Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
New rewards added:

Available until Friday 2 May, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

Blackguards - play for the first time - £0.10
Blackguards - unlock Double 20 - £0.10
Blackguards - unlock Servant of Xerfai - £0.10
Blackguards - unlock The Breakout - £0.10
Blackguards - unlock Phex's Favourite - £0.25
Blackguards - unlock Oblivious 10 - £0.25
Blackguards - unlock Archmage - £0.25
Blackguards - unlock Model Student - £0.50
Blackguards - unlock Nerd - £0.50
Blackguards - unlock Disciple of Peraine - £0.50
Citadels - play for the first time - £0.10
Citadels - unlock First Win - £0.10
Citadels - unlock Duelist - £0.25
Citadels - unlock Keeper of Hope - £0.50

It sure would be nice if they'd quit giving rewards for games I didn't get for next-to-nothing in a fantastic sale.
You mean you don't like their initiative to give more rewards for newly released games? I mean we all want to spend more money right?

You mean you don't like their initiative to give more rewards for newly released games? I mean we all want to spend more money right?
So, does yellow font and no Comics Sans mean half-joking/half-serious?

Also - does Comics Sans and NO yellow font also mean half-joking/half-serious?

Thanks for posting the deal on Dark Souls II, I just saved myself a crap ton of money.
Cool plus lots and lot of Playfire rewards for playing now. I think I may be done with the Souls games after this one. I think i'm realizing that I really don't like these games that much (may be in the extreme minority). They seem fun, and are OK in exploring, fighting, figuring out what to actually do without spoiling yourself from the net or other resources(I've always tried just trial and error in these games). I just don't have an exact fun, fun oh man I can't stop playing time with either this one or it's predecessor. Just me rambling but I know for sure this will be the last one of the series I get for a while. I will play it to death (pun intended) and hope to get rewarded with lots of Playfire credit, but yeah just my 2 cents overall on the 2 in the series I've played (Dark Souls 1/2).

Dogdarnit, went to buy a copy of Project Snowblind and they're out of stock

Edit:

You mean sonovabitch Fatality

2nd Edit:

I hate you all!
Damn, it's gone? That's disappointing, I was hoping my Playfire credit would finally transfer by now or I would just pay out of pocket.. now I don't even get the choice. :whistle2:(

I missed snowblind too.... I didn't even knew about that game until spoder mentioned it. I blame spoder. 

Yeah, this is why you dont buy a game - especially a port- on day one. Wonder how many suckers paid the full $50
Yeah, but this game's like 8-9 years old! Hard to care if you bought it that fast on Day 1, when a game's THAT old and been around THAT long. Some games - yeah, they just don't age well; whether it's technical graphics, gameplay, game mechanics, style, and/or whatever the case may be.

I could understand if someone complains they bought a game for $50-60 on pre-order or week of release - then a month and a few weeks or so later a game's 66% off before applying any 20% off voucher...i.e. Thief Regular and Master Ed.

EDIT:

Dogdarnit, went to buy a copy of Project Snowblind and they're out of stock

Edit:

You mean sonovabitch Fatality

2nd Edit:

I hate you all!
You wouldn't be the 1st and last to hate me. :p

Yeah, this is why you dont buy a game - especially a port- on day one. Wonder how many suckers paid the full $50
I have to ask. What the fuck is the deal with your rep? Is it legitimate bad feedback or do people just hate you?

Yeah, but this game's like 8-9 years old! Hard to care if you bought it that fast on Day 1, when a game's THAT old and been around THAT long. Some games - yeah, they just don't age well; whether it's technical graphics, gameplay, game mechanics, style, and/or whatever the case may be.

I could understand if someone complains they bought a game for $50-60 on pre-order or week of release - then a month and a few weeks or so later a game's 66% off before applying any 20% off voucher...i.e. Thief Regular and Master Ed.

EDIT:

You wouldn't be the 1st and last to hate me. :p
I think he's talking about people paying full-price for Dark Souls 2.

