroVega']when does the league flip? sent a PM to UMX last thursday and haven't heard back.[/quote]

Destro? You feeling ok? Check back one page...post #192 for a response from UMX. Also, the deadline for this week's games is listed with the schedule both in the OP and toward the top of page 10. But that I'll at least give you:

the current round expires on Aug 27, 2008 11:47 AM PST

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Destro? You feeling ok? Check back one page...post #192 for a response from UMX. Also, the deadline for this week's games is listed with the schedule both in the OP and toward the top of page 10. But that I'll at least give you:

the current round expires on Aug 27, 2008 11:47 AM PST
[/quote]

I'm feeling fine... I saw his post last page, sent him a PM thursday around 6 PM and didn't hear back from him until 10 mins ago...

so we're all set

Hey guys, this is your 24 hour warning to get your games played. There are only 2 games that have yet to be played, so hopefully you guys can get them in. Please contact each other, and set up a time to play (if you haven't already done so). The exact deadline for this week is:

Aug 27, 2008 11:47 AM PST.

Thanks so much! Best of luck to you all!

Not sure what happened. I waited half an hour but you didn't show. Generally no big deal, but as I mentioned, I'm busy all day Wednesday.

keith

Destro and I are still trying to get things done tonight. If not I think we can get it in before the deadline considering that is later in the afternoon east coast time.

Destro and I are having serious connection issues. If we can't play he can have the win since my record is horrid anyway and I was gone for some of the playing time. Along with that, If people do quit I wouldn't mind swapping teams to be someone with a better chance in the standings.

Good game Destro. Every game I do alright for like 6 innings, but after that oof, heh. Though it was relatively error free and the lag wasn't as bad as usual.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Good game Destro. Every game I do alright for like 6 innings, but after that oof, heh. Though it was relatively error free and the lag wasn't as bad as usual.[/quote]

first two batters of the game had the second worst lag i ever experienced and i worried and then BAM... rest of the game was almost offline quality.

[quote name='Supreme']Hey n8, you can go ahead and give me the L for my game.[/quote]

I appreciate your honesty Supreme. There's still 40 minutes till the deadline though, so I can't do anything until that has passed.

All right, time for week 6. We only had one unplayed game this past week, between cusemanKeith and CaptainBackslap. cusemanKeith gets the win for that one.

There are a few changes with pitching rotations this week, but luckily, we're back to our aces, so we can stay away from the pit that is the bottom of a pitching rotation. I'm not even going to bother with the changes because by the time it's relevent to us, they'll probably change again! So just make sure you're using your ace this week. Anyway, now on to this week's schedule!

Week 6 Schedule
(the current round expires on Sep 03, 2008 11:57 AM PST.)

Chicago Cubs (cusemanKeith) at Arizona Diamondbacks (n8rocker82)
Pitching Matchup: Carlos Zambrano vs. Brandon Webb

Detroit Tigers (FuzionMC) at Boston Red Sox (CaptainBackslap)
Pitching Matchup: Justin Verlander vs. Josh Beckett

Cleveland Indians (TheUMX) at Cincinatti Reds (Wpark83)
Pitching Matchup: Cliff Lee vs. Aaron Harang

Tampa Bay Rays (ICT_EsqGamer) at Los Angeles Angels (talon7)
Pitching Matchup: Scott Kazmir vs. John Lackey

New York Yankees (DestroVega) at Philadelphia Phillies (PapiChullo)
Pitching Matchup: Mike Mussina vs. Cole Hamels

*off this week: Los Angeles Dodgers (humanoidtyph0on)

Should be free tomorrow after about 9 EST. Then after that, probably not until Sunday during the day/evening. But I may be going out of town for the Holiday, so I'm not sure yet. How about you? If I can find some time during the times you're available, I'll try and do it then.

[quote name='PapiChullo']Should be free tomorrow after about 9 EST. Then after that, probably not until Sunday during the day/evening. But I may be going out of town for the Holiday, so I'm not sure yet. How about you? If I can find some time during the times you're available, I'll try and do it then.[/quote]

How about tomorrow night at 10 PM?

The UMX, I'm on the west coast...am good anytime after 7 PM, 10 PM Eastern. I should be able to play anytime on Sunday as well. Let me know what's good, I'd like to get it done before Monday.

