Mortal Kombat (9) - Ripping People in half NOW - 8.6 metacritic

Alright, last question so we don't clog this thread up. I make a new account and download all the Klassics, I'm then able to use them on my main account right, I dont then have to play the game only on the account used to download the Kostumes? Sorry for sounding like a scrub, but like I said, I've never done the gameshare thing.

Yep! You'll be able to play them on your regular account as long as they're not locked, which they most likely aren't. A very, very small amount of content on PSN is locked to one account (stuff like online passes). There should be reports tomorrow morning as to whether or not the content is locked to one account for sure, if you'd like to wait to hear that. :)

I played the demo for this last night and can honestly say, It's a day one release. So much fun with the demo and actually doing the fatalities. They also haven't changed Johnny Cage one bit. He was my guy throughout the series when the games actually had him.

My copy from Amazon should be shipping sometime today. Feel free to add kburns10 for some MK action! I'll be playing tomorrow for sure!

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I'll definitely be playing this all day tomorrow, especially for KOFH! Feel free to add me as well. :D[/QUOTE]

Hey Freaky. You READY FOR KOMBAT NOW?

If I'm not mistaken, you can get those classic skins in the game via the krypt. All the codes do is give you access to it right at the get go.

[quote name='Just-Joe']If I'm not mistaken, you can get those classic skins in the game via the krypt. All the codes do is give you access to it right at the get go.[/QUOTE]
No, none of the Klassic skins are in the Krypt, just other alt costumes.

[quote name='Just-Joe']If I'm not mistaken, you can get those classic skins in the game via the krypt. All the codes do is give you access to it right at the get go.[/QUOTE]
Nope, people who got the game early and/or guide have confirmed they are not in the krypt, tower, or story mode. Boon did say they would all be available eventually. They are on the disc & Boon has said there will be no on disc dlc. So how this is going to work idk.

Maybe they'll release a patch that will allow you to unlock them all in game? That's honestly the only way I can think of them doing it and still have what Boon said be true.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I'll definitely be playing this all day tomorrow, especially for KOFH! Feel free to add me as well. :D[/QUOTE]

i tried to add you and youre maxed out. delete some useless people on your list. :)

[quote name='Paco']Hey Freaky. You READY FOR KOMBAT NOW?[/QUOTE]

:lol:

As ready as I'll ever be... ;)

[quote name='8bitArtist']i tried to add you and youre maxed out. delete some useless people on your list. :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry for that. I'll add you when I get home in a bit...

Changed my PSN name to something more appropriate as I was growing tired of my old one anyways. Unfortunately "BarakaFlockaFlame" doesn't fit. I'm gonna jump on later tonight and add you guys.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Probably the Reptile outfits, I was looking today and some were going for $50+. Pretty crazy.[/QUOTE]

That is insane.

If the Scorpion ones continue going for $20ish I'll sell mine. I don't care about it that much :lol:

so, i was in a tourney at gamestop and get knocked out by a net spamming cyrax. at first i was pissed cuz i heard the winner gets the game for free, but the winner got a $5 pre order towards any game they wanted... i wasnt mad after hearing that. hahaha

yeah. it was pretty lame. i mean, a $20 GC or something. its like, here is $5 for free, now you have to spend $55 to redeem it.

edit: im 10 and 0 right now online. thank god i got that 10 wins in a row trophy outta the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from GS, I got third place, which actually turned out to NOT get a prize. First and second place both ended up with copies of the games, turns out I apprently "misheard" the guy telling me about the tourney, the GS that got TEs to give away was two cities over.

Complete bullshit.

Y'know what else? Guy that beat me and won the tourney revealed after he got his copy that he won that he bought the game a week ago at some mom and pop place in the next city and he'd been training to come to the tournament and win the game so he could sell it. I could've had second!!!! Also, I had to play on a shitty afterglow controller.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Just got back from GS, I got third place, which actually turned out to NOT get a prize. First and second place both ended up with copies of the games, turns out I apprently "misheard" the guy telling me about the tourney, the GS that got TEs to give away was two cities over.