And also, another depressing comment. Do you need a hug?

I have to ask. What the fuck is the deal with your rep? Is it legitimate bad feedback or do people just hate you?
Neither, I think. It can't be legitimate as I have never sold nor traded anything. As far as I know, there's two bad reps, and one of them is from an account that was banned for probably making illegitimate complaints. This is hardly "people." Seems to be one person who probably had a bad day.

Neither, I think. It can't be legitimate as I have never sold nor traded anything. As far as I know, there's two bad reps, and one of them is from an account that was banned for probably making illegitimate complaints. This is hardly "people." this seems to be one person who probably had a bad day.
Yeah, looks like one the accounts was banned. I would recommend talking to the mods about it if it bothers you, they can fix that sort of thing.

Yeah, looks like one the accounts was banned. I would recommend talking to the mods about it if it bothers you, they can fix that sort of thing.

Actually, my rep was brought up at another point today so I contacted CheapyD via Twitter, who then apparently forwarded it to some @Tiredjohn. He said a fix should be in by tonight.

So odd that my rep was like this for weeks and it was only brought up today, but twice, then a fix is already in the works. Coincidence?

Fortunately for me, it's not bothersome.

Actually, my rep was brought up at another point today so I contacted CheapyD via Twitter, who then apparently forwarded it to some @Tiredjohn. He said a fix should be in by tonight.

So odd that my rep was like this for weeks and it was only brought up today, but twice, then a fix is already in the works. Coincidence?

Fortunately for me, it's not bothersome.
Interesting coincidence. Glad to see you get it fixed though in case you ever do decide to do a trade or something here. It's just jarring.

Um, sure? Is this going to be a thing now?

I just need a winning lottery ticket - that's all. ;)
If I ever get a second one, I'll let you have it.

When does the DS2 sale end? Can't find it specified in the OP nor on GMG.
GMG Blog said:
[background=#ffffff]*This voucher is valid until 1600 UTC April 28th 2014. Only valid against PC Download version of Dark Souls 2. Multiple vouchers cannot be used in conjunction. Voucher and titles available are susceptible to change. Applicable worldwide.[/size][/background]

[SIZE=x-small]Available until Sunday 4 May, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:[/SIZE]

• Battlepillars Gold Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Block Story™ - play for the first time - £0.10
  • FarSky - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Millennium - A New Hope - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Millennium - A New Hope - unlock Discovering Myst - £0.10
  • Millennium - A New Hope - unlock Progressive Gamer - £0.25
  • Millennium - A New Hope - unlock Bear King Slaughterer - £0.50
  • Narcissu 1st & 2nd - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - unlock LINE - £0.10
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - unlock ROLL PRACTICE - £0.25
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - unlock 500 ATTEMPTS - £0.50
  • The Promised Land - play for the first time - £0.10

Little better, but still crabby rewards :(

Battlepillars Gold Edition - play for the first time - £0.10

Narcissu 1st & 2nd - play for the first time - £0.10 FREE TO PLAY GAME

Too bad no credit for Battlepillars achies.

Hopefully IG gives keys in time for:

[SIZE=x-small]Available until Sunday 4 May, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:[/SIZE]

• Battlepillars Gold Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Block Story™ - play for the first time - £0.10
  • FarSky - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Narcissu 1st & 2nd - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - unlock LINE - £0.10
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - unlock ROLL PRACTICE - £0.25
  • Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition - unlock 500 ATTEMPTS - £0.50
  • The Promised Land - play for the first time - £0.10

Little better, but still crabby rewards :(

Battlepillars Gold Edition - play for the first time - £0.10

Narcissu 1st & 2nd - play for the first time - £0.10 FREE TO PLAY GAME

Too bad no credit for Battlepillars achies.

