NHL 2012-2013 Season- Let's do this. Games start January 19

I saw those, but usually the Blues have games aired on Fox Sports Midwest and sometimes the local CW station. Right now it doesn't really show anything except what's on the NBC and NHL stations.

I was wondering the same thing Killer. As for tickets they went on sale yesterday during or after the training cap to those who were there. If you weren't there they go on sale today some time. I would think that the games that don't show a station would be on fox sports like usual.

Still waiting on NHL Gamecenter Live pricing. Hoping they do the right thing and make it free for the rest of the season...my wife is a Sens fan and I'm an Avs fan and we live in Buffalo with no cable (by choice), so we're getting GCL regardless, but free would be mighty nice.

It's only a minor trade but I'm surprised that the Kings were able to get Anthony Stewart and 2 draft picks for Kevin Westgarth. They added 3rd/4th line depth and 2 middle-round draft picks for an enforcer that seldom played and never got on the ice during last year's Stanley Cup run.

[quote name='sendme']I was wondering the same thing Killer. As for tickets they went on sale yesterday during or after the training cap to those who were there. If you weren't there they go on sale today some time. I would think that the games that don't show a station would be on fox sports like usual.[/QUOTE]

You can order Blues tickets now. I think they started taking orders at noon.

Thankfully you're right. I was just worried because they haven't released anything yet about the Fox Sports Midwest Blues Schedule. They've started doing Blues promos on Facebook, so I guess that means they'll be airing some Blues games. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/foxsportsmidwest

"The FOX Sports Midwest TV schedule will be announced early this week." I just hope they air the home opener. Tickets have gotten stupid expensive (or maybe that's just because it's the home opener against the Red Wings).

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Guess who just scored tickets to the Flyers / Pens season opener? Pretty elated right now.[/QUOTE]

Boo. Good for you, but I'm not spending a dime on hockey until next season. They have to earn it, and the Flyers haven't done a thing to try to earn fans' good graces back yet. Though, from the looks of the crowd at their public practice yesterday, I'm in the minority.

Just kinda cut it down by the percentage of games lost. A little disappoinyed that they're not even going to give a sweetheart deal for it.

[quote name='ced']Just kinda cut it down by the percentage of games lost. A little disappoinyed that they're not even going to give a sweetheart deal for it.[/QUOTE]

A full season costs $160. For half a season they are giving it to us for $50...it's actually not that bad of a deal.

I didn't expect it to be free, but color me remarkably unimpressed. The NHL isn't doing much at all to apologize and cater to the fan; steps like these actually reinforce the idea that they think of us as uncontrollable sheep who can not resist the urge to spend all our money on the league.

Moves like this are precisely why I'm not going to spend a dime on the NHL until next season; it's why, unlike Kimbo Slice, I wouldn't go to the Flyers game on Saturday if the tickets were handed to me. The NHL as a league, and the owners at large, showed a considerable disrespect to the fans in this lockout - they need to kiss my ass if they want me to spend money right away, or they can bloody well wait until I'm ready to spend money again.

I love hockey, but I have enough will power to keep my dollars away from the NHL for the remainder of this season. The NHL doesn't deserve it yet, given the lack of respect they showed fans in the lockout, and the lack of respect in their "business as usual" approach to bringing fans back into the fold. I'm a bit surprised y'all fold so easily, to be honest.

So apparently the PS3 app won't be updated and linkable until JAN 21st...already considering canceling and just using online streams.

Your Question: I am trying to link my account to my PS3 in time for the season start on January 19th. The last chat agent ended the chat when I asked to speak with someone else.
Please wait, an operator will be with you shortly.

