OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Shaq Fu won't cut it I like just CAG as well. The simpler the name the better. I'll be good for at least a couple hours every night

I vote just CAG for simplicity. My copy comes in on the 16th. I preordered the special edition but missed the first cutoff by a day or so. I was promised no later then the 16th though...

I vote for CAG Elites since I brought it up.

Doesn't matter if we're not the best. Perception can do you some good.

Opens up possibilities for inter-CAG clan matchups. The Elites can be the ones that actually participate on a frequent basis, then we can have other CAG _insert sub name here_ group. You know, instead of each and every CAG starting a league, at least we'll know who's a CAG. Makes the games a little better knowing they're part of our community. Besides, if they screw us over we know where to harass 'em.

I vote for the simple CAG as well. Due to the large size limit, I don't see a need to break it down by region either. I fear having to explain the acronym though. What first jumps to your mind when you hear the phrase "Cheap Ass Gamer"? :lol:

well, if anyone is interested i can setup a chatroom on gamesurge.net

#CAG has been taken by "California Area Gamers" but #ClanCAG is still free as is #ClanCAGE

lemme know

[quote name='manofpeace20'][quote name='WildWop']And as the list grows, so the chances of this succeeding dwindles. That's the CAG model of inversely proportional clan attendance. Best of luck.[/quote]

This is what makes Halo 2 so interesting. The ones who aren't active can be booted and it won't affect the clan. Also, the founder of the clan can assign certain members to recruit new players so that the clan stays active and flourishes.

I will only be a part of this clan if I can be assigned to a spot where I can recruit talent to keep the clan flourishing, and I know some good players from playing Counterstrike so damn much (my kill ratio is higher than my death ratio in 2,000 matches)

BTW, I like the name CAG Elites.[/quote]

Apparently, you did not own Black Arrow, which was the first game to implement XBL 2.0 and clan support. It has all of those features that you just mentioned. Booting players does not mean that you will have people playing. Out of the 25-ish people that signed up, the most we ever had online at once was 8. The amount of people frequently active was much lower then that.

And it seems CAGE will be resurrected in Halo. Good to see. [CAGE] your_name_here !

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I vote for CAG Elites since I brought it up.

Opens up possibilities for inter-CAG clan matchups. The Elites can be the ones that actually participate on a frequent basis, then we can have other CAG _insert sub name here_ group. You know, instead of each and every CAG starting a league, at least we'll know who's a CAG. Makes the games a little better knowing they're part of our community. Besides, if they screw us over we know where to harass 'em.[/quote]

Ambitious. Good luck with that one too. Won't likely work.

I'm going to wait & see how the competition plays out. From what I've heard you cannot switch clans after commiting to one. Which would be a pain in the ass if I ever wanted to switch...

Its only one clan at a time. Either way, if you are worried about it, don't commit. There will be plenty of slots a few weeks after Halo 2 is released.

31 people already. I still think that we'll need to have more than 1 clan, since we should have alot of people wanting to join this. As I told rocksolid, we can also ask guys to "sub" for one clan if they're short of guys online. We'll just see how this plays out. This thread will either be very successful, or a complete bomb.

Halo 2 got a 9.7/10 from OXM for the people who live under a rock. Looks like the multiplayer will be very good.

I'm excited for this clan thing and Halo 2, but one thing has me worried... http://xbox.ign.com/articles/558/558570p1.html

Matchmade games are ranked games, where you have almost no control over the type of game you play, whom you play with, or what maps you play on.

How the hell do you have clan matches when you can't get together and play against another clan? Sure there are unranked matches, but that kinda makes the whole clan system kind of pointless...

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='SteveMcQ']I vote for CAG Elites since I brought it up.

Opens up possibilities for inter-CAG clan matchups. The Elites can be the ones that actually participate on a frequent basis, then we can have other CAG _insert sub name here_ group. You know, instead of each and every CAG starting a league, at least we'll know who's a CAG. Makes the games a little better knowing they're part of our community. Besides, if they screw us over we know where to harass 'em.[/quote]

Ambitious. Good luck with that one too. Won't likely work.[/quote]

What can I say? I'm a visionary. An optimist. A genius. An idiot. I am all of those and so much more.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I'm excited for this clan thing and Halo 2, but one thing has me worried... http://xbox.ign.com/articles/558/558570p1.html

Matchmade games are ranked games, where you have almost no control over the type of game you play, whom you play with, or what maps you play on.

How the hell do you have clan matches when you can't get together and play against another clan? Sure there are unranked matches, but that kinda makes the whole clan system kind of pointless...[/quote]

clan matches will be different than matchmade games. our practices can be ranked or unranked (unranked if we want to pick the level specifics, ranked if we just play together as a "party" using random map choices), and as far clan-vs-clan matches, i'm sure they'll accommodate. no one needs to worry about the specifics, i know bungie has big plans for clan support, and i'm sure it will work better than any game yet.

[quote name='sj41']31 people already. I still think that we'll need to have more than 1 clan, since we should have alot of people wanting to join this.[/quote]

Keep in mind that many of these people aren't going to come through. I'd be surprised if even 12 out of the current 30 stuck with it. I don't see that as a problem though.

Put my gamertag to reserve it on the list: ryanw ...but if your stuck with one clan forever I'll withdraw.

Can anyone find out if there is a way to quit a clan?

But if your booted would you be able to join another clan? Would it hurt your rank? Etc...?