Hopefully IG gives keys in time for:

Was hoping they'd give a reward for Battlepillars' release. They seem to be good at giving "play for the first time" for games recently released on Steam. The question is whether or not the keys for the game are already guaranteed to you in some shape or form. :p

And just fresh from my playthrough of Always Remember Me... achievement rewards from another meh-looking game I'm owed a Steam key for from Gala. :wall:

Ooh... excellent timing with the free Battlepillars keys from WGN?
Yeah, like I said, GMG has been decent about the "Play for the first time" rewards for new Steam games. Probably to encourage people to buy the new game from them. :p

So, I just got the last romance achievement for Always Remember Me, and yeah, this easily could have been a Dating Sim flash game on Newgrounds or something. I feel bad for anyone who'd actually pay $18 ~ $20 for this.

It's not TERRIBLE, and the artwork/music is definitely of a higher quality than something found on Newgrounds (the artwork is especially decent, the music gets kind of annoying because of the limited OST, but it's alright for a while, I can see why they only charge 99 cents for the soundtrack), but the premise and gameplay are equivalent to your basic dating sim. The writing's alright, at least, very few typos/grammatical errors and with a decent enough vocabulary. The gameplay is just really basic, and definitely gets tedious after a while, and the plot is cute, but standard fare and predictable as all hell. Nevermind that so much of the game is based on luck/RNG when it comes to success/failure of your actions and how many stat points you get. And of course, there are a decent amount of glitches that can fuck up some of your progress. Being able to save literally whenever in-game is really helpful, especially for getting more than one achievement per playthrough.

It was tolerable overall, and I don't necessarily regret playing it for a few hours, but that might be because it reminds me of those dating sims I mentioned earlier that I may or may not have played as a 12/13 year old boy. Game definitely brought back some embarrassing memories.

It helped that I played while on a Skype call with a female friend who was playing a free version (after I had mentioned I was playing it) who got laughably into it. Definitely more fun than way.

And as a bonus for guys like me who feel awkward romancing other guys in-game, it's pretty much completely G-rated, which I was surprised/somewhat relieved to find out. Not a dirty joke or physical move past a kiss to be seen.

I give it 3 pink flamingoes out of only-get-this-game-in-a-bundle.

Double post, but this is straight from Narcissu 1st & 2nd's Steam page.

About the Game

... on that blindingly bright day ...
... on that very day of winter ...

This is a story of disease and suffering; of medication and adverse effects; of thoracotomy scars and cellular poisons; of the living who cannot help but to die and of the dying who cannot help but to live; of a resting place other than "on 7F" or "at home".

This is a story of so many things.

But most of all ...

This is the story
of a girl whose heart was standing still
and a boy whose breath was being stolen away,
both of whom die.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see why this game is F2P.. what the fuck is with Playfire and depressing+romantic VN-style games lately? First a game about some girl with a boyfriend who ends up with amnesia trying to protect her in a motorcycle accident, and now this? Is this some sort of cry for help, Playfire Rewards guy?

On the bright side, the game is available to play as of now, at least. Time to idle play this wonderful game!

On the bright side, the game is available to play as of now, at least. Time to idle play this wonderful game!
For what it's worth, it actually seems rather well done from the half hour I've played thus far. Depressing as can be, but not exploitative or just being depressing for the sake of it. Plus there are very few VNs on Steam, so that's a plus (and even fewer good ones, as Always Remember Me will attest).

That said F2P games almost never track, so you probably won't be getting any rewards for it regardless.

For what it's worth, it actually seems rather well done from the half hour I've played thus far. Depressing as can be, but not exploitative or just being depressing for the sake of it. Plus there are very few VNs on Steam, so that's a plus (and even fewer good ones, as Always Remember Me will attest).

That said F2P games almost never track, so you probably won't be getting any rewards for it regardless.
Well, at least it's good. You win, I'll try it out for real. :p

As for F2P rewards not tracking, well... http://imgur.com/ACHKeQo

Maybe I just have better luck with that?