Your request is important to us. Please wait, an operator will be with you shortly.
Your request is important to us. Please wait, an operator will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with Leo G. - Customer Support

17:06Leo G.: Hello
17:06Leo G.: PS3 access is not available.
17:06Leo G.: Access will become available no later than Feb. 1st.
17:06Dustin Barton: I would like a refund then
17:06Dustin Barton: If I can't watch the opening games then I don't want it
17:06Leo G.: Ok, what is your username please?
17:07Dustin Barton:
17:07Leo G.: Your service has been canceled and a refund issued.
17:07Dustin Barton: thank you

fuck that shit. I was fully prepared to pay. If I can't watch the opening games, what's the point?

^ That sucks, dude.

I could sign up for it and watch via Apple TV, but who knows if the first 2 weeks will be available (the issue that you had).

[quote name='shieryda']^ That sucks, dude.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, first I was told Jan 21st is the earliest, and then Feb 1st was the latest...no thanks. There's absolutely no reason for it to be like that. Thankfully I know plenty of sites where I can stream the games live (albeit at a lower quality) for free. fuck you NHL.

[quote name='shieryda']Game Center should definitely have been discounted further.[/QUOTE]

Right. I'm not going to be one of those chuckleheads who thinks it should be free. $50 isn't *bad*, it just doesn't show any appreciation for those fans who stuck through the lockout. It's the sort of gesture that says "yeah, you're going to spend money, and you're not going to do anything to punish us for what we put you through."

I spend $100/season on mlb.tv since my team's games (Reds) aren't shown locally; maybe that's why I'm not impressed with NHL or NFL season options (far more money for far fewer games, and I watch/support the local teams anyway).

[quote name='shieryda']This is further proof that hockey fans don't think twice about supporting their team, even after a lock-out:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=12820&navid=nhl:topheads[/QUOTE]

Aw, goddammit. It's not as if ticket prices are cheaper - they sure as hell aren't in Philly, by all accounts I've heard. And they were hella expensive the last few years as is.

[quote name='KillerRamen']You can order Blues tickets now. I think they started taking orders at noon.

Thankfully you're right. I was just worried because they haven't released anything yet about the Fox Sports Midwest Blues Schedule. They've started doing Blues promos on Facebook, so I guess that means they'll be airing some Blues games. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/foxsportsmidwest

"The FOX Sports Midwest TV schedule will be announced early this week." I just hope they air the home opener. Tickets have gotten stupid expensive (or maybe that's just because it's the home opener against the Red Wings).[/QUOTE]

I'm going to hold out till friday night or saturday to see what prices stubhub has. I did that during playoffs and was able to get really good seats cheap.

[quote name='mykevermin']I didn't expect it to be free, but color me remarkably unimpressed. The NHL isn't doing much at all to apologize and cater to the fan; steps like these actually reinforce the idea that they think of us as uncontrollable sheep who can not resist the urge to spend all our money on the league.

Moves like this are precisely why I'm not going to spend a dime on the NHL until next season; it's why, unlike Kimbo Slice, I wouldn't go to the Flyers game on Saturday if the tickets were handed to me. The NHL as a league, and the owners at large, showed a considerable disrespect to the fans in this lockout - they need to kiss my ass if they want me to spend money right away, or they can bloody well wait until I'm ready to spend money again.

I love hockey, but I have enough will power to keep my dollars away from the NHL for the remainder of this season. The NHL doesn't deserve it yet, given the lack of respect they showed fans in the lockout, and the lack of respect in their "business as usual" approach to bringing fans back into the fold. I'm a bit surprised y'all fold so easily, to be honest.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shieryda']This is further proof that hockey fans don't think twice about supporting their team, even after a lock-out:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=12820&navid=nhl:topheads[/QUOTE]

I guess I've just gotten too old to be concerned with trying to stick it to "the man". I like hockey, and if I feel like watching hockey, I'm going to watch hockey. I couldn't give a crap about the temper tantrum either side wanted to have. I don't need them to "respect" me. It's not like I'm sleeping with Gary Bettman, lol. It's a hobby for me, and they're selling a product.

