Official Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread

[quote name='louiedog']Great update. I've already hidden my install steam button and the coupon stuff works correctly for both coupons I have on my account. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Great to hear! I was worried about it not working as I only had one account with coupons to test it with.

[quote name='Motoki']The coupon stuff is awesome because honestly sometimes I had those damned things and forgot about them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that always bugged me too. :lol: Hopefully in the next version I'll be able to get it to correctly stack discounts if applicable. Of course, to test that they would need to put out an active coupon that supports it while also putting that game on sale. ;)

Here's hoping for a daily deal on Bit.Trip Runner2

I bought Tiny and Big recently for 90 cents during that indie week sale because the discount stacked with a coupon. You had to go through some shenanigans of installing some German android app to get it. Not sure if the offer is still available.

*Edit: Okay Reddit is listing it as expired but no one mentioned not being able to get it anymore in the comments so I don't know. Might be worth a try still.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/16io58/40000_activiation_keys_for_80_discount_on_tiny/

Anyway, it's not on sale so won't help for the moment.

The only other coupons I have explicitly state they won't combine with any other offer.

[quote name='Motoki']I bought Tiny and Big recently for 90 cents during that indie week sale because the discount stacked with a coupon. You had to go through some shenanigans of installing some German android app to get it. Not sure if the offer is still available.

*Edit: Okay Reddit is listing it as expired but no one mentioned not being able to get it anymore in the comments so I don't know. Might be worth a try still.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/16io58/40000_activiation_keys_for_80_discount_on_tiny/

Anyway, it's not on sale so won't help for the moment.

The only other coupons I have explicitly state they won't combine with any other offer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I checked into that, but it seems that the required app is a "Coupon a day" app so it was only valid for the one day. Maybe next time!

I'd love for the external links on enhanced steam's user pages to link to the TF2 backpacks. Maybe use optf2.com, since its officially sponsored by the TF2 wiki.

[quote name='Stevoisiak']I'd love for the external links on enhanced steam's user pages to link to the TF2 backpacks. Maybe use optf2.com, since its officially sponsored by the TF2 wiki.[/QUOTE]

Currently it links to backpack.tf but optf2.com could be added pretty easily though.

[quote name='Deques']Any chance that you put a link to the steam users profile in http://www.achievementstats.com/?

Also I dont see anyone mention this, check on this image
http://i.imgur.com/OuoOSBS.png

It shows total spent in dollars only. Could you make it to summarize in other currencies too?[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty cool site, might see if it can be added thanks!

Also for the total spent in non-dollars, it's currently a bug ( listed in the OP ;) ) so I'm working on it and hopefully will have it sorted out soon enough.

[quote name='jshackles']That's a pretty cool site, might see if it can be added thanks!

Also for the total spent in non-dollars, it's currently a bug ( listed in the OP ;) ) so I'm working on it and hopefully will have it sorted out soon enough.[/QUOTE]

Nice if the site can be added :)

I must have missed that in known bugs, I thought I read carefully through the thread :p

[quote name='jshackles']Version 2.8 has been released to Google Chrome. Firefox update coming soon, though unfortunately many of the new features will not be possible in Firefox.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever thoght of using greasemonkey for firefox?

[quote name='hatefish']Have you ever thoght of using greasemonkey for firefox?[/QUOTE]

Actually, the script started out as a Greasemonkey script. :) The reason I say that some features can't be ported to firefox is that firefox doesn't allow cross-domain scripting in their addons, and as far as I can tell, neither does Greasemonkey. So if something on the store page needs to access something from the community page, it can't and vice versa. So things like highlighting the games you own on your wishlist simply won't be possible in Firefox I'm afraid.

[quote name='jshackles']Actually, the script started out as a Greasemonkey script. :) The reason I say that some features can't be ported to firefox is that firefox doesn't allow cross-domain scripting in their addons, and as far as I can tell, neither does Greasemonkey. So if something on the store page needs to access something from the community page, it can't and vice versa. So things like highlighting the games you own on your wishlist simply won't be possible in Firefox I'm afraid.[/QUOTE]

I really thought "4chan x" greasemonkey script could do cross-domain.
Also I'm useing FF 20.0.1 and nothing works on Enhanced Steam 2.1.

i may have found a bug. When im viewing the top seller list if i own the game or
have it on my wishlist it will show the right color. But if i click next 10 to
show the top 11-20 it doesnt show the colors at all. I have taken pictures but the fourm doesnt allow links to new users.

the game im talking about is skyrim. but its happening to other games as well

i sent you an email containing the links if you need them

I got two suggestions on improvements.
It's about the spotlight deals (midweek and weekend deals).
1. Could you make the entire box for the prev/next links clickable?
2. Highlight if you already own the game.

