OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, all the stats are already running, but I'm not sure if those are the testers or the Australians who already got the game... I can't find the clan tool... is it going up tonight? Hopefully we can have our first clan match tonight... are we all ok with the Clan name CAG? I am...

[quote name='cronnos']Yeah, all the stats are already running, but I'm not sure if those are the testers or the Australians who already got the game... I can't find the clan tool... is it going up tonight? Hopefully we can have our first clan match tonight... are we all ok with the Clan name CAG? I am...[/quote]

Never mind about the Clan deal, I have the info from Bungie's FAQs:

"Q
How do I create a Clan?
A
To create a Halo 2 Clan, log into Xbox Live and then hit "Y" to bring up your friends menu. If you press right, you'll come to a tab called "Clan." If you're not already a member of a clan, you will have the option to create one. Your clan must have a unique name."

"Q
Can I be in more than one Clan at a time? How many people can I have?
A
No, you can only be in 1 Clan at any given time. Each Clan can have 100 members."

"Q
What can I do with my Clan on Bungie.net?
A
Once you have a Clan in Halo 2 on Live, come to Bungie.net to create a home. Visit the Community section and create a group. We use the term group to refer to the various fansites that exist within Bungie.net - whether they are Halo 2 Clans or 7th Column Chapters. Create one and you and your friends will have a little place to call home complete with your own forums, news, databases and more. You can then link your newly created group page to your Clan for easy access to your clan stats."

yeah, the stats page has been up for about a week. they're going to be launching a whole new site though, including clan stuff, assumably tonight. so no, we won't likely be playing our first game together tonight, but definitely some time this week.

One thing from the FAQs is not very clear to me still though... ok, you (rocksolidaudio) are going to create the clan from the Xbox Live menu in the game, but do we have to be in your friends list already to be able to join? After created, can we join through Bungie.net?

i don't think, and i'm hoping, that it doesn't have anything to do with your friends list. i'm assuming of course, but i imagine that i'll create the clan on bungie's website, which will then be accessible through xbox live. this is all a shot in the dark until the specifics are revealed, but i'm sure it will be intuitive to set up and join, and i'll do all of the legwork i can.

If it is done like Rainbow Six BA a clan is created online in the live menu of the game. You then can invite anyone to join your clan. Just type in the gamertag of the person and it will send them a clan invite. Just accept and you'll be part of the clan. It is pretty simple, kind of like send someone a friend reuqest throught the dashboard but using the game to do it.

...Rock solid gets to do some xbox typing soon...have fun!

And the stats page was up with filler info, but now its actually live.

[quote name='flybrione']If it is done like Rainbow Six BA a clan is created online in the live menu of the game. You then can invite anyone to join your clan. Just type in the gamertag of the person and it will send them a clan invite. Just accept and you'll be part of the clan. It is pretty simple, kind of like send someone a friend reuqest throught the dashboard but using the game to do it.[/quote]

That seems correct according to Bungie's FAQs about clans, which I posted a couple of posts ago. rocksolidaudio, I think you are gonna have to create the clan on Xbox, and then send invites, seems tedious, but we are only 57 or some members.

[quote name='Wshakspear']...Rock solid gets to do some xbox typing soon...have fun![/quote] :lol: I'll try and help you out with that, rock. It's alot for one person to do. :)

...I'm slowly leaning towards the midnight launch...all of my common sense says, "wait till the line is small, you'll get home at 1:30, you won't even play it, you've got exams tommorow, you can go at 2 in the afternoon, & you don't have to rush...." and then there is the, "free magazine subscription if you go? Shittttttttt!"

Rock and SJ, realize you can appoint admins or deputies to assist you in your clan creation work. Everyone should link their live tags and have thier stuff organized up and running today. Also i searched and didn't even find a cag rost group so theres no reference point to work from save for this site- perhaps a group should be created first as i haven't seen any clan stuff go active yet.

I see you're playing Halo 2 right now, rock. I wish I had it. I have to wait another day. :cry:

[quote name='sj41']I see you're playing Halo 2 right now, rock. I wish I had it. I have to wait another day. :cry:[/quote]

Sorry to hear that sj. We were playing it at my store on a 51-inch TV after everyone left.

After registering and linking our tag, how do we actually join the clan? I know it hasn't even been created yet, but do we need to find it and join it? Or will rocksolid and sj need to add everyone? Just wondering so we can get our clan on right away. :wink:

*slams fist on the table*

I'm in.

(my first reply was a 'wait and see'. This is a confirmation. My cable modem has been acting shoddy though)

I'd like to join if I can...I'll only have XBL for about another 5 or 6 weeks, (doubtful I'll renew, but maybe) but I'd love to have a spot if it's at all possible.