Hey melokeith, when do you want to play our game? I'm available pretty much all day today (8/28), and then tomorrow any time after 5 pm est. Saturday and Sunday might be a bit more tricky, but if you've got a time in mind, just let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

[quote name='zkitaN']i just got the game. i am wondering if the roster is updated online or you have to do it self manually[/quote]

It's updated online...but you can do it self manually if you'd like...

Good game melokeith! It definitely felt like a battle of aces. If not for some timely hitting, we'd probably still be playing, haha. I'm also glad my bullpen was able to hold it together. Your lineup is filled with guys who hit the ball hard! It seemed like everything you hit was a shot. Anyway, looking forward to the next time we play. Good luck to you next week!

EDIT: I just looked it up. The next time we play, I get to face Harden! Fantastic!!! hahaha

yeah - great game n8
5 hits by you, 4 hits by me, only 1 run scored, - pretty much a pitcher's duel
Your pickoff at 2nd killed my one decent chance. You turned just as I was pushing to advance a step, and caught me leaning, dead to rights.

Anyway, catch you later

well im doing the career mode for my pitcher.

i keep getting sent down when i don't achieve what they want me too.

is there a way to turn it off since i can't seem to find it.

im 15-4 with a 1.** era and leading the leads in strike outs , but they keep on sending me to the bp if i don't do the achievements correctly...

[quote name='zkitaN']well im doing the career mode for my pitcher.

i keep getting sent down when i don't achieve what they want me too.

is there a way to turn it off since i can't seem to find it.

im 15-4 with a 1.** era and leading the leads in strike outs , but they keep on sending me to the bp if i don't do the achievements correctly...[/quote]

Look, dude. I answered your first question because it was innocent enough, but this is a league thread. Post your question here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171871

Talon let me know if you will be available tomorrow nite. I have been away all weekend but I will be back in front of the Sammy tomorrow nite.

Sorry I've been away from my place for the labor day weekend, but I should be back tonight to play if you're around later in the evening.

[quote name='Wpark83']YEAH NOOB!!!

Sorry...just always wanted to say that. UMX, get at me, I wanna get this game done tonight or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Wow...I can't believe I only won 2-1...and if not for me robbing that home run in center, who knows how long the game would have went on.

Good game though. good pitchers duel. I was hitting the hell out of the ball but apparently right at your players a lot. As for the lag, I think if you had a better connection you'd be able to get a win here and there. Just be more patient at the plate too, and learn to throw some outside pitches when you are on the mound. But the lag is a huge disadvantage. We had a few good innings in the middle of the game, but other than that, I couldn't really get a timing down. I hope NHL 09 isn't that bad...

Yeah that error that went right up the middle killed me. My biggest problem is base running, might have gave myself another run (thought doubtful) if I had had done some silly running, though sometimes I respond late because of lag. Good game though, connection wise it was actually one of the better ones. Unfortunately, I usually heard hits before I saw them, heh.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Yeah that error that went right up the middle killed me. My biggest problem is base running, might have gave myself another run (thought doubtful) if I had had done some silly running, though sometimes I respond late because of lag. Good game though, connection wise it was actually one of the better ones. Unfortunately, I usually heard hits before I saw them, heh.[/quote]

Well, I know that ball that went through your second baseman was with guys on second and third and no outs...so I was gonna score one on that play anyway. And yeah, a few line drives killed you with double plays. But a few balls I should have had double plays on I screwed up because of the lag of throwing the ball.

Destro, sorry bout the delay, but busy weekend, ya know. I sent you a PM, but if you are available anytime tonight, let me know and I'll play.

gg ICT.. honestly, your pitching had me guessing all night, you laid that one out for Teixiera but other than that well played. Sorry about not getting around to playing til tonight but was home for the weekend sans my PS3. Also if anyone sees me on and wants to get a game in outside the league let me know.

GG Talon...I though I was pitching a good game with a mostly right handed lineup. I tried to stay away from the slider since ideally I want to use it on lefthanders but you didn't have any so I tried to do a combination of fastballs and changeups but mostly fastballs and it seemed to work. I kinda got disheartened by the Texeira homerun and gave up an easy one to Hunter on a bad pitch.

I really made a baserunning mistake when I didn't score on the sacfly. I keep giving away runs on baserunning errors...I keep forgetting to hold the joystick and press the button of the corresponding base. I always think that because the guy is highlighted that means he is ready to go on a tap of a button.

If you wanna play again sometime let me know.

bread's done
Back