What's going to have more of an impact on whether or not I buy that product is if it's a good deal and is enjoyable. Maybe I've changed since having kids, but I feel like once you've learned to appreciate the most simple and basic of things, these big issues just seem pretty trivial. I don't care about the politics of it. I just want to relax, have a beer, and enjoy myself whenever I get a chance.

It's not about being a "sheep" or being "mindless". It's just that life is too short to worry about things that don't matter. And ultimately, you're only punishing yourself. Now, if they were trotting out scab players and charging full price or something, I'd be on board with boycotting a half-rate product. But preventing yourself from enjoying some of the greatest players in the world just seems silly.

I don't know how much tickets are in Nashville, but I assure you it's plenty easy to just watch the Flyers on tv instead. Ticket prices are fucking absurd unless bought on the cheap via stubhub.

I see your point, but I don't see it as being fixated on trivial issues. I'm not going to go protest the games outside the arena. I, like you, see the team as providing a good like any business - except the way that business has behaved in the past few months shows a disrespect for me as a consumer. I'm not going to reward them by just picking up tickets like the owners weren't petulant children the past few months (though, to be fair, it wasn't all owners - certainly Jeremy Jacobs, Ted Leonisis, the NHL itself via the Coyotes, and Craig Leipold are among those known to be the fuckers who hardlined throughout the entire process).

You misunderstand me. I'm not angry. I certainly have an opinion, but it's just that. It's like me not shopping at Chik-Fil-A. I think they're a deplorable company. I don't eat there, and I never will. It's no big deal to me; I've actually never eaten anything from there. If I ever get a craving for a chicken sandwich, I'm not simply satisfying said crave if I forgo any sense of personal dignity and say "fuck it, it's just a chicken sandwich." That's what you're telling me, in short - life's too short to make conscious, ethical purchasing decisions. That may be true for you, but it is not for me.

If my teams makes an effort I find reasonable to welcome me back as a fan, perhaps I'll consider buying a ticket this season. If they don't (i.e., if they think all they need to do is declare the 3/30 game vs the Bruins as "fan appreciation night" and that's all the effort they have to make), well, they can wait until next fall before I spend a single dollar on the Flyers. It's not malice, it's simply how I choose to spend my money; the NHL doesn't deserve my money until they do more than apologize for the past few months.

EDIT: That said, I encourage you to go to as many Nashville games as possible. Help the team become profitable in spite of Leipold's best efforts to tank the entire team's long term financial solvency on the back of paying Shea Weber $52M over 13 months. You buy tickets, the team will be less disastrously off financially, and then we won't have to go back to the CBA table in 8 years to account for idiot owners spending themselves into insolvency, then deciding to take out a pound of flesh from the players again. Deal? Deal. ;)

Can't wait to see Rick Nash in a Rangers jersey. He's too good a player to toil in Columbus with little hope of a Cup run.

Reports are that Visnovsky won't be reporting to NYI.

[quote name='mykevermin']
I don't know how much tickets are in Nashville, but I assure you it's plenty easy to just watch the Flyers on tv instead. Ticket prices are fucking absurd unless bought on the cheap via stubhub.

I see your point, but I don't see it as being fixated on trivial issues. I'm not going to go protest the games outside the arena. I, like you, see the team as providing a good like any business - except the way that business has behaved in the past few months shows a disrespect for me as a consumer. I'm not going to reward them by just picking up tickets like the owners weren't petulant children the past few months (though, to be fair, it wasn't all owners - certainly Jeremy Jacobs, Ted Leonisis, the NHL itself via the Coyotes, and Craig Leipold are among those known to be the fuckers who hardlined throughout the entire process).

You misunderstand me. I'm not angry. I certainly have an opinion, but it's just that. It's like me not shopping at Chik-Fil-A. I think they're a deplorable company. I don't eat there, and I never will. It's no big deal to me; I've actually never eaten anything from there. If I ever get a craving for a chicken sandwich, I'm not simply satisfying said crave if I forgo any sense of personal dignity and say "fuck it, it's just a chicken sandwich." That's what you're telling me, in short - life's too short to make conscious, ethical purchasing decisions. That may be true for you, but it is not for me.