Gtag = JMax71382

[quote name='Ledhed']Sorry to hear that sj. We were playing it at my store on a 51-inch TV after everyone left.[/quote]You bitch! :wink:

[quote name='Ledhed']After registering and linking our tag, how do we actually join the clan? I know it hasn't even been created yet, but do we need to find it and join it? Or will rocksolid and sj need to add everyone? Just wondering so we can get our clan on right away. :wink:[/quote]We'll invite you guys. If we need anyone else to do anything, will just post it heere, but for now, we've got it under control. :)

alright, everyone should have gotten an invite (there were two whose gamertags weren't valid). anyone else is free to join the clan until we're full up, and most transmissions with the clan will now be done internally (read: over XBL). any questions at this point?

Nope. That was pretty cool, though, getting a voice message while in single player. I was the first to accept the invite into the clan.. and the first to reply to this thread! Woo!

Already accepted my invite. Can't wait to jump online (can't right now, g/f is asleep). I've been checking out everybody's stats, far and away the coolest feature.

Anyone wanna set up a time for us to get on and play? I'll be playing in a couple of hours, around 8:30 AM Central. I'm sure not many of you will be online at this time (or will you? :wink: ), and I'll be back on later around 5 PM Central. If anyone is interested, post and we'll try and get it setup.

I will be picking up the game today and will be online a bit later tonight 6pm est or so, I gotta play off line a but so I am not to rusty :)

I registered on bungie.net last night and clicked the link gamer tag link, it took me to the xbox website with no option to do anything was that right? I hope so.

[quote name='Othergods']I registered on bungie.net last night and clicked the link gamer tag link, it took me to the xbox website with no option to do anything was that right? I hope so.[/quote]

Do you have a .NET Passport? You need to link your tag to your .NET Passport (which you should have if you registered at bungie.net). After that, you can track your stats online.

All the info you could possibly need is right here.

I'll join. I need to sign up for Xbox Live quick before I have my name. I wanted to wait until the day I got it to sign up. I'll edit this with my name as soon as I get it.

Is it an invite through the game? Or is it supposed to just be an XBL friend request? I don't have the game yet...and I also don't have any friend requests.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Othergods']I registered on bungie.net last night and clicked the link gamer tag link, it took me to the xbox website with no option to do anything was that right? I hope so.[/quote]

Do you have a .NET Passport? You need to link your tag to your .NET Passport (which you should have if you registered at bungie.net). After that, you can track your stats online.

All the info you could possibly need is right here.[/quote]

Cool, I will check it out when I get home from work. I have had a .net acct since way back in my Asheron's Call Days. Can not believe I remembered the password.

[quote name='greendj27']I'll join. I need to sign up for Xbox Live quick before I have my name. I wanted to wait until the day I got it to sign up. I'll edit this with my name as soon as I get it.[/quote]

please post a new message when you get it, as i won't be reading back for changed ones.

[quote name='MrBigFeathas']Is it an invite through the game? Or is it supposed to just be an XBL friend request? I don't have the game yet...and I also don't have any friend requests.[/quote]

it's through the game, different than a friend request

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='greendj27']I'll join. I need to sign up for Xbox Live quick before I have my name. I wanted to wait until the day I got it to sign up. I'll edit this with my name as soon as I get it.[/quote]

please post a new message when you get it, as i won't be reading back for changed ones.

[quote name='MrBigFeathas']Is it an invite through the game? Or is it supposed to just be an XBL friend request? I don't have the game yet...and I also don't have any friend requests.[/quote]

it's through the game, different than a friend request[/quote]

my gamertag is greendj27. Very original, I know. :p

I would like to join up.

However, I am having trouble getting XBL to cooperate, and may have to start a new account. So, if possible, hold a slot for me, and I will post the ID in the next day or so.

Thanks.

Im pretty sure my gamertag is linked at bungie.net, but how do I tell for sure? Since I just signed up for Xbox live today, I don't have any live friends, so i can't check that way.

Edit: I am linked. Did a search for my name and my gamertag is linnked.

cool, im in the clan recieved a clan invite from audio. It is easy, all that I did was move over with the R button in the friends list to the clan list. If you aren't in a clan you don't have anything there except create a clan. But if audio sends you an invite you will join the clan. The clan is called cheapassgamer.

Are we going to create a Group page at Bungie.net? Or are we going to keep all the clan info in here? We should set up a XBL meeting time for tonight so we can start having our first games together... by the way, I need to perfect my skills because last night I got my cheapass kicked by the competition!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back