Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
New Battle Through the Ages sales are up for 1800-2014.

Some highlights:

• Sniper Elite titles, up to 75% off
  • Full Spectrum Warrior titles, 75% off
  • Air Conflicts titles, 75% off
  • Jagged Alliance titles, 75% off
  • Hearts of Iron titles + DLC, 75% off
  • Company of Heroes, Wings of Prey, Renegade Ops collection, Silent Storm Gold, Battlestations, 75% off
Use coupon code OFU76E-1C6RHK-OX6OMC for an additional 20% off if you spend $10 or more.
...those're highlights?

I think that was a promo that only extended to people who owned the game before a certain date.
Worked for years after. I've never seen any indication/report that it no longer works, Negative Nancy.

But if ignorance makes you happy... you're a very lucky boy.

What, this isn't the GogManGaming Thread?
What a combination of the three sites might look like: [customspoiler='Strangely intriguing at first, ultimately disappointing and anticlimactic.']https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Q7kLT7CT8[/customspoiler]

There's better deals today I think:

Battlestations Midway is $1.39 and Battlestations Pacific is $1.79 ... which are apparently historic lows and look aight.

Cold War is $1.24 and also looks aight-ish

Renegade Ops Collection is $4.24 

Sniper Elite V2 is $8.16 after the 20% off coupon.

Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie or SENZ 2 4-packs are $12.23 after 20% off coupon 

Company of Heroes is $2.49

Silent Storm 2 Gold is $2.49

Full Spectrum Warrior: Complete $3.74

Order of War is $1.59 ... and looks pretty friggin good for $1.59, I'm gonna buy it to transfer credit

Conflict Denied Ops is $1.19 and looks aight-y for $1.19

There were far too many Playfire Rewards that just ended today. It'd be better to space those out, but that would probably be expecting asking too much of them.

There were far too many Playfire Rewards that just ended today. It'd be better to space those out, but that would probably be asking too much of them.
Yeah, I didn't get around to the Killing Floor or Tieping off teh Dedd ones. Now I'm only left with Portal 2, which is cool cos I was enjoying it when I had to stop to move onto other rewards, and Always Remember Me, which I really don't want to actually play.

Yeah, I didn't get around to the Killing Floor or Tieping off teh Dedd ones. Now I'm only left with Portal 2, which is cool cos I was enjoying it when I had to stop to move onto other rewards, and Always Remember Me, which I really don't want to actually play.
Same, I missed out on Killing Floor, Awesomenauts, and Castle of Illusion. Just not enough time. Having 8 game rewards ending on one day is pretty stupid. Especially if having that many games for reward tracking overloads their system.

Everything from reward tracking to credit transferring seems to be damn slow still.

I've missed of the ones this week except for the play first ones and I really wanted to get around to Doom 3 BFG.  I might not even get around to the portal 2 ones, which I really wanted to do.  Too much work this week :(

I've missed of the ones this week except for the play first ones and I really wanted to get around to Doom 3 BFG. I might not even get around to the portal 2 ones, which I really wanted to do. Too much work this week :(
The last time I played Doom 3 was probably 8-9 years ago, but the 2012 BFG version is pretty good for the most part. The visual updates are nice, but the combat does feel a bit aged. I kept wanting to "upgrade" my weapons like one can in Dead Space.

It's strange, but when I played it last night, it reminded me exactly of how I imagined it looked 8-9 years ago. Which is unfortunately not the case. Funny how one gets used to the advancement of visuals in gaming over the years and how your mind misremembered how a game actually looked. Sometimes it's a total let down. Praise be for all the mods and modifiers out there to help resolve that dilemma.

New rewards just got posted. Surprise, they all suck.

Only one (ArcheBlade) is F2P, and the only reward for it is playing for the first time. None of the other games that have rewards have been bundled either. Maybe they'll pick back up with the rewards next week.