Complete bullshit.

Y'know what else? Guy that beat me and won the tourney revealed after he got his copy that he won that he bought the game a week ago at some mom and pop place in the next city and he'd been training to come to the tournament and win the game so he could sell it. I could've had second!!!! Also, I had to play on a shitty afterglow controller.[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a douche.

Also, the controller thing makes me laugh. I've played in like three different tournaments for various games at Gamestop and not once have they ever used an official controller for whatever console it was on. Like, you're Gamestop and all you have are shoddy, cheap third party controllers to use?

[quote name='SEH']Wow, what a douche.

Also, the controller thing makes me laugh. I've played in like three different tournaments for various games at Gamestop and not once have they ever used an official controller for whatever console it was on. Like, you're Gamestop and all you have are shoddy, cheap third party controllers to use?[/QUOTE]
They had one for each system that was a first party controller, but whoever got up to the tvs got first pick. Out of 4 or 5 times, I only got the Sony controller once. It sucked pretty bad.

Not sure what the GameStop that I preorded at did but I'm starting to think I'm glad I didn't go. I was up at around 11:45 and thought about going. Only 4 things stopped me. It was storming out, I wanted to get some sleep for work, wanted to get in the gym before work and need to go to work. If I would have took about a half hour or so to go and get it I would have wanted to play it when I got home. If they did upgrade the winners preorder to the TE I wonder what they would have done for me if I won. I already preordered the TE from them. I wonder if they would have just charged me for the normal game.

The TE stick is gorgeous. My only gripe is that despite it being so large, the actual surface to rest your hands/palms on is somewhat small. My wrist rests right on the bottom edge which causes my hand to start hurting after a little while. I'm sure if you put it on an actual table or something though it'd be better.

That said, the game is great. There is so much stuff to do even in just single-player. So far I've done two chapters in the story mode, some of the tests, and unlocked some alternate costumes in the krypt. I cant wait to jump on tonight and do some KOTH with you guys, should be a blast.

[quote name='whoknows']Really dumb questions, but how do I get into a king of the hill game?[/QUOTE]

you can either jump into a room that is doing king of the hill or do a player match. it isnt in ranked.

Sent you a friend request Hell Monkey. Anyone interested, feel free to do the same. My GT is kburns10. I should be on this evening with a few friends who are getting their game as well.

Anyone have any clue how to use alternate kostumes? I unlocked a few in the Krypt and then activated them in the Nekropolis, yet when I select a character there are no options anywhere to change kostumes.

Edit:

Nevermind, found out it was start and not X to select a character.

It's really throwing me off that there's no option for 1p vs. CPU (at least that I can find) outside of practice mode. There's the ladder matches, the "Test Your.." stuff, story mode, challenges.. but no standard 1P vs Computer where I can just mess around. That's really annoying.

Otherwise, the game feels solid. Kratos plays like he belongs in the MK universe.

[quote name='8bitArtist']you can either jump into a room that is doing king of the hill or do a player match. it isnt in ranked.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see it now.

I wonder if I couldn't see it yesterday because me and a friend were playing online from my PS3?

Also king of the hill cag room tonight. Who's going to be there?

id be down. whats everyones time zone? i remember hearing they were restricting people from far away fighting online together to prevent lag, so i wonder if a EST person can match up with a PST in a ranked match,

I'm totally down for a CAG KOTH room tonight. I'm in the Eastern timezone, but it really doesn't matter as I've got nothing better to do than sit online all night and play, so whenever works for you guys is good for me.

So the MK WIki says the only survivors of the MK (2011) are
Sonya and Cage

Looking all over where is this info coming from? I'm mainly looking to see if that is from individual endings or if that is the official story and if so where do we find that?

bread's done
Back