Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, now my funds aren't transferring over to GMG. Poop. Luckily like you say Thermo, there's nothing that enticing even for free.

Eve Online Free Trial is now the #3 best selling game on GMG's list.

Good work fellas!

Maybe they should add a "PlayFire funds transfer" item to the store =D

Well, Playfire has officially given up.

New Rewards

Available until Tuesday 29 April, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Conquest of Champions - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Perpetuum - play for the first time - £0.10

25% off Dark Souls II is back until Friday, plus there's the potential £5.50 back in rewards as previously mentioned.

Reminds me I still don't have Conquest of Champion rewards from the last time it was offerend neither Loadout :p

I hope many rewards for Murdered Soul & Tropico 5 when they are released.

Reminds me I still don't have Conquest of Champion rewards from the last time it was offerend neither Loadout :p

Considering Conquest of Champions hasn't even been released on steam yet, I don't think there were any PF rewards for it already, you might be confusing it with something else.

He's probably thinking of Champions Online: Free for All.

They sound very similar.. and they're both F2P.

I know Conquest is F2P, is Perpetuum going to be?

Well, Playfire has officially given up.

New Rewards

Available until Tuesday 29 April, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Conquest of Champions - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Perpetuum - play for the first time - £0.10
25% off Dark Souls II is back until Friday, plus there's the potential £5.50 back in rewards as previously mentioned.
You'd think they'd add rewards for some of the sale items, even just Play for the first time rewards for each one but noooooooo. That makes way too much sense from a marketing perspective

Champions Online: Free for All - play for the first time - £0.10

Probably that. :D

Edit: I was slow...

Those may be the hardest rewards ever
Yeah, practically impossible for the basic acievies on one play through considering you can't get all the hexes/miracles without joining and maxing specific covenants. I've never actively tried for Gestures in the previous games, and get all achievements LOL.

I will just play the game and enjoy it, I should be able to get the following non secret achievies:

• Play for the first time - £0.10
  • Unlock Self Recollection - £0.05
  • Unlock Supreme Weapon - £0.25
  • Unlock Selfless Giver - £0.25
  • Unlock This is Dark Souls - £0.05

Yeah, practically impossible for the basic acievies on one play through considering you can't get all the hexes/miracles without joining and maxing specific covenants. I've never actively tried for Gestures in the previous games, and get all achievements LOL.

I will just play the game and enjoy it, I should be able to get the following non secret achievies:

Why u don't plan to play within first 3 days to get £0.5 instead of £0.1 :D

Having messed around with the game on the Box of X, I can tell you that some of the convent ones are really easy and available, too. Without spoiling anything, you'll almost certainly get those just by looking around and talking to people in the early areas.

And yes, we'll all get This Is Dark Souls (which you get for dying for the first time).

I hope they're changing these games soonish. The current selection of the BTtA sale is crap.

Yeah, I was disappointed when they didn't change over this morning. Gotta burn these credits on something...
Our latest set of deals have arrived, and for the next 48 hours you'll be able to take advantage of great discounts on games based on warfare set during the Medieval ages. With compelling titles like Blackguards and Chivalry on sale, now is the perfect time to quench your thirst for bloodlust!

Some of the highlights for the 1000 - 1800 period are:

I hope they're changing these games soonish. The current selection of the BTtA sale is crap.

Yeah, I was disappointed when they didn't change over this morning. Gotta burn these credits on something...
They've been doing 48 hour deals lately. There's a timer for them on the blog. Expect new stuff from 1800 - Present Day tomorrow, and then Future stuff on Saturday.

They've been doing 48 hour deals lately. There's a timer for them on the blog. Expect new stuff from 1800 - Present Day tomorrow, and then Future stuff on Saturday.
Last time the 48-hr deals overlapped, though. Also, if tomorrow's deals are as lackluster as 1000-1800, then that'll be even more of a bummer.

