Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
htz, where did you get that image from? link?
Target offered the same Tomb Raider steelbook last year from FutureShop so I assume they will repeat it again this year. Thief and Titanfall are also getting steelbooks from FutureShop. Maybe Target will offer them here, too.

WHAT WHAT WHAT? That seals where I'm getting my game then.

Felt like he had no respect for what he was presenting and came off as an asshole to me. If I went into a clock store and the merchant started handling things roughly, whipping things around and dropping things on the counter I'd leave. Very immature IMO.
lol... c'mon. If anything to me he seemed overly jovial. Watched the video twice and no idea what those criticisms are even referring to unless it was the watch thing, but he treated the other contents rather well. Not that he has to, but he really did and seemed friendly and affable.

He said the SB had Cloud Lightning on it, nothing about dlc. Didnt know if it was a first print in copy sort of thing or preorder at certain places only.

Target.com says nothing either. So i feel i asked a valid question
Right, so the answer is: we don't know. Could be because it's featured on the SB, but not confirmed.

Either way, I'm getting that Target SB for sure.

I feel when your preorder or buy a collector's edition you should get any and all pre-order bonuses or steelbooks included everywhere. Maybe that's just me. Sucks how every place has a different DLC or special preorder thing.

This whole thing seems kind of similar with Ni No Kuni last January, with Gamestop having the steelbook but the publisher's website having the CE exclusive.

Does anyone foresee the Tales of Symphonic Chronicles CE being available anywhere else or again before release? I'm debating pre-ordering from zaavi, but I'd just as soon secure it stateside if possible. I saw in another thread that someone mentioned Best Buy as a possibility.

Does anyone foresee the Tales of Symphonic Chronicles CE being available anywhere else or again before release? I'm debating pre-ordering from zaavi, but I'd just as soon secure it stateside if possible. I saw in another thread that someone mentioned Best Buy as a possibility.
I posted this a few back.

Good luck trusting BB with any kind of CE; lots of people on here have been burned by them in the past.

I had to raise holy hell just to get my Batman: Arkham Origins Metalpak from my local BB back in October.

Will update the thread once I see official confirmation and pictures for the Lightning Returns Steelbook.
I went to Target after work today to check out the advertisement. It is advertised on the screen but I didn't see the preorder cards out for sale. This also confirms that the Cloud DLC is probably going to be first edition print as in the first copies will have the DLC code packaged inside with the game.

IMG_20140120_173511_zps7e2b4c0e.jpg

I went to Target after work today to check out the advertisement. It is advertised on the screen but I didn't see the preorder cards out for sale. This also confirms that the Cloud DLC is probably going to be first edition print as in the first copies will have the DLC code packaged inside with the game.

thanks for the screen cap. lol

^Fantastic! Thanks, D.Choy! :D

I wonder if I should try to snag a preorder card to be on the safe side (or if that would do any good)...?

^Fantastic! Thanks, D.Choy! :D

I wonder if I should try to snag a preorder card to be on the safe side (or if that would do any good)...?
if it is anything like the tomb raider steelbook, you should have no problem getting one on release day.

if it is anything like the tomb raider steelbook, you should have no problem getting one on release day.
Yeah as long as you go there on release day you should be able to snag one. The real benefit to the cards is that you get a $5 gift card just for preordering the game.

Yeah as long as you go there on release day you should be able to snag one. The real benefit to the cards is that you get a $5 gift card just for preordering the game.
O, i totally forgot about it. is the preorder at target still $1 minium?

Yes, but it requires a card. (Also never trust preordering things at target - they don't keep track of these things.)
Yeah the minimum is still $1 for the card. Also true about their preordering system. The card doesn't really secure your copy. I honestly look at the cards as a way to get a $5 gift card, nothing more nothing less.

Will that Steelbook be in-store only, or could would it be safe to assume I could pre-order it via target's website (the online listing doesn't make any mention of it).

Will that Steelbook be in-store only, or could would it be safe to assume I could pre-order it via target's website (the online listing doesn't make any mention of it).
If you walk into Target on release day, you should have no problem finding it. Also, to that note, if it anything like Tomb Raider, it should be available for quite some time to come as well. (Even after that $1 fiasco.)

Updated with the steelbook listing.  Still not on Target's website yet.  When it does I will be sure to link it.  Thanks to D.Choy for the picture.  I cropped it a bit so it wasn't so large. ;)

Yeah the minimum is still $1 for the card. Also true about their preordering system. The card doesn't really secure your copy. I honestly look at the cards as a way to get a $5 gift card, nothing more nothing less.
If you pre-order it at one Target, is the pre-order locked to that Target or can you go to another Target to go pick up the pre-order?

I know I have to be at work early on that date and won't get a chance to go to the Target I normally shop at though could run by the Target closest to work on that day on the lunch hour and pick it up there.

If you pre-order it at one Target, is the pre-order locked to that Target or can you go to another Target to go pick up the pre-order?

I know I have to be at work early on that date and won't get a chance to go to the Target I normally shop at though could run by the Target closest to work on that day on the lunch hour and pick it up there.
You don't have to go to the same Target as I have used the cards at different Target locations depending on work and such. As long as they have the game in stock they will scan the card and it will go through. It seems like Target never sets aside the preorders for people who actually preordered (maybe consoles).

I think the whole point of the cards is to give the store some idea of how many units they should be ordering. With that said I really don't think Target is that detailed when it comes to ordering video games. Maybe busier stores allocate more units to a particlar store. I don't work at Target so I have no idea how they do inventory. I remember at Game Stop one of the workers told me they double up on preorders where if they get 5 preorders they will order 10 copies. I know this isn't always the case since some CEs cost a lot (Last of Us, Titanfall, etc).

You are supposed to bring the card back to the store you bought it from. According to their own policy you are supposed to have the receipt with the card when picking up the game. I tried redeeming the card at another target for the Wii U when my store sold my allocation; that store denied me.

You don't have to go to the same Target as I have used the cards at different Target locations depending on work and such. As long as they have the game in stock they will scan the card and it will go through. It seems like Target never sets aside the preorders for people who actually preordered (maybe consoles).

I think the whole point of the cards is to give the store some idea of how many units they should be ordering. With that said I really don't think Target is that detailed when it comes to ordering video games. Maybe busier stores allocate more units to a particular store. I don't work at Target so I have no idea how they do inventory. I remember at Game Stop one of the workers told me they double up on preorders where if they get 5 preorders they will order 10 copies. I know this isn't always the case since some CEs cost a lot (Last of Us, Titanfall, etc).

You are supposed to bring the card back to the store you bought it from. According to their own policy you are supposed to have the receipt with the card when picking up the game. I tried redeeming the card at another target for the Wii U when my store sold my allocation; that store denied me.
Guess I'll run over to the Target by work and do the pre-order there, so it's as "clean" as it could be and it would be the store I'd get the steelbook from when it arrives.

Guess I'll run over to the Target by work and do the pre-order there, so it's as "clean" as it could be and it would be the store I'd get the steelbook from when it arrives.
I don't think they will get that formal with you since it's just a $60 game versus a large console purchase. Of all the times I have used the card with a game they didn't ask for my original receipt.

I don't think they will get that formal with you since it's just a $60 game versus a large console purchase. Of all the times I have used the card with a game they didn't ask for my original receipt.
sorry, this is probably a stupid question, but where do you find the preorder cards? i rarely shop at target for games. is it at the gaming area as well?

sorry, this is probably a stupid question, but where do you find the preorder cards? i rarely shop at target for games. is it at the gaming area as well?
It's in the gaming area hanging on racks usually next to the screen kiosk or next to each respective system section (so ps3 preorder cards are in the sony section, xbox preorder cards in the xbox section, etc). They will have the game art on the card as well as a expected release date for a cost of $1.

Bestbuys @gamer magazine issue 34 (November 2013)  on page 13. Makes mention of some pre order exclusives and has a picture of Lightning returns Steelbook. Their website doesn't mention of it... So I don't know if its a misprint in the magazine 

I just bought one a week ago. Still on the fence about keeping it. Seems like they're getting hard to find.
Only retailer that has them in stock at good levels is Gamestop. That's b/c Gamestop doesn't carry the Mario U bundle in store, just online. Only Wii U bundles Gamestop carries in store are the Skylander ones and Zelda.

just finish the demo for 13-3. i'm really diggin the new look and combat style.  this game might bring me back to jrpg. played 7,8,9,10 and stopped there.  

would anyone know if we need to play 13 and 13-2 to understand the story?

just finish the demo for 13-3. i'm really diggin the new look and combat style. this game might bring me back to jrpg. played 7,8,9,10 and stopped there.

would anyone know if we need to play 13 and 13-2 to understand the story?
I don't think it's required (heck, a lot of people--myself excluded--will say that those have the worst stories in the entire FF series and therefore you should skip them entirely), but I'm sure you won't get as much out of XIII-3's story otherwise.

yea, heard the stories were convoluted and gameplay was repetitive so i ignore them.  13-3 looks great and appeared to have corrected these problems, but just wondering if i will miss out on some important plots by not playing the 1st 2.  hope there's kind of summarization of the events that occurred in the 1st 2 part.  

Bummer... I've been checking the NIS store daily to see if they got more of the Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Limited Edition in stock due to cancellations closer to release and it looks like the listing has been pulled.

Bummer... I've been checking the NIS store daily to see if they got more of the Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Limited Edition in stock due to cancellations closer to release and it looks like the listing has been pulled.
Dang, was hoping for one as well. If not I'll probably just pass on the game all together

This picture makes the :ps3: and :360: case (and steelbook?) size look the same... which doesn't inspire confidence in a proper G2 size :ps3: steelbook.... :fridge:

This picture makes the :ps3: and :360: case (and steelbook?) size look the same... which doesn't inspire confidence in a proper G2 size :ps3: steelbook.... :fridge:
Tomb Raider was done by Squeenix, so I'd imagine this steel book will be the same thing, both G1 size.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20140123_015645.jpg

This is what is in the Bestbuy November @gamer magazine I mentioned earlier
Whelp, time to preorder this game from yet another place.

steelbook pic looks different for BB and target. exclusive pic at each retailer or is one a mockup?

either way, me want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back