If my teams makes an effort I find reasonable to welcome me back as a fan, perhaps I'll consider buying a ticket this season. If they don't (i.e., if they think all they need to do is declare the 3/30 game vs the Bruins as "fan appreciation night" and that's all the effort they have to make), well, they can wait until next fall before I spend a single dollar on the Flyers. It's not malice, it's simply how I choose to spend my money; the NHL doesn't deserve my money until they do more than apologize for the past few months.

EDIT: That said, I encourage you to go to as many Nashville games as possible. Help the team become profitable in spite of Leipold's best efforts to tank the entire team's long term financial solvency on the back of paying Shea Weber $52M over 13 months. You buy tickets, the team will be less disastrously off financially, and then we won't have to go back to the CBA table in 8 years to account for idiot owners spending themselves into insolvency, then deciding to take out a pound of flesh from the players again. Deal? Deal. ;)
[/QUOTE]

I think the flaw in your Chik-Fil-A analogy is that with a chicken sandwich, there are plenty of reasonable and equally delicious alternatives. Find me another hockey team representing my city in a league filled with the best players in the world and I'll jump off the NHL bandwagon.

I respect what you're trying to do, but I could never do that. My desire to watch NHL hockey in person again is greater than my saltiness over the lockout. Plus Ed Snider seemed to be level-headed and just wanted to go back to playing hockey again during the whole thing, so I am not mad at him at all.

With that said, I purchased 10 tickets from one of my old season ticket holder contacts, so I got 2 tickets each to 5 games for $650. Row 2 of the Mezzanine Level, fairly close to center ice. To those of you in small market cities, this probably seems absurd. I actually got them at 60% or so of face value though - quite a good deal.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Why do you think every dam thing is so funny? Jeez.

Anyways, my buddy who works with the lightning hooked me up with season tickets for $200 right at the visitors end first level. I was quite happy as that comes out to $100 for me and $100 for the wife. I'm quite excited to attend the season, shortened or not.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit I'm in the wrong city to be a fan. The tickets I have for Saturday's game have a face value of $228 for the 2 and they are on Mezzanine level.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Why do you think every dam thing is so funny? Jeez.[/QUOTE]

He was crap in SJ, crap in Philly and Philly has continued to suck in the goalie position yet they pick this guy up again... ? How can you NOT laugh... ?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Why do you think every dam thing is so funny? Jeez.

Anyways, my buddy who works with the lightning hooked me up with season tickets for $200 right at the visitors end first level. I was quite happy as that comes out to $100 for me and $100 for the wife. I'm quite excited to attend the season, shortened or not.[/QUOTE]

$200 for 2 season tickets? I call BS; there's simply no way any team is that stupid financially.

You're trying to tell us that you're paying about $4/ticket/game this season. I can't believe that.

[quote name='shieryda']No. I was watching NHL Tonight last night, and Tampa is offering season tickets for $200.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. My apologies, then, Vulcan. That's absurdly cheap.

Sometimes I wished I lived in a market like that. Sadly, I know too well what Jimbo spoke of (the fact that $65 tickets are a "good deal" and that they Flyers *always* try to push ticket packages on you - getting individual game tickets is a fucking pain).

[quote name='sendme']I'm going to hold out till friday night or saturday to see what prices stubhub has. I did that during playoffs and was able to get really good seats cheap.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the home opener is going to be cheap... It's against the Red Wings for crying out loud. :lol:

I figured out what's up with the Blue's ticket pricing... They're doing variable pricing based on four tiers. The cheapest season tickets are $21 per game. Then there are gold games, silver games and bronze games. The cheapest golds cost $42, silver games are $30 and bronze games are $23.

I think I'll wait until after the home opener for another weekend game. If I'm lucky I think I should be able to go to a game and spend less than $30 (including parking).