I'd feel better about the lack of good GMG deals if they were giving me free money to use on upcoming deals. Instead we get crap on Playfire. They blew their reward load on DS2 and I'm just too much of a CAG to buy that yet. :(

Question about Playfire.... do you have to have the client installed for it to track your rewards through Steam? or is simply linking my Steam account on their website sufficient?

Question about Playfire.... do you have to have the client installed for it to track your rewards through Steam? or is simply linking my Steam account on their website sufficient?
Just linking is fine, though you do get a reward for installing the client. You could install it, get the reward, then uninstall afterwards.

Just linking is fine, though you do get a reward for installing the client. You could install it, get the reward, then uninstall afterwards.
I'm surprised I haven't joined the Playfire bandwagon. I already have Raptr installed and am kind of meh about it, but monies as well....haha. I might do it before I play Dark Souls 2 this Friday woot.

I'm surprised I haven't joined the Playfire bandwagon. I already have Raptr installed and am kind of meh about it, but monies as well....haha. I might do it before I play Dark Souls 2 this Friday woot.
Playfire Rewards is like 1000x better than Raptr rewards. Raptr gives you almost 0 points for playing and most of the games can't be optimized for bonus points. Playfire gives you a ton more money and tells you specifically what you can do to get it.

They've been doing 48 hour deals lately. There's a timer for them on the blog. Expect new stuff from 1800 - Present Day tomorrow
That's a lot longer than 48 hours... more like 1.9 million hours... on the bright side, you're only off by a factor of 40,000 times... what's four orders of magnitude between friends?

I mentioned this over in the Groupess thread (but it needs to be mentioned here even more for the newcomers to Playfire rewards)...

Whatever you do, don't create a new Playfire account from scratch. Instead use your GMG login and password to sign into Playfire, trust me it works. This is how you correctly setup a Playfire account, otherwise you'll have a helluva time getting these Playfire reward credits to sync with GMG. Then link your Steam account to your Playfire account and reap the benefits of free GMG credits.

I mentioned this over in the Groupess thread (but it needs to be mentioned here even more for the newcomers to Playfire rewards)...

Whatever you do, don't create a new Playfire account from scratch. Instead use your GMG login and password to sign into Playfire, trust me it works. This is how you correctly setup a Playfire account, otherwise you'll have a helluva time getting these Playfire reward credits to sync with GMG. Then link your Steam account to your Playfire account and reap the benefits of free GMG credits.
You forgot to mention that you will get banned for contacting support.

You forgot to mention that you will get banned for contacting support.
I've contacted support 80,085 times and I'm still standing, barely.

I'm practically best friends with the Playfire support guys/gals by now. Except they never answer the phone when I call. :whistle2:k

I did this the straight out the gate and I'm still in reward tracking hell. We're all just beta testers. I wouldn't be surprised if once it's out of beta, all the rewards go bye-bye.

I did this the straight out the gate and I'm still in reward tracking hell. We're all just beta testers. I wouldn't be surprised if once it's out of beta, all the rewards go bye-bye.
I don't know... I suspect they'll keep at it as long as the NSA underwrites it.

At least they pay us to beta. On Steam, they expect you to do it for free or even pay for it on the market.

Hmm. Well damn. It seems everyone is on a different wavelength with this Beta. I thought a big hang-up was creating a Playfire account either before the beta or by not using GMG login info and syncing Steam to that Playfire account. Perhaps my issue was an outlier compared to most Playfire problems. Bizarre.

Our latest set of deals have arrived, and for the next 48 hours you'll be able to take advantage of great discounts on games based on warfare set during the Medieval ages. With compelling titles like Blackguards and Chivalry on sale, now is the perfect time to quench your thirst for bloodlust!

Some of the highlights for the 1000 - 1800 period are:

You got the highlights exactly right there Fox.

The next Head 2 Head Playfire Rewards is BlackGuards vs Citadels, so vote if you care here

The winning game usually gets quite a good amount of rewards and the loser gets a handful too.

