OTT 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme & EVERYTHING Else Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't get why android and mobile gaming is so popular. Touch screen controls are fucking terrible.
It's perfect for playing in 5-10 minute bursts. I wouldn't want to sit and play Assassins Creed for 2 hours on it.

If all the touch controls are for are just match-3 and tapping, they're fine. I couldn't imagine doing an action game.

I

Mobile gaming and console gaming are like a bicycle and an airplane. They're both modes of transportation but they're designed for different uses.

People seem to think that the Steam Summer Sale is going to start on Thursday. I hope there are some decent deals on the RE games. 

"Xbox One does not include a pack-in headset accessory," a Microsoft spokesperson said in a statement. "Each Xbox One includes the new Kinect sensor, with a highly sensitive multi-array microphones designed to enable voice inputs and chat as a system-level capability, both in-game and with Skype and other experiences."
It's like, WTF? They say it's a must have accessory for online gaming but they don't include it in a box and say Kinect is good enough.

I think a big part of the xbox success over the PS3 was the fact that every game included a headset, which encouraged online communication and multiplayer games.

The PS3 learned from that mistake so now they pack in a headset with every Box. So Microsoft goes backwards and doesn't include one.

I've also heard that you need a proprietary headset to use one on the new Xbox since it has a unique connector.

Kinect is only useful as a chat device if you are single and living alone. Otherwise it picks up everyone in the room and that's generally not a good thing. It is good for Skype, though. So, yeah, they should include a headset in the box.

I think no headset continues their trend of fail. Windows 8 should have included the option of a start button in desktop versions, Surface should have had full Windows on it from the start and included a keyboard, and the Xbox One should have a headset and not be so expensive (oh and the DRM thing too).

Edit 1: Bought one of those A+ panel, pixel perfect monoprice monitors from massdrop. dual monitor setup with 2 2560 x 1440p monitors is going to be banana's. 

Tired of having to work on projects using several programs and there not being enough real estate (particularly with Excel).

Edit 2: Man, everyone keeps losing at Wimbledon. Just saw Federer lost. This is after Sharapova and Nadal went down already.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I ever have a spare $2,500 I'm gonna buy me one of those 30 inch 16:10 monitors and build a whole new gaming rig with high end SLI.

Then I'm gonna play nothing but Bejeweled!

Mine still hasn't, though I'm hoping it does soon. I received a fresh pending charge the other day. I got in pretty early, too.
I was going to call it dead but I checked today and it finally went out. This is after having a pending charge disappear, and I didn't even receive a shipping notification.

95 degrees during the day. Only getting down to 65-70 at night. No a/c in the house.

Now that we finally think about buying at least a portal one, they're all sold out.

We all may be sleeping on the floor downstairs to avoid the oppressive heat upstairs.

Finished playing AC: Revelations last night.  Not nearly as fun as the second game.

Wife doesn't think old Ezio is hot any more.

Started playing Vanquish tonight. Game is goofy.And not consistent in it's level of technology.

Whoa, I posted right after a complete post and it merged the two posts together?

Let's see if it does it a third time.

Man, the economy just isn't fair.

Went out for drinks with a friend last night.  She just graduated college in May (we went to the same school) and was telling me how she got a software engineer job two weeks later and is making 60K a year with full benefits.

I graduated last year and got a job in my field (Finance) not long after and am barely making half that.

Oh man, this heat. Killing me.

At least I get to go into work tonight, not looking forward to coming home.

The tower fans the wife picked up yesterday help somewhat. But we might end up springing for central air next year. Those 2 weeks in the summer when it's 90 or above always make us miserable.

Otherwise this place has the most temperate and boring weather imaginable.

Tempted to pick up Donkey Kong from Amazon for $28. Don't really need another :3ds: game though..

I ain't mad about the Xbox One, bro.

-

:puke:

Last edited:
Life is rough, man.

Heat wave, sweaty sleep, crazy kids, grumpy people.

Vanquish is fun but I feel like I'm doing more button mashing than playing with any sort of skill. The game really needed more intro levels where they introduced the controls and moves/tactics rather than one quick tutorial and then throwing everything at you.

Life is rough, man.

Heat wave, sweaty sleep, crazy kids, grumpy people.

Vanquish is fun but I feel like I'm doing more button mashing than playing with any sort of skill. The game really needed more intro levels where they introduced the controls and moves/tactics rather than one quick tutorial and then throwing everything at you.
That heatwave over the weekend is one of the reasons I just sat down and finished Last Of Us. Didn't want to do anything but sit around and not melt.

Man it's gotten so hot that my phone used weather animations I've never seen before.

Comic con is in 2 weeks and i haven't even prepared at all. Need to go buy a poster tube.

The amount of rain we have had this summer is insane. Chapel Hill got like 7 inches this weekend (we probably got 4 inches where I am in Raleigh).

I would have bought RE6 from GMG, but it looks like the sale is off now that the site works again. Oh well, I will just wait and use my steam credit to buy it when it goes on sale during the summer sale.

I learned something new about EA from Kickstarter today. I backed a board game called Myth and they had the following update.

"On the 21st we received a cease and desist letter from EA asking us to not use the Myth logo. We were rather taken back by what it could mean, and went to our lawyer the next Monday. It appears they have legal rights to the use of flames on letters, numbers, and symbols. "

So if you're making a game, don't use flames in any numbers, letters or symbols.

I learned something new about EA from Kickstarter today. I backed a board game called Myth and they had the following update.

"On the 21st we received a cease and desist letter from EA asking us to not use the Myth logo. We were rather taken back by what it could mean, and went to our lawyer the next Monday. It appears they have legal rights to the use of flames on letters, numbers, and symbols. "

So if you're making a game, don't use flames in any numbers, letters or symbols.

I really wish patent and trademark reform would happen. 

I wonder who holds the legal rights for flames on cars.

I plan on picking up at least a couple things from the playstation sale over the next few weeks.

Going out to get my  Motorola Photon Q today hopefully.

Just watched a classic Venture Bros. from Sunday. One of their best in years. The show just hasn't been the same without Brock.

Also I highly recommend Longmire if you aren't watching it on A&E. Its a good show in its second season . I think S1 is on netflix.

Try living in one of the hottest states in the US and having your AC out for half of the day, the hottest half of the day. Whhhhewwww, that was like a sauna. Just a stagnant, constant aura of heat. Quite interesting.

Try living in one of the hottest states in the US and having your AC out for half of the day, the hottest half of the day. Whhhhewwww, that was like a sauna. Just a stagnant, constant aura of heat. Quite interesting.

What state is this? Arizona? Nevada?

Damn. Waited too long to download Deus Ex from PSN+ and now it's gone. Uncharted 3 is alright. Combat still sucks so I think I'm going to stop playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back