I'm suprised there hasen't been as much information given out about this.

again, i really wouldn't worry about this. i don't know of any games where you can't quit a clan, or where quitting a clan affects rating. this clan system will be at least as good as the best ones out there now.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='sj41']31 people already. I still think that we'll need to have more than 1 clan, since we should have alot of people wanting to join this.[/quote]

Keep in mind that many of these people aren't going to come through. I'd be surprised if even 12 out of the current 30 stuck with it. I don't see that as a problem though.[/quote]This clan might be different from the other leagues/clans that we've had. If they don't want to play, they don't have to. But you're required to play LedheD. :twisted:

[quote name='rywateska']Put my gamertag to reserve it on the list: ryanw ...but if your stuck with one clan forever I'll withdraw.

Can anyone find out if there is a way to quit a clan?[/quote]

The clan system will be similar, to R6:BA , you can quit anytime you want to. Thank god that there will be no spawn camping in H2

Rock and SJ- you guys could go about setting up the bungie site so we can be one step closer to getting the ball rolling come Nov9th. Designating ranks and so on. Everyone should sign up at bungie.net and just get it out of the way. Theres already quite a few big clans forming up.

[quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos']Rock and SJ- you guys could go about setting up the bungie site so we can be one step closer to getting the ball rolling come Nov9th. Designating ranks and so on. Everyone should sign up at bungie.net and just get it out of the way. Theres already quite a few big clans forming up.[/quote]I'll check it out tomorrow and try to start it. I need to try and talk to rock soon to see what he wants to do right now.

Glad that more people are wanting to be in this clan. :)

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos']Rock and SJ- you guys could go about setting up the bungie site so we can be one step closer to getting the ball rolling come Nov9th. Designating ranks and so on. Everyone should sign up at bungie.net and just get it out of the way. Theres already quite a few big clans forming up.[/quote]I'll check it out tomorrow and try to start it. I need to try and talk to rock soon to see what he wants to do right now.

Glad that more people are wanting to be in this clan. :)[/quote]

i just did a bit of research, and it appears for now all you can make on bungie.net is a "group" in the '7th column' section, which is in a transitional period of sorts. i know that integration with halo 2 and live is the idea, but i think soon enough they'll have a very clear, specific way to start up a clan page and member list and such. i think we should give it a week and see what changes, if not i'll just start up a group. pm me sj41 and we'll organize a chat time again.

If a 2 month card comes with Halo 2 I will be sure to set up XBL. Not sure about a gamertag yet, since I have to share it with my brother.

I checked the Bungie site, and I have no clue how to setup our clan. Do whatever you can, rock.

so soon....so very, very soon....i cant wait to see how many people are on Live when i get home from Gamerush :)

[quote name='Wshakspear']so soon....so very, very soon....i cant wait to see how many people are on Live when i get home from Gamerush :)[/quote]N|ot me. I'll be asleep. :lol:

I don't believe Bungie will actually have the clan feature up until the game launches. Like rocksolid said, we can only make a 7th Column group. We'll just have to sit tight until launch.

Do you guys think a lot of people will buy a mouse and keyboard for this game if they will work for this game? I hope not because they would have a huge advantage

[quote name='jlarlee']Do you guys think a lot of people will buy a mouse and keyboard for this game if they will work for this game? I hope not because they would have a huge advantage[/quote]

I actually prefer the controller.

everyone up to this point has been added. our clan name will henceforth be, simply, "CAG", unless someone comes up with a better one before launch day. also, i'm hoping that next thursday when i go to the chicago ilovebees thingy i'll be able to talk to a bungie rep who can give me the complete lowdown on clans. either way, we'll have everything set up a couple days after launch by the absolute latest, most likely before that.

as for the question about the keyboard/mouse combo, i will now quote my own website for an answer:

"Jonah asked me tonight whether I think the SmartJoy FRAG, a new keyboard/mouse adapter for XBox and PS2, will ruin online gaming, specifically Halo 2. It's a good question, and it seems the gaming community has been buzzing about it since yesterday sometime. Fears of people dominating Halo 2 unfairly, hot dogs being snatched out of open hands, and general grey-matter implosion might be commonplace, but not to worry. What people seem to be forgetting en masse is that Bungie already has counter-measures set up for this by way of their online ranking and matching systems. Based on your performance, you're placed with players of a generally similar, slightly higher skill level from your second game onwards; the more you play the more accurate it will get, one can assume. So even if the keyboard/mouse combo does give players a significant advantage, which I don't think it will (more on that in a second), they'll soon be playing in rooms populated solely by their cheat-attempting douchebag brethren. That, and the people willing to shell out $75+ for the whole package will be the vast minority of Halo 2 players.

Though as I said, I don't think that this will give people an advantage whatsoever when it comes down to it. The movement and look speeds will still be limited by the game settings, and any good player (such as my immodest self) knows that when you want to go somewhere or shoot something, you do it. The limitations and challenge come in the form of reflexes, knowing the level and your weapons, and anticipating your opponents. None of that changes with a mouse in your hand. If anything, I can move my thumb a hell of a lot faster than my whole hand, and more subtly too. So that's that. No worries. This game needs to come out already so we can stop coming up with reasons why it won't be awesome."

I just don't see how a mouse and keyboard could give someone an edge. Does it make them move side to side faster and dodge bullets easier?

[quote name='manofpeace20']I just don't see how a mouse and keyboard could give someone an edge. Does it make them move side to side faster and dodge bullets easier?[/quote]

Maybe its just me but I can flick my wrist with more speed and accuracy than I can use my thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back