They're both on sale right now. BlackGuards is $20 before coupon ($16 after) and Citadels is $9.99, a penny short of being couponable.

Theres only a day left on a bunch of Rewards including DooM 3 BFG, Killing Floor and Typing of teh Ded.

Ima get busy on Doom.

The next Head 2 Head Playfire Rewards is BlackGuards vs Citadels, so vote if you care here

The winning game usually gets quite a good amount of rewards and the loser gets a handful too.

They're both on sale right now. BlackGuards is $20 before coupon ($16 after) and Citadels is $9.99, a penny short of being couponable.

Theres only a day left on a bunch of Rewards including DooM 3 BFG, Killing Floor and Typing of teh Ded.

Ima get busy on Doom.
Looking forward to them Blackguards rewards, since I bough that Daedelic pack.

Hopefully we'll start to see some big batches of rewards over the next few days, to make up for the last few days.

Ima get busy on Doom.
Damnit, I don't have either this time. I've never heard of them before, they any good?

I'm busy on Castle of Illusion right now. Definitely gonna be up late tonight on it, but at least it's good.

I'd feel better about the lack of good GMG deals if they were giving me free money to use on upcoming deals. Instead we get crap on Playfire. They blew their reward load on DS2 and I'm just too much of a CAG to buy that yet. :(
22.50 Here (for my favorite game series I bit.), woulda been 12.50 if I woulda got the gmgcashback stupid sleep.. >< Some on here got it for free..

That last Doom 3 reward (play catch) is really easy...
I know. The rewards for Doom 3 are pretty easy compared to most of the ones for other games. It's what took me off the fence and made me wanna buy it.. until the website decided to explode at the worst time for me. X.x

Oh well, got my hands full between Castle of Illusion and Typing of the Dead anyways. I feel bad for the people who bought Awesomenauts/Killing Floor and are trying to get the rewards right now.

I can't do the last Awesomenauts reward, is really difficult (or I'm really bad at the game), but the other ones are easy. And I already had all the KF reward's achievements from before, so no $ for me there :(

I can't do the last Awesomenauts reward, is really difficult (or I'm really bad at the game), but the other ones are easy. And I already had all the KF reward's achievements from before, so no $ for me there :(
Seems to be the case.
Every time awesomenauts is included, I'm shit out of luck because I already have them -.-

Anyways with the rewards this past week, I wasn't able to make any money. Therefore not preordering Dark Souls 2 for goodies :(

New Battle Through the Ages sales are up for 1800-2014.

Some highlights:

• Sniper Elite titles, up to 75% off
  • Full Spectrum Warrior titles, 75% off
  • Air Conflicts titles, 75% off
  • Jagged Alliance titles, 75% off
  • Hearts of Iron titles + DLC, 75% off
  • Company of Heroes, Wings of Prey, Renegade Ops collection, Silent Storm Gold, Battlestations, 75% off
Use coupon code OFU76E-1C6RHK-OX6OMC for an additional 20% off if you spend $10 or more.

Also, some hints for the 2014-9999 sales, credit to Maghook at reddit. [customspoiler=Hints]

IqlAeMM.jpg
sz0L5vs.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Looks like Sega is finally participating in this one.

Of course it figures they don't put any of the Renegade Ops DLC on sale, just the base game and the collection. :wall:

Anyways, I hope they include the Binary Domain DLC/Aliens stuff when the third part of the sale starts on Saturday.

Edit: Another crappy batch of rewards added today, by the way.

Am I the only one who didn't know Typing of the Dead Overkill came with the PC port of House of the Dead Overkill? No wonder it's so expensive normally...

Edit 2: If you're looking to buy Jagged Alliance stuff, the Collector's Bundle is part of a $4 bundle at BundleStars, with a bunch of other stuff, definitely better than the prices GMG is offering. -> http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/kalypso-bundle/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back