OTT Personals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Renegade_Zero']yeah I guess it was stupid, and supa please don't be a smart ass gamefaqs is full of idiots.[/QUOTE]
Whos being a smartass. It was an honest assessment.

You staked your CAG membership on your ablities in a videogame. Not only that, if you had won, all you *MIGHT* have gained was a little,tiny,shread of respect. (its not like Z and Jimmy were going to bow down to you like Im sure you dreamed) So, you risked big for little reward and compounded it by losing. Sorry if it offends, but that was a very stupid move on your part and very Gamefaqs-esq.

david.mcguire.gif

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']yeah I guess it was stupid, and supa please don't be a smart ass gamefaqs is full of idiots.[/QUOTE]

Oh, so then you should fit right in. :lol:
I mean really, what would possess you to make that kind of bet, especially with a group of people who obviously play the game to death? It's rare that I turn my Xbox on and don't see zewone listed as playing Halo.

I really don't see where the benefit of this was for you... it just seems another in a long line of times where hubris leads directly to one's downfall.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Whos being a smartass. It was an honest assessment.

You staked your CAG membership on your ablities in a videogame. Not only that, if you had won, all you *MIGHT* have gained was a little,tiny,shread of respect. (its not like Z and Jimmy were going to bow down to you like Im sure you dreamed) So, you risked big for little reward and compounded it by losing. Sorry if it offends, but that was a very stupid move on your part and very Gamefaqs-esq.[/QUOTE]

I've got to agree. The risk/reward on that bet just didn't make sense.

well that was an uneventful evening for the OTT, huh? I guess Renegade's departure is somewhat of an event... I doubt he'll actually leave though.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']well that was an uneventful evening for the OTT, huh? I guess Renegade's departure is somewhat of an event... I doubt he'll actually leave though.[/QUOTE]
He'll probably abandon the name and sign up under a new alias.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']well that was an uneventful evening for the OTT, huh? I guess Renegade's departure is somewhat of an event... I doubt he'll actually leave though.[/QUOTE]

Depends whether the mods get involved in the issue or not, I'd think.
Of course, unless he violates the ToS, I really don't think it's thier place to enforce bets.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I'm just going to stop posting... forever.[/QUOTE]

Well, that was quite anticlimactic.

[quote name='JSweeney']Well, that was quite anticlimactic.[/QUOTE]
It's like a pathetic attempt to garner more attention than him leaving actually deserves.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']poor question mark :cry:[/QUOTE]

It really makes you wonder what those monsters would do to a dangling participle or a diphthong.

Their latest comic, the one about the dentist, sucks. But was saved by the timely addition of the Fruit fucker laying passed out on the table. They should have just done that image and it would have been better.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Their latest comic, the one about the dentist, sucks. But was saved by the timely addition of the Fruit fucker laying passed out on the table. They should have just done that image and it would have been better.[/QUOTE]

Are you Ackbar, killer of threads?

:)

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Their latest comic, the one about the dentist, sucks.[/QUOTE]

Funny. I've always thought their "latest comic" sucked, since the dawn of its existence.

Only for a select few would it be an event.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']He'll probably abandon the name and sign up under a new alias.[/QUOTE]
Most likely.

[quote name='JSweeney']Depends whether the mods get involved in the issue or not, I'd think.
Of course, unless he violates the ToS, I really don't think it's thier place to enforce bets.[/QUOTE]
Not this mod, and what he did in this "bet" doesn't violate the ToS. The only reason he would leave is to live up to his end of the "bet". Being foolish isn't against the ToS.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']It would be sad if mods got involved in such a thing.[/QUOTE]
Yes, indeed it would.

That is your choice, and your choice to leave or not.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']It's like a pathetic attempt to garner more attention than him leaving actually deserves.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I have to agree with you on that one. :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']That is your choice, and your choice to leave or not.[/QUOTE]

There's something to be said about sticking to your word these days ... I think it's: "what are you, retarded? It's the fucking internet!" :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242']Only for a select few would it be an event.

[/QUOTE]

You're right. I'd guess that there would be 15, maybe 20 posters whose leaving would be a minor event, and maybe about 5 or 6 (if that) whose leaving would be fairly major.

(And no, I don't include myself in either of those groups.)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']My copy of SM64 DS should be here today, but I won't get my DS until Monday. :cry: :wall:[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you get a good game? :eek:

Yeah, countless others all said "I'm leaving!" then came back. In fact, I can't recall anyone who said they were leaving and actually stayed away for good. They ALWAYS come back. You may stop posting with that name, but I guarantee you'll be around.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']There's something to be said about sticking to your word these days ... I think it's: "what are you, retarded? It's the fucking internet!" :lol:[/QUOTE]
Yes, the Internet, the place where all truths get kicked into the dumpster. :D

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Also looks like it's the last season for King of the Hill.[/QUOTE]
Now, that does suck indeed. It's not always side-splittingly funny, though it's still consistently decent. :|

[quote name='JSweeney']You're right. I'd guess that there would be 15, maybe 20 posters whose leaving would be a minor event, and maybe about 5 or 6 (if that) whose leaving would be fairly major.

(And no, I don't include myself in either of those groups.)[/QUOTE]
That sounds like a list along the lines of the ZL 50 CAGs into Heaven list. :D

[quote name='Brak']Why didn't you get a good game? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Whoa. They ship separately? That's trash.[/QUOTE]
WalMart ran out of the bundled versions of DS w/SM64DS, so I think they made their own bundles to satisfy demand, and they ship seperately.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Yeah, countless others all said "I'm leaving!" then came back. In fact, I can't recall anyone who said they were leaving and actually stayed away for good. They ALWAYS come back. You may stop posting with that name, but I guarantee you'll be around.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's funny how that works. :whistle2:s

[quote name='JSweeney']You're right. I'd guess that there would be 15, maybe 20 posters whose leaving would be a minor event, and maybe about 5 or 6 (if that) whose leaving would be fairly major.

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to think I'd be missed, but I know all of you are far too heartless to expect it :lol:

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Yeah, countless others all said "I'm leaving!" then came back. In fact, I can't recall anyone who said they were leaving and actually stayed away for good. They ALWAYS come back. You may stop posting with that name, but I guarantee you'll be around.[/QUOTE]

DZ ... that's all I've got. But I don't know that she actually annonced it. :whistle2:k

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I thought it was because you are a masochist[/QUOTE]

Is that the same thing as having no will power now? :lol:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I'd like to think I'd be missed, but I know all of you are far too heartless to expect it :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'd miss you for a few days. But then I'd remember what an asshole you were, always bringing up the Decemberists concert. :bomb: ;) :lol:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I'd like to think I'd be missed, but I know all of you are far too heartless to expect it :lol:[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, with an intro like that, how are we supposed to respond? :D

[quote name='shrike4242']Hmmm, with an intro like that, how are we supposed to respond? :D[/QUOTE]

I'll leave that to your discretion.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']
I'd miss you for a few days. But then I'd remember what an asshole you were, always bringing up the Decemberists concert. :bomb: ;) :lol:[/QUOTE]

Can you blame me?

This place is like a cult. Everyone is brainwashed.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Well I'm seeing them on the 20th, so I guess we'll see. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ah, I thought you had already rectified the situation. So I still have a couple weeks to get my digs in ;)

[quote name='Xevious']This place is like a cult. Everyone is brainwashed.[/QUOTE]

My brain says "Check Yahoo mail" but my fingers type cheapassgamer.com

slightly iratating after a while

I guess this is assuming that people in the OTT follow sports.

Come on jimmie, if it's not an otakucon or something, i doubt they'd care

On an entirely unrelated note, I'm logging on to the CAG forums from a place other than home for the first time in ages. I didn't realize we've got ads all over the forums....

Weird...

Would dz count in this? She may not really have said that she was leaving, though she pondered the thought all the time, but she hasn't posted at all in a long time.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Well I'm seeing them on the 20th, so I guess we'll see. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I'll see them on Monday, so I'll be sure to fill you guys in...

[quote name='Mouse']On an entirely unrelated note, I'm logging on to the CAG forums from a place other than home for the first time in ages. I didn't realize we've got ads all over the forums....

Weird...[/QUOTE]
Have to pay the bills somehow besides the referrals.

And in comparison to other sites, these ads are pretty low-key, since they're not Flash-driven and they're easy enough to ignore.

[quote name='JimmieMac']New England Patriots World Championship Football action 9PM EST.[/QUOTE]

Why would I watch the Patriots when I can root the Lions on to another losing season? :lol:

[quote name='JSweeney'] It's rare that I turn my Xbox on and don't see zewone listed as playing Halo.[/QUOTE]
:cool:
[quote name='JSweeney']5 or 6 (if that) whose leaving would be fairly major.[/QUOTE]
:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back