Hi, first of all I love that extensions its pretty badass :)

But I have noticed a bug.

On the first page you have "special deals" tab, and it's showing 10 games per "page". On the first page everything is fine, games already owned are highlighted in green but if after switching to next page it doesn't :( (I'd love to show screenshot but new users cant post links... :()

Once again thanks for a SUPER FREE EXTENSION :D

[quote name='Maxus']
But I have noticed a bug.

On the first page you have "special deals" tab, and it's showing 10 games per "page". On the first page everything is fine, games already owned are highlighted in green but if after switching to next page it doesn't :( [/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm working on some of the underlying javascript to see if I can get this to work. The problem is that Valve loads these results with Ajax, so those aren't loaded when the page is first loaded (thus they're not checked / colored). I'm hoping to get this sorted out in the next release finally, but we'll see. :)

After quite a bit of wait (sorry) Version 3.0 for Google Chrome is now available. This version should fix the last couple of reported issues in regard to scrolling AJAX results. It should also fix wishlist detection for everyone, show stacked coupon discounts, and more.

Here is the changelog:

• Fixed wishlist detection for non-English users
  • Coupon discounts now stack where applicable (most currencies)
  • Options page changed from dropdown boxes to check boxes
  • Added a link for AchievementStats.com
  • Some AJAX loaded content now correctly highlights (still not in search yet)

In my testing, the options from the old page all carried over correctly, but if something doesn't look right check the options page. ;)

I've finally got all of the AJAX stuff sorted out and should be out in the next release. Here is a preview of what the search suggestions will look like:

ER36POz.png

Thank you for your work! I appreciate the extension. I have a very annoying error when viewing wishlists since the 3.0 update:

Fv5n868.png

The red boxes are where my avatar appears. It has a space to write a recommendation under all green games (ones I own); the error doesn't appear on the titles I don't own.

[quote name='jshackles']After quite a bit of wait (sorry) Version 3.0 for Google Chrome is now available. This version should fix the last couple of reported issues in regard to scrolling AJAX results. It should also fix wishlist detection for everyone, show stacked coupon discounts, and more.

Here is the changelog:

• Fixed wishlist detection for non-English users
  • Coupon discounts now stack where applicable (most currencies)
  • Options page changed from dropdown boxes to check boxes
  • Added a link for AchievementStats.com
  • Some AJAX loaded content now correctly highlights (still not in search yet)
In my testing, the options from the old page all carried over correctly, but if something doesn't look right check the options page. ;)[/QUOTE]
holy shit your program is on google chrome storefront page when you search for extensions
:D

Got some really exciting stuff coming up for version 3.1 for Chrome. Here is a sneak peak: see if you can spot the differences!

XiKc7ny.png

Enhanced Steam version 3.1 is now available for Google Chrome. There are a ton of changes! Here is the changelog:

• General code cleanup: less places for bugs to sneak in.
  • Fixed a bug where "Add to Cart" button on wishlists was a recommendation form.
  • Added highlighting for gift in inventory, guest passes, friends have in wishlist.
  • Added tags feature (owned, wishlisted, coupons, gift, guest pass, friends-want).
  • Added "Empty Wishlist" button (May be slow on large wishlists).
  • Added new feature - storefront carousel app descriptions.
  • Re-wrote price tab which now shows current best and historical best deals.
  • Added price tab to game bundles.
  • Added links to SteamDB on store pages, app hubs, and official groups.
  • Changed from page scraping to Valve Storefront API (faster!)

isthereanydeal? Ugh. They list Nuuvem which I don't consider to be a legitimate retailer for people residing outside of South America as their terms of service (in Portugese) explicitly states you must be a resident of South America.

Is there some way to filter that out or turn off the non-Steam pricing I guess if I can't filter just Nuuvem out?

Personally I prefer Steamgamesales. Was there some issue with them beyond not catching Amazon prices?