I hate you.
Join the club. :beer:

I had DOTA 2 and Hawken track for me/got rewards from them as well. I have had problems with F2P games not tracking (Loadout, TF2, Path of Exile, Alien Swarm, Champions Online: Free for All), but that was only when I had idled each for less than 20 minutes. 20 minutes+ seems to be the sweet spot for getting the "Play for the first time" rewards.

Trust me, I have a running list in Notepad of missing rewards, so it's not all rainbows and sunshine. :p

Trust me, I have a running list in Notepad of missing rewards, so it's not all rainbows and sunshine. :p
I don't know about PFTFT rewards, but if it's achievements you're missing credit for you can email them a screenshot showing you got the achievement before the rewards expired and they will usually fix it for you (no idea why this part of support actually works).

When does the DS2 sale end? Can't find it specified in the OP nor on GMG.
GMG Blog said:
*This voucher is valid until 1600 UTC April 28th 2014. Only valid against PC Download version of Dark Souls 2. Multiple vouchers cannot be used in conjunction. Voucher and titles available are susceptible to change. Applicable worldwide.[/size]
Awesome, thanks. My friend came over with his copy last night for me to try. I wanted to make sure I liked it (I got partway through Demon Souls years ago and just never got passed the first boss, then skipped Dark Souls because of Skyrim and never went back.) before buying it.

I's fantastic. I guess I forgot how technical it was. There seems to be less cheap deaths than in Demon Souls too. It makes more sense in its contextual visuals.

I disagree.

I disagree.

I disagree.
I really can't blame you for disagreeing. I only tolerated for certain reasons I already mentioned. :p

I don't know about PFTFT rewards, but if it's achievements you're missing credit for you can email them a screenshot showing you got the achievement before the rewards expired and they will usually fix it for you (no idea why this part of support actually works).
Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I already did that over a week ago and I am still waiting to hear back. :wall:

On top of which now there are more missing rewards, so I'll have to send them another ticket after this one.

Double post again, but the new deals are up, and surprise! They're terrible.

10 Second Ninja - $6.69 (33%? off)

Blast em! - $1.49 (50% off)

Montagues Mount - $2.49 (75% off)

Speedball 2 HD - $3.39 (66%? off)

The Chaos Engine - $2.49 (75% off)

The Chaos Engine 2 Pack - $4.24 (75% off)

Chip - $4.89 (Steam pricematch, 30% off)

Canyon Capers - $4.89 (Steam pricematch, 30% off)

Mousecraft - $10.04 (Steam's base price for this is $9.99..., 33%? off GMG price)

QuestRun - $4.49 (50% off)

Realms of the Haunting - $4.99 (Steam pricematch, 50% off)

Street Racing Syndicate - $4.99 (Steam pricematch, 50% off)

Double post again, but the new deals are up, and surprise! They're terrible.

10 Second Ninja - $6.69 (33%? off)

Blast em! - $1.49 (50% off)

Montagues Mount - $2.49 (75% off)

Speedball 2 HD - $3.39 (66%? off)

The Chaos Engine - $2.49 (75% off)

The Chaos Engine 2 Pack - $4.24 (75% off)

Chip - $4.89 (Steam pricematch, 30% off)

Canyon Capers - $4.89 (Steam pricematch, 30% off)

Mousecraft - $10.04 (Steam's base price for this is $9.99..., 33%? off GMG price)

QuestRun - $4.49 (50% off)

Realms of the Haunting - $4.99 (Steam pricematch, 50% off)

Street Racing Syndicate - $4.99 (Steam pricematch, 50% off)
I guess now we'll be able to tell upcoming sale items by the Playfire rewards

Edit:

YAY! Project Snowblind is back in stock ... :D/

... at $5.99 :wall:

I guess now we'll be able to tell upcoming sale items by the Playfire rewards

Edit:

YAY! Project Snowblind is back in stock ... :D/

... at $5.99 :wall:
Is that any better on PC than it was on Xbox? I remember playing it and thinking "MehhhhOMG this is mediocre as Hell!"

Or were you using the sarcasms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back