I was hoping the season would be cancelled all together and the NHL would finally leave the US. The AAC in Dallas is usually about 50% occupancy for Stars games, after this lock out, I'm sure it will be worse. I give them 5 more years max before they pull the franchise out of Dallas. Can't wait!

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I was hoping the season would be cancelled all together and the NHL would finally leave the US. The AAC in Dallas is usually about 50% occupancy for Stars games, after this lock out, I'm sure it will be worse. I give them 5 more years max before they pull the franchise out of Dallas. Can't wait![/QUOTE]

Go see Jagr while he's on your team - he's still magnificent at 40. I wish the Flyers kept him another year, but understand that the money he wanted was better spent elsewhere.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I don't think the home opener is going to be cheap... It's against the Red Wings for crying out loud. :lol:

I figured out what's up with the Blue's ticket pricing... They're doing variable pricing based on four tiers. The cheapest season tickets are $21 per game. Then there are gold games, silver games and bronze games. The cheapest golds cost $42, silver games are $30 and bronze games are $23.

I think I'll wait until after the home opener for another weekend game. If I'm lucky I think I should be able to go to a game and spend less than $30 (including parking).[/QUOTE]

I'm still going to hold out. Also I may have something else going on Saturday. The next weekend game I plan on going to is the 16th of March. I forgot who they are playing however I will be getting my ticket soon.

[quote name='mykevermin']$200 for 2 season tickets? I call BS; there's simply no way any team is that stupid financially.

You're trying to tell us that you're paying about $4/ticket/game this season. I can't believe that.[/QUOTE]

My buddy works with the lightning and I have known him for a good longtime. Another example of great tickets he gets me is this deal. We play two games a season at the forum. It's called a rink of dreams. Full 20 minute periods non stop game with announcers and the coils going off when somebody scores. We also get Tier one tickets for 50 people all for $2,000. It's actually nice to get relationships with people who work with the Lightning and people in the hockey industry in general. When he needs a team last minute or needs a favor from my self, I'm there for him. Same with the Miken rep as well.

Now, if only I could make a freaking team sale. I need some nice Tampa gloves!

[quote name='mykevermin']Holy crap. My apologies, then, Vulcan. That's absurdly cheap.

Sometimes I wished I lived in a market like that. Sadly, I know too well what Jimbo spoke of (the fact that $65 tickets are a "good deal" and that they Flyers *always* try to push ticket packages on you - getting individual game tickets is a fucking pain).[/QUOTE]

Tampa's owner is one of the best in the league. It doesn't surprise me that he would do that.

[quote name='slickkill77']Tampa's owner is one of the best in the league. It doesn't surprise me that he would do that.[/QUOTE]

Don't agree on a lot but I agree with this. He is quite generous to the community. Lightning just had a job fair as well. I wish I wasn't an hour away and had a car during the day. I could have helped with the ice!

Also saw that intermission is now 18 mins long. Glad it got extended, lets the ice set for a few.

Longer intermissions? What were they before? 15 minutes? I don't really care as it adds a few more minutes for people in the stadium to use the bathrooms. It's mainly annoying with the in between period broadcast which is like 70% commercials.

Not that this is totally shocking since it's opening night, but the Preds game is sold out. Considering the effects of the lockout, does anybody think any team won't sell out for their opener? Or do you think any effects would be felt further down the road? Honestly, I'm just happy that the folks in Nashville are glad to have their team back. Only having an NFL team and an NHL team actually compliments each other pretty nicely since the seasons are mostly offset. I know a lot of people doubt the Preds and their ability to stay relevant, but I just see a fire in this team that could be built into a long-time contender if they're managed properly. There's definitely a solid fanbase here.

[quote name='SynGamer']So apparently the PS3 app won't be updated and linkable until JAN 21st...already considering canceling and just using online streams.[/QUOTE]

I read the app is now available on the 360. Don't know if it has the same issues as the PS3 not being updated but since it's brand new, you'd think not.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back