• ArcheBlade™ - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Canyon Capers - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Canyon Capers - unlock A ticket to ride - £0.10
  • Canyon Capers - unlock Deep pockets - £0.25
  • Canyon Capers - unlock Super Stealth Ninja - £0.50
  • Chip - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Chip - unlock Upgraditis - £0.10
  • Chip - unlock How do they work? - £0.25
  • Chip - unlock A.W.E.S.O.M.-O - £0.50
  • Hotel Collectors Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
Been marathoning Portal 2 since last night, passed out this morning in the middle of the co-op stuff, so it scanned before I got the last 3 rewards. :whistle2:( I'm enjoying the game enough that I'll finish it either way, so thank god for that. :p

Now all I need is Left 4 Dead 1, CS: GO and Half-Life Source and my Valve collection shall be complete.

Double post but if you're going for the Always Remember Me achievement rewards since you most likely own the game already, this should be of great help to you -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250939332

Specifically, all the achievement rewards are based on special endings with 3 of the 4 guys. From the guide: To achieve the “special ending” you need 100 affection points, and 99 skill points (depending on which suitor). For the “normal ending” you only need 100 affection points.

If you're dissatisfied with the Deluxe DLC nonsense, might as well get your money's worth from the game, right? :p

Double post but if you're going for the Always Remember Me achievement rewards since you most likely own the game already, this should be of great help to you -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250939332

Specifically, all the achievement rewards are based on special endings with 3 of the 4 guys. From the guide: To achieve the “special ending” you need 100 affection points, and 99 skill points (depending on which suitor). For the “normal ending” you only need 100 affection points.

If you're dissatisfied with the Deluxe DLC nonsense, might as well get your money's worth from the game, right? :p
Think i'll try it once or twice without guide....ruins the fun of these games, but good to know once I complete it once or twice and just want to rush the rest of the achievements.

Anyone have an opinion on the nvidia shield? I currently have $200+ in best buy credit and wondering if it's worth the $199 price. Figured I would ask here since you all are pc enthusiasts.

Midway uses GameSpy, Which is also shutting down.
Lol, of course it does. Would explain the deep discount.

The GameSpy shutdown only affects server lists and afaik, you can do Direct IP games in Midway, so it's still playable. I doubt Pacific will be though, other than locally.

Either way, thank you for the heads-up.

New Battle Through the Ages sales are up for 2014-9999.

Games include:

Most activate on Steam, check product page before purchase.

Use coupon code FUSWJT-B1DU64-JBV8UY for an additional 20% off if you spend $10 or more.

Lame last set of deals, with none on Aliens games. Maybe I should have picked up the Battlestations games after all.

Of course just like Renegade Ops, Sega doesn't put the separate DLCs on sale for Binary Domain, just the collection. Should have got 'em from Gamersgate for 80% off while I had the chance. :wall:

Lame last set of deals, with none on Aliens games. Maybe I should have picked up the Battlestations games after all.

Of course just like Renegade Ops, Sega doesn't put the separate DLCs on sale for Binary Domain, just the collection. Should have got 'em from Gamersgate for 80% off while I had the chance. :wall:
The DLC for Binary Domain is crap anyway. The DLC for Renegade Ops is actually good.

You don't need the DLC. The one is multiplayer and the other is entirely forgettable. I'm someone who usually likes to have complete versions, but regret spending the extra change on those two DLC.

Buying Project Snowblind finally updated my GMG credit. Eve didn't do anything for me. Must be a new anti-pirate security measure. Must buy to get credits now :whee:

Buying Project Snowblind finally updated my GMG credit. Eve didn't do anything for me. Must be a new anti-pirate security measure. Must buy to get credits now :whee:
It's a cunning plan, GMG is making you buy cheap games to activate credit to get free games.

It's brilliant really.

New Battle Through the Ages sales are up for 2014-9999.

Games include:

Most activate on Steam, check product page before purchase.

Use coupon code FUSWJT-B1DU64-JBV8UY for an additional 20% off if you spend $10 or more.
Added these to the OP, thanks CarnivalMadness ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back