Official WarHawk Discussion: **Patch 1.5/"Falling Star" OUT!**

signed in to playstation network had a beta picture clicked on it and BOOM i'm downloading it. Didn't even know I signed up.

Oh you were in my game?

I ussually play at random times of the day. And the lag should be minimal since my connection here is godly.

I'll start a new game right now and leave it on all day. (If i quit its because I froze.)

I'd make a CAG room and Password it but I don't think to many CAGers would join today.

So, ill just make:
CheapAssGamer

Room.

woot it seems the update helped alot i didn't freeze once and i did a few glitches but before it wouldn't let you die and now it does

They updated the SCEA servers or something, ended around 10AM Pacific. The Pings are messed up, don't go by those. You can still join those games fine.

[quote name='panasonic']i just assumed it was updated since i hadn't froze but i had a friend host and he froze up.[/quote]

One of the dev's is on the forums now and he says watch for a message about the new patch notes soon.

I'm not sure if this is allowed on this site, but..

Note: You need to have at least firmware version 1.6
warhawk-20070516084210001_thumb.jpg
warhawk-20070516084208392_thumb.jpg
warhawk-20070516084216126_thumb.jpg

Steps:

* Download PS3PROXY (http://dl.qj.net/PS3-Proxy-PlayStation-3/pg/12/fid/13056/catid/518)
* Open ps3proxy and click start
* Go to your ps3
* In XMB go to settings>network setting>network config (or whatever is similar i forgot)
* Press Easy, then manual settings and press easy till you get to "use proxy" say yes
* enter what the ps3proxy program on your computer told you to
* Continue on pressing easy or automatic
* WHEN IT ASKS TO CHECK CONNECT PRESS NO!
* Now that you are done, press OK on the ps3 proxy program
* Click enter URL in ps3proxy

Enter this URL (FULL):
http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/...FV4OhyRp4MEGyO2E1.pkg?product=0084&country=us

* On your ps3 go to the ps3 store
* click to download ANY GAME DEMO (i did ridge racer 7 demo)
* click perform in background (you need 1.6 atleast to play this game)
* wait till the download is finished, then click install on the ridgeracer7 icon (or whatever game demo you downloaded, if this does not work try folding@home link)

let it install

* when installation is done, close ps3proxy and set all your internet connections back to normal
http://www.afkay.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1073

crazy. is it supposed to be a 776 mb file? I did the duck game.

and many thanks! I'm not too interested in this game but it'll be fun to try. Even if it doesn't work, it was worth it to see that guy's "bros before hoes" sig :lol:

edit: looks like it's dead. my download stopped at 1%, and I can't download any other demos (I get "the download operation failed" message)

I can't wait for the next patch. Warhawk is like the new socom for me...so addicting.

Also did you guys read some of the new changes they will do (but won't be in the upcoming patch)? Mostly balancing stuff but I am most excited about them adding a horn to the jeeps lol! So now I can honk at a teammate to get in the back or to just get out the way.

Incognito seems to really listen to feedback.

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']Incognito seems to really listen to feedback.[/quote]

Yeh, I was having a discussion with someone on the boards in the ideas thread. He was saying that the devs don't listen and to "shut up and just play". I said, "whats wrong with expression our views on the game as it is and trying to make it better?" I let him have it after a few posts but the dev stepped in shortly after with all the updates and praises for the thread so... They do listen, and I think WarHawk is going to be a great game because of that.

Just so you know, the new patch hit recently. Seems it is helping some people (Me) though it is still freezing on folks (Me too.. though not as often).

So if you're one of the testers who have been waiting for the update, go try it out again.

Wow..I finally jumped up a rank. I thought I'd never be anything but a recruit. Also the different skins are pretty sweet, so I'd say it's worth it to play in ranked games if you guys aren't already doing so.

So is there still going to be a blu-ray version?

And I played this a ton last weekend. Not really competitively though since I suck at it, but running around and trying to kill people and then getting run over by a jeep sure was fun :D

I really wanted a new Twisted Metal online game but this looks like it'll hold me over well. :) It's even made by the same company!

Oh, does anyone know if you can choose what your character looks like, as well as gender? I haven't seen any videos that show a female character.

[quote name='Dezuria']I really wanted a new Twisted Metal online game but this looks like it'll hold me over well. :) It's even made by the same company![/QUOTE]
Incognito is an odd company. Everyone assumed we'd get a Warhawk sequel after the original was one of the best early PS1 titles, but we never did. Instead, we got an endless supply of TM sequels up until the PS2 where we only got one, the best one since part two. Suddenly, they tell us they're making a new Warhawk for PS3 and yet no word on a TM sequel? Seems like an obvious game to make, but maybe the sales just aren't there anymore.

[quote name='Dezuria']I really wanted a new Twisted Metal online game but this looks like it'll hold me over well. :) It's even made by the same company!

Oh, does anyone know if you can choose what your character looks like, as well as gender? I haven't seen any videos that show a female character.[/quote]

In beta, there are mentions of people asking for females but none so far. You can earn new uniform peices and skins, a lot like resistance for customizing.

$59.99!$!$!$

You have got to be flipping kidding me Sony. You're having a hard time convincing people to pick up your system because of price, but then you put an online only game with a headset in stores for that price? Didn't Microsoft's mistake with Shadowrun teach you anything?

Now I'm almost certain that the online version will be in the $29.99 range, which is sad because that's more than I'm willing to pay for it at this point.

Bummer.

[quote name='psunami']$59.99!$!$!$

You have got to be flipping kidding me Sony. You're having a hard time convincing people to pick up your system because of price, but then you put an online only game with a headset in stores for that price? Didn't Microsoft's mistake with Shadowrun teach you anything?

Now I'm almost certain that the online version will be in the $29.99 range, which is sad because that's more than I'm willing to pay for it at this point.

Bummer.[/QUOTE]

The headset seems good so...I dont mind paying 60.00

Bummer.[/quote]

The online game is going to be $20 according to 1up.com and they value that headset at $40 and then the package and blu ray disk. I do hope the retail version sells in the high millions to get more people using headsets.

Bummer.[/quote]

Ahh, the cheapest blue-tooth headset we sell at Target is around 40$, so I think it's a good price.

I guess I'm just frustrated because I've seen bluetooth headsets going for as low as $20 bucks. I just think that they're decreasing the number of people to buy an online only game when they release it at that price point.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'm curious, does this still work?

I'll try it tomorrow but if someone can confirm this is dead that would save me some time[/quote]

The beta ends Today (7/3/2007).

Yeah, ends today. Sad day for sure. I REALLY enjoyed Warhawk and I'm generally new to online gaming. I think $60 is a nice price for it and the headset, no complaints here.

Hell, launching a rocket across a map and seeing a Warhawk go down in flames is worth $60 right there!

I finally find a PS3 proxy thingy that works on my PC, get Warhawk and go to play, just find out I can't now. :(

[quote name='psunami']I guess I'm just frustrated because I've seen bluetooth headsets going for as low as $20 bucks. I just think that they're decreasing the number of people to buy an online only game when they release it at that price point.[/quote]
Well from what I read in beta, a lot of people are looking forward to the disc version mainly for the headset. Beleive me, the people who got to play the game had a blast so there will be plenty of players.

Here is a review I read/watched of the headset.

bread's done
Back