[quote name='Motoki']isthereanydeal? Ugh. They list Nuuvem which I don't consider to be a legitimate retailer for people residing outside of South America as their terms of service (in Portugese) explicitly states you must be a resident of South America.

Is there some way to filter that out or turn off the non-Steam pricing I guess if I can't filter just Nuuvem out?

Personally I prefer Steamgamesales. Was there some issue with them beyond not catching Amazon prices?[/QUOTE]

I was able to work with IsThereAnyDeal to set up a web API that Enhanced Steam can use to pull the pricing data directly rather than load it from another page and scrape it. In the next version, I'm planning on adding additional deal tracking sites to the history so I can likely add SteamGameSales back (sadly, as just a link).

[quote name='jshackles'] I've been working with Valve to get the detection process sped up, and they've added a few things to their API that deliver just that.[/QUOTE]
Are you talking about the somewhat-documented Community API (which I wish had GetOwnedDLC and IEconItems_753 methods) or one of the other undocumented (as far as I am aware) APIs?

[quote name='Detruire']Are you talking about the somewhat-documented Community API (which I wish had GetOwnedDLC and IEconItems_753 methods) or one of the other undocumented (as far as I am aware) APIs?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it's documented in most places (since they added new methods specifically to make Enhanced Steam better) but I am using the Storefront API, specifically the AppUserDetails.

http://store.steampowered.com/api/appuserdetails/?appids= (whatever the appID is)

So for example if you own Bioshock Infinite, http://store.steampowered.com/api/appuserdetails/?appids=8870 should return "is_owned":true at the end of the JSON string.

Feel free to PM me or add me on Steam if you need more clarification.

I've got a major bug to report.

Recently Steam page with ur addon turned ON has gone crazy. I cannot see any tab on the first page "New" nor "Bestsellers" - nothing - its just blank. I also cannot use Steam search - it doesnt find any games in store (I have to use google). There are also some bugs like this. When I clean my cache & cookies everything seems to go back to normal but after some time it's the same crap again (and i dont want to delete cookies everydea :( ). h_T_T_p://scr.hu/0eva/8zn08 - here's the screen (just delete _)

Maybe its on my side?

Thanks for the addon and keep the good work up :)

[quote name='Maxus']I've got a major bug to report.

Recently Steam page with ur addon turned ON has gone crazy. I cannot see any tab on the first page "New" nor "Bestsellers" - nothing - its just blank. I also cannot use Steam search - it doesnt find any games in store (I have to use google). There are also some bugs like this. When I clean my cache & cookies everything seems to go back to normal but after some time it's the same crap again (and i dont want to delete cookies everydea :( ). h_T_T_p://scr.hu/0eva/8zn08 - here's the screen (just delete _)

Maybe its on my side?

Thanks for the addon and keep the good work up :)[/QUOTE]

That's a very weird error. If the stuff starts disappearing, and you disable Enhanced Steam (Menu -> Extensions -> Uncheck box next to Enhanced Steam) and reload the Steam store, do the items come back?

In the Enhanced Steam menu at the top of each Steam page, there is a drop down menu. Once things start disappearing, if you select "Clear cached data" from that Enhanced Steam drop down, do they come back?

Finally, what language are you using? That may have something to do with it.

Let me know and I'll see what I can find out. :)

[quote name='jshackles']I was able to work with IsThereAnyDeal to set up a web API that Enhanced Steam can use to pull the pricing data directly rather than load it from another page and scrape it. In the next version, I'm planning on adding additional deal tracking sites to the history so I can likely add SteamGameSales back (sadly, as just a link).[/QUOTE]

Okay but that doesn't really address the whole questionable nature of some of the sites they track like Nuuvem. They also track deals that are blocked for certain regions, ie even set to US isthereanydeal will track Ubisoft deals from GetGamesGo and Greenmangaming even though both of those retailers are not authorized by Ubisoft to sell to the US and in fact will block US buyers from buying during those sales.

I guess I will just turn price tracking off because isthereanydeal is pretty useless to me with tracking pricing for things I either shouldn't be buying or can't buy.

*Edited to add: It still would be nice to have the ability to leave the price history for just Steam sales on while turning the other retailers history off.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay but that doesn't really address the whole questionable nature of some of the sites they track like Nuuvem. They also track deals that are blocked for certain regions, ie even set to US isthereanydeal will track Ubisoft deals from GetGamesGo and Greenmangaming even though both of those retailers are not authorized by Ubisoft to sell to the US and in fact will block US buyers from buying during those sales.

I guess I will just turn price tracking off because isthereanydeal is pretty useless to me with tracking pricing for things I either shouldn't be buying or can't buy.

*Edited to add: It still would be nice to have the ability to leave the price history for just Steam sales on while turning the other retailers history off.[/QUOTE]

I totally get ya. :) I'm going to be working some more with the admin from IsThereAnyDeal and we're going to set it up so the user can determine which stores they would like to see deals from. This would be set in the options. The default will probably be "All" but you could uncheck that then select just the stores you want to see such as Steam, Amazon US, etc.

Hope this helps. :D

EDIT: The stores and their checkboxes would look something like this: http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:web/stats

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be quite nice, yes.

There's still a bit of an issue for me that I'd want to see GGG and GMG deals that are actually valid for the US but not the ones that aren't but I don't know if those guys have a good way to filter that sort of thing out.

Hi,

Great work!

A couple of things:

-If I have chrome/tools/extensions set at 110% Zoom (or above) and try to change Enhanced Steam's options, the save button doesn't trigger.

-Free to play games are showing up highlighted the same as owned games. Am I missing an option to turn that part off or to change the color?

Edit: I see you got my Dark Souls e-mail. Enjoy.

Cheers!

[quote name='bill22']
-If I have chrome/tools/extensions set at 110% Zoom (or above) and try to change Enhanced Steam's options, the save button doesn't trigger.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is a bug in the current version I'm going to be releasing an interim version 3.1.1 to fix it. Stay tuned!

[quote name='bill22']
-Free to play games are showing up highlighted the same as owned games. Am I missing an option to turn that part off or to change the color?
[/QUOTE]

This has to do with the Storefront API being used. Valve marks all Free-to-Play games as "owned" so they're being highlighted by the extension. I'll see if I can create an option to stop it from doing that.

[quote name='bill22']
Edit: I see you got my Dark Souls e-mail. Enjoy.
Cheers![/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! Makes me wish I wasn't traveling this weekend for Mother's Day.

i seem to have a bug.

sometimes when i go to the steam website the extension doesn't kick in. It doesn't show me what i own, on my wishlist, or what people wish for. after a few refreshes of the steam website everything seems to work

it was happening in 3.0 but seems to have gotten worse in 3.1

also, i dont think its my extensions because i recently reformatted because i didn't do it awhile and i still had issues

[quote name='firebird12']i seem to have a bug.

sometimes when i go to the steam website the extension doesn't kick in. It doesn't show me what i own, on my wishlist, or what people wish for. after a few refreshes of the steam website everything seems to work

it was happening in 3.0 but seems to have gotten worse in 3.1

also, i dont think its my extensions because i recently reformatted because i didn't do it awhile and i still had issues[/QUOTE]

In 3.1 there is an Enhanced Steam menu at the top. Sometimes things can go a little crazy so you might try to open that menu and select "Clear Cached Data" to see if that helps.

Otherwise, if at some point it doesn't load, you can try to press Ctrl+Shift+J to bring up the error console. If there is any text there in red, it means Enhanced Steam is encountering an error and won't load. If you do have an error, feel free to post it here and I'll look into it.

If you have no error, it's possible that the Steam community servers are down (they have been on and off the last few days). Could be something else too, but we can start there. :)

That's tech support :)

Weekend....

....Mother's day....

...Hmmm....

...I'm off to Amazon.com to find something with 1 day shipping....

ok so i did some tests

i cleared the cache opened the console and then refreshed the page. i noticed the Storefront Carousel changed but nothing else did. i noticed in the console that it did say

XHR finished loading

but it only said that once and nothing else from the extension loaded. So going on the theory that the steam website is slow i waited a minute or two to see if anything else would finish loading as well. Nothing did.

So i refreshed the page while still having the console open and i saw more XHR finished loading and it started showing my wishlist games and the games i own.

when i refresh the page after everything is finished i refreshed the page to see if everything wold load again. it did.

also, when i close my browser and go back to the steam store everything loads up fine. i havnt tried restarting my computer then going to the website. ill try it when i post this and get back with my findings

edit: it still works on computer restart. which is good :)

Hello! I am having issues with enhanced steam. I get an error saying that it can not read the language or options. I've gotten so used to having it there, that it's so strange to not see the extra info. :cry:

[quote name='D3rk01']Hello! I am having issues with enhanced steam. I get an error saying that it can not read the language or options. I've gotten so used to having it there, that it's so strange to not see the extra info. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Where are you seeing this error?

[quote name='jshackles']Where are you seeing this error?[/QUOTE]

Right in the console for the browser... :cry:

I've tried re-installing, but it has not helped.

8f625da7_Screenshot67.png

[quote name='D3rk01']Right in the console for the browser... :cry:

I've tried re-installing, but it has not helped.[/QUOTE]

The error indicates that something is corrupt in your Google Sync cache. Enhanced Steam uses this cache to store your options. In the next version, I'll include a button in the options you can click to delete and re-initialize your cache for Enhanced Steam.

Have you tried signing out of Chrome, then signing back in?

EDIT: Try this method to Create a new browser user profile if all else fails.

[quote name='hatefish']Are you going to support FF 20.0.1?[/QUOTE]

I've tested it with Firefox 20 and 21 and haven't run across any problems, personally. Mozilla has also certified it to work with Firefox 19-21. However, it's got a few features missing when compared to the Chrome version, I'm hoping to get a few of them ported over soon.

[quote name='jshackles']I've tested it with Firefox 20 and 21 and haven't run across any problems, personally. Mozilla has also certified it to work with Firefox 19-21. However, it's got a few features missing when compared to the Chrome version, I'm hoping to get a few of them ported over soon.[/QUOTE]

I can't get it to work at all, nothing is highlighted.

Do you know of any companionably problems with Adblock plus, Adblock plus Pop-up, Element Hiding Helper for Adblock plus, Fasterfox, Flashblock, Greasemonkey, or Personal Menu?

Enhanced Steam only stopped working after I up dated to FF20.0.1.& installed Greasemonkey.

[quote name='hatefish']I can't get it to work at all, nothing is highlighted.

Do you know of any companionably problems with Adblock plus, Adblock plus Pop-up, Element Hiding Helper for Adblock plus, Fasterfox, Flashblock, Greasemonkey, or Personal Menu?

Enhanced Steam only stopped working after I up dated to FF20.0.1.& installed Greasemonkey.[/QUOTE]

I'm not aware of any specific incompatibilities, but I'll install a few of those extensions and give it a try. In the meantime, do you get anything in the Java Error Console (Ctrl+Shift+J) when browsing the Steam site with Enhanced Steam enabled?

[quote name='jshackles']I'm not aware of any specific incompatibilities, but I'll install a few of those extensions and give it a try. In the meantime, do you get anything in the Java Error Console (Ctrl+Shift+J) when browsing the Steam site with Enhanced Steam enabled?[/QUOTE]

I'm getting errors every few sec looks like this http://i.imgur.com/IdTYTD8.jpg
Could be this virus that can only be killed by a clean install.

Reddit Enhancement suite still works but i get this http://i.imgur.com/o7qTlsa.jpg

This is probably pretty far out there but I would love:

A) Chrome notifications when something on wish list goes on sale.

B) Some sort of integration or independent email notification when prices drop for a game to a set threshold. I'm think a tracking slider similar to CAGs for console games.

[quote name='pROvIs']This is probably pretty far out there but I would love:

A) Chrome notifications when something on wish list goes on sale.

B) Some sort of integration or independent email notification when prices drop for a game to a set threshold. I'm think a tracking slider similar to CAGs for console games.[/QUOTE]

Well good news - I'm working with IsThereAnyDeal to bring features like this to Enhanced Steam (via their site). You can kind of get an understanding of it here. Basically, you can set up tracking details for your wishlist, and their site will be able to email you when your "conditions" are met. Conditions will be things like what price, what store, whether it's able to be activated on Steam, etc...

Not 100% sure on the details yet, but I'm going to try to make it as seamless as possible for Enhanced Steam users.

[quote name='hatefish']I'm getting errors every few sec looks like this http://i.imgur.com/IdTYTD8.jpg
Could be this virus that can only be killed by a clean install.

Reddit Enhancement suite still works but i get this http://i.imgur.com/o7qTlsa.jpg[/QUOTE]

Do you have AutoCopy installed? These errors seem to be coming from that extension, not Enhanced Steam. If possible, can you try to disable that extension and see if Enhanced Steam works? Or if there are different console messages?